• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

DominoKid

is it weird that i wish i couldve seen Django w/ a more split audience.

the audience i saw it w/ pretty much laughed at everything regardless of race. i guess 3 weeks into it you know what you're getting into. the blind factor is gone.

don johnson and sam jack had me dying laughing.

Fantomex

the audience i saw it w/ pretty much laughed at everything regardless of race. i guess 3 weeks into it you know what you're getting into. the blind factor is gone.

What about the mask scene? I almost died.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Silence is all you would hear except for the mask, goodbye miss sally, and dynamite QT scene.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
lol.

Got Dustforce, Bastion, and Sine Mora during the Steam sales. These ninjas in Dustforce could clean the fuck out of a house.

ReiGun

Death Note's second half feels like a blur to me. I completely lost interest in that shit till the last couple episodes. Near and Mello were so lame.

DominoKid

I forgot how purely entertaining Code Geass is

Geass is probably my favorite anime watching experience ever. I probably wouldn't watch it again cause it's stupid as fuck. But it was absolutely amazing to watch on a week to week basis when it was airing.

Death Note was weird to me. I actually rooted for Light to win just because it would've been so fucked up.

Smh

You probably rooted for Light Yagami to win in Death Note too, didn't you?

image.php

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That shit looked pretentious as fuck. Can't stand that shit mixed with giant robots. That is why G Gundam and Gundam Wing(Duo saves it) are the only ones worth watching. Eva is a goddamn crime.

I would never compare it to Eva.

And its not even about the giant robots and shit really.

I stopped rooting for Light the minute he offed that one guy back in episode 4 or whatever, just because he could. Fuck him and his power trip after that moment.

DominoKid

Black America is Not Shawty Lo

All My Babies Mamas got folks MAAAAAAAAD.

SN: I love the outrage over media that paints black folks in a light anything less than stellar. There's a few exceptions but for the most part it seems to be the rule.

I stopped rooting for Light the minute he offed that one guy back in episode 4 or whatever, just because he could. Fuck him and his power trip after that moment.

See I'm sick. That's what I was hoping the show would turn into.

SN: I love the outrage over media that paints black folks in a light anything less than stellar. There's a few exceptions but for the most part it seems to be the rule.

Same shit with Django. Not every thing has to advance black progress. If it makes you laugh, you should laugh at it. Especially if it hurts on some level.

We ain’t come any type of way racially if we can’t laugh at it.

ReiGun

I feel like even some of the shit that portrays us in a positive light gets some of it. There appears to be a group of folk who won't accept any portrayals of black people in the media, and will go over every case with a fine tooth comb to point out how it's actually doing us no good. Sometimes it's warranted, but others, it just feels nitpicky cynical.

That said, I do think we can do with less trashy reality shows.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
That shit looked pretentious as fuck. Can't stand that shit mixed with giant robots. That is why G Gundam and Gundam Wing(Duo saves it) are the only ones worth watching. Eva is a goddamn crime.

Eva was bad, and its fan base made it fucking worse. geass had potential, but just went batshit. Evas homages and parodies do a better job than the series itself.

DY_nasty

Eva was bad, and its fan base made it fucking worse. geass had potential, but just went batshit. Evas homages and parodies do a better job than the series itself.

Eva and CG have almost nothing in common though. I wouldn't even recommend a fan of one to the other.

Slayven

Doesn't mean I have to embrace it or watch.
Then don't let the streets claim your son.

Eva fans are close to fake Batman stans in annoyance. Eva was way too heavy handed and someone said it best "TTGL was an apology for Eva.

you ain't lyin

also Deathscythe is the best suit on the show

come at me
FUCK YEAH. Death Scythe Hell custom blew my mind.

DY_nasty

Its pretentiousness are the only similarities. That and shit mech designs.

Mechs weren't the center of Code Geass at all though.

I'm not even sure how you can say it's more pretentious than Death Note. Its pretty straightforward from start to finish (with bit of a BSG Season 3 hickup in season 2) whereas Eva was all about some bullshit. Hell, Eva didn't even do anything in its last two episodes because literally words.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
It's probably because I have 2-3 beers in my blood now, but I feel like cursing that whole Carrie Underwood thread out

Top Bottom