• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Slayven

IF I GO DOWN I'M TAKING YOU WITH ME

On another note, as much as I complain about the VGAs, the actual AWARDS they gave out were...actually pretty interesting! Journey walked away with 3 awards(including best PS3 game), new ip Dishonored won over mega-hyped mega-boring Assassin Creed's 3, Borderlands 2 went over Halo and Call of Duty, and The Walking Dead won Game of the Year. The small, downloadable, episodic point and click adventure starring an African-American, with no marketing power(besides the name), no pre-order bonuses at Gamestop power to the players shit, no big multiplayer component, etc...somehow walked away with GotY.

The presentation of the show was ass, but the actual awards...I'm pretty ok with them!

Those threads in gaming about the show was downright disgusting. No wonder so many females shy away from the industry.

Onemic

How good is Walking Dead anyway?

Those threads in gaming about the show was downright disgusting. No wonder so many females shy away from the industry.

The interviews they had at the show were even worse. "Nerds love lesbians, so lets try to exploit that as much as possible!"

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I use to smoke weed all the time in high school and undergrad but quit mostly once I got out of undergrad. The shit is a social stigma and the smell of it gets in your clothes.

Now I smoke maybe a handful of times a year when I know I can be by myself and have enough time to come down from it before I interact with anyone.

I've had some bad trips but now I just zone out and get introspective.

How good is Walking Dead anyway?

The interviews they had at the show were even worse.

Those interviews man...goddamn

As for the Walking Dead, I haven't played it since I hate the comic, stopped watching the show, and was like, "an episodic point-and-click adventure? lol"

Buuuuut it's got pretty much universal acclaim at this point. And not just GAF HYPE kinda acclaim, but like, "It will probably win more GotYs than any other game released in 2012" kinda acclaim.

I guess I'm gonna have to try it out and see for myself, but on principle I do like seeing a smaller game starring a black man with a focus on good storytelling get awarded.

IF I GO DOWN I'M TAKING YOU WITH ME

On another note, as much as I complain about the VGAs, the actual AWARDS they gave out were...actually pretty interesting! Journey walked away with 3 awards(including best PS3 game), new ip Dishonored won over mega-hyped mega-boring Assassin Creed's 3, Borderlands 2 went over Halo and Call of Duty, and The Walking Dead won Game of the Year. The small, downloadable, episodic point and click adventure starring an African-American, with no marketing power(besides the name), no pre-order bonuses at Gamestop power to the players shit, no big multiplayer component, etc...somehow walked away with GotY.

The presentation of the show was ass, but the actual awards...I'm pretty ok with them!

I had to stop watching when they started the symphony with the dominatrix violin and cello players then cut to a little girl singing "What do you do with a drunken whaler" it became to WTF.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
TWD game has stronger writing than the show, by an impressively large margin. I don't know how it compares to the comic, because I haven't read it yet.

XCOM has 80 levels, and the enemies/enemy placement is randomly generated. A bit of a step back from the original X-COM's completely randomly generated levels, but it's fine.

G-Fex

wait then what's the reverse or like..term for uh...you know cause i'm not black but uh..

ah nevermind.

Anyway I want to make a thread about reasons movie sequels turned out bad, how would I word such a thing? Reasons? Ulterior motives?

Most movie sequels are made because they found a hit property and they need to replicate that success, even if there isn't a story to tell. So they got keep everything people liked about the first one, and you end up retreading old ground, rehashing old jokes, or just straight up misunderstanding what it is that made the first one connect with audiences so much. Sometimes people fall in the trap of mistaking bigger = better now that you got a big budget to back you up, or rushing out two movies even though you don't have the best script in the world. All kinds of reasons.

G-Fex

Most movie sequels are made because they found a hit property and they need to replicate that success, even if there isn't a story to tell. So they got keep everything people liked about the first one, and you end up retreading old ground, rehashing old jokes, or just straight up misunderstanding what it is that made the first one connect with audiences so much. Sometimes people fall in the trap of mistaking bigger = better now that you got a big budget to back you up, or rushing out two movies even though you don't have the best script in the world. All kinds of reasons.

Well I want to cover that and the seedy ulterior motives such as Batman and Robin's entire production revolved around toy merchandise and Die Another Day was put to ridiculous extremes to compete with the xXx movie.

Oldschoolgamer

So, I just tried out the demo for X-Com, because of you folks. Yea, I'm getting this for certain. I can already see myself raging, due to me leveling up a sniper and a scumbag alien kills them.

So, I just tried out the demo for X-Com, because of you folks. Yea, I'm getting this for certain. I can already see myself raging, due to me leveling up a sniper and a scumbag alien kills them.

Yeah, but when that Sniper takes that 35% shot and hits, it's like you're pulling the trigger yourself. Everything is so personal in that game. It can go from completely satisfying to soul-crushing in an instant.

Oldschoolgamer

Yeah, but when that Sniper takes that 35% shot and hits, it's like you're pulling the trigger yourself. Everything is so personal in that game. It can go from completely satisfying to soul-crushing in an instant.

I can already tell. I use to play Command & Conquer a lot, but none of them made me feel how I did a minute ago, when I sent a unit past a window, and I realized the Aliens had on Overwatch as well.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I can already tell. I use to play Command & Conquer a lot, but none of them made me feel how I did a minute ago, when I sent a unit past a window, and I realized the Aliens had on Overwatch as well.
"This is a bad idea... this is a bad idea... this is a bad idea..." *click* "FUUUUUUUU"

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I will get X-COM eventually. Waiting for the inevitable steam sale.

In reference to the fat girls thread, I find it genuinely fascinating how one line of thinking (certain terms are insulting and shaming people for their lifestyles is not productive) is perfectly understood in defense of a subject you find important such as gay rights but then suddenly it becomes hieroglyphs when people post use the EXACT same ideology about a different subject. That's a level of doublethink that would make Big Brother smile.

Top Bottom