• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships Wimbledon, 2016 |OT| Brexit at Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smellycat

Federer through in straights!! :)

Ties Navratilova for most GS single match wins of all time at 306

Cilic should be a very tough opponent.

Ricker

Telling you guys Cibulkova is on fire,she will be hard to beat,Radwanska played great and her defense was good as always but her 66 mph second serves killed her this time.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
How often have we seen a terrible match from somebody who pulls off a big upset?

It'd have to be really terrible to lose to Mahut. Even Isner didn't manage that
eventually

BowieZ

Banned
Anyone know where I could watch the Tomic-Pouille match online? Channel 7 (AU) isn't showing it for some reason.

Eh he lost the first set anyway. Probably best not to watch.

That's heartbreaking for Gasquet. I love Tsonga and wanted him to advance (even if he might prove a tougher test for Murray) but not like that.

Hope his back injury isn't too bad.

I'd actually favour Tsonga as a matchup for Murray vs peak Gasquet.
That's what I meant!

Unless you mean that Gasquet would be a tougher opponent for Murray in which case...ignore me!

EDIT - Krygios has basically given up now. That missed drop shot late in the first has utterly crushed him.

Time for him to get a coach?

Venus and Serena are the last Americans standing on the womens side. Just like old times. Hopefully one day the other Americans start to rise up but we've been waiting for years.

Inverdale and McEnroe commentating on the BBC were very similar.
Had to listen to the radio before I could watch sets 2 and 3 of Murray's match but I enjoyed Vassos Alexander asking Pat Cash and Tim Henman what their biggest ever fines were (given Krygios's form this tournament) and then suggesting if it was the time Henman was disqualified from Wimbledon completely...!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Berdych was pissed. It looked like he had control in that point that had to be replayed too.

Him interrupting play at 6-1 threw Vesely off his rhythm, though, so what comes around goes around.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Also, Lahyani is a great umpire, and I think goes underappreciated. The call at 8-9 was incredible in that pressure in that lighting with a top player present, absolutely great sense of judgement.

mclem

Had to listen to the radio before I could watch sets 2 and 3 of Murray's match but I enjoyed Vassos Alexander asking Pat Cash and Tim Henman what their biggest ever fines were (given Krygios's form this tournament) and then suggesting if it was the time Henman was disqualified from Wimbledon completely...!

It was the same for me (although it sounds like I got home a bit earlier than you so started watching TV earlier!); I heard the chat about Henman hitting the ball girl by accident, at least.

Also amused by Henman's huffiness over "Murray Mount"!

For my money Murray's demolition of Kyrgios was just about the best match of his career in terms of the intensity and relentless standard of play. Hardly missed a shot all match - Nadal is his prime would've been happy with 6 UEs in three sets. Kyrgios though, after he missed the volley at 5-6, 30-40 to lose the first set, completely rolled over mentally. Never believed for a moment he had a comeback in him.

One match at a time and all that, but Federer v Murray final looks very likely.

It was the same for me (although it sounds like I got home a bit earlier than you so started watching TV earlier!); I heard the chat about Henman hitting the ball girl by accident, at least.

Also amused by Henman's huffiness over "Murray Mount"!

If Scotland does indeed leave the UK after Brexit, I think Murray has mentioned he would choose to represent Scotland over England. If that happens then Henman Hill's namesake will be safe.

Kozak

Banned
Damn unlucky Tomic :(

Good Wimbledon run for the lad. A really positive, professional outing despite the slip of the tongue.

Can't say the same for Kyrgios :( He really has to learn to stop letting external factors affect his behaviour. Tomic went through the same shit to a lesser degree so I have faith.

This Pouille guy has some gas in the tank. Lets see what he can do with his momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom