• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDoe

Banned
History is important but I wish there were mort contemporary stories. Like Fruitvale. The Struggle is still real, you don't have to travel back in time for it.

Too bad this won't ever happen. Or at least it will be met with a lot of contempt from the white audience because the truth hurts.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
and we're already into "we don't know the full stats/what if nobody applied" territory in the UCLA thread

along with a first reply deflection about asians, we're off to a fantastic start

Doesn't seem like a very good live performer tbh

It was amazing. Miguel did a great job as well. The video was only a tiny part, all the real hype parts she didn't record because everyone was going crazy and dancing. Honestly didn't even realize Drake had that many hits, since he did his features as well.

Never realized how racist wrestling was/is.

I thought this was a parody until i saw my man Tim Wise in it lol.

Slayven

Haha listening to the black guy who tips, they said Hollywood should do a found footage style slavery movie. About a slave on the run, lol I would serious fuck with that.

DominoKid

Racism in wrestling always seemed like something that just came w/ the territory. They dive headfirst into it rather than avoid it. I mean one of the most celebrated Raw moments on the DVD countdown is when DX dressed in blackface to mock the Nation of Domination. No way they'd do it now but I'd be lying if I said i didn't find it funny that they really went there.

I will say the thing about there never being a black WWE champion is weird to me. It never occurred to me that The Rock didn't count because he's mixed.

I will say the thing about there never being a black WWE champion is weird to me. It never occurred to me that The Rock didn't count because he's mixed.

Well Mark Henry had the Big Gold Belt™ in the best run of his career, but he never had the belt people cared about so I guess you're right.

BHZ Mayor

Racism in wrestling always seemed like something that just came w/ the territory. They dive headfirst into it rather than avoid it. I mean one of the most celebrated Raw moments on the DVD countdown is when DX dressed in blackface to mock the Nation of Domination. No way they'd do it now but I'd be lying if I said i didn't find it funny that they really went there.

Even discounting the Rock, wasn't Booker T champion at one point? Not that it excuses anything.

Just saw 12 Years a Slave...

iwtamWHaZC8DS.gif

One of those films you say, "Yep, that was masterful" and then never watch again. I walked out of that theater with a strange mix of sadness and just mad as fuck. Only sour note was Brad Pitt being all unconvincing and Brad Pitt-like in two scenes, but besides that...that was a hell of a movie.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
booker T got fucking clownnnnnnnnnnnnnned when he was in his title run against HHH

isn't that the one where the whole feud was HHH being racist against Booker, saying people like him shouldn't be the champion and why didn't he dance or something, and then despite what you'd think from the setup, HHH won anyway and proved himself right?

isn't that the one where the whole feud was HHH being racist against Booker, saying people like him shouldn't be the champion and why didn't he dance or something, and then despite what you'd think from the setup, HHH won anyway and proved himself right?

that's the one! HHH proved once and for all people like Booker know their place in this business

ioOcsaPwe0OwI.gif

Gorillaz

ehhh maybe? I think it was 03ish when Booker was made a joke, won the title and still a joke

That might be it. I remember it being fucked up because he honestly never felt like he got "over" during any point of that angle.

Then again this is HHH, he said it himself he would bury anything to keep "hope" alive for WWE
X3lvD.gif

Imm0rt4l

In minnesota visiting family. My cousin (whom I credit for putting me on gaming heavy as a child) asked if I wanted to play some 360 which I'm down for. His system's set up on a tube....no idea how he does it.

Slayven

In minnesota visiting family. My cousin (whom I credit for putting me on gaming heavy as a child) asked if I wanted to play some 360 which I'm down for. His system's set up on a tube....no idea how he does it.

Hey not eveyrone can live the high swoll life in Las Vegas. Snorting protein powder of stripper asses while curling 250.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom