• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yea, Country singers been harmonizing about how they're about that action, and how women should stop fucking with hippity hop and come for a real man with a bud in a pickup truck (generalizing here). People acting like it's rap only can miss me.

Oh lord no @ the shade on that instagram image. Thought I needed to scroll over since I'm on mobile. hahahaha

Order

What a B-hole.

tumblr_mzj1g9ULNu1ri0e3to1_500.png
And she added a grey filter...smh

Nakazato

I want to say thanks to everyone that watch the Frontline report. I had a great time (while also having my heartache for the daughter and the family) I wanted to see it throught to the end and I was able to.

SN: The Sheriff wont do an interview with us. The day we scheduled the interview he pussied out with Walt/Me/and a Audio guy. Instead.... Dude had the balls to have interview session with with ALL the local news media.

What the fuck kind of neighbors are those? Who hears a woman scream, "Help!!" twice...then the sound of TWO gunshots and not do anything. Or even go talk to the police AFTER they show up. That coroner should be fired as well, how can he seriously change his mind so many times? Entire story pissed me off, sad the family got no justice.

This has to be a photoshop..

Dencia has issues like crazy she really fucked up herself with all her skin toning. I mean she looks like a fucking ghost now....nice body though. Shame we have so many people doing this skin toning shit.

Trey

I'm looking at the NBA standings and wow. Contract the east.

Also trash how a solid third of the league is never, ever competitive.

Dencia has issues like crazy she really fucked up herself with all her skin toning. I mean she looks like a fucking ghost now....nice body though. Shame we have so many people doing this skin toning shit.

What are we gonna do, fam. What are we gonna do.

If you say nothin, I'm gonna skin lighten my avatar. I will beat them or I will join them, real talk.

What are we gonna do, fam. What are we gonna do.

If you say nothin, I'm gonna skin lighten my avatar.

Kinda wanna see this lol. Jokes aside, it's going to take alot; and much of it is outside of our immediate control. Black women on a daily basis are bombarded with advertisements and everything else basically telling them they're not shit, and that light and bright is right. Western standards of beauty really does a number to their self esteem. Add in the general lack of men desiring our sisters and we have the situation we're currently in. It doesn't help that within our own culture many propagate the "light and bright is right" mindset.

It's a shame really.

What does it do to the nipples?

see....

Kinda wanna see this lol. Jokes aside, it's going to take alot; and much of it is outside of our immediate control. Black women on a daily basis are bombarded with advertisements and everything else basically telling them they're not shit, and that light and bright is right. Western standards of beauty really does a number to their self esteem. Add in the general lack of men desiring our sisters and we have the situation we're currently in. It doesn't help that within our own culture many propagate the "light and bright is right" mindset.

It's a shame really.

yea I know.

blasians and red heads are gonna put sistas out of business. whoo lawd da help

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Her... The movie.

I just... I can't... How? I need more stiff drinks...

;_;

Her... The movie.

I just... I can't... How? I need more stiff drinks...

;_;

i think out of the oscar contenders this and 12 years a slave will be remembered years from now. the rest...eh give it a couple.

great script and performances.

also angelus i get ya. blasians are needed. i think asian girls are cute, but all the ones i've seen tend to have a similar body type. the outliers that i've noticed tend to be filipino

Couple things....

Partition and Drunk in Love......

Yeezainity...I mean Yeezianity

People are fiending for meaning in their lives, how else to explain this unless its a joke.

I don't understand how bleaching is making a resurgence, growing up, if you bleached, no one thought you were cool. Its crazy that its making a comeback (hopefully this doesn't spread into Ghana, I thought we had gotten the handle on this sort of nonsense)

harSon

Banned
Fine by me.

I always cop Nintendo consoles once the price hits rock bottom, so that'll just be happening faster than usual this time around.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Fine by me.

I always cop Nintendo consoles once the price hits rock bottom, so that'll just be happening faster than usual this time around.

Well yeah, once they bottom out I'll hop on. I'd pay 175 at the most for a Wii U Bundle. That gamepad shit was always some fuckery though. Don't know what they were smoking when they bet it all on that shit.

Nintendo's stock literally tanked. But it's holding steady for the past 4 and a half hours. I wonder if it'll end up even worse.

tumblr_lzisgoD0Gf1qdvjvl.gif

Nintendo fans' and investors' reaction when PS4/XB1 reached better sales in 2 months than WiiU in 14 months

Kreed

Nintendo is fucked

And this trend will continue until their next home console at least. I don't know if people over on the gaming side are waiting for Nintendo to make a comeback but it's not happening, not for the Wii U anyway, so get used to these Nintendo is falling from the sky topics for the next 4-5 years.

FyreWulff

When people are photoshopping Iwata's face onto the body of Bud Dwyer about to commit suicide, I think it's about time for gamers to take a fucking step back and re-assess their priorities.

Of course, it's always Nintendo fans posting that shit

Trey

I like the Wii U. Will probably be the only console I play until Halo 5 and Ground Zeroes comes out.

Shame it's not doing well.

It is super weird how so many people are masturbating over Nintendo doing badly though.

When people are photoshopping Iwata's face onto the body of Bud Dwyer about to commit suicide, I think it's about time for gamers to take a fucking step back and re-assess their priorities.

Of course, it's always Nintendo fans posting that shit

Games need to come out.

GAF is fighting all the pre release fights again.

harSon

Banned
Well yeah, once they bottom out I'll hop on. I'd pay 175 at the most for a Wii U Bundle. That gamepad shit was always some fuckery though. Don't know what they were smoking when they bet it all on that shit.

They should have gone with the a natural progression to the Wii, ie. standardized 1:1 motion controls. I know the market fell from underneath the Wii towards the end of the generation, but consumers obviously bought into motion gaming considering the success of the Wii and Kinect, and Nintendo and 3rd party developers already had a ton of experience with motion control styled gaming. And considering Microsoft was heading in that direction as well, the Wii 2 could have piggy backed on some 3rd party games coming to the Kinect. Not to mention the fact that the system would have been infinitely cheaper without that gamepad controller.

They needed to either come in at a lower price point, ie. the $250 price point the Wii came in at, due to the consumer base they're targeting. Or they needed to beef up the internals if they were going to come in at $350, so 3rd parties weren't instantaneously dismissive of the platform. They fucked up both, on top of heading into uncharted territory with their gamepad, and they're suffering the consequences.

harSon

Banned
Even if the Wii U had a solid holiday season, Nintendo's biggest issue right now is the lack of trust regarding the future of their lineup. Alright, you have a solid Holiday lineup, what about Quarters 1 and 2 of next year? How about a year from now? etc. They're going into the second year with the Wii U, and it's very likely that their lineup is going to get absolutely man handled by the first years of the Xbox One and Playstation 4 - even if you disregard 3rd party multiplatform games. That's unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom