• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Welcome sistas.
3AQmK.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
True, but your administration has yet to take action against the struggle movement in our community(sugar grits, struggle pizza, etc) your polling very low with college educated blacks.

Struggle food is a part of our constitution and as a black man I must always honor that fact.

However, I can do everything in my power to shame those who twist the meaning of "struggle" simply to meat their own ratchet needs.

Slayven

Welcome all the new folks, feel free to cast shade at me for doing what Dy, onemic and others are afraid to do. Turning on the light of truth to scare the cockroaches of lies. *wipes sweat from brow.*

I was just speaking to Sister Devolution other day. And I says "Sister Devolution, Dy claims to a be a leader. But under his watch grits are being sugared, KFC is being consumed, 456 new churches chicken fronts have been erected in Detroit alone, Trinidad James was brought into the world, and Lisa Turtle lose her mind. And..... and..and lets not speak on the dirty work of the light skin illumanti."

The man can't even raise his 5 known fetuses, how can he take Blackgaf into the future?

But I am the bad guy.

Welcome all the new folks, feel free to cast shade at me for doing what Dy, onemic and others are afraid to do. Turning on the light of truth to scare the cockroaches of lies. *wipes sweat from brow.*

I was just speaking to Sister Devolution other day. And I says "Sister Devolution, Dy claims to a be a leader. But under his watch grits are being sugared, KFC is being consumed, 456 new churches chicken fronts have been erected in Detroit alone, Trinidad James was brought into the world, and Lisa Turtle lose her mind. And..... and..and lets not speak on the dirty work of the light skin illumanti."

The man can't even raise his 5 known fetuses, how can he take Blackgaf into the future?

But I am the bad guy.

I have also heard reports that he had an inappropriate relationship with one of his female staffers, who has been described as "thick".

BRAKING NEWS:

The recent announcement. DY's choice for minister of science has caused rumblings of displeasure in the black community.
django-unchained-leonardo-dicaprio.jpg

When pressed for a response he was quoted to have said "Fuck the Knicks".

Kimaka

Hey guys. I lurk around here enough so I ought to introduce myself.
Where you're from- USA
Where you live- Houston, Texas
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Black, distantly White and Native American (family does not remember which tribe)
Do you know your roots- Not really anything past where my grandparents are from.
Your Age- 22
Favorite musical genre- I'm okay with anything except for country. Can't stand it. I've been listening to a lot of EDM lately.
Your profession/major/career interest- I wanted to go into game programming but I don't even know anymore.
Your religious affiliation- Raised Christian but I'm pretty indifferent about it.
Hobbies- Writing, reading, television, video games, playing piano/violin, spending too much time on the internet

Also, KFC > Popeyes
HhuA3.jpg

Onemic

Ive always wanted to learn a martial art. One thing that I always wondered about MMA is why all the kick ass martial arts never get used. I want to see some dudes use Kung Fu or Tae Kwon Do on peoples asses. Karate is already pretty rare to see.

Where you're from- Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley), Cali
Where you live- Key West, Fl
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Black, White, Mexican
Do you know your roots- As shown by my none specifics in the previous question.. nope.
Your Age- 28
Favorite musical genre- None that's a favorite. Listen to bit of everything but Country though
Your profession/major/career interest- Stay at home Dad atm.
Your religious affiliation- None
Hobbies- Big into Movies and TV shows, Skateboarding, and Gaming.

New and noticed some interesting topics pop up here. Don't know how much I'll weigh in but I've enjoyed the conversation thus far. Haven't checked that podcast yet though. I'll get on that eventually though.

Onemic

BJJ is definitely the worst and best part of mma because a lot fighters will just lay there for minutes at a time and it looks really boring. But other fighters use bjj well and don't rely on it. It depends on the fighter.

That's why I love Silva. You can't do that bs unless you want a swift knee to the face.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Ive always wanted to learn a martial art. One thing that I always wondered about MMA is why all the kick ass martial arts never get used. I want to see some dudes use Kung Fu or Tae Kwon Do on peoples asses. Karate is already pretty rare to see.

They tried that in the early days and people were all beaten to shit by the MT and BJJ guys, and that was that. Now everyone wants to do boxing, wrestling, or BJJ, with just a few outliers. You can still see some TKD with folks like Stephan Bonnar (well, I guess you won't see him again) and some Sanshou with Cung Le, but no one is really wanting to mess with the formula too much right now.

people are trying to win fights based on the rules that are allowed, so anything that isn't efficient for that gets tossed.

It really comes down to most unique and flashy techniques just being too risky. They leave you exposed or risk your own body. Like the front snap kick to the face that's becoming more popular now. Everyone's always known it's fast and powerful but you've got a high risk of breaking your own foot if it lands wrong.

Like every sport it boils down to the highest percentage techniques for most people and only the most crazy and/or athletic people experiment outside of that. You won't see most QB's lower their shoulders on a run to get that extra yard. You won't see most NBA players going for a 360 dunk from the free throw line in a game. That stuff is exciting just not practical.

Edit: Beat

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So Well Spoken seems like a roaring success. Really enjoying all the new members popping up. Dy just the most recent dozens target. Slay always strikes first and then send the wolves in. Don't get on his bad side, he is a puppet master.
Satch comes and goes. She's as rare as spin is now
Wish they would post more.
Got it right before I got banned.
Is that game in your tag real? Video makes it look cool.

Kung Fu is not functional against the harder disciplines. The current 155 pound champ has a TKD base and incorporates his kicks in his stand-up fighting. A lot of guys have a Karate base. GSP is known for his grappling but he started in Karate. His stand-up game uses a lot of in and out hitting which is very Karate influenced.

Satch comes and goes. She's as rare as spin is now

Ahh. I only see her in the comic thread now.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Grits are disgusting and only taste decent with an unhealthy assortment of sugar and butter.
Part-time warrior about to propose.

Tried to stay politically neutral on this one but honestly I don't like grits either. I've probably just never had good ones.

Mononofu

Grits are disgusting and only taste decent with an unhealthy assortment of sugar and butter.

The Ten Commandments of Grits written not by me lol.

mafree said:
1. Thou shalt not put syrup on thy Grits.

2. Thou shalt not eat Cream of Wheat and call it Grits; for this is blasphemy.

3. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's Grits.

4. Thou shalt only use Salt, Butter and Cheese as toppings for thy Grits.

5. Thou shalt not eat Instant Grits.

6. Thou shalt not put syrup on thy Grits.

7. Thou shalt not put syrup on thy Grits.

8. Thou shalt not put syrup on thy Grits.

9. Thou shalt not put sugar on thy Grits either.

10. Thou shalt not put sugar or syrup on thy Grits

Kimaka

Don't like grits but I haven't had it a lot since it wasn't something my parents ever made for breakfast. It was mainly eggs, bacon, and sausage.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Me eating grits? Yeah right.

xADAB.jpg

Picture that with a Kodak. Or better yet, give me a trash bag so I can regurgitate those grits up and make a better looking meal and take a picture of that with a Kodak.

those look fucking terrible

When you see good grits, you see good grits

That looks like something in someone's science class

edit: dammit, now I'm part of this grits tomfoolery

Top Bottom