• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

tumblr_neue7lzioy1r0divuv0.jpg

I THINK THE PRINCESS IS COMING BACK FOR KH3.

Fam don't let fam eat shrimp ramen.

Just rented Cod: AW and it's some fun shit. I'll pick it up at target this week, just need to think about the other two games I'll grab.

I must be petty because I hate the pistols in the game so I don't like it.

Shrimp is the only ramen I like so there

Malyse

Demi, I know you're a KH-stan, but you're gonna have to sell us a Japanese artist most of us only heard twice, at the most...

Musically, she's a genius. She's one of the most diverse artists I've heard. She can got from electropop with Passion to R&B with Time Limit to a more edgy rock sound in something like Uso Mitai na (I love you). Then there's stuff like One Night Magic and Heart Station that doesn't quite fit anything but experimental pop.

Plus there's real interesting correlation between her music and her life. When she got married, things were rather upbeat. When she got divorced, a little melancholic. She hasn't done much of anything since her mom committed suicide. I'm sad that she died, but the insatiable part of me is fascinated to see what happens to Hikki's sound. Particularly with KH3 having higher stakes and likely the darkest story this far...

Edit: or read this
http://www.takuchat.com/kingdom-heart-iii-theme-song-creator-confirmed/

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I audibly said, "Fuck this movie" in the theater. Luckily, my friend and I were the only ones in there. But about 90 minutes in I legit said that and meant it. And from the point that it made me say that, there were about another 75 minutes that were worse.

Movies this year I hated:

Nightcrawler, Interstellar, Annabelle, Hercules, Dracula Unleashed, Godzilla, Transformers, Spiderman 2, How to Train Your Dragon 2, TMNT, Ouija, This Is Where I Leave You.

Movies I thought were okay or really liked:

The Winter Soldier, GOTG, Girl Gone, John Wick, The Judge (although it would have been shitty with lesser actors), The Purge: Anarchy, 22 Jump Street, Edge of Tomorrow, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, DOFP.
Man how are you gonna hate Nightcrawler but rep Gone Girl? Shit makes no sense given your criticisms of the former can be applied to the latter.

G-Fex

I liked interstellar though Stro. I'll never watch it again probably.

I also liked TMNT.

I'm not big on Matthew Macoaheigh(sp?) though.

Anyway, reminder ishi is a bear.

Also utada is hotness and I love her songs like traveling, can you keep a secret and automatic.

strobogo

Banned
Man how are you gonna hate Nightcrawler but rep Gone Girl? Shit makes no sense given your criticisms of the former can be applied to the latter.

Because Gone Girl did everything better that Nightcrawler tried to do. They are pretty similar thematically, but Gone Girl did a better job at them, was more interesting had better acting, better cinematography, and better score. Had I not seen Gone Girl before hand, I probably would have liked Nightcrawler more. Everyone in Gone Girl was dope. Only JG and Rene Russo were quality in Nightcrawler. I would have actually rather seen a movie with Rene Russo's character as the main with JG's as the supporting. Her character was a lot more interesting to me.

Both were based on pretty heavily on fuckery twists and demonization of the media. GG did both of those much better.

According to the NYPD, Jorge Pena, 25, was charged with misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct. Kevin Gil, 21, was also charged with misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct. Danay Howard, a 21-year-old female, was charged with felony assault and disorderly conduct, and Shanique Campbell, 20, was charged with misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct.

WORLDSTAR!!!

hope it was worth it!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Because Gone Girl did everything better that Nightcrawler tried to do. They are pretty similar thematically, but Gone Girl did a better job at them, was more interesting had better acting, better cinematography, and better score. Had I not seen Gone Girl before hand, I probably would have liked Nightcrawler more. Everyone in Gone Girl was dope. Only JG and Rene Russo were quality in Nightcrawler. I would have actually rather seen a movie with Rene Russo's character as the main with JG's as the supporting. Her character was a lot more interesting to me.

Both were based on pretty heavily on fuckery twists and demonization of the media. GG did both of those much better.
I can see your point of view there. But in terms of morality and (spoiler)
letting the villains get away with fuckery and a nice, neat, consequence-free ending[/spoilers] they are both very similar. The production in Gone Girl did seem a lot higher, but I enjoyed the action in Nightcrawler more. It seemed higher octane and more edge-of-your-seat to me.

jWILL253

Banned
And now, Mr. Cosby will have to endure the experience known as the Streisand Effect.

The memes will only get much worse from here...

EDIT: Did HU ever come out with an album? All I see are singles from her...

strobogo

Banned
I can see your point of view there. But in terms of morality and (spoiler)
letting the villains get away with fuckery and a nice, neat, consequence-free ending[/spoilers] they are both very similar. The production in Gone Girl did seem a lot higher, but I enjoyed the action in Nightcrawler more. It seemed higher octane and more edge-of-your-seat to me.
I really liked JG in it. But after seeing Gone Girl, which was more intriguing and had crazier twists and turns, it was a waste to me. Like...in GG, you probably aren't going to figure out the big twist unless you've read the book. And even if you did figure out the twist, there were things after the twist you didn't see coming. In Nightcrawler, you get the entire point of the character and movie within the first scene. Nothing that happens as a big twist is shocking, because you know the character and what he's capable of from the very first scene. There aren't shocks and twists, even though you're supposed to think they are. Someone in this thread said they left 10 minutes in because they knew how the movie was going to turn out and they were right.

Nightcrawler had no arc for the main character. You got the character in the first scene. The was no evolution or even devolution of the character. And since the movie was a character study, it was pretty uninteresting to me to follow a character that doesn't change at all for 2 and a half hours. There were some great shots. JG was pretty wonderful in his role. Rene Russo was great. Maybe it was a case of trailers spoil everything to me. Since my friend gets free movies, I ended up seeing the Nightcrawler trailer about 7 times before I saw the movie, while I only saw the GG trailer once. I don't know. All I know is that I thought GG did everything 100% better than Nightcrawler.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I love Utada Hikaru. My favorite songs of hers are Heart Station, Sakura Drops, Beautiful World, Sukiyaki, Traveling, Nichiyou no Asa (Sunday Morning), Celebrate, Final Distance, Stay Gold, Goodbye Happiness, Addicted to You, Fly Me To The Moon and I'll just stop there haha. I know a few of these are remakes she's done of other artists but I adore her voice.

She and Namie Amuro were introduced to me when I was a teenager. Loved them ever since.

Malyse

I love Utada Hikaru. My favorite songs of hers are Heart Station, Sakura Drops, Beautiful World, Sukiyaki, Traveling, Nichiyou no Asa (Sunday Morning), Celebrate, Final Distance, Stay Gold, Goodbye Happiness, Addicted to You, Fly Me To The Moon and I'll just stop there haha. I know a few of these are remakes she's done of other artists but I adore her voice.

She and Namie Amuro were introduced to me when I was a teenager. Loved them ever since.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.
Come by Namie Amuro is one of my favorite songs of ever.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I like you too DD. :)

Come is a great song, but my favorites of hers are Violet Sauce, All for You, Can't Eat Can't Sleep I'm Sick, Never End, and Respect the Power of Love. Girl Talk is another great one, as is Wild.

What about Boku wa Kuma?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom