• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, the "kid" was 20 and had multiple people at gun point and said, "Today, I'm going to shoot a man just to watch him bleed. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH."

This situation is very different from other situations involving active shooters being taken into custody after standoffs.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
What the fuck. Did the car come to a complete stop? o_O The cop hopped out of the whip and shot him and looked like he was getting into cover before the driver got out.

I know he has something looking like a gun, but damn. They didn't even try to deescalate anything. Holy shit.

Where were the parents though? What kind of negligent nig, *ehem* people let their child play alone at a community center? And with a bb gun!? I've heard tales of people slain by bb guns, this child was both stupid and a child soldier, clearly.

Totally justified

------

Thread summary, I'll take my pay in unmarked bills

RedSwirl

So I'm looking through these Soviet-era posters and...

enhanced-buzz-21491-1390245813-5.jpg

enhanced-buzz-24100-1390245750-9.jpg

enhanced-buzz-14887-1390245475-16.jpg

enhanced-buzz-21490-1390244727-18.jpg

enhanced-buzz-30294-1390244771-19.jpg

enhanced-buzz-27691-1390245040-5.jpg

enhanced-buzz-15491-1390245582-3.jpg

enhanced-buzz-6619-1390245673-8.jpg

The rest at http://www.buzzfeed.com/marcjaysonc/29-astounding-soviet-propaganda-images-promoting-r-ffhg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
lol that kid didn't even get a chance to react goddamn

that shit was straight out of gtaonline

Do I need to get back into X-books?

Cyclops is the best metaphor of the "angry black man" stereotype. Half the people in the world hate him, but the most he's done is killed Xavier, helped random mutants, and said "fuck you" to the Avengers.

Pick up Uncanny and All-New.

You know when I was a kid I never understood why my Black and Hispanic friends always made sure I was the one to talk to the cops. I never understood why they begged me to call my dad when we were in trouble. Now though? I look back wondering how I never saw it.

Young Magus

Bruhs,

1.) Tales of Destiny Director's Cut is the truth.

2.) How the funk yall know so much bout comics?
Where should I start on xmen?

Slayven

And the thing is, the central concert of any literary universe - dramatic tension - means that Cyclops' current ideals are usually right. This is a world that consistently kills mutants. Even Wolverine and the X-Men, while rather fun, was a big "Cyclops is right, those kids need to know how to defend themselves" argument from beginning to end.

If you are a mutant, you are an X-Man, because eventually someone will write a story where you are hurt, maimed, or killed. And keeping Avengers and X-Men worlds apart means that the Avengers have cast a blind eye to these issues for years.

Genosha (Morrison's run), Decimation, the Reavers, the Purifers, numerous Hellfire Clubs, the actions of Osborn during Dark Reign, any number of Sentinels. Pick one.

You forgot my favorite, The Upstarts, rich folks that were bored so created a game where killing mutants netted the most points. The sick thing is the majority of members were mutants.

Imm0rt4l

Thanks for sharing Red Swirl

those cops running up on that kid looked like the plan was always to shoot the kid.

on the subject of flu shots. I haven't been sick in 3 years.

This thing about Cyclops is that this is the natural progression for his character. He was raised to understand Prof X and Magneto's view points and to come up with a better conclusion for him and his people. When this run is over I bet the actual status of the mutants in the Marvel will change. That's the road Bendis has been leading up to. I have a feeling there will be another X-Men/Avengers event but this time Cyclops is going to come out of it as the most respected hero in the Marvel universe.

im guessing its a new issue? because he was definetely nicely being told how not shit old cyclops is by corsair

Nah, was just recalling him saying something along those lines while he was still in All New. Corsair can't say shit anyway. When was the last time the dude was even in the solar system?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
This thing about Cyclops is that this is the natural progression for his character. He was raised to understand Prof X and Magneto's view points and to come up with a better conclusion for him and his people. When this run is over I bet the actual status of the mutants in the Marvel will change. That's the road Bendis has been leading up to. I have a feeling there will be another X-Men/Avengers event but this time Cyclops is going to come out of it as the most respected hero in the Marvel universe.

not if he plans on using omega mutants as scare weapons.

Nah, was just recalling him saying something along those lines while he was still in All New. Corsair can't say shit anyway. When was the last time the dude was even in the solar system?

when he got killed by vulcan

Young Magus

jWILL253

Banned
3 Black Panther comics:

1. Power, Part Two

2 & 3. The Man Without Fear (Apparently an arc that involves Daredevil.

6 Batman comics

1. Arkham Unhinged

2. Grotesk

3. Old Friends?

4. Eternal: Infernal Relations

5. Eternal: Guided by Darkness

6. Finale of the Court of Owls.

Which should I read first?

EDIT: HTOWN MAH NIGGA SWAG ME THE FUCK OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom