• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

All This Love: The Debarge Family Story
The world famous DeBarge siblings sought to escape a life of abuse and rejection to become one of the most successful families in R&B music, second only to the Jacksons. From Switch and DeBarge to solo acts, the DeBarges enjoyed fame, wealth and gold-record status, but behind the scenes, the siblings were haunted by the ghosts of their past and deeply scarred by years of emotional and physical abuse. They inevitably fell prey to promiscuity, violence and drug addiction, sending their careers into a downward spiral from which they never fully recovered. All This Love will be the second installment of the Unsung Film Series.

Grown & Sexy
A romantic dramedy that will have viewers laughing, crying and “rooting for love,” Grown & Sexy focuses on the love story of Nye and Julius. Having had her heart broken by her cheating fiancé, Nye puts all of her energy into chasing her dreams of starting her own whiskey label. Complications arise when she falls in love with her business partner, Julius, who just so happens to also be her sister’s ex-boyfriend.

Steppin’ In The Name of Love
Steppin’ In The Name of Love is a romantic comedy set around a Chicago-Style Steppin’ Competition and a childhood love between friends that turns sour after marriage. As the reigning Steppin’ champ, the couple has been paired together to host this year’s event. The only problem is…they can’t stand each other. Can they step back in love through the competition?

Hit a Lick: The Falicia Blakely Story
As covered by an episode of For My Man, Hit a Lick documents the unfettered true story of Falicia Blakely, who at the age of 16 met a man 11 years her senior. Within two short years, she would be a prostitute facing the death penalty for three murders. Harrowing and absolutely gripping, this is a story of self-destruction and what a woman will do in the name of love.

Sch1sm

There was a thread on an Iranian women being unable to compete in national sport for refusing to wear a hijab. OP spent the whole thread arguing how the hijab is oppressive, and felt everyone was defending Iran's laws and government because he has the reading comprehension of a third grader -- everything goes over his head.

Numb

full

Today, I saw a man purchase a jar of mayonnaise that was bigger than my head. What can one man do with that much mayo and one thing of French bread

Are we talking real Mayo, or that knock off stuff, though? We need clear distinction here.

Mayo is something that needs to be combined with other things to be tolerable. It works in potato salad because there are things there to keep it from destroying all that could be good. Mayo unto itself is the boiled frustrations of people. It is jarred and given out for people to consume. I will not eat another person's frustrations

Sch1sm

Mayo is something that needs to be combined with other things to be tolerable. It works in potato salad because there are things there to keep it from destroying all that could be good. Mayo unto itself is the boiled frustrations of people. It is jarred and given out for people to consume. I will not eat another person's frustrations

Agreed. Who's eating it on its own? They need help.

Aiustis

The universe has an anti Tim Drake bias. He should in Injustice, but no it has to be Damian.

It does, they worst thing they do is when they make a Dick Robin and give him Tim's personality.

I'll take my potato salad german style with sweet vinegar rather than mayo.

Shy

Mornin' everyone, happy Friday.
Afternoon BCT
Morning. Hope most of you enjoy your weekend..
Mornin' all.
Morning all
Evening all.
Why I try not to talk London slang. 99% in here would be confused as hell.
LOL. I'm the same way.

Though i've done it for so long, my speech pattens are all fucked up.

Beefy

There was a thread on an Iranian women being unable to compete in national sport for refusing to wear a hijab. OP spent the whole thread arguing how the hijab is oppressive, and felt everyone was defending Iran's laws and government because he has the reading comprehension of a third grader -- everything goes over his head.

Damn, sounds a good thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom