• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Shit, I WISH more JRPGs took lessons from Chrono Trigger. Maybe then I'd play more of 'em.

-perfect pacing, a lean, filler-free 20-25 hour length of time
-sidequests that actually matter to the character outside of fetch 10 monkey butts here and bring them there
-Classic fairy tale storytelling instead of generic anime melodrama
-No grinding necessary, a great difficulty curve
-NO RANDOM BATTLES
-A fast-paced, fun, and varied combat system, with real team chemistry to mix and match with.

Instead we got everybody following in FF7's footsteps, bloated 40+ hour slogs of random battles, grinding, convoluted battle systems, and shonen anime tropes and cliches.

Ya'll need to skip all that Persona shit and get on that Far Cry 3, that real nigga shit.

Mr.Fresh

Shit, I WISH more JRPGs took lessons from Chrono Trigger. Maybe then I'd play more of 'em.

-perfect pacing, a lean, filler-free 20-25 hour length of time
-sidequests that actually matter to the character outside of fetch 10 monkey butts here and bring them there
-Classic fairy tale storytelling instead of generic anime melodrama
-No grinding necessary, a great difficulty curve
-NO RANDOM BATTLES
-A fast-paced, fun, and varied combat system, with real team chemistry to mix and match with.

Instead we got everybody following in FF7's footsteps, bloated 40+ hour slogs of random battles, grinding, convoluted battle systems, and shonen anime tropes and cliches.

Ya'll need to skip all that Persona shit and get on that Far Cry 3, that real nigga shit.

Far Cry 2 was boring as hell! I literally fell a sleep playin it like 10 times.

I liked some things about FC2, but this game takes everything good about it and gets rid of all the junk. It's the truth, man. Possibly GotY for me at this rate.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i hated the battle system for cross. id rather see more grandia based battle systems instead.

Parallax

First Hurricane hate, now this slander? Me and you are going to have to meet at an abandoned quarry to settle this.

wait, which hurricane? i hate so many things, its hard to keep track.

but yeah, ill see you on that cross tip. we still have cyclops related issues unsettled

The best battle system is not having a battle system at all. Who the fuck wants to hit a button and watch someone do some shit?

N6uZV.gif

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
There once was a man named Nasir Jones aka da God's Son aka Nasty Nas aka the second coming of Rakim aka Sincere from Belly, otherwise known simply as Nas. At the age of 20, he released maybe the greatest rap album of all-time Illmatic, that one joint where you don't skip any of the tracks because they all classics. Everybody was a fan of it, even Jay-Z, who at the time was wearing Jaz' chain and Hawaiian shirts. Eventually, Jay rose up on his own, and in the death of Biggie Smalls, was the only other contender in town to knock Nas off his King of NY throne.

Jay shot first, with Takeover Nas came back with a freestyle over "Paid in Full".

Nas then came out with his fully-realized diss track, "Ether", which still burns souls every time a nigga listens to it. Every time you see somebody post "Ether", well now you know where it's from.

Eventually the beef got squashed, but it really doesn't matter. Jay-Z is one of the most successful rappers of all-time, has expanded himself into a franchise, married to mothafuckin' Beyonce, AND gets a lifetime supply of Popeyes.

Meanwhile, Nas has been trying to replicate the success of his debut album 20 years ago to no avail, paying some serious child support payments out the ass to Kelis every month, and is so irrelevant, he gotta talk about Gwen Paltrow being "a real nigga" so people pay attention to his ass. It's gotten so bad we got dudes singing the praises of It Was Written like some return to form. Really, b? We fell down that hard?
Nas killed jay. Problem is he died from self inflicted Ls while Jay went on to great things.

Like two boxers going toe to toe, Boxer 1 destroys Boxer 2 but then develops a meth addiction and ends up sucking off truckers as they pass through town to finance his addiction. Boxer 2 continues as a good boxer with a great legacy, earns tons of cash on the side, marries, lives the american dream. You can bring up how bad Boxer 1 beat his ass but Jay is preoccupied with other things.

For the record It Was Written is really good, Stillmatic is good and Life Is Good is decent, Distant Relatives is alright too. I have more respect for Nas as an artist, I just like his catalogue more than Jay's. Except for some choice cuts, Jay pandered to get the biggest audience.

These were very informative posts, thanks.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I don't think Subway is that bad but I avoid the ones around here because 99.9% of the time the servers have a piss-poor attitude.

My go-to are Ham & Cheese from Planet Sub. Toasty Bullet from Quiznos. Goodcents original if I'm broke.

DominoKid

I don't think Subway is that bad but I avoid the ones around here because 99.9% of the time the servers have a piss-poor attitude.

My go-to are Ham & Cheese from Planet Sub. Toasty Bullet from Quiznos. Goodcents original if I'm broke.

if i worked at Subway i'd have a piss poor attitude too. the customers are generally awful.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
JC's post makes me wanna play Chrono Trigger. Where can i buy it?

Subway is the official struggle chain sandwich.

I'm not above a struggle footlong every now and then though.

Quiznos is much better imo, capriotti's is good too. I had earl of sandwich in downtown disney last week and its pretty good, but pricey.

Pastrami at Langer's in LA is that "movin' on up, to the east side" fastfood sandwich.

Slayven

Quiznos is much better imo, capriotti's is good too. I had earl of sandwich in downtown disney last week and its pretty good, but pricey.

Pastrami at Langer's in LA is that "movin' on up, to the east side" fastfood sandwich.

If you going to get subway you might as well make a sandwhich at your house.

Parallax

damn i could go for some pastrami on a day like today. i only wish the hat wasnt a hike to get to.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
if i worked at Subway i'd have a piss poor attitude too. the customers are generally awful.
Yeah I don't begrudge that but I've worked in retail plenty (not anymore, thank the stars) so I always try to be the easiest customer ever even when they fuck up my order most times I won't say anything unless it's awful. And yet still consistently get the stink-eye and I think, "damn volunteer servers at the soup kitchen working for free have better attitude than this."

When you live in a small town, you don't gotta a lot of options, and you gotta make due with that Subway

and by "Subway", I mean drive your ass to Quizno's instead. There's only like 3 different sandwich chains here, I got enough sense to go to the right ones.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
For sure. Planet Sub is my absolute favorite and Quiznos when that isn't available. They had better commercials too, fuck Jared.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Hell nah, those Quiznos cats commercials were scary as FUCK

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZuPTZWhz46M/0.jpg[/MG]

what were they thinking[/QUOTE]That's what made them entertaining. No one gives a fuck about how much weight Jared lost. It was all about those meth hamsters.

It's like they started with cute hamsters as a marketing idea but then some CEO's retarded cousin decided to put CGI googly-eyes and human mouths on them for no fucking reason at all and have them wear hats and play the banjo.

LowerLevel

FF8 is misunderstood. FF4 is worse than sugary grits that have been in the sun for a week.

Muthafu.... Man, I was about to lay into you, but peeps already beat me to it and no sense beating a dead horse.

Look, FF8 may of had some type of good "story" or some mess, but sucking out my magic/abilities is just plain wrong. That's some seriously tedious shit there.

You know, I love it up here in Greater Boston, but when a Quizno's get shut down but they open ANOTHER Subway near the college. And as far I can tell, there's only one Popeye's but quite a few KFC's but only the 4... wait, one burned down... 3 in the hood actually have spicy and the rest have a fucking Toxic Hell attached to it and NO hot sauce, it doesn't bode well for fried chicken. Sorry for the rant, but it's kinda ridiculous. And the West Indians don't know how to make southern fried around here. Well, there's a new Carolina style BBQ that opened in town me and the wife are going to try out, wish my taste buds luck!

Top Bottom