• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning bct.

Waldo: how are the festivities going?

DMR: how's everything?

Feenix: Janet will never listen to your covers of J Cole's last album

Johndoey

Banned
Good morning BCT.

Frozen thanks for that PM of comics--I still have it unread because I haven't been able to sit down and read through it all yet.

Has Van Jones commented on the shit people are giving him about the "at this moment he became president" line? If I'm not mistaken I believe it was during Trump's speech about the Muslim ban and having a black man saying that about a speech that was xenophobic was ridiculous. I'm not saying Jones still earns the meme or not I jut want to know what he thinks about the backlash.

My personal thoughts outside of the question I'm asking: Jones should have known better to say that and to give an inch to a bigoted man while that very man was being bigoted.
Jones said in in reference to the moment where Trump acknowledged the widow of the Seal that was killed in the Yemen raid. He said it "Was one of the most extraordinary moments you've ever seen in American politics, period". Which was asinine.

This was his response.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/van-jo...trump-praise-not-saying-hes-george-washington
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GGmmN7qZPo

He just backs the comments back.

Chatting with a Co-worker about that Red Pill documentary, and he hipped me to the Black Pillers. Now I'm stuck on a internet deep dive through Reddit, and Discord, of what has to be the most fuckboi group adjacent to MRA/Redpill/Hoteps.

How nightmarish is it? Like Silent Hill nightmarish, or raccoon city resident evil 2 nightmarish?

shingi70

Banned
How nightmarish is it? Like Silent Hill nightmarish, or raccoon city resident evil 2 nightmarish?

Hoteps are hypocritical conceen trolls who peddle misogyny under the guise of true blackness.

Red Pillers are a bunch of amped up nerds who using doxxing and violence to eat back at a world that they think has sleigted him.

Black pillers are just fucking depressing, calling themselves incels and that they'll never get laid or get a girlfriend ever. It's rampant with misogyny and anti feminist leanings. They call women all the names under the sun, think that Chads and Tyrones (good looking frat dudes) fuck all the girls and the normies are all cucks.

I'm legit surprised the incels subreddit hasn't been banned. It's a bunch of dudes talking about killing themselves over Chad, while having unrealistic expectations and hero worshiping that piece of shit Elliot Rodgers of all people.

Hoteps are hypocritical conceen trolls who peddle misogyny under the guise of true blackness.

Red Pillers are a bunch of amped up nerds who using doxxing and violence to eat back at a world that they think has sleigted him.

Black pillers are just fucking depressing, calling themselves incels and that they'll never get laid or get a girlfriend ever. It's rampant with misogyny and anti feminist leanings. They call women all the names under the sun, think that Chads and Tyrones (good looking frat dudes) fuck all the girls and the normies are all cucks.

I'm legit surprised the incels subreddit hasn't been banned. It's a bunch of dudes talking about killing themselves over Chad, while having unrealistic expectations and hero worshiping that piece of shit Elliot Rodgers of all people.

Jesus.

shingi70

Banned
I'm on their discord chat and these niggas, are trying to defend with probably BS stats how a gir being a virgin makes her more pure

I'm on their discord chat and these niggas, are trying to defend with probably BS stats how a gir being a virgin makes her more pure

25cbb6c368b8dae71511b0854dbaed97.jpg

Mornin' everyone.

Morning bct.

Waldo: how are the festivities going?

Got the popo called on us cause apparently music was too loud. It was a scene out of that "neighbors" movie. Found out the call came from the newest couple that moved on the road... 8 houses down. 8 big ass homes down.

Because I am sadly familiar with the VPD both good and bad, and these white folk wondering what I'm doing in this type of neighborhood, which also isnt new. Nothing happened. I had called in ahead of time about a Canada Day celebration so I don't get no noise complaints, music wasn't even that loud, we were when a game of bones and monopoly was going down. So cool, take it as another young white couple that believe a black man can't have a nice home and live in a nice town without selling DRUGS. Lmao my family was over and they tried the "I dont know if drugs are involved or not but I hear shouting."

The dispatcher had to have rolled her eyes so hard cause she sent two blackity black police officers. And these dudes was about to be off duty so I invited them to the party, we proceeded to drank and play bones.

Other than that I'm road tripping it to Santa Cruz with the fam bam to get read for Pt. 2, got 10 more hours to go.

Mornin' everyone.

Got the popo called on us cause apparently music was too loud. It was a scene out of that "neighbors" movie. Found out the call came from the newest couple that moved on the road... 8 houses down. 8 big ass homes down.

Because I am sadly familiar with the VPD both good and bad, and these white folk wondering what I'm doing in this type of neighborhood, which also isnt new. Nothing happened. I had called in ahead of time about a Canada Day celebration so I don't get no noise complaints, music wasn't even that loud, we were when a game of bones and monopoly was going down. So cool, take it as another young white couple that believe a black man can't have a nice home and live in a nice town without selling DRUGS. Lmao my family was over and they tried the "I dont know if drugs are involved or not but I hear shouting."

The dispatcher had to have rolled her eyes so hard cause she sent two blackity black police officers. And these dudes was about to be off duty so I invited them to the party, we proceeded to drank and play bones.

Other than that I'm road tripping it to Santa Cruz with the fam bam to get read for Pt. 2, got 10 more hours to go.

It's always the new people. Always. Sounds like you had a good time. Santa Cruz should be a good time. I've finalized just about everything for my event. Need to just let the week proceed. Can't wait though.

Invite Harson to your event. He needs to bring his wildness to your function

Imm0rt4l

My best friend is starting medical school soon, known him for 20 years. I'd like to get him a gift, but I'm kinda at a loss for what exactly I should get him. He's hinted in the past that he wants a gear s3 smart watch. But I dunno, I feel like that kind resistant to buy something that will fall to technological obselesence sooner--maybe I should go with that or but I feel like I should get something that's more timeless. What y'all think?

D i Z

Mornin' everyone.

Paranoid ass white folks. Bringing black folk together.

Kanye and Jay Z beefing?

Kanye don't want them problems

Ye will be begging for forgiveness again soon enough.

shingi70

Banned
Save your sanity, shingi. Run.

It funny but also super depressing. You had some dudes who were clearly people of color saying it was over for them she to their race. lots of very uncomfortable rape jokes.

I just don't understand that mindset at all. All of their arguments around women just led into this even shitter sonic cycle or never getting any.

D i Z

My best friend is starting medical school soon, known him for 20 years. I'd like to get him a gift, but I'm kinda at a loss for what exactly I should get him. He's hinted in the past that he wants a gear s3 smart watch. But I dunno, I feel like that kind resistant to buy something that will fall to technological obselesence sooner--maybe I should go with that or but I feel like I should get something that's more timeless. What y'all think?

For that price you could get a classic watch. Something like the kind that people pass down a generation when times get rough. Would he see that as a step down if he's all about the tech?

It funny but also super depressing. You had some dudes who were clearly people of color saying it was over for them she to their race. lots of very uncomfortable rape jokes.

I just don't understand that mindset at all. All of their arguments around women just led into this even shitter sonic cycle or never getting any.

That's...really sad.

----------------------

In other news, I can be evil as fuck in Overwatch. Played Total Mayhem with Ana on attack in Numbani, saw a Reaper running away as our team headed for the point. Hit that edgelord with a Sleep Dart and proceeded to dart the poor soul for a few minutes. But to that Reaper.......

It was an eternity.

tenor.gif

Imm0rt4l

For that price you could get a classic watch. Something like the kind that people pass down a generation when times get rough. Would he see that as a step down if he's all about the tech?
I was thinking the same thing. The thing is, he's not even particularly tech savvy. This and my aversion smartt watches makes me even more apprehensive about actually putting the money down. I'm not ballin like that, and I feel like you should comemeorate this achievement with something less fleeting.

D i Z

I was thinking the same thing. The thing is, he's not even particularly tech savvy. This and my aversion smartt watches makes me even more apprehensive about actually putting the money down. I'm not ballin like that, and I feel like you should comemeorate this achievement with something less fleeting.

I'd stick with the classics. The traditional gifts you give to someone entering school and the field. The kind of thing that they would keep in their study when they are filthy rich and respected, and have a place for storing such treasured memento's. Or hock-able during the next great depression.

Imm0rt4l

I'd stick with the classics. The traditional gifts you give to someone entering school and the field. The kind of thing that they would keep in their study when they are filthy rich and respected, and have a place for storing such treasured memento's. Or hock-able during the next great depression.
Thanks, this is reaffirming. I may put getting a gift on hold till I can think of something proper.

Jet Set Radio is getting hard. Started the Golden Rhinos chapter. Beat the Explosions level and now doing the Benten Cho level with the black girl I just got. This level is huge and there are hardly any spray cans around. I've been waiting for a playable black girl to show up, but ugh why does have to have a low graffiti stat? She can only hold 15 cans. I have to constantly go back to that one area to refill.

Also, these people are sending helicopters and flamethrower weilding goons. This is just tagging. Is it that serious?

Jet Set Radio is getting hard. Started the Golden Rhinos chapter. Beat the Explosions level and now doing the Benten Cho level with the black girl I just got. This level is huge and there are hardly any spray cans around. I've been waiting for a playable black girl to show up, but ugh why does have to have a low graffiti stat? She can only hold 15 cans. I have to constantly go back to that one area to refill.

Also, these people are sending helicopters and flamethrower weilding goons. This is just tagging. Is that serious?

Graffiti is serious business. It is crazy how much firepower they're sending to take out taggers.

akira28

My personal thoughts outside of the question I'm asking: Jones should have known better to say that and to give an inch to a bigoted man while that very man was being bigoted.

Jones might say that is a drop in a gigantic sea of problems that many people aren't even aware of that are affecting their lives for the next 2 generations. That he may have chosen better words, that he in no way intended to legitimize Trump in any way, but that this was the first time Trump made an attempt to look the part of a President instead of a red light district street caller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom