• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASM645_scan04.png

I perfect a shot concise review with details about gameplay and system. If it is over 5 minutes, they better have jokes or ain't shit like Giant Bomb look things.

Remind me Slayven, which issue is that?

Spider-Man Blue was alright. I like it when he's more serious :/

Good man Vince, I knew we'd save your soul yet.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Since I've steered clear of PETER PARKER for so long, what's the consensus on Gwen Stacy? He's a hell of a lot more likable without the aw shucks mentality around her from what I've seen. MJ brought out the worst in ol' Petrus.

Malyse

Since I've steered clear of PETER PARKER for so long, what's the consensus on Gwen Stacy? He's a hell of a lot more likable without the aw shucks mentality around her from what I've seen. MJ brought out the worst in ol' Petrus.
Gwen was always the best. House of M should have kept her instead of Hawkeye.

Nope, bad writers did that. I like Gwen but MJ is clearly the better character of the two.

Marvel has been trying to reverse that in recent times and are doing a pretty good job of making new Gwens who are as interesting as MJ (Ultimate and Spider-Gwen and the Spectacular Gwen are all good examples.)

The thing is, Gwen dying is too iconic for a reversal so, 616-wise anyway, it's all for naught.

Plus MJ is better.

Slayven

Remind me Slayven, which issue is that?

Good man Vince, I knew we'd save your soul yet.

Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 645 Spiderman was beating everybody.

Gwen barely had time to develop a personality. Except for Syren, Medusa, Rachel Grey, and Jackpot all Marvel Redheads are pretty shitty.

harSon

Banned
evil dead television series starring bruce campbell.

Too much shit I never thought would exist is coming into existence. It's awesome.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince, look what your thread got me feenin for, bro...

I now must have all of these things...

That thread gave me what I want, too. There are some legit nice looking gaming tees out there, but I wanted to see some deplorable, shameful things and there's definitely some in that thread as well.

Hi five for that Syren love.

I've always like MJ way better then I liked Gwen. But Gwen dying will always stand out. And evendors though it doesn't get much love, I like the take on her death in Marvels. Really liked how they portrayed her walking through the Atlantis war machines and shit.

I like reviews that tell keep me entertained. Lately haven't found 1 yet. Dropped a whole lot of YT channels because they told me absolutely nothing about the game. Just a bunch of prose and no context.

Malyse

That thread gave me what I want, too. There are some legit nice looking gaming tees out there, but I wanted to see some deplorable, shameful things and there's definitely some in that thread as well.
You reminded me; I saw a walking stereotype yesterday. Obese dude was coming out of GameStop with a massive bag of stuff, wearing a comic book t shirt at least one size too small and got in his cringe-mobile, which is covered in anime and game reference bumper stickers and a gundam? on the back window. Oh and he had a red and black furry tail attached to the back of his jeans. I was like whoa.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You reminded me; I saw a walking stereotype yesterday. Obese dude was coming out of GameStop with a massive bag of stuff, wearing a comic book t shirt at least one size too small and got in his cringe-mobile, which is covered in anime and game reference bumper stickers and a gundam? on the back window. Oh and he had a red and black furry tail attached to the back of his jeans. I was like whoa.

One of my roommates works at Gamestop, and she said a dude like that bought some Argarest special edition with a booby mousepad, brought the mousepad back for an exchange (that they couldn't do) because it burst. Gross dude probably tried to titfuck his mousepad with his disgusting micropenis.

Slayven

One of my roommates works at Gamestop, and she said a dude like that bought some Argarest special edition with a booby mousepad, brought the mousepad back for an exchange (that they couldn't do) because it burst. Gross dude probably tried to titfuck his mousepad with his disgusting micropenis.

I might be a prude or crazy, but how can you walk into a game store and order that shit straight faced?

DominoKid

fuck lmao.

Malyse

Side note: I always felt bad for the Argarest team, because those games were actually kinda interesting outside of the hurr durr sexy tiem that they threw in. I've been hoping the third game, Argarest 2 (yeah, fucking stupid numbering), would eventually hit steam. (also like all jrpgs, it should be on a portable; in this case, vita)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Side note: I always felt bad for the Argarest team, because those games were actually kinda interesting outside of the hurr durr sexy tiem that they threw in. I've been hoping the third game, Argarest 2 (yeah, fucking stupid numbering), would eventually hit steam. (also like all jrpgs, it should be on a portable; in this case, vita)

If it goes to a 1000 year old demon system, nobody's gonna actually PLAY the thing.

jWILL253

Banned
I had a customer like that come into my old Best Buy job once. Debated with me for 10 minutes about the power of the PS3, as if I didn't know jack shit about gaming. I kept getting distracted by the apparent winter storm all over his black MLP t-shirt that was caused by the dandruff in his mullet.

He ended up buying a PS3 and shook hands with me. I burned it off afterward...

Malyse

Beat Bayo 2 last night. I don't think ima bother getting all the unlocks.

Playing through smash 3ds and partially regretting buying it. It's not fun. The 3DS is only better than mobile for game controls; literally everything else on the market would be better to play this game on. So I'm just grinding out battles to unlock everything so when the real version drops, I can be a bit of a leg up. Shame too, because the design of the game is damn near perfect. Shame the 3DS is awful for this. To note, I'm on vanilla, not the XL. I'll prolly like it better when I transfer to the new 3DSXL next year.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Maybe grump/nofunallowed but I feel like I shouldn't be buying pop culture t-shirts anymore. Even though I prefer the less obvious, simplistic symbolism ones they still dominate too much of my wardrobe. Feels like I need to step my style game up. But then again I don't know anything about fashion, I'm lazy, and dislike sacrificing comfort for style. So maybe I'll just continue to cop neat cotton. Typical internal conversation right there.

jWILL253

Banned
I don't think it really matters what you wear, as long as A) you make whatever is in your wardrobe work to where it all looks stylish, and B) you aren't going too far down the rabbit hole.

Ain't nothing wrong with a Super Mario t-shirt, or a Batman snapback, but you can't be walking out the house in some mothafuckin' Pikachu ears...

Malyse

Yeah. It's like Slay has never read an Aiii post.
Or that one dude dokish(?). Oh and that cat who spead his asshole for his GF's family (that he lives with)

Some people on here scare me. Like if I found out they did some shit, wouldn't be no "was such a nice guy". I'd be "yall should have seen this coming miles away".

Mortemis

Banned

I can't.

Jesus.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
China on the cutting edge of new breakthroughs in Simp technique

I don't think it really matters what you wear, as long as A) you make whatever is in your wardrobe work to where it all looks stylish, and B) you aren't going too far down the rabbit hole.

Ain't nothing wrong with a Super Mario t-shirt, or a Batman snapback, but you can't be walking out the house in some mothafuckin' Pikachu ears...
You're right about that. I agree that confidence and owning your look accounts for a lot.
You making me want to make a retail horror/cringe story gamer edition thread.
Free Mufasa's gamestop troll thread isl the best story in recent memory. Had tons of GAF getting mad because it hit too close to home.

strobogo

Banned
Or that one dude dokish(?). Oh and that cat who spead his asshole for his GF's family (that he lives with)

Some people on here scare me. Like if I found out they did some shit, wouldn't be no "was such a nice guy". I'd be "yall should have seen this coming miles away".

What

What.

No.

Explain.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I remember the asshole one, it was some kind of "prank" the OP was trying to pull on his girlfriend. But in typical GAF style, "prank" means something ridiculously gross and stupid that somehow was justified in the OP's mind because it was based on an inside joke. OP stripped naked in his girlfriend's parent's hosue and was rubbing his ass on the rail of their staircase when the family (who was supposed to be out of town or something) walk in and find him.

Lol hell nah. Man people are crazy

jWILL253

Banned
I remember the asshole one, it was some kind of "prank" the OP was trying to pull on his girlfriend. But in typical GAF style, "prank" means something ridiculously gross and stupid that somehow was justified in the OP's mind because it was based on an inside joke. OP stripped naked in his girlfriend's parent's hosue and was rubbing his ass on the rail of their staircase when the family (who was supposed to be out of town or something) walk in and find him.

AQV9L.gif

Malyse

What.

No.

Explain.

Correction: doesn't live with them, is just over there all the time.

Well this happened
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=923179

And in that thread this happened.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=885827

I was going to post this and say it could be worse.

BUT ITS THE SAME GUY.

As for dokish:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=923512
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=911513 (that title)
Actually, I'm not going down that rabbit hole. You can go the the last page of the first thread and find all the people calling him out.

Also, iirc he's admitted to taking pictures of random Korean girls' legs and he may have been posting them in kpop GAF.

----

Also, forever pissed that tomorrow is mine didn't play more often in Bayo 2. It's trash pop perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom