• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the opposite for me. I'd rather re-install Tides of Darkness or WC3 and play the campaign. Sucks that universe is lost to MMO forever now. At least we still have Starcraft.
Im installing as we speak lol I always do that when the WoW bug bite me
Not me. Chris Metzen + time travel sounds whack as fuck.
I got througj WotlK, Cata, and Mists i think i can stomach Metzen bs again

You know at the end of the day the core game is still the same repetitive shit.

wait in queue
do dungeon/raid
rinse/repeat x N

...And did I step into some BCT drama?

And thats the problem with Wow, I can do that for so long before it gets tiresome. Its strange though back in Vanilla I didnt mind doing dungeons/raids over and over it felt fresh for some reason

tirminyl

Found the thread again. I need to participate more.

Any of you all changing up your hairstyles for the winter months?

I'm trying to get ideas. I've been slightly growing it out in the fall and winter months returning to my standard close cut in spring and summer.

Slayven

I'm trying to get ideas. I've been slightly growing it out in the fall and winter months returning to my standard close cut in spring and summer.

Nha, going to stay shaved so I can mean mug the cold.

ouch sry beef I worked BF at gamestop worst day ever

with the 2000 friend update we need to get each others psn tags

PSN: FFXI_Isamu

PSN:Biggz124

..yep 2006, homies.

Gonna get a nice quiff.. currently rocking a no-form shaggy dog, kinda surprised I got a new job with it :/

I'll usually let my hair grow into a mini fro but eventually will just cut it and go back to my waves.

read that as "my weaves"
iYCwU3L.png

also, Danny Brown pls you don't have to do this

So Lonnie Johnson was awarded 72.9 million from unpaid royalties from Hasbro. Yes the brother who invented the supersoaker is finally getting his payday.

tirminyl

Gonna get a nice quiff.. currently rocking a no-form shaggy dog, kinda surprised I got a new job with it :/

I had to look those up. I'm horrible with style names. I've always only gotten a skin fade. Now trying to do something different but nothing crazy due to the workplace and interaction with senior management.

Currently I have a low side faded into a thick top that I leave as a curly top thing.

On top the topic of WoW, that expansion is sorta making me want to play again. I was already noob to it and pay for a subscription I'm not using.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So Lonnie Johnson was awarded 72.9 million from unpaid royalties from Hasbro. Yes the brother who invented the supersoaker is finally getting his payday.

Bout damn time.

So I'm eating at a restaurant with my mom, something we rarely do, and the moment we get in there, some elderly white woman approaches us and emplores that we go see 12 years a slave. She told us how it touched her life, and that one of her great grandfathers was a slave owner in north carolina and that the movie made her ashamed to be white.

Operation celiphate has tracks y'all.

Gon see 12 Years tomorrow. Have a feeling I'm just gonna walk out of there with the world's most intimidating black guy stare in human history. Somebody might get hurt inadvertently, and for that I apologize in advance.

Gon see 12 Years tomorrow. Have a feeling I'm just gonna walk out of there with the world's most intimidating black guy stare in human history. Somebody might get hurt inadvertently, and for that I apologize in advance.

Breh, even though it was not the films intention (and I'm just a brown dude) I just wanted to fucking massacre the first ignant white person I saw

That film really toys with your emotions

Parallax

I can't do it. Rosewood has destroyed me with black period pieces. It scared me as a kid, and made me want to just to fight people afterward. I know that's what's gonna happen to me, so I'm gonna have to wait till its on DVD or Netflix.

Went to pickup some dinner to drop off for my GF.

Had to drive through the hood. The Man, you ain't slick, what is up with the 'driver license checkpoint'?

BHZ Mayor

Bout damn time.

So I'm eating at a restaurant with my mom, something we rarely do, and the moment we get in there, some elderly white woman approaches us and emplores that we go see 12 years a slave. She told us how it touched her life, and that one of her great grandfathers was a slave owner in north carolina and that the movie made her ashamed to be white.

Operation celiphate has tracks y'all.

Sounds like she finally understands what our people go through. /butler

Wait a brother invented the supersoaker? Damn wish i knew that back in the day, would have been an awesome black history prokect

That dinner shit sounds kinda offensive though lmao. I'm not gonna just call up/Facebook a bunch of black ppl just because I saw a movie

It really is great though. I'd call it horror more than a biopic. Reminded me a lot of the pianist

First and formost fuck a Black Friday. I have worked both retail at a big box store(K-Mart) a local gamestore located in a mall and did security for a major chain. People are ruthless and fucking idiots that dont have home training and everything else. You can see the worst in humanity on days like that. I mean really just fuck them. And I wish you luck to any cats who have to or are going to work on BF.

PSN- Riovane

And also me an my lady started getting our exercise on doing a walk and I snatched up a bench. 6 months Family 6 months.

BlackJace

I'm thinking about experiencing Black Friday for the first time this year, but I realize that that means I might have to fight some fools.

EDIT: Masterful title.

Parallax

Sounds like she finally understands what our people go through. /butler

She sounded like she might cry at our table. It must have hit her deep

That dinner shit sounds kinda offensive though lmao. I'm not gonna just call up/Facebook a bunch of black ppl just because I saw a movie

What's crazy is that she just walked up on us so freely that I didn't know how to react

First and formost fuck a Black Friday. I have worked both retail at a big box store(K-Mart) a local gamestore located in a mall and did security for a major chain. People are ruthless and fucking idiots that dont have home training and everything else. You can see the worst in humanity on days like that. I mean really just fuck them. And I wish you luck to any cats who have to or are going to work on BF.

PSN- Riovane

And also me an my lady started getting our exercise on doing a walk and I snatched up a bench. 6 months Family 6 months.

I went to black Friday to get my grandma a computer. I would go through hell or high water for that woman, and with all the crazy ass white people willing to throw down over fucking microwaves, hell is what it was close to becoming. Its gonna have to take a major deal to get me to go to a black friday deal again.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
12 years was really good but if you have any lingering hang ups towards onscreen violence prepare yourself.

Even if it turns out I can't upgrade the PC this year, I will not give a fuck about next-gen hardware until Witcher 3 drops.

witcher 3 for pc brah.

won't get a next-gen console until at least infamous:second son comes out. probably later than that though.

plus launch day next gen consoles are always wack. wait until the major firmware update to add features and also the horror stories of defective hardware.

So almost forgot to mention. You know greeters at Wal-Mart? Well down here in Carrollton there is this one older white lady who ALWAYS gives me grief whenever I try to leave. She watched me and my lady check out at the counter and then stopped us and asked to check our reciepts. Mind you I am holding this fucking weight bench on my shoulder and never put it down. She never walks up to my girl(who is white) but always to me to check my shit. Im already salty because im in fucking rude ass Wal-Mart, dealing with the dregs of society and now I gotta deal with this passive-aggressive racist. So when she went to get the reciept from my woman, my girl drops it on the ground and says "Pick it up if you wanna check it so bad."

......yeah. She made me proud.

So almost forgot to mention. You know greeters at Wal-Mart? Well down here in Carrollton there is this one older white lady who ALWAYS gives me grief whenever I try to leave. She watched me and my lady check out at the counter and then stopped us and asked to check our reciepts. Mind you I am holding this fucking weight bench on my shoulder and never put it down. She never walks up to my girl(who is white) but always to me to check my shit. Im already salty because im in fucking rude ass Wal-Mart, dealing with the dregs of society and now I gotta deal with this passive-aggressive racist. So when she went to get the reciept from my woman, my girl drops it on the ground and says "Pick it up if you wanna check it so bad."

Hot damn

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Wait a brother invented the supersoaker? Damn wish i knew that back in the day, would have been an awesome black history prokect

He did a lot more than that:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711856

Johnson, a nuclear engineer, Tuskegee University Ph.D. and former NASA scientist, founded his company in 1989. It was the same year he first licensed the Super Soaker, which generated more than $200 million in retail sales two years later, the company said. The toy was licensed to Larami Corp., which was later purchased by Hasbro.

Johnson holds more than 80 patents, with more than 20 pending, the company said, which said sales of the Super Soaker have approached nearly $1 billion.

After graduating from Tuskegee he joined the Air Force, worked at the Air Force Weapons Laboratory at Sandia, worked for NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab on the Galileo mission to Jupiter and the Mars Observer project, among others. He also helped design the Cassini robot probe that flew 740 million miles to Saturn.

He moved to Atlanta in 1990 before his Super Soaker invention made him wealthy. His inventions have included rechargeable battery technology and thermodynamic energy conversion technology.

FyreWulff

This should play over the PA of any building she enters

I can't do it. Rosewood has destroyed me with black period pieces. It scared me as a kid, and made me want to just to fight people afterward. I know that's what's gonna happen to me, so I'm gonna have to wait till its on DVD or Netflix.
Man. I saw this movie as a teen. I won't lie, made me hate white people for a bit even though a lot of my good friends were white. :lol

Slayven

12 years a slave isn't for black people. It's for white people to say "Hey black people went through some shit. I never knew slavery was this bad."

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
12 years a slave isn't for black people. It's for white people to say "Hey black people went through some shit. I never knew slavery was this bad."

I don't think the younger generation of black kids get it either.
hopefully movies like this serve not only as a painful reminder of what went on but also serve to educate as well.

edit: or at least open the door to further education

Slayven

I don't think the younger generation of black kids get it either.
hopefully movies like this serve not only as a painful reminder of what went on but also serve to educate as well.

edit: or at least open the door to further education

History is important but I wish there were mort contemporary stories. Like Fruitvale. The Struggle is still real, you don't have to travel back in time for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom