• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

The only people I tip are those African toilet attendants you see in nightclubs. With that said you do get free aftershave and stuff.

One of them could be transplanting my liver in future so I'm nice.

She should have went and hit up the 99cent menu from somewhere. She would have had more money in her pocket instead of losing 16$ on a pizza. Gotta think smart when you broke

Slayven

She should have went and hit up the 99cent menu from somewhere. She would have had more money in her pocket instead of losing 16$ on a pizza. Gotta think smart when you broke

Buck's is more in the lil Caesar's tier. If she paid 16 she better have got 3 pizza's some breadsticks.

If you can't afford the $3 tip, don't order delivery. You obviously have some budget issues you need to work out. Stick with the ramen noodles, honey.

Maybe its just me, but I think with tipping, understanding why tipping is not a rip off was a huge part of adjusting to living in the US.

I was out with some friends from back home (Ghana) and when the issue of tipping came up, you could tell who had been here for a while versus people just visiting the US. There's a mentality in Ghana (shared by other cultures) that you really shouldn't be paid extra for doing your job.

I tip pretty generous for great service now and my sister makes fun of me for that, but hey, good service is pretty rare where I go out.

If you can't afford the $3 tip, don't order delivery. You obviously have some budget issues you need to work out. Stick with the ramen noodles, honey.
This. You'd think black people could sympathize with people working low income jobs smh. If a couple dollars tip is a problem go to McDonalds

I enjoy tipping, mainly because I love seeing that half second of disappointment on a delivery person's face when I open the door. I'm pretty sure my name rings around the block now due to my tips. They give me extra fortune cookies, extra garlic sauce etc. feels good man

Slayven

Jesus if its like Lil Caesar why the hell did she get it delivered? Assuming the premake thier pizza like Lil Caesars you can just walk in, pay, and leave.
Probably no ride. I worked at a Buck's, they are cheap franchises that sends you almost everything premade. I laughed when people ordered the wings because, we brought them from the food lion next door.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
This. You'd think black people could sympathize with people working low income jobs smh. If a couple dollars tip is a problem go to McDonalds

I enjoy tipping, mainly because I love seeing that half second of disappointment on a delivery person's face when I open the door. I'm pretty sure my name rings around the block now due to my tips. They give me extra fortune cookies, extra garlic sauce etc. feels good man

Yeah, no.

I get that "oh, he's black? :(" face and they may as well make the necessary mental preparations to kiss my ass. Show up with good service from the start like you're supposed to? I'll make sure I'm one of the best delivery stops on your route consistently.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i hate tipping threads. its always the responsibility of the consumer and never the employer in those. shouldnt that be the major issue?

Mr. Patch

That's the shit that makes me NOT want to tip.

Yeah the tirad the pizza guy went on about, the fucker been racist, its just not getting tip made him explode. I can see him getting mad and saying "stupid nigger didnt tip" but he went on a white nationalist rant talking bout black doesnt deserve to live I bet money he is a registered member of stormfront. But only gaf can focus on her not tipping....

The one with Tanesha and Lyric? Hell yeah

Just googled it. Ah I think the one I saw was the third. True story. My older brother smashed the blasian chick on that show when he was in college.

Did y'all catch Soul-Food last night? That was a great episode I tell ya.
I was hoping that Lim would kill that teacher. Man had it coming. How dare he try to rape Byrd. Oh, and Lamont walking in on his parents in the kitchen was hilarious.

I don't tip well at all cause I'm a cheap bastard and I'll continue to do it until they outlaw it. Shit they're already charging me this delivery charge.

i just tip because i understand how the service industry works. my uncle worked as a pizza delivery guy when he was in medical school and i remember his stories from when i was young. i also have several cousins that worked in restaurants during college. the real issue is employers are too cheap.

i just tip because i understand how the service industry works. my uncle worked as a pizza delivery guy when he was in medical school and i remember his stories from when i was young. i also have several cousins that worked in restaurants during college. the real issue is employers are too cheap.

I delivered pizza's for most of last year and I think it's fucked up how employers have managed to shift the fiscal responsibility of paying drivers towards the consumer. I managed to work under a guy who was kind enough to at least give me the delivery charge ( $2.50) from each delivery, but I was appalled to find out that most pizza places don't even do that, it's like whats the point of it then? If each employer gave the delivery charge to the driver and paid minimum wage on top of that, it would make up for what they wouldn't get in tips and be more consistent too. Whenever I didn't get tipped I just couldn't bring myself to even be upset honestly, can't blame them when they already pay a delivery fee.

Why is it when the female stuff starts floating back off the first couple pages then the black issue threads come back? We should start mapping out a cycle of racism/sexism thread trends.

I always do 20% for Good, I'll go higher for great.

Alright service I'll do 10% - 15%, anything less I don't tip.

Tipping is weird for me because my ideal waiter or waitress is simply fast, polite and nothing else. I don't give a shit if you're in college or what college you're in, I don't really want to have a fake conversation with someone who is fishing for tips.

I've had a pretty good job since I was 18 so I would go out to eat pretty frequently and I look a few years younger than I actually am. So there were plenty of times when I was out with my girlfriend when waiters would obviously be ignoring the 16 year old looking hispanic kid and kiss the asses of the old white people. Fuck 'em. I'll tip cents motherfucker. $50.97 bill? Here's your .03 tip asshole. On the flipside, if I got the same great service of those around me, I was probably out-tipping them.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I know this chick, she is the hoodiest of the hood, she is naming her baby girl, Khar'men. So i asked her why not just name her Carmen and she replied "Boy stop, thats a white folks name". I was flabbergasted, then I remebered her oldest kid is named Shayleriegh and laughed to myself
...Sha La Rey?
...Shea Lee Ray?

How are you supposed to pronounce that?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Wow. Just...wow. Who comes up with this tone-deaf shit? What a horrible idea.

aBxEe.jpg

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Wow. Just...wow. Who comes up with this tone-deaf shit? What a horrible idea.

aBxEe.jpg

Whatever man black people are just so sensitive. Why would you even think it's about black people; Americans aren't the only slavery history. Don't you know that even the Babylonians had slaves so there's no reason for people to get offended. If you think that's about black people there's something wrong with you, really.

All sentiments actually expressed in the shoe thread here

RedSwirl

Man, how did you guys hold the N64 controller? Left hand on the middle prong? I'm taking a survey

Left hand on the left side. Stretched my thumb and middle finger to the stick and Z button respectively. Can't hold it any other way. Just feels wrong and asymmetrical.

I said this in the other thread, and this may come off in bad taste, but after watching that CNN documentary in full, I think Idris could definitely play him. I couldn't stop thinking about that through the whole documentary.

Slayven

Whatever man black people are just so sensitive. Why would you even think it's about black people; Americans aren't the only slavery history. Don't you know that even the Babylonians had slaves so there's no reason for people to get offended. If you think that's about black people there's something wrong with you, really.

All sentiments actually expressed in the shoe thread here

That is when I knew it was time to shuffle off. Call me an N-word, but discounting something is a thousand times worse.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
That's why trying to create edgy shit to be edgy, is a dumbass practice. Them shits is fucking fugly b. lulz.

The sad thing is, I could / can see a metaphor in the design about the state of our mentalities when it comes to the shoe game and or material possessions. Probably the furthest thing from the designers thoughts tho, when he created The Adidas: Slavery / Holocaust editions.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I said this in the other thread, and this may come off in bad taste, but after watching that CNN documentary in full, I think Idris could definitely play him. I couldn't stop thinking about that through the whole documentary.

. . .

So I pulled up to my hotel to check in and some hood figgas were outside drinking some Steel Reserve. Ok.

In the lobby I hopped on the computer and clicked on the button on the main screen that said 'Microsoft Word' and 'LibreOffice' opened up.

This is what happens when you try to save a few bucks. Gonna be an interesting few days.

...Sha La Rey?
...Shea Lee Ray?

How are you supposed to pronounce that?

Shay le Ray

Slayven

So I pulled up to my hotel to check in and some hood figgas were outside drinking some Steel Reserve. Ok.

In the lobby I hopped on the computer and clicked on the button on the main screen that said 'Microsoft Word' and 'LibreOffice' opened up.

This is what happens when you try to save a few bucks. Gonna be an interesting few days.

Shay le Ray

Did you nod?

Top Bottom