• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships Wimbledon, 2016 |OT| Brexit at Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.

miserable

now if only italy could beat germany tonight, but i do not think sports gods are so kind.

have faith brother Dunbar. Djoker's loss is a sign that

XDhnFMRoIUvy8.gif

MIMIC

Banned
Nice to see Sam held his nerve. As for Djokovic....eh, you can't win em all. Four in a row is just dandy :)

That Murray Millman there was just ridiculous - 5 break points before Andy won it - and only had to after losing his own serve.

Murray has been pretty dreadful under the roof - hideously high UE count.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
it has been a long time since i have been able to enjoy a grand slam wholeheartedly, but with no djokovic or nadal in the second week i am going to savour these moments. just don't let fucking raonic win.

szaromir

Banned
it has been a long time since i have been able to enjoy a grand slam wholeheartedly, but with no djokovic or nadal in the second week i am going to savour these moments. just don't let fucking raonic win.

Yup glorious, glorious development. Just feels good to have a perspective of someone else competing on the final Sunday.`

Still recovering from seeing Querrey win that TB after missing the smash and the short forehand at the start. Can't believe what I saw.

Top half is so open now. Surely Federer's best chance to win 18, but guys like Raonic and Nishikori will believe they could make a deep run. Mahut or Querrey in a Slam QF!

zero_suit

Finally checked the Djokovic result. It would have been disappointing for Querrey to lose after a rain delay. Grassray got this.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So Kyrgios and Lopez are tied at a set a piece, Gasquet is up 2-1 on Ramos-Vinolas, Pouille is up 2-1 on Del Potro, and Isner is up 2-1 on Tsonga

Dispatch

To me, when I watch Serena play now, she seems to have lost that half a step that brings her back to the pack a bit. It looks like it's rattled her a bit, too. She's beating Beck easily right now, but she's not as fierce as she used to be. She's still the GOAT, though.

Don't like to say that players choked just because they lost a close match, but Stephens really tightened up when leading 5-2 in the 3rd. Her groundstroke speed collapsed, she rolled her serves in, coughed up endless UEs and let Kuznetsova recover and control the rallies.

Chumpion

The Kremlin has dictated prototype tests of advanced sonic weaponry. In Sharapova's absence, this responsibility has fallen on Kuznetsova.

The newest sound FX is to my ears an improvement. The Sharapova scream was shrill, targeting the maximum of the human ear's sensitivity curve, but not particularly threatening.

Kuznetsova's "demon cow" version signals mental anguish on a whole new level by lowering the fundamental to a more natural frequency. It still maintains a hard edge thanks to a wide bandwidth spectrum. It will be very interesting to see how the eventual battlefield tests pan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom