• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Nah, no tattoos for me.

I always think of that one Red vs Blue PSA for some reason.

"Why not get a tattoo? Because you are a goddam moron. Think about it, were you smart ten years ago? No, you were a goddam moron. You're just as much of a moron now, it's just gonna take you ten more years to realize it."

Also, I hadn't weighed in on the chicken war because I hadn't eaten Popeyes in a while.

Final verdict:
Fuck KFC.

I got the Mike Tyson face tat

Would fit your MO.

I got my first one 14 years ago, and I'm probably going to get #8 next month around my birthday.

There are people who get horrible tattoos, but they are not the sharpest tool in the shed. I do hate the stigma that we all just get them on a whim and will regret them later on in life. Sure the drunk girl getting a tramp stamp, or the dumb ass getting the tribal band will likely regret it. But there are many of us who appreciate the culture, and don't get a stupid Sonic tattoo.

Edit:
Also most NBA players have horrible tattoos. NFL linemen usually have much better work.

Which could bring up a whole different issue that the majority of tattoos black people get are bad.

Would fit your MO.

I got my first one 14 years ago, and I'm probably going to get #8 next month around my birthday.

There are people who get horrible tattoos, but they are not the sharpest tool in the shed. I do hate the stigma that we all just get them on a whim and will regret them later on in life. Sure the drunk girl getting a tramp stamp, or the dumb ass getting the tribal band will likely regret it. But there are many of us who appreciate the culture, and don't get a stupid Sonic tattoo.

Edit:
Also most NBA players have horrible tattoos. NFL linemen usually have much better work.

Which could bring up a whole different issue that the majority of tattoos black people get are bad.

I went to visit my ex in jail the other week, and the whole place was a carnival of people with horrendous tattoos and even worse decision making abilities.

DominoKid

Would fit your MO.

Edit:

i went w/ one of my friends to see her get a treble clef tatted on the back of her neck just cause i'd never seen a tattoo before.

when she told the artist what she wanted the artist was like "...for what?"
im sitting on the side like "i asked her the same thing. just roll with it."

i don't think she's ever gotten a positive first response on that tattoo lmao.

I went to visit my ex in jail the other week, and the whole place was a carnival of people with horrendous tattoos and even worse decision making abilities.

That parts obvious seeing as they were in jail.

i went w/ one of my friends to see her get a treble clef tatted on the back of her neck just cause i'd never seen a tattoo before.

when she told the artist what she wanted the artist was like "...for what?"
im sitting on the side like "i asked her the same thing. just roll with it."

i don't think she's ever gotten a positive first response on that tattoo lmao.

Does she at least play an instrument?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
4cOzl.png

what about the pectoral area? is that a "safe zone"?

Yeah, I don't see why a tattoo on your forearm would stop you from getting a job. Unless it's at a theme park or fast food place where the uniform is short sleeves.

ReiGun

I don't think Captain America's 1950s mindset in The Avengers is bashed enough.

Interesting idea, but I hated it in the film.

"I think it runs on some kind of electricity!"

I had more problems with him being told to pull a lever. Ship being attacked by mercs, and the fucking super solider is left to do a job any random shield agent could do.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
My first run in X-Com is turning out like most horror movies: damn near all of the brothers have died and the hero is the lone white lady that held it down from the start. Some even gave their lives protecting her.

Onemic

anyone play dark souls? just started playing it again for pc and this thing is amazing. i actually sold it before because i couldnt pass a certain part.

totally using a strategy guide this time

A.E Suggs

You have chosen poorly.

I guess I have chosen poorly as well because I have chosen to stand by him and his opinion. What now! You can't take us both we have wrestle gaf to back us up.

anyone play dark souls? just started playing it again for pc and this thing is amazing. i actually sold it before because i couldnt pass a certain part.

Nope but demon souls is my game.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Yeah fucking amazing game. Best console gaming experience in recent memory. So much sweat and rage and rush of dopamine when I finally cleared a bad spot.

Platinum'd the sonofabitch a few months ago but keep going back to try fun new builds. One cool build is using the Dragon Bone fist to become Dark Souls Ryu:Shoryuken!

Top Bottom