• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Man this is the most boring episode of Scandal ever

sgicT26.jpg

Edit: More ammo for February:

aly

Hello everyone! I decided to be more active on Gaf since I have alot more free time lately. Lurk a lot, but hope to contribute more!

Where you're from- Central Arkansas
Where you live- East bay, Ca
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Err, I'm black
Do you know your roots- Nope
Your Age- 20
Favorite musical genre- Rap, R&B
Your profession/major/career interest- Philosophy/ Biology Major
Your religious affiliation- Non- denominational Christian
Hobbies- Reading, Gaming, gardening

Gorillaz

Hello everyone! I decided to be more active on Gaf since I have alot more free time lately. Lurk a lot, but hope to contribute more!

Your Age- 20
Welcome!

Your Age- 20

Salutations.....

Popeye's or KFC?

And why am I watching After Earth.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Ga. just turned into a goddamn Cormac McCarthy novel. Its like "The Road" in this motherfucker.
That YouTube video you posted where some cat next to your house had abandoned his car in the ditch was crazy. And no doubt those ducks and the mean turtle from your backyard gtfo before it was too late.

Only us stubborn humans stay behind in the face of winter snowmageddon. Day after tomorrow - Down South edition.

I hope Slay is staying warm.

RedSwirl

Your Age- 20

Oh shit. Who do you know down there?

And welcome.

To sum up After Earth....

That shit was visual Ambien. I kept nodding off. And I'm a sucker for father/son flicks but damn that shit was mad boredom. I can respect what they were trying to do but it kept fumbling the ball.

RedSwirl

I realized with horror that despite the all-inclusivity preached by the studio, despite the purported blindness to socioeconomic status, despite the sizeable population of regular Asian students, black students were few and far between.

Okay, at the first couple of sections I could almost understand. I'm thinking "Maybe she's just surprised that there are few black people in her specific yoga class and is wondering why that is."

But after that I just can't. And if I read the last paragraph correctly she seems to be aware of her actual position in all this?

aly

Oh shit. Who do you know down there?

And welcome.

Got family all over the place, so I know quite a few people down here.

To sum up After Earth....

That shit was visual Ambien. I kept nodding off. And I'm a sucker for father/son flicks but damn that shit was mad boredom. I can respect what they were trying to do but it kept fumbling the ball.

Think I fell asleep after the third "Take a Knee".

Trey

There is something ticklish about a few inches of snow bringing utter apocalypse to southern states, but there are people in some real shit, and I empathize with them.

I'd go mad being in my car, barely moving, for hours and hours.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
There is something ticklish about a few inches of snow bringing utter apocalypse to southern states, but there are people in some real shit, and I empathize with them.

i can sympathize. snow would turn la to a mad max/zombie scenario in hours

Mr. Patch

A big part of it is because the weather has been bipolar as hell

Do y'all realize that they are forecasting snow in fucking TALLAHASSEE this morning? It was 70 degrees Monday.

Nakazato

This gig is a CF all ready. Prodcuer not letting me know shit. Gear got lost yesterday on the travel day. Qaiting for a phone call I'm in all likelihood will never recive telling me if we go the gear. Next 6 days are going be fun...

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
This gig is a CF all ready. Prodcuer not letting me know shit. Gear got lost yesterday on the travel day. Qaiting for a phone call I'm in all likelihood will never recive telling me if we go the gear. Next 6 days are going be fun...

Tough work week?

Tough work week.

Crunch time with IT issues and a deadline for ours Friday. I'm about to go to work with a filled flask. lawd.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
What is wrong with this damn website? Bad gateway errors every five minutes. Some kind of crazy gaming news drop that I don't know about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom