• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

FreeMufasa

ain't that some shit.

I don't know dem hoes. They were just at the studio and wanted to take a pic with me :(

edit: and I do not wear struggle gear. plain black T with jean shorts? I FEEL DISRESPECTED! I mean, I know my avatar APPEARS to be a plain black t but I'm sayin. Ya'll gotta trust me here.

edit: shit, okay. I throw myself upon the mercy of the court.

Don't be ashamed son. The one on the left look like she got a lil sum sum.

Gotta love pre Comics Code Authority covers. I stumbled across this while looking for an older typeset font.

GPSMa.jpg

Imm0rt4l

I was on my fitocracy profile when I suddenly remembered blackplanet. I logged on just a moment ago for the first time in a decade. I'm surprised to see that people still actually use this thing.

If Myspace is the hood of social networks, what does that make BP?

I was on my fitocracy profile when I suddenly remembered blackplanet. I logged on just a moment ago for the first time in a decade. I'm surprised to see that people still actually use this thing.

Myspace is Oakland. All the press of being shady while BP is Richmond CA. The real hood that's so incredibly shitty no one talks about it or knows it outside of people who grew up with it and know it's one of the worst.

FreeMufasa

Ahh I remembered this site last week. I was a 11 year old lil shit pulling 20+ year olds with a fake profile.

Devo, SoundScream, onemic, Moris, DY & Imm0rt4l

Sunday @ 8pm eastern.

So Well Spoken #2: Django Unchained

119810_o.gif

I'll edit and throw it up on the site Monday or Tuesday night, my work/school schedule gets intense starting next monday.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So let's take care of the next show's roster for "Minorities In Games"

Next up on the google doc are Topher & DrFunk, we'll probably record that one on the 18th, 19th or 20th. Let me know if you're still up for it.

And for those who want to get in line for future casts send me a PM, all are welcome.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yal are killing me with that time... :|

But I'll be there. Should see Django tomorrow though.

Haven't seen the movie yet but I can ask questions like you mentioned. Plus I doubt the subject will remain solely on the movie.

That "It Only Does" banner is great, and I'll definitely include it in the OT when the time comes, but the podomatic background is black so all that shows up is "Struggle Food" "Whooties" "Rap Cars" "Chicken Fueds" or "Real Talk".

If you could whip up some sort of banner that uses the podcast name, that'd be awesome. No pressure, don't think it'll be needed for a little over a week.

Yal are killing me with that time... :|

But I'll be there. Should see Django tomorrow though.

We can move it to a later time, but that's as early as we can go according to everyone's availability.

That "It Only Does" banner is great, and I'll definitely include it in the OT when the time comes, but the podomatic background is black so all that shows up is "Struggle Food" "Whooties" "Rap Cars" "Chicken Fueds" or "Real Talk".

If you could whip up some sort of banner that uses the podcast name, that'd be awesome. No pressure, don't think it'll be needed for a little over a week.

We can move it to a later time, but that's as early as we can go according to everyone's availability.

I could put another color on the black lettering, I was worried about that given the dark themed gaf, glad someone alerted me to it. And yeah I can make something for So Well Spoken for sure.

Imm0rt4l

Well it is Sunday, I think I said I was available till 9pm pst, but I can be on later I suppose.

Slayven

Devo, SoundScream, onemic, Moris, DY & Imm0rt4l

Sunday @ 8pm eastern.

So Well Spoken #2: Django Unchained

119810_o.gif

I'll edit and throw it up on the site Monday or Tuesday night, my work/school schedule gets intense starting next monday.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So let's take care of the next show's roster for "Minorities In Games"

Next up on the google doc are Topher & DrFunk, we'll probably record that one on the 18th, 19th or 20th. Let me know if you're still up for it.

And for those who want to get in line for future casts send me a PM, all are welcome.
The thought of you posting the OT after the next EP is making my nipples hard.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Am I the only one that has to work on Monday? lol

I can do it. But if there's a way to do it earlier by all means lets do that shit.

Well, the GQ cover is just one example of many involving her in particular, but yes it was in that thread I made the comment. I think the connotations are different to when it involves black women than, say, when a caucasian woman uses tan.

A friend of mine posted it on his Facebook, the first thing I thought was "..that's...kinda ..wrong. Kinda real wrong."

Her last album cover is another instance of what you're describing:

220px-4_album_-_Beyonce.jpg

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
She's been doing it for years now. I remember seeing the video with Gaga and having the wtf face, because it was so blatant.

I can't stand the practice -adding excessive tan in PS either-. I'm glad I haven't had the need to in my work -yet-.

DominoKid

She's been doing it for years now. I remember seeing the video with Gaga and having the wtf face, because it was so blatant.

I can't stand the practice -adding excessive tan in PS either-. I'm glad I haven't had the need to in my work -yet-.

i always thought i was crazy for thinking about it.
but i have the Writing DC album and she's a good bit darker on it than she is these days so i've always been a bit curious.

idk how whole body lightening would work though. but its not something i've ever been interested in finding out.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
She's been wanting to be Shakira for the past 8 years

Didn't they do a video together where they looked alike.

Also BP (and migente) were always ratchet. The only different is those ratchet teenagers who used them back in the day are now ratchet 30 something's.

Top Bottom