• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Kreed

I'm still laughing at the black GAF name drop in the Urbance thread.

Yes really.

The "Final Five" storyline turning out to be a dud.

Lee Adama was never really that great, but he becomes completely useless by the series end. They clearly didn't have any vision for that character.

Starbuck is ruined by all the mysticism and "angel of death" crap.

Saul Tigh, who was actually pretty awesome throughout the series, has his characterization completely destroyed with that god awful Carpica 6 pregnancy storyline.

Laura Rosling, who I actually liked for the first couple of seasons, has to resort to a second cancer storyline (For no reason), and her stupid "vision" ends up being Gaius and Caprica hiding behind a fucking crate to protect the child.

GAIUS BALTER BECAUSE A JESUS LIKE FIGURE (Worst drop off in a character by far)

I thought that Bill Adama remained a beacon of integrity throughout, and I also liked how the Sharon's storylines played out...aside from that though, ugh.

I watched this series on Netflix after DY name dropped it during my "Lost" discussion a while back as the best show ever. I enjoyed the series but anyone criticizing Lost for becoming ridiculous in later seasons and NOT this show can't be taken serious. And both shows lose points for
killing off/getting rid of all the black characters
by the end of both series.

FreeMufasa

My lil bro is gonna have his first day of training at Chelsea F.C, he got in a while ago. For those that don't know, they're like the equivalent of NE Patriots for soccer. He's in the youth academy (under 15s).

So proud of him. I tried but I wasn't good enough (and lazy haha), my big bro too. One of the main reasons for me staying in london and living at home was so that i can keep an eye on him and push him. he promised me and looks like he came through with it.I'm hoping he goes all the way, n makes us millionaires.....shiiiiiiiiet.

DominoKid

Chelsea... from what i've seen they don't seem to promote youth as much as some of the other clubs in England. iirc they don't have any first team players from within the club. maybe 1.

but if he's really good, even if he doesn't make it at Chelsea he'll land somewhere else.

hope it works out though, as long as he doesn't dagger United in the future.

BHZ Mayor

Hi im new to the forums
I'm from Accra, Ghana but i've been in Canada since i was 2 years old, Im 18 now. Currently living in Toronto. Pretty sure my family is 100% Ghanaian.

I'm currently attending University right now studying psychology, had a job at Shoppers Drug Mart. Favourite musical genre i would say is rap but recently i've been trying to explore other genres. West African music gets a lot of plays in my house as well.

I am a christian (i know there aren't too many on here), i do track and field, play video games (super mario 64 being my favourite of all time). I am also a pretty quiet person and lazy.

In terms of future careers/goals, i'm really just going with the flow right now there are some things that i do have in mind. One thing I would like to do though is visit Ghana, to see how it is down there.

Welcome!
Banjo-Kazooie > Mario 64 (just saying that because BK is my all time favorite)

Nakazato

My lil bro is gonna have his first day of training at Chelsea F.C, he got in a while ago. For those that don't know, they're like the equivalent of NE Patriots for soccer. He's in the youth academy (under 15s).

So proud of him. I tried but I wasn't good enough (and lazy haha), my big bro too. One of the main reasons for me staying in london and living at home was so that i can keep an eye on him and push him. he promised me and looks like he came through with it.I'm hoping he goes all the way, n makes us millionaires.....shiiiiiiiiet.
Holy shit FM thats amazing. Good luck to him

First time I heard Trinidad James all gold everything I just shook my head in shame, but now I have to admit I've been bumping it. Am I a horrible person?
Edit: I take it back no shame!

do all of your services come free

bhuHH.gif
I hope, my Paypal account is low at the moment

Gattsu25

Banned
First time I heard Trinidad James all gold everything I just shook my head in shame, but now I have to admit I've been bumping it. Am I a horrible person?
Edit: I take it back no shame!
I'm visiting my family in FL and I heard my fucking mom singing "NiggaNiggaNigga" and asked what it was all about.

I watched the video and I've been hanging my head in shame since.

What a disgrace to Trinidad, too

and...yeah, the song is on my phone now

I'm visiting my family in FL and I heard my fucking mom singing "NiggaNiggaNigga" and asked what it was all about.

:lmao

bahahaha!!!

well, that can't be any worse than my mom jamming to One Man in the mall parking lot. and she knows all the words!

GAF has so many beta males its not even funny. A guy tries to shoot someone in the head at point blank range, but ends up screwing it up. And motherfuckers are complaining that the would be assassin is getting stomped on.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509039

bahahaha!!!

well, that can't be any worse than my mom jamming to One Man in the mall parking lot. and she knows all the words!

I don't know how I would deal if I walked up to my mother and she was singing about her vagina :/

Slayven

GAF has so many beta males its not even funny. A guy tries to shoot someone in the head at point blank range, but ends up screwing it up. And motherfuckers are complaining that the would be assassin is getting stomped on.

I don't know how I would deal if I walked up to my mother and she was singing about her vagina :/
Old fat man stomps? Hahaha, if it was a nypd train maybe they would have a point.

Smh @ Gaf moistness, I've been involved in a few justified public stompings from tripping a purse snatcher and joining in his ass whuping, to a housebreaker who me and my neighbor caught we called the whole street to come kick his ass while the cops came to get him :D

Clamster

Neo Member
Lets do this

Where you're from- United Kingdom
Where you live- Dudley, West Midlands
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Jamaica mainly
Do you know your roots- To a point yes
Your Age- 20
Favourite musical genre- Don't really have a favourite
Your profession/major/career interest- Student at university (BA Communication and Mass media). Hope to be a journalist.
Your religious affiliation- None
Hobbies- Story writing, video games, clubbing, had an interest in drawing at one point trying to get back into that.

^Me and my cousin memorized that entire Kid'n'Play dance waaay back in the day. We still greet each other with that shit sometimes whenever I see him around the holidays.

i can understand why they did it, i just think it's not the best move. they didn't even pat him down!

what i did was give her the death stare, roll my eyes and walk away shaking my head.

So, GQ named Beyonce the hottest women of the 21st century. C'mon, man!
she's not even the hottest member of Destiny's Child!

yal need to stop posting

i don't feel like making OT3 today

get fucking jobs
it's Saturday!

Gonna spend the weekend with them, that's why he got no time for OT3.
well, he gotta pick them all up from all the baby mamas houses (<3 Google Maps!), take 'em to get lined up, gotta look FRESH when you rollin' with pops. then take 'em to the mall, then get some KFC before hitting up Redbox to get that new Dreamworks flick to watch at home. shit ain't easy!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Beyonce isn't ugly but if we're rating based on Destiny's Child, Rowland > Beyonce every time.
^^ultimate blackgaf

-Slay loves kfc
-rayven_king is a simp
-freemufasa has never seen poom-poom
Alternate Hollywood universe: Black Panther gets his own film
:(
It's the weekend.
it's Saturday!
And I'm actually in the office doing overtime right now. It ain't all bad though, someone gotta put those tax dollars down to keep the lights on for DY's baby mamas.

Top Bottom