• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
what happened Dy

Ex gf actually called me back. i sent her a text "let me get my superman jacket back" - she actually called me back. hadn't spoken to her since february. and you know how it is, you want to sound all business and straight to the point but 2 minutes later you're all "wowwwwww i missed you too :DD" and shit

she was great, but she ain't worth that long headache... it would've been real easy to keep things open, keep dating like I am now/but call her every other night but my mind wouldn't be able to handle it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
parallax, plz direct me on comixology.com

i'm new to this. it doesn't have to be the best recommendation ever, but i gotta know where to start

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

i'm new to this. it doesn't have to be the best recommendation ever, but i gotta know where to start

i dont have a tablet, so i dont know how to help you on that comixology, but if its recommendations, i can help you with that

the original young justice series is up, which is a much lighter take than the comic variant. theres a lot of it too, so theres plenty to read.

i would also recommend y, the last man, 100 bullets and planetary. they are great stories with conclusions if youre looking for something of that variety. if you have questions about a series, hit me up. and also. stay away from the black panther series they have up. its all through the hudlin run, and is personally one of the worst runs to read.

you should hit up comicgaf as well. they know their stuff about series that i havent had a chance to read yet, as well as more indie titles if thats what youre into.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Fuck comixology, go to marvel digital and read the original Black Panther run by Christopher Priest (1998 series).

ReiGun

I'm reading Jack Kirby's run on Panther on MDCU. It's...fun. Cool adventure stories, and I never get tired of the old school, overly expository dialogue. Pupil Panther is creepy as fuck.

51JKlG70IzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Still avoiding Hudlin's run like the plague. lol

I "get" what Hudlin was trying to do, make BP more mainstream, but also appeal to the black comic readers but he went about it the wrong way. He put in too much black power, made BP have more plot armor then Batman and Wolverine combine and retcon his and Storm history so they can be married. Then on top of all that Hudlin is a shit writer, made BP feel like an online fanfic then an actual comic.

I'm reading Jack Kirby's run on Panther on MDCU. It's...fun. Cool adventure stories, and I never get tired of the old school, overly expository dialogue. Pupil Panther is creepy as fuck.

51JKlG70IzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Still avoiding Hudlin's run like the plague. lol

What in the fuck kind of design is that?

Parallax

I "get" what Hudlin was trying to do, make BP more mainstream, but also appeal to the black comic readers but he went about it the wrong way. He put in too much black power, made BP have more plot armor then Batman and Wolverine combine and retcon his and Storm history so they can be married. Then on top of all that Hudlin is a shit writer, made BP feel like an online fanfic then an actual comic.

i can find the comic, but i think it was teh fantastic four run that he was on, where panther storm, ben and johnny were staring down pistols aimed at them by cops i think. and he said something along the lines of wakanda defeated guns years ago, and they just dismantled in their hands in front of them. i didnt even finish that comic, and it was the last one panther related until secret invasion. such shit shouldnt fucking happen.

What in the fuck kind of design is that?

dont recognize kirbys fingers?

oh wait, i kinda forgot this wasnt comic gaf for a minute. my bad.

Parallax

Just Jack Kirby doing his thang. The book looks good most of the time, but every now and then he decides he wants to draw Panther with the weirdest pupils known to man doing some odd action pose.

id like to see that claw toe used in a design again. non gold though.

Jason Aaron only did that one Black Panther story for Secret Invasion with Wakanda fighting back against alien invasions, and it's still the best BP story since Priest left

tumblr_lyfuxpIvq91qixjd6o1_500.jpg

Parallax

Jason Aaron only did that one Black Panther story for Secret Invasion with Wakanda fighting back against alien invasions, and it's still the best BP story since Priest left

tumblr_lyfuxpIvq91qixjd6o1_500.jpg

man without fear is a pretty good run. short, but very nice.

God dammit, every single time I think Black Panther might not be that big of a boss, someone goes and shows/mentions some badass moment and I look dumb.

Stop it, Black Panther. :(

Slayven

God dammit, every single time I think Black Panther might not be that big of a boss, someone goes and shows/mentions some badass moment and I look dumb.

Stop it, Black Panther. :(

The dude's first appearence was him beating the Fantastic Four's ass.

In other news, Charlie Murphy and JaRule in the Cookout 2? And that shit didn't get an Oscar, fuck Hollywood.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's a scene in 'Three's The Hard Way' where Jim Kelly kicks the shit out of some guy. Like, it's so fast and hard that there's no way it was a stunt.

Top Bottom