• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

FreeMufasa

He's always so close he can feel it and then something takes it away. :(

Look at that face.

F8XVyd8.jpg

Look at him.

As for my team, since I'm in the USA, I don't really root for any European teams because I'm so far away, but I am a fan of Bayern Munchen and Man City. My team is the Houston Dynamo in the MLS. Blech. Still antsy from us losing the MLS Cup.

I watched The Hughleys and In The House. I also remember some show called Parenthood.

Hahahaha, depression.

So you were excited last season right? Winning the league. I was at the Man U game lol.

You on Fifa 13?

Where you're from- United States
Where you live- Inglewood, CA
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Black as far as I know
Do you know your roots- No unfortunately
Your Age- 29
Favorite musical genre- Mainly Hip Hop and R&B but some classic rock and specific newer bands
Your profession/major/career interest- Electrical Engineering major
Your religious affiliation- none
Hobbies- Gaming, Basketball, Boxing, Science Fiction movies, novels etc..

Now back to my lurking...

Welcome!

Shiiiiii, that's what? 5 new members this week?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The thing that's good about P4A is that you dont have to train that much once you 'get' your character. Havent played the game in 2 months but im pretty sure I can jump right back in like it was nothing.
Same. I might hop back in one day.

RedSwirl

Actually, I don't think I've NOT had a beard of some kind since I was 18. Back then I looked like I was 12 years old without it (to this day people look at me and think I'm 10 years younger than I actually am). I clean up my face three times a week because it itches bad otherwise. Never tried to go full beard but from the shadow line I've seen it'd probably look like this without the grey.

Fantomex

Anyone ever buy knockoff stuff? I just bought a c shock watch and love the way it looks. I could care less that it's a ripoff. Am I too ghetto

harSon

Banned
Anyone ever buy knockoff stuff? I just bought a c shock watch and love the way it looks. I could care less that it's a ripoff. Am I too ghetto

Of course.

Used to hit up the Berryessa Flea Market. Rocked the Adiaas, Pubu, Backwards Nike, etc. name brands when growing up.

DominoKid

all my soccer jerseys that i actually play in are knockoffs. fuck i look like running around, sweating and falling down in a $100 shirt when i can get bout 10 that look damn near legit for $100.

Fantomex

I'm thinking of buying a G-shock. A real one for over $100, and since I haven't been wearing watches since we became the smartphone generation, I figure I'd try this cheap one first. Thanks for the feedback peeps. "Sometimes I take the bus home, just to touch home". It felt good to be at the swap meet again, lately I'm all OC malls and such which is fine but you know.

Also I totally forgot Timedog had a professno mic. So next So Well Spoken I'm on, I'll show y'all. Even has one of these

NNUplIS.jpg

Gonna have to try to refrain from saying "TURN MY HEADPHONES UP, YO TURN 'EM UP."

I hear he owns a Vita

in fact, don't know if anybody told you this, but several of BlackCultureGAF on that Vita-struggle

must've been a gas leak or something

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I hear he owns a Vita

in fact, don't know if anybody told you this, but several of BlackCultureGAF on that Vita-struggle

must've been a gas leak or something

If a certain game drops for it, I'm picking one up myself. The struggle is real

This is the only struggle console

Tiger_Sonic_LCD.jpg

I HAD THIS THING

I got scared of something that popped up on the screen, my dad came in with a bat and smashed the fuck out of it. I've had an irrational fear of silly japanese game monster design ever since.

I also had that Tiger Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Tiger-StreetFighter2Super.jpg

I couldn't find a Tamagotchi when they were the hotness back in the day, so I got a Digimon. A friend of mine made fun of me and she called it a "Tamagatcho."

I didn't bring it to school very often after that. >__>

And LOL @ those old Tiger games. I had one of those too. Might've been Street Fighter, can't remember.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I couldn't find a Tamagotchi when they were the hotness back in the day, so I got a Digimon. A friend of mine made fun of me and she called it a "Tamagatcho."

I didn't bring it to school very often after that. >__>

And LOL @ those old Tiger games. I had one of those too. Might've been Street Fighter, can't remember.

Digimon was the shit. I used to roll dudes in middle school with my dragon. Then pokemon came out and that was that.

Fantomex

all my soccer jerseys that i actually play in are knockoffs. fuck i look like running around, sweating and falling down in a $100 shirt when i can get bout 10 that look damn near legit for $100.

Damn domino you play Soccer (futbol)? It's like we're brothers mayne.

Prime example of the struggle right here.

Notice how he would rather eat cheap crap to buy games rather then working hard and getting a better paying job.

#fulltimestruggle

Fuck you I haven't touched grits in a few weeks haha

I do have a corned beef fresh from the slowcooker begging to be made into sandwiches though

Should've done this when I first popped up in here:

Where you're from - USA
Where you live - St. Louis, MO
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Black
Do you know your roots - Nah... I think my people's slavemaster was Dutch or something though
Your Age - 25
Favorite musical genre - Rap/Hip-Hop
Your profession/major/career interest - Graphic Design
Your religious affiliation - None
Hobbies - Just gaming for real...

Top Bottom