• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships Wimbledon, 2016 |OT| Brexit at Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchmann

The last point was probably the best.

Strange tournament. Angie didn't play well, but still hasn't lost a set.
Serena has to be extremely nervous to lose the final.

Quite like Serena these days, but now I'm hoping for another german year with both Women's Wimbledon title and euro football title going to Germany. Like 20 years ago.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
What? Raonic is more than just a servebot. I don't think you've watched him play.

He was early in his career. The last year and a bit, he's incorporated a lot more into his gameplay and is becoming increasingly adept at the net, which is nice to see, but I'm unsurprised there's remaining distaste.

Strange to say this about a Mixed Doubles match, but huge win for Heather Watson, her great returning assisting Henri Kontinen, with his devastating serve, in dispatching the defending champions Hingis and Paes in the Last 16. Hingis and Paes have won four of the last six Mixed Slams, and it was Watson and Kontinen's first match together. Should help Heather recover from her gutting loss in R1 (and prepare her for Rio Mixed with Andy Murray).

Not a good day for Hingis, mind you - knocked out of the Ladies' Doubles rather easily by Babos and Shvedova, and now out of the Mixed. Williams sisters got through a tough, high quality contest with Makarova and Vesnina and are now only two matches from the title.

Men's Doubles final is an all French clash between Herbert/Mahut and Roger-Vasselin/Benneteau.

RedAssedApe

Banned
She did a lot of things to make her unlikable. Look it up and i'm usually for the underdogs if my fave is not in it.

eh...not really. i think the people that don't want her to win are just steffie fans. similar to the men's side where people don't want rafa or joker to pass roger.

i like steffie's game more than serena's but i also want to see this again ;)

serena-williams-crip-walk.gif

Guess I can forget about a repeat of the 96' euro/wimbledon combo. :(

Nice Rothenbaum avatar. I watched Federer losing against Nadal in the final there some years ago.

I was there a previous year when Federer ended Nadal's record winning streak on clay. Good times.

LET'S FORM A PRAYER CIRCLE AGAIN

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ROGER TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

scarlet

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

s56rT0f.gif

mclem

Hoping for a long match on the Federer/Raonic front to give me a chance to get home to watch at least one match almost in full.

(Even better if it's long enough so I get to see the end of it, but that's a bit harsh on the poor guys!)

oti

Banned
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

88random

Fed is 10-0 in Wimbledon SFs with 30-1 set record, I have faith :)

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Somewhere, Roger Rabbit is growing monstrously in power.

Ark

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Yessssss

This'll go to five, for sure.

Lkr

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Agreed I haven't felt like he's had a legit chance to win a major in years. No Djokovic, at least make the final!

Ark

Honestly I'll be shocked if Federer doesn't get into the final here. Although I'm really here for the Murray game.

Hopefully I'll get home before the Murray game starts, but that depends on traffic.

Federer pretty much gifted Raonic the break with two poor forehand misses and a double fault on BP. And with Raonic's serve, one break is often unrecoverable. Hoping he can avoid such bad games in the rest of the match...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom