• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Esco, is Freedom Cry independent from AC4 besides having to own AC4? Meaning, do items or anything transfer from the main story to the DLC?

I was planning to get AC4 when FC came out and go through FC first and then the main story.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Esco, is Freedom Cry independent from AC4 besides having to own AC4? Meaning, do items or anything transfer from the main story to the DLC?

I was planning to get AC4 when FC came out and go through FC first and then the main story.

Independent. It is a self contained story.

ReiGun

This is the worst.

Go buys it or sees it anyway.

Record numbers happen.

Why do they keep making this shit?
What kills me is paying for something with the intention of hating it. Even if I don't have high hopes for something, I at least try to approach it saying "Well, maybe it will surprise me." Some of these people will put down money just to be angry.

I just can't understand. It's too much dope shit in the world to spend money on something you intend to hate.

It's not so much that fans feel "entitled". It's more like they've been hoping and praying for a project, a serious, non-hokey, Hollywood blockbuster project for a long time. And we've seen enough bombs to know the sign of bad moviemaking. So when they see something actually happening, and then see such bad casting like Ryan Reynolds as Dick of the Year in Space..it's like hope and then devastation. So what you see isn't entitlement, it's hope dying. They'll get over it.
People didn't dislike Ryan Reynolds as Hal until after the fact. I remember people being on board with the guy at Comic Con the year before the film launched. Blake Lively was the only GL casting that caught shit.

To use another example. The Avengers might everyone's precious little darling now, but that movie had a lot of heat aimed at it leading up to release. It wasn't until the second or third trailer that people beyond Whedonites and Marvel Zombies really started to rally behind it. Same thing happened with First Class: people were convinced it was going to suck based on casting and promo materials, then the movie came out and got a mostly positive reaction.

In short, fans don't know shit. Or rather, they know exactly what they want, and if you don't give them exactly that, they bitch and bitch until a trailer or something comes out to shut them up.

Though I understand what you guys are saying, it never fails to amuse me when people on message boards complain about nerds.
Us nerds aren't like those nerds. It's levels to this shit, as they say on the Instagrams. :p

I don't see WW being about over sensitive comic book fans. Seems like it's more a reaction towards the opportunity to show another healthy body type beyond emaciated model. Supes and batman need to be buff but wonder women should be pretty above all else? Says a lot.

Slayven

I don't see WW being about over sensitive comic book fans. Seems like it's more a reaction towards the opportunity to show another healthy body type beyond emaciated model. Supes and batman need to be buff but wonder women should be pretty above all else? Says a lot.

Hahaha you reminded me of what they did to Glory.

She went from this.
741914-glory.jpeg

to this

2348932-glory_v1tp_web72.jpg

Um, are you just assuming she's going to be like that in the movie already or what?

I think it's the safer assumption looking across film and television.

/shrug

Women have gotten buffed up/muscular for roles before.

Biel in Blade Trinity
Swank in Million Dollar Baby
Rodriguez in Girl Fight
Linda Hamilton in T2
Moore in GI Jane
Kate Bosworth in Blue Crush
Lucy Lawless in Xena

People need to calm the fuck down.

Slayven

Folks act like they were campiging ing for a WW film for years. Reminds me when Blue Beetle got killed, suddenly he had a large fanbase that supported him for years.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Folks act like they were campiging ing for a WW film for years. Reminds me when Blue Beetle got killed, suddenly he had a large fanbase that supported him for years.

thats still hilarious. like people were reading JLI religiously or something.

ReiGun

comic movie gaf is still one of the worst circles on gaf. completely insufferable asshole.
It's all the worst tendencies of comic fans and movie snobs fused together. It's pretty fun as long as you're not taking it seriously.

Serious talk about Wonder Woman didn't happen until after the Avengers, tbh. That's when the "why isn't DC doing everything Marvel does all the time" crowd kicked into full gear.

People were happy with just Batman and Superman before then.

Slayven

thats still hilarious. like people were reading JLI religiously or something.
Or Extreme Justice.
It's all the worst tendencies of comic fans and movie snobs fused together. It's pretty fun as long as you're not taking it seriously.

Serious talk about Wonder Woman didn't happen until after the Avengers, tbh. That's when the "why isn't DC doing everything Marvel does all the time" crowd kicked into full gear.

People were happy with just Batman and Superman before then.

Marvel made them hungry for something they never knew they wanted.

ReiGun

Imagine how much crying would happen if they went with a genuine backstory for WW.

They won't come out ahead with regards to her backstory no matter what they do. Change the ones from the comics, fans will hate it. Use the one from the comics, non-fans who want her to be a different character will hate it.

Honestly, even has a fan of the character, she might be better off as a supporting character.

akira28

Ted Kord was my dude, ok? His grudge match against Guy Gardener was what comics were all about. I even collected his solo.

He was their expositional crime fighting gadget user analog to SpiderMan

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Parallax is the same way about the Bloodpack.

They should use Earth 11 and totally flip the script.

that group of losers and the event attached to them needs to be forgotten by time. and luckily(outside of anima) its been mostly forgotten

earth 11 will be the only way we'll ever get a wonder man on screen

ReiGun

use the one from the nu52 and she is basically percy jackson.... fans will understand it.

Using the clay story and .... yeah its going to be an issue

My only problem with the new 52 origin is, well like you said, it just makes her PErcy Jackson or Hercules.

The most important part of her origin is that she was born entirely of woman. If someone can figure out a way to do that without the clay part, that would be ideal. For me, anyway.

RedSwirl

That's why a lot of people hoped for Gina Carino, regardless of acting ability.

For a long time I was hopeful the reason Hollywood held off on Wonder Woman was because they wanted it perfect -- they wanted it to be the first big Blockbuster success with a female lead, thus opening the door for more female leads, who are currently a hard sell to Hollywood producers. I was, probably naively, hoping producers saw the money in expanding the kinds of stories you could do with that new opportunity.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
My only problem with the new 52 origin is, well like you said, it just makes her PErcy Jackson or Hercules.

The most important part of her origin is that she was born entirely of woman. If someone can figure out a way to do that without the clay part, that would be ideal. For me, anyway.

They could pull a magic bit or add cloning.... cloning would be ok. Make the amazons technologically superior to the land of men.

ReiGun

I'm supposed to be helping teach this game design class Friday and I still haven't even read the rules of the game we're using. >_>

They could pull a magic bit or add cloning.... cloning would be ok. Make the amazons technologically superior to the land of men.
"The Amazons use a mixture of science and magic to make babies without men." That would be cool.

I'm amazed they still haven't casted a villain for this thing. We all know it's gonna be Luthor, but they're not in any rush to get him.

Trey

Snyder and WB weren't going to win no matter who they cast. Netherrealm caught shit for WW in Injustice because she was "too manly looking."

You know that when a game studio can't model a Wonder Woman people won't complain about, all hope is lost for a real person measuring up flawlessly.

Snyder and WB weren't going to win no matter who they cast. Netherrealm caught shit for WW in Injustice because she was "too manly looking."

You know that when a game studio can't model a Wonder Woman people won't complain about, all hope is lost for a real person measuring up flawlessly.

Nah, Netherrealm caught shit because they just flat out suck at modeling female characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom