• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Is Bayonetta 2 still coming out?

That's about as far as I care about any of this.

It is super weird how so many people are masturbating over Nintendo doing badly though.
Just as annoying as the zealots who defend them no matter what, imo.

zero_suit

I'd argue nothing is, since tastes are subjective. Those were the headline games for the Wii U this holiday season, and arguably the best exclusives lineup available. Decent enough to beat out the outmoded PS3, I suppose.

By default since Xbox One and PS4 (especially) have nothing right now.

Slayven

Why does Sandra Bullock kid have such strong sideeye?
sandra-bullock-louis-bardo-260-316x373.jpg

spl259159_002-wm900.jpg

1380740588000-louis-bullock.jpg

sandra-bullock2-z.jpg

sandra_bullock_louis_bardo_bullock_adoption_17m521j-17m522l.jpg

Trey

Is Bayonetta 2 still coming out?

That's about as far as I care about any of this.

Just as annoying as the zealots who defend them no matter what, imo.

It's still coming out.

I don't really see zealots anymore. Just genuine disappointment.

I do find it hilarious how people say they'd love to play Nintendo games on their PS4s though. I'd say the same about Sony games on my PC.

By default since Xbox One and PS4 (especially) have nothing right now.

I'm not touching the new consoles until pricecut/Holiday 2014.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Well I'm actually excited about the future. Sony fucked up with the PS3 launch and were able to turn things around mid-gen into a respectable position for the PS4 to return them to the promised land.

I want to see what a pressured Nintendo comes up with.

Gorillaz

Nintendo should honestly give up some of its power to NoA and NoE instead of just making them mouthpieces of the west. Allow them to make some games themselves instead of having everything come straight from Japan. Sony had to learn that lesson at the start of the ps3

Basically clean house and get fresh blood up there. They are a little too close minded right now

BlackJace

It's not fun when the true Believers have accepted defeat.

Well most sensible people have resigned to the fact that they will not be the market leader this cycle. It's the constant beating of the (dead) horse that's doing them in. No rest for the weary lol.

Slayven

Well most sensible people have resigned to the fact that they will not be the market leader this cycle. It's the constant beating of the (dead) horse that's doing them in. No rest for the weary lol.

I wnat to see those that says smash and beyonetta will turn things around. those posts are what I live for.

I rather the black father thread not been made. Cause some gaffer will use it for some fucked up racist logic.

Nintendo should honestly give up some of its power to NoA and NoE instead of just making them mouthpieces of the west. Allow them to make some games themselves instead of having everything come straight from Japan. Sony had to learn that lesson at the start of the ps3

Basically clean house and get fresh blood up there. They are a little too close minded right now

Thing with that is it would require a pretty size able manpower and resource investment, not to mention a large scale recruiting drive and new facilities. Given the level of power NOA/NOA currently have, it's unlikely NCL is willing to risk expenditures on that scale, unless their recent courting of indies has been part of due diligence for that purpose.

I'd argue nothing is, since tastes are subjective. Those were the headline games for the Wii U this holiday season, and arguably the best exclusives lineup available. Decent enough to beat out the outmoded PS3, I suppose.
Peeps talking about exclusive lineups but Minecraft (360) was the only single platform release in the NPD 2013 top 10.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Whoa Nintendo....WHOA!

Also that Nintendo thread is a further reminder that internet message boards don't know jack shit about business. At all

Trey

I like that this is what Dy is famous for even to the peanut gallery.

I was wondering who would bring him up first.

Peeps talking about exclusive lineups but Minecraft (360) was the only single platform release in the NPD 2013 top 10.

Minecraft putting in work. I may not play it but it's great for gaming; I hope what it brings to the table is iterated upon. Far more than most trends of the last generation.

Gorillaz

Thing with that is it would require a pretty size able manpower and resource investment, not to mention a large scale recruiting drive and new facilities. Given the level of power NOA/NOA currently have, it's unlikely NCL is willing to risk expenditures on that scale, unless their recent courting of indies has been part of due diligence for that purpose.
It would definitely take a nice amount of manpower to bring up an entire sector. Its just sad that over the years they really didnt put much effort in western studios other then Retro

I don't understand how bleaching is making a resurgence, growing up, if you bleached, no one thought you were cool. Its crazy that its making a comeback (hopefully this doesn't spread into Ghana, I thought we had gotten the handle on this sort of nonsense)

it's so much easier to find people who agree with you now so i can only see the trend increasing.

lol I'm gonna need a link
==================
I don't expect someone's personal email to be "professional". How stupid.

I swear more laws need to exist to control hiring practices.

So I should have to make a whole new email because some scumbag has a stick up his ass about what people's emails email addresses should look like? Sad that this kind of discrimination is even allowed.
After this is where EatChildren came in for the one-two punch:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97369433&postcount=272
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97371104&postcount=288

"If they're taking the time to scrutinize my email address, I wouldn't want to work for those scumbags anyway"

el oh el

That was part was straight-up lmao

Gorillaz

my old roommates brother put his resume on different color paper and then had it scented, because, that sticks out to employers

"Yea go get them tiger"

Sad that this kind of discrimination is even allowed.

zvZ8Xx2.gif

Because it is depending on the field, point in case...applying for a design firm. That's how I got my job; but then again all I did was link to my site's resume.

/shrug.

That's consensus. If the job you are applying for is in some sort of creative field, being creative is a plus. Forgive JC, he's a business student.

I stole a resume format from the unemployed thread in the OT and I always get compliments on it.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
GAF threads in general remind me that people don't know shit outside of their little world.

I feel sorry for alot of people who I see post. When they have to deal with the real world, they are in for a rude awakening. The world is cold, cruel and runs by it's own rules. Your wants and needs don't matter for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom