• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

nm6SoFA

Get into gear for MLK Weekend!

That is the lest offensive MLK holiday promotion I senna all week.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
That's hitting the pinnacle.

What's the podcast about, if you don't mind me asking?

Liberation themed. Asked them about their experiences voicing two main black characters in the AC series, and then how they feel the subject of slavery was tackled in both, and if they see this as a stepping stone for more games with similar protagonists.

I enjoyed their responses a lot.

Slayven

Liberation themed. Asked them about their experiences voicing two main black characters in the AC series, and then how they feel the subject of slavery was tackled in both, and if they see this as a stepping stone for more games with similar protagonists.

Between you and the other guy accents it's the most cultured gamed related podcast out there.

cdyhybrid

Sounds interesting. Will listen this weekend, there's a live mix I want to hear that comes on in 30 minutes so can't do it now :D

I want to play more AC4 but I basically did everything I wanted to do in the vanilla game. Will probably pick up the DLCs when my paycheck clears. Playing as Adewale sounds pretty cool.

Slayven

94 dollars for the part and 170 dollars for labor. And they have to come from Opelika Ala.

Goddammit.

Goddamn, they had to forge the part in Mt Doom and then submerge it in the refreshing waters of lake minnetonka?

VC is a business major? He going to lose all his clients money.

Goddamn, they had to forge the part in Mt Doom and then submerge it in the refreshing waters of lake minnetonka?

VC is a business major? He going to lose all his clients money.
"Invest in Nintendo, baby. Sure, the stock is at a low point, and the system is selling badly, but they only need one more game and they're back at the top!"

Imm0rt4l

Just when gaf was starting to respect pachter, irrational hate for the man comes back out. Rather then articulating why something is a bad idea many would rather just call him an idiot.

Just when gaf was starting to respect pachter, irrational hate for the man comes back out. Rather then articulating why something is a bad idea many would rather just call him an idiot.

But could you imagine the Nintentdo teams being asked to code for XB1/PS4. They would get the dev kits in and just..............

strangelove-thumb-510x328-39094.gif

Edit: Plus GAF has no idea how business works. You don't just add up years of cumulative loses and gains to equate the health of a business.Once a fiscal year is over its over, you hit the reset button.

But could you imagine the Nintentdo teams being asked to code for XB1/PS4. They would get the dev kits in and just..............

Yea, Nintendo took forever to get their stuff out on their own platform.

Maybe porting would be easier but then it completely kills their console and their handheld loses some of it's shine too.

Imm0rt4l

Word they're behind the curb like a motherfucker. Im sure IF it ever came to that then theyd have help from sony/ms. Its a very interesting idea to say the least. Im not sure how investors would feel in the long term. And how gamers would percieve nontendo after playing their games on another platform for a few years. The move is kinda desperate, but desperate times.

"People take L's"
Ja
Yea, Nintendo took forever to get their stuff out on their own platform.

Maybe porting would be easier but then it completely kills their console and their handheld loses some of it's shine too.
Yea it undermines the fuck out the console. But the idea is that wii u already lost. We living in a world where knack outsold mario.

Slayven

Edit: Plus GAF has no idea how business works. You don't just add up years of cumulative loses and gains to equate the health of a business.Once a fiscal year is over its over, you hit the reset button.

They would have to learn about PSN and XBLive first.

Maybe if they do Wii or Gamecube games.

I'd be down for Pikmin 1/2, Mario Galaxy 1/2, Smash Bros or a Zelda updated for the PS4. I'd pay $60 bucks for those.

I'd pay $20 for a downloadable Super Mario Brothers or Donkey Kong Country 2. I really want to give Nintendo my money, but I don't want to give them $300 prior to giving them said money.

Maybe if they do Wii or Gamecube games.

I'd be down for Pikmin 1/2, Mario Galaxy 1/2, Smash Bros or a Zelda updated for the PS4. I'd pay $60 bucks for those.

I really think your glossing over their HD problems. Isnt there a rumor that Game & Wario was delayed from launch because the graphics weren't up to snuff?

WiiU_GameWario_Fruit_1small.jpg

Gorillaz

Finally saw Wolf of Wall Street.

Not his best, longer then it should have been, but it was a good "comedy". The over indulgence of it all was hype as hell especially the opening but it's got old after awhile.

I think I might have to give the edge to AH and it's cast.

edit: still need to see Her, probably will tonight with a friend, she's kinda thinks it's weird with the scar jo thing so well see

Imm0rt4l

Finally saw Wolf of Wall Street.

Not his best, longer then it should have been, but it was a good "comedy". The over indulgence of it all was hype as hell especially the opening but it's got old after awhile.

I think I might have to give the edge to AH and it's cast.

edit: still need to see Her, probably will tonight with a friend, she's kinda thinks it's weird with the scar jo thing so well see

The cast did the damn thing for sure.

Her was great.

Trey

ehh....I think that's a bit myopic. A person can want to play Nintendo games but be uninterested in their hardware. This isn't exclusive to just them either.

Well, certainly. But the entire idea of consoles is exclusivity. So you make value evaluations of the games alongside their hardware, and what each one respectively offers you as a package.

Imm0rt4l

Well, certainly. But the entire idea of consoles is exclusivity. So you make value evaluations of the games alongside their hardware, and what each one respectively offers you as a package.

Totally, exclusivity is important and I'd like to put emphasis on the package.

Problem is wii u isn't exact a bastion of 3rd party support or cutting edge tech which makes up a large portion of ones reason to buying a console. Some may not be as keen on spending a lot of money on what they consider a supplementary console.

For the record, I think Nintendo going third party could be disastrous and cause more problems in the future, but not necessarily. Mobile on the other hand....

Gorillaz

The cast did the damn thing for sure.

Her was great.

tWoW, expect for the house maid which made me roll my eyes but wasn't bad but yea I did enjoy the emsemble more in AH

Her must be good if even Moris and his anti ScarJo ass liked it

Whatever Nintendo has to to do, it is going to be something the Nintenhards will not like.

When I read that thread about Iwata talking about new direction/changes first thing I thought was that as well

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Because he said maybe the dumbest thing he's ever gone on record as saying.

Temporarily go third party? What?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Why is that dumb exactly?

Because once Nintendo goes third party, why would you ever buy their hardware again to play their games? Why would you not just wait for their next hardware to tank and pick their games up on Playstation or Xbox?

If Nintendo releases their games on another console, that's it. They're done with the hardware market. There's no going back from that.

royalan

qzgtmud.png

Racially insensitive? Or "Only Madonna..."?

I'm not quite sure where I stand...but I won't deny that I cracked up when I saw it.

I don't even entirely get the hashtag's relevance. It's definitely funny because it's like someone's grandma back in 2002 doing the toostee roll at their highschool football game and shouting 'whoomp there it is".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom