• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

ReiGun

angela1620x833.jpg

to:
angela3m.jpg

angela4.jpg

damn it fam, this shit has to stop.

http://www.gossipdaily.com/remember...oy-meets-world-has-gone-well-shes-gone-white/

I need to be alone right now, guys. I need....oh man. I'm so sad right now. :'(

im gonna have to come clean. the jay z/nas thing is completely lost on me. i was more absorbed into the eazy loses to everyone saga happening over here on the west coast

There once was a man named Nasir Jones aka da God's Son aka Nasty Nas aka the second coming of Rakim aka Sincere from Belly, otherwise known simply as Nas. At the age of 20, he released maybe the greatest rap album of all-time Illmatic, that one joint where you don't skip any of the tracks because they all classics. Everybody was a fan of it, even Jay-Z, who at the time was wearing Jaz' chain and Hawaiian shirts. Eventually, Jay rose up on his own, and in the death of Biggie Smalls, was the only other contender in town to knock Nas off his King of NY throne.

Jay shot first, with Takeover Nas came back with a freestyle over "Paid in Full".

Nas then came out with his fully-realized diss track, "Ether", which still burns souls every time a nigga listens to it. Every time you see somebody post "Ether", well now you know where it's from.

Eventually the beef got squashed, but it really doesn't matter. Jay-Z is one of the most successful rappers of all-time, has expanded himself into a franchise, married to mothafuckin' Beyonce, AND gets a lifetime supply of Popeyes.

Jay3.gif

Meanwhile, Nas has been trying to replicate the success of his debut album 20 years ago to no avail, paying some serious child support payments out the ass to Kelis every month, and is so irrelevant, he gotta talk about Gwen Paltrow being "a real nigga" so people pay attention to his ass. It's gotten so bad we got dudes singing the praises of It Was Written like some return to form. Really, b? We fell down that hard?

Naslost2.gif

Naslost.jpg

NasLost.jpg

tumblr_lxk1a8FJm61qfg53do1_500.jpg

Onemic

We need another Marc Ecko's Getting Up. That game was fun.

THIS THIS THIS

One of my favourite games on PS2. The fact that it ended on such a cliffhanger and has no sequel is criminal.

I always told myself if Marc Ecko didn't make a sequel to the game I'd become a programmer and make it myself. I'm a little behind on that...

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
There once was a man named Nasir Jones aka da God's Son aka Nasty Nas aka the second coming of Rakim aka Sincere from Belly, otherwise known simply as Nas. At the age of 20, he released maybe the greatest rap album of all-time Illmatic, that one joint where you don't skip any of the tracks because they all classics. Everybody was a fan of it, even Jay-Z, who at the time was wearing Jaz' chain and Hawaiian shirts. Eventually, Jay rose up on his own, and in the death of Biggie Smalls, was the only other contender in town to knock Nas off his King of NY throne.

Jay shot first, with Takeover Nas came back with a freestyle over "Paid in Full".

Nas then came out with his fully-realized diss track, "Ether", which still burns souls every time a nigga listens to it. Every time you see somebody post "Ether", well now you know where it's from.

Eventually the beef got squashed, but it really doesn't matter. Jay-Z is one of the most successful rappers of all-time, has expanded himself into a franchise, married to mothafuckin' Beyonce, AND gets a lifetime supply of Popeyes.

Meanwhile, Nas has been trying to replicate the success of his debut album 20 years ago to no avail, paying some serious child support payments out the ass to Kelis every month, and is so irrelevant, he gotta talk about Gwen Paltrow being "a real nigga" so people pay attention to his ass. It's gotten so bad we got dudes singing the praises of It Was Written like some return to form. Really, b? We fell down that hard?

i understand it all. it just doesnt have the same impact for me. i dont get the hype that comes with it. well other than nas and kelis. thats a major L no matter if you were on the scene or not.

G-Fex

THIS THIS THIS

One of my favourite games on PS2. The fact that it ended on such a cliffhanger and has no sequel is criminal.

I always told myself if Marc Ecko didn't make a sequel to the game I'd become a programmer and make it myself. I'm a little behind on that...

seriously that's a good game? I saw it at the local game place for x-box and was wondering what it was (I don't know who marc ecko is)

Onemic

seriously that's a good game? I saw it at the local game place for x-box and was wondering what it was (I don't know who marc ecko is)

Definitely, especially if you dig graffiti art.

Marc Ecko is a clothing designer. Responsible for those rhino hoodies you saw back in the early 2000's. Part of dat Rockawear, Phat Farm, Avirex, Enyce, Sean John era.

G-Fex

Definitely, especially if you dig graffiti art.

Marc Ecko is a clothing designer. Responsible for those rhino hoodies you saw back in the early 2000's. Part of dat Rockawear, Phat Farm, Avirex, Enyce, Sean John era.

...I think I know some of those things.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
so many Jay-Z revisionist on NeoGaf. Jay is winning in life through success but in their battle Nas destroyed him to the point Ether is slang for being destroyed, ruined, wiped out.... shit I feel like saying a Fuck Jay-Z right now cause he put that eye sore stadium on my block.

Kreed

http://cdn.videogum.com/files/2012/10/Jay3.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://images.wikia.com/illcommunity/images/5/58/Naslost2.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://images.wikia.com/illcommunity/images/0/0c/Naslost.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o62/Untitledscot/NasLost.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxk1a8FJm61qfg53do1_500.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

So we've moved on from anime discussion to writing Jay-Z fan fiction? Makes sense to me.

Onemic

so many Jay-Z revisionist on NeoGaf. Jay is winning in life through success but in their battle Nas destroyed him to the point Ether is slang for being destroyed, ruined, wiped out.... shit I feel like saying a Fuck Jay-Z right now cause he put that eye sore stadium on my block.

Jay fans just salty he lost the game. We aint talkin bout legacy. we talkin bout diss tracks.

Imm0rt4l

so vulga....

Nas killed jay. Problem is he died from self inflicted Ls while Jay went on to great things.

Like two boxers going toe to toe, Boxer 1 destroys Boxer 2 but then develops a meth addiction and ends up sucking off truckers as they pass through town to finance his addiction. Boxer 2 continues as a good boxer with a great legacy, earns tons of cash on the side, marries, lives the american dream. You can bring up how bad Boxer 1 beat his ass but Jay is preoccupied with other things.

For the record It Was Written is really good, Stillmatic is good and Life Is Good is decent, Distant Relatives is alright too. I have more respect for Nas as an artist, I just like his catalogue more than Jay's. Except for some choice cuts, Jay pandered to get the biggest audience.

DominoKid

short of Jay stans, i expect the average Jay fan to be able to admit 1) nas won 2) nas a better rapper.

Jay fans can have everything else, but these 2 things they will never have.

That's kind of like Native American tribes gloating about how they fucked up Custer at Littile Big Horn.

...Long as we agree that's KFC he's holding.

Thats why he only took one bite. He's dancing to hide his pain.

Yeah, Al Bundy was godlike too in that one game.

http://cdn.videogum.com/files/2012/10/Jay3.gif

http://images.wikia.com/illcommunity/images/5/58/Naslost2.gif

http://images.wikia.com/illcommunity/images/0/0c/Naslost.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o62/Untitledscot/NasLost.jpg

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxk1a8FJm61qfg53do1_500.jpg

can't change the past. sorry.

Jay3.gif

Naslost2.gif

Naslost.jpg

NasLost.jpg

tumblr_lxk1a8FJm61qfg53do1_500.jpg

Jay-Z has had monetary success but has yet to reach the musical excellence Nas has blessed us with over the last couple decades. Jay-Z is still that big, ugly, awkward guy jacking lines and flows from his superiors.

Slayven

Good thing we never have to go to war with another community thread. Cause right now I think we could only take Manga Gaf. We are so divided.

Top Bottom