• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
BAQY28P

Turns out Time Warner Cable here offers up to 100m internet but they don't bring it up unless your router is compatible which almost no one's is.
what.png

I called them yesterday to complain about being billed too much for basic ass internet. Prior to this I had met with folks in person and through their website and this was the first person who said anything about internet beyond 20m. I even asked others and they said nope. So he upgraded my internet and said I'd have to get their latest modem/router thing at no charge.

So now I have 30/5 and things aren't so bad. I opened up the K-Pop thread to test my internet speed. There were no survivors.

Gorillaz

bout to watch that special you did naka

side note beat ME3.............what's up with this little hologram dude in the end talking so much shit

Time Warner is their own worst enemy.

First they tell me their service tops out at 20/1 then after finding someone who knew what they were doing by calling them, he gave me 30/5 for 65$ a month.

But wait....their website has lower prices than their sales reps quote you on the phone. I called back and now for $5 more bucks I got 50/5 and just ran a speed test

JUlUuO1.jpg

And luckily for me they're also running a promotion for free Samsung Galaxy Tab 3s that ends in a few days. If they would have given me this option when I first went down there to activate service I wouldn't say a bad word about them. But fuck 'em.

lol

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
@Morris yeah TWC is completely dumb. Wait until you have an outage and they start trying to get you to upgrade.

Time Warner is their own worst enemy.

First they tell me their service tops out at 20/1 then after finding someone who knew what they were doing by calling them, he gave me 30/5 for 65$ a month.

But wait....their website has lower prices than their sales reps quote you on the phone. I called back and now for $5 more bucks I got 50/5 and just ran a speed test

JUlUuO1.jpg

And luckily for me they're also running a promotion for free Samsung Galaxy Tab 3s that ends in a few days. If they would have given me this option when I first went down there to activate service I wouldn't say a bad word about them. But fuck 'em.

lol

I'm about to move and I got Time Warner currently. I want to switch, but my only other option is AT&T U-Verse. They don't look too good either.

I guess I will threaten to leave and see what they are willing to do. I'm paying like $55 now and I'm not getting what you got.

DominoKid

wooooo @ first paycheck on the new job.
booooo @ realizing i filled out the tax form wrong. it's not like 1 week really matters all that much though.

So my brand new Samsung washing machine decided to leak on me all over my utility room. I have been knee deep in fucking water, dirt, cat food, cat litter and god knows what for the last 2 damn hours. I said fuck it and walked in looking like a debarge pigpen not given any fucks. Now I have to find a goddamn replacement hose.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So my brand new Samsung washing machine decided to leak on me all over my utility room. I have been knee deep in fucking water, dirt, cat food, cat litter and god knows what for the last 2 damn hours. I said fuck it and walked in looking like a debarge pigpen not given any fucks. Now I have to find a goddamn replacement hose.
Same thing happened to me when I moved into my apartment last year. I went into Home Depot looking disheveled as fuck. Too easy to think you have shit on right and end up with a huge mess. I think because hookups are different in many buildings but they don't always give you comparable parts with each machine.

Slayven

samsung got a washer now?

apple where you at?
Samsung makes a lot of shit. A lot of Asian electronic companies make their biggest nuts on home applicences and life insurance.

You haven't lived until you had a septic tank backup on you.

watching now.

Yep, yet another case of police taking care of their own. I wanted to slap the shit out of that forensic doc that suggested the damn gun busted her eye when shot. It defies logic and reason...but like that NYC guy who wrote the book (literally) on this shit said, it should have been treated like a homicide first. It wasn't, and they did everything to line up with their belief that it was suicide.

Not the first and won't be the last.

I got the chance to play the Vita last weekend. OLED is gorgeous and it had a few fun games on it like Tearaway. Still not sure it's worth paying for. I just don't think it has legs game-wise for it to be a smart investment. We'll see in the coming year how it does with PS4 involvement.

Also I snagged this from the crossfit thread:

WP7vrva.gif

Look at her body. She must be doing something right.

hypernima

Banned
Man this sickle cell stuff killed my break. I been in the hospital so much these dudes know my name and shit. I don't know how I feel bout this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom