• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

I still don't get the Ashley hate.

A bit conservative-minded? Sure. Overtly patriotic? Definitely. But I would stop short of calling her an outright xenophobe for not trusting aliens she doesn't know with sensitive military hardware. And for what it's worth, she seems to change as the trilogy goes on.

Overall I think ME does a terrible job of conveying to players that it takes place literally one generation after humans first contacted aliens (through armed conflict). I think at that point they'd still have yet to fully trust them.

JohnDoe

Banned
That accent in Don Juan. I would push Satch and Devo out of the way for that.

FNa7Nfw.png

harSon

Banned
Caught the first two episodes of Space Dandy. It's fun. I'll keep watching.

Second episode was a step up from the first. Hope they do a lot more juxtoposition of serious moments in the middle of sheer mayhem, which was an element I found appealing within Cowboy Bebop. The humor is still more miss than hit though, so hopefully they tighten that up a bit.

Scar Jo right up there with Mya as waifu.

Paula Patton is still it for me. That husky voice slays, and those scenes in 2 Guns only reinforced what I already knew (She can't act worth a shit).

Trey

I still don't get the Ashley hate.

A bit conservative-minded? Sure. Overtly patriotic? Definitely. But I would stop short of calling her an outright xenophobe for not trusting aliens she doesn't know with sensitive military hardware. And for what it's worth, she seems to change as the trilogy goes on.

Overall I think ME does a terrible job of conveying to players that it takes place literally one generation after humans first contacted aliens (through armed conflict). I think at that point they'd still have yet to fully trust them.

She's a believable character in ME. A couple decades after first contact/ET war, most people would be skeptical off aliens. Shame that the VIs get shafted in 2 and pasted back into 3. Liara very obviously was the most fleshed out love interest.

Bioware didn't think too far ahead with that trilogy.

But they paid 600, everyone else should suffer.

I'm not a parent but I imagine I'd feel like quite an asshole if my child disrupted people's evening.

Those folks trying to compare it to every gathering of strangers possible lol. Ban kids under whatever age you see fit and then have zero exceptions to avoid inconsiderate parents.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I'm not a parent but I imagine I'd feel like quite an asshole if my child disrupted people's evening.

Those folks trying to compare it to every gathering of strangers possible lol. Ban kids under whatever age you see fit and then have zero exceptions to avoid inconsiderate parents.

Who knew that you can't do all of the things you want in life that you might have even done before after you have kids?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Come on man, you and you Aquaman love. You are like that one kid that when everyone gets together to play, you bring the lamest character in the franchise. Like this

8lT5O54.jpg

"But guys he is cool"

being a cyclops fan, you should know what its like for one of your faves to be considered a lame until recently

ReiGun

Aquaman out here prospering, getting second books while your faves can barely manage one, and the haters are just gonna have to deal with that.

Cyclops was always cool. Even if he was a simp, shooting lasers concussive blasts from your eyes is dope.

Dude's were immortal.

They each got shot like 5 times like it was nothing, and chucked themselves off mountains... Was like that scene in Hot Rod, except serious...

Saw an interview with the guy and he said they actually fell more times than they showed in the movie.....WTF

Man fam I have finally done it. I did today the one of the few things that make you in adult in my family at least.

I made motherfucking gravy and rice with pork chops from FUCKING SCRATCH. I'm c-walking through the motherfucking house and the wife looking at me like what the fuck. I had my great aunt on the phone coaching me through it but goddamn it feels good. Now when I beat my great uncle at pool, make a lemon pie, and fix a car with literally a wrench and a screwdriver I will have hit my final form.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
There is really no rhyme or reason to it. In the past you could usually see why they are acting a fool. But with titanfall you just have dozens of folks acting a fool for no damn good reason.

Wonderful ain't?

I think their is some fair concern toward them releasing $60 box mp only product especially with EA in change. They absolutely cannot be stingy with content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom