• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Since that thread is over in OT and this discussion is going to swirl into that, I wanted to ask, how do you all feel about the term " white trash".

Let them suffer. It's a class thing anyway.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lmao well damn

Hey I say bring it on. White people like me need a more level playing field. Bring on white trash. If I got a problem with it, well, welcome to the real world. I need to get used to it. Fuck it.

besada

Banned
Since that thread is over in OT and this discussion is going to swirl into that, I wanted to ask, how do you all feel about the term " white trash".

As a white folk, I don't give a fuck. I mean, on a general level, it would be nice if we could refer to each other in kinder ways, but of all the unpleasant ways in which we refer to each other, "white trash" is far from the worst.

What I do enjoy is watching white guys accuse other white guys of racism because they call yet a third group of white people white trash.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
With all the bullshit people like Besada and I have done to other races, we can deal with "white trash" - people who can't are fuckheads.

What I'm trying to say is if you're upset about the phrase white trash, you're probably a piece of shit and need some perspective.

Village

As a white folk,

imyk3zTTIy7cK.gif

I can see what you are saying,its not something I use though.

What I do enjoy is watching white guys accuse other white guys of racism because they call yet a third group of white people white trash.

That sounds interesting.

SmokyDave

With all the bullshit people like Besada and I have done to other races, we can deal with "white trash" - people who can't are fuckheads.

What I'm trying to say is if you're upset about the phrase white trash, you're probably a piece of shit and need some perspective.
I wouldn't go that far. Can't say as I particularly care myself, but it is a double standard and to acknowledge as much doesn't make someone a piece of shit. To be honest, you sound like you've got a little white guilt going on there. Well, unless you have been fucking with other races, obviously.

As an aside, I find white trash weird because it makes it sound like if you just said 'trash', nobody would think you meant white people.

"They were white trash! How weird is that?!".

Village

My greatest fear is being Slayvened.
So what is that, just Ain't Shit times 3?

Because ain't shit is just the human condition. So slay must be operating on some shit we as normal humans can't functional understand in the field of ain't shit

So what is that, just Ain't Shit times 3?

Because ain't shit is just the human condition. So slay must be operating on some shit we as normal humans can't functional understand in the field of ain't shit

So you badically comparing Slay to the BCT interpretation of Beetlejuice, Candyman, and Bloody Mary?

So what does happen if you light a candle, look in a mirror and say "Aint Shit" 3 times, does he manifest or some shit.

Malyse

So you badically comparing Slay to the BCT interpretation of Beetlejuice, Candyman, and Bloody Mary?

So what does happen if you light a candle, look in a mirror and say "Aint Shit" 3 times, does he manifest or some shit.

Naw, you get an L branded in your chest.

strobogo

Banned
White Trash are called that for a reason. They are trashy people. Being poor isn't an excuse to live and act like an animal with your nasty ass stained shirts and pants, dip hanging out of your mouth, confederate flag stickers everywhere, camo in the middle of the city, not washing your hands or brushing your teeth bullshit.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I wouldn't go that far. Can't say as I particularly care myself, but it is a double standard and to acknowledge as much doesn't make someone a piece of shit. To be honest, you sound like you've got a little white guilt going on there. Well, unless you have been fucking with other races, obviously.

As an aside, I find white trash weird because it makes it sound like if you just said 'trash', nobody would think you meant white people.

"They were white trash! How weird is that?!".
White trash is a rare term that people can immediately identify with white because of the circumstance in which it is used. Which is hilarious, because that only happens with white trash really, and has to have the obvious lead in of 'WHITE' in order for it to be a specifically Caucasian insult. Like you said, nobody would know if you just said 'trash'.

As far as racial insults go it is the tamest of the tame. Insulting someone based on their race, ethnicity or skin tone is wrong so it is by definition a double standard as you pointed out. But it doesn't bother me at all, and I do think Vince has a point. Maybe not that anyone bothered is a piece of shit, but at least in that if it bothers you to the point of feeling like you need to speak out about it and present it as a serious issue, you might need to get a little more perspective on reality.

The whole thing just reminds me of this Boondocks clip. "How can I be mad? I'm white."

Village

He manifests and starts yabbering on about comic book shit and drooling over the women you happen to be around. Flinches every time someone says DE and VO with in 5 syllable of each other, we have yet to figure out why.

He manifests and starts yabbering on about comic book shit and drooling over the women you happen to be around. Flinches every time someone says DE and VO with in 5 syllable of each other, we have yet to figure out why.

Legend has it Slay was raised in the ocean among the King Crab species but was exiled when his L's were even too strong for them to hold

Trey

Anthromorphism is tumblr's bread and butter.

There aren't a lot of things more frustrating than playing a fighting/sports/wrestling game with another person and having them completely dominate you, though. Where they just eat you alive and you can't get anything off. It's a terrible, terrible feeling. It's far worse than someone dominating you in a real sport or fight.

You've never been crossed up or banged on I see. Basketball is the ultimate humiliation and hurt feelings sport. You can get double P'd on in street fighter but that's nothing to the evisceration that is being the unfortunate soul under the rim during a two hand tomahawk off the bounce.

strobogo

Banned
Anthromorphism is tumblr's bread and butter.

You've never been crossed up or banged on I see. Basketball is the ultimate humiliation and hurt feelings sport.

I have been. I can accept someone is physically more capable than me at a sport or fighting. I can't accept some dude pushing buttons so fast and exploiting a shitty engine that I might as well not even pick up the controller.

I have been. I can accept someone is physically more capable than me at a sport or fighting. I can't accept some dude pushing buttons so fast and exploiting a shitty engine that I might as well not even pick up the controller.

Git Gud and stop blaming the game lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom