• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

I hate when people say "safe"
Right. Like "safe" is somehow ineffective.

Also don't get how people spend all their time trying to figure a story out then get mad when they do. And no one understands what the word "plot hole" means anymore. And people don't realize their need for stories to be coldly logical would lead to a lot of shitty or boring stories...

I could go on.

I can agree with that, you should be more worried about the character interactions.

I can't fault people for caring about plot, but it seems to just dominate discussion and it's just the most boring thing about stories. Id rather get into character like you said, or themes, or author intent. Anything than just "what happened last episode" ad nauseam.

Village

Agreed, a lot of people skip over don't talk about important dialouge that can make or break characters focusing on the plot.

I hate whenry from FMA and no one knew why until I explained to them the shit she actually said. No one paid attention to what she was actually saying all the time, they saw the tsundere trope in correlation to the actual pot and moved on.

Slayven

Right. Like "safe" is somehow ineffective.

Also don't get how people spend all their time trying to figure a story out then get mad when they do. And no one understands what the word "plot hole" means anymore. And people don't realize their need for stories to be coldly logical would lead to a lot of shitty or boring stories...

I could go on.

I can't fault people for caring about plot, but it seems to just dominate discussion and it's just the most boring thing about stories. Id rather get into character like you said, or themes, or author intent. Anything than just "what happened last episode" ad nauseam.
But where was the Avengers when Ironman had to wipe his ass Reigun?

In other sad news

halo_nightfall_cast.0.jpeg

ReiGun

So that Naruto ending was basically saying "watch the movie, brehs."

But where was the Avengers when Ironman had to wipe his ass Reigun?

"Please waste screen time explaining where all the other Avengers were. That'll make the movie better!"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think one of my two roommates is getting the boot today. They...don't get along with each other and now it's a point of pride for both of them to never concede between each other. Sucks, but it'll probably help my dating life. Not too many women are too keen on a dude that's living with two young women.

I think one of my two roommates is getting the boot today. They...don't get along with each other and now it's a point of pride for both of them to never concede between each other. Sucks, but it'll probably help my dating life. Not too many women are too keen on a dude that's living with two young women.
Did you at least have a threesome

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
This sounds like a depressing real-life version of Three's Company.

Slayven

So that Naruto ending was basically saying "watch the movie, brehs."

"Please waste screen time explaining where all the other Avengers were. That'll make the movie better!"
Bleach will save us.

You can't keep the peace in your own home? Vince would be disappoined

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I definitely cannot keep the peace in my own home - once I tried and I got the "DON'T YOU FUCKING GET IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS" so I nope'd out of that shit. Frustrating times though.

It's not even that I saw it coming. It's just that the last two issues were...nothing. Like, everyone got married and had kids and that's it.

The most entertainment you can get out of this is watching the fanbase implode.

I know the next naruto project/series or whatever is just going to be re hash of his adventures but starring his kid, boo

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kid is a carbon copy of his pops. Kishi gonna ride this out doing as little work as possible.

Time to retell "Meeting Konohamaru!" but with different characters that are exactly the same

Village

Kid is a carbon copy of his pops. Kishi gonna ride this out doing as little work as possible.

Of course. He can now expand the narrative with doing less work.

Prepare for ultimate ninja storm future games

It woud be interesting due to prolonged sasuke exposure, his kid came out super moody.

Crocodile

*Reads Nartuo Ending*

Some SPOILERS below

Seems perfectly adequate to me *shrug* I haven't really been invested in the Naruto Universe in years though. Lots of the kids look/act way to similar too their parents to be reasonable though. More like small clones than actual children. I heard people were flipping out because Chouji married a black woman (Who is she? Was she an important character?). If true that's pathetic. I'm surprised Ino and Sai got together but what I know of Sai mostly stems from Toonami and the dude's kind of a piece of shit in the early parts off the show so *shrug*. I guess TenTen and Rock Lee got together? Who did Kiba hook up with? Did they even show Shino? LOL

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Some people just beat off in the corner alone

Village

*Reads Nartuo Ending*

Some SPOILERS below

Seems perfectly adequate to me *shrug* I haven't really been invested in the Naruto Universe in years though. Lots of the kids look/act way to similar too their parents to be reasonable though. More like small clones than actual children. I heard people were flipping out because Chouji married a black woman (Who is she? Was she an important character?). If true that's pathetic. I'm surprised Ino and Sai got together but what I know of Sai mostly stems from Toonami and the dude's kind of a piece of shit in the early parts off the show so *shrug*. I guess TenTen and Rock Lee got together? Who did Kiba hook up with? Did they even show Shino? LOL

I think he was shown first, he got lazer eyes.

Kreed

I definitely cannot keep the peace in my own home - once I tried and I got the "DON'T YOU FUCKING GET IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS" so I nope'd out of that shit. Frustrating times though.

Offer them a WWE Network subscription and make a press release "WWE Network Helps Families".

ReiGun

*Reads Nartuo Ending*

Some SPOILERS below

Shino was the teacher in the beginning. I'm guessing he and Kiba didn't get married off.

astroknight

Neo Member
*Reads Nartuo Ending*

Some SPOILERS below

The black woman was on a team to capture sasuke before the war started. All the other pairing were predictable but chouji and the black woman came from nowhere. They were never at the same place at the time.

Nakazato

Holy shit this maurry ep is the fucking best

White woman white man..... obviously half black kids

Not the father yep everyone could see that how couldn't he

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The only series I care about seeing an ending for is Berserk. Also hope to see a second television series made from it before the end. Step one, kidnap whoever is making all the idolm@ster games.

ReiGun

The only series I care about seeing an ending for is Berserk. Also hope to see a second television series made from it before the end. Step one, kidnap whoever is making all the idolm@ster games.

Dawg, you know that shit's never gonna end. Same as Hunter x Hunter.

And if they do get endings, they won't be satisfying.

strobogo

Banned
If we can talk about "safe" writing in movies again for a second, I WISH Nightcrawler had a "safe" ending. In fact, I wish it had ANY kind of ending at all. The "clever" adventure continues type ending was straight bullshit, a cop out to every single plot thread in the movie, and tainted the entire film to me. Safe can be good. Safe can bring closure. Closure is good.

So.. you plan to obtain immortality someday...

Damn HxH is never going to get the ending it's built to have.

If we can talk about "safe" writing in movies again for a second, I WISH Nightcrawler had a "safe" ending. In fact, I wish it had ANY kind of ending at all. The "clever" adventure continues type ending was straight bullshit, a cop out to every single plot thread in the movie, and tainted the entire film to me. Safe can be good. Safe can bring closure. Closure is good.

That the exact reason why I hated TLOU's ending.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
How cute. My little sister is 14 and she heard Earth Wind & Fire on the radio (After the Love is Gone) and now she's asking me about their other songs.

She's got such great taste. <3

Kreed

Obama's daughters will each have had 2 presidential terms in office before Berserk and Hunter X Hunter end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom