• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Criterion Collection in 2017: All Fancy Movie GAF Releases Welcome!

I had only seen Suspiria once and that was on an old dvd transfer, I assume watching the Blu-ray will have the same effect that the Jaws Blu-ray did.
That JAWS transfer managed to make me feel like I'd never seen the film before and coupled with Apoc Now and Lawrence made me switch to Blus. Fucking god tier film print management.

Cleaning up NotLD with nine minutes of previously lost footage.
Hold me. Where will those nine minutes go? The movie is so tight as is. Maybe somewhere in the latter third of the film where things go really haywire for everyone? It was a revelation enough seeing the cleaned up Millenium print, I wonder what this will entail! Ohmygod I'm so excited.

Duuuude. Night of the Living Dead and Suspiria are will both be day zero buys for me. Also is the Dawn of the Dead Bluray OOP? That's one I need to own but I can't seem to find it.

Also gonna echo the love for the Jaws Bluray. They did an amazing job on it. Warms my heart that such an endlessly rewatchable movie has such a pristine way to view it.

cj_iwakura

rYbW8Nb.jpg
?

The upcoming B&N sale is going to be my first and there is a good chance I'll pick up around ten titles. Would it be in my best interest to get a B&N membership beforehand?

Ridley327

The upcoming B&N sale is going to be my first and there is a good chance I'll pick up around ten titles. Would it be in my best interest to get a B&N membership beforehand?

Free shipping is nothing to sneeze at, that's for sure. You'd also get an additional 10% off in store if you have one close by with a media department.

I've also read that I could get an addition discount by way of coupons, do you know if that's true?

They send coupons every once in a while, usually a couple 15 or 20% off one item coupons that stack with your 10% off membership. So you can get an additional 30% off some of the 50% of criterions.

Mumei

You should call them and see if they have your address right, a lot of times they will put in a typo or something and then no coupons for you.

Well, I've received e-mails since registering about my registration (including the $50 for becoming a member), so I'm guessing that that's probably not it.

Well, I've received e-mails since registering about my registration (including the $50 for becoming a member), so I'm guessing that that's probably not it.

They probably just haven't emailed a new batch of member coupons yet. Usually I get a couple 20 or 15% off coupons some time during the criterion sale.

Mumei

They probably just haven't emailed a new batch of member coupons yet. Usually I get a couple 20 or 15% off coupons some time during the criterion sale.

I'm going to hold off on making my order for at least a couple weeks, then, in the hopes that I get a batch.

XShagrath

The 20% member coupons are usually snail mailed out, so keep an eye on your mail for a little pamphlet with two coupons in it. The 15% off non-member coupons are usually good Fri-Sun of a given week. I think they come every two weeks or so by email.

I guess I'll finally get Close-Up. What a fucking bummer. Kiarostami was astounding and without a doubt one of the greatest filmmakers. Certified Copy is still in my top 5 best films of the decade thus far.

Mumei

The 20% member coupons are usually snail mailed out, so keep an eye on your mail for a little pamphlet with two coupons in it. The 15% off non-member coupons are usually good Fri-Sun of a given week. I think they come every two weeks or so by email.

I talked with a customer representative in person, and they said they'll be mailing out the card again, since a month passed without my receiving one. I don't know what the issue is. Hopefully this gets ironed out.

Also, am I correct in my understanding that the coupons apply to a single item? I could go ahead and make my purchases sooner rather than later if that is the case; I could just make an additional purchase on a particularly expensive item later once I have a coupon.

XShagrath

Also, am I correct in my understanding that the coupons apply to a single item? I could go ahead and make my purchases sooner rather than later if that is the case; I could just make an additional purchase on a particularly expensive item later once I have a coupon.
Yes, the coupons are for a single item, and single use. I usually use my two 20% off coupons in-store with the extra 10% off for membership, and then use non-member 15% with my 10% for the rest of the titles I want to pick up.

Titles are dropping on B&N.com. This code is for 20% off, it can only be used for a single item but seems to be reusable. It expires at 3AM EST tonight.

JK2F1YBNSSE8P

Ran rp

dammit :/

edit: huh... this random 15% off code just worked: 9DAWJ1Z88Z134

edit: looks like it's one time use. well, i got Three Colors for $36.

Mumei

I don't know why, but I cannot get my membership to apply to the items I have in the cart. There is an option at the bottom before I submit the order to "Apply B&N Membership & Educator Discount", but it already lists my membership number there and it still shows items at 50% off, not 60% off. I also realized that my membership discount didn't apply to a purchase I made last night. This is getting more than little irritating.

So, what gives?

Also, thanks to the people posting coupon numbers!

XShagrath

I don't know why, but I cannot get my membership to apply to the items I have in the cart. There is an option at the bottom before I submit the order to "Apply B&N Membership & Educator Discount", but it already lists my membership number there and it still shows items at 50% off, not 60% off. I also realized that my membership discount didn't apply to a purchase I made last night. This is getting more than little irritating.

So, what gives?

Also, thanks to the people posting coupon numbers!

The 10% members discount only applies to in-store purchases. For online, the benefit is free shipping.

PSY・S;209185369 said:

There's more codes coming throughout the month, the catch is that they aren't confirmed to work for movies. Reason being that there was another code that expired last night for 24% off the total amount, didn't work for movies though.

My plan is to go buy a bunch from the nearby store today and leave them unopened while keeping the receipt. If the codes for later in the month work out OK then I'll return the movies and order online. My store only keeps a single copy of each film so I don't want to take any chances.

lordxar

PSY・S;209185369 said:

This one worked for me. Just grabbed Seven Samurai and the Yojimbo & Sanjuro set. Thanks!

IronRinn

PSY・S;209185369 said:

This coupon doesn't seem to be taking 15% off. I have $80 worth of stuff and it's taking $3.00 of for me. Weird.

Edit: Duh. It's 15% off of any one item.

SeanC

Pretty much doing pre-orders online this week for the discount then going into a store this upcoming weekend. Unfortunately three pre-orders I was going to grab, Night Train to Munich, Blood Simple and McCabe and Mrs. Miller, seem to not be included in the sale.

Carnival of Souls, Touch of Zen and New World are, though. Not sure why the selectiveness. There's probably a cut-off date, but if anything it'll help me not spend hundreds of dollars.

omgkitty

Pretty much doing pre-orders online this week for the discount then going into a store this upcoming weekend. Unfortunately three pre-orders I was going to grab, Night Train to Munich, Blood Simple and McCabe and Mrs. Miller, seem to not be included in the sale.

Carnival of Souls, Touch of Zen and New World are, though. Not sure why the selectiveness. There's probably a cut-off date, but if anything it'll help me not spend hundreds of dollars.

The only preorder titles that are on sale are the ones that are releasing during the sale.

Decided to pad out my horror collection a bit more (it didn't really need it, but what can you do?).

The Brood
Videodrome
Naked Lunch
Scanners
The Innocents
Diabolique
House (77)
Repulsion
Rosemary's Baby
Eyes Without a Face
On the Waterfront (Don't Look Now was out of stock so I called an audible. I've been needing to repurchase OtW after an Amazon screw up earlier this year.)

All but the last four are blind buys, and with that I believe I'm set for a while.

Ridley327

Decided to pad out my horror collection a bit more (it didn't really need it, but what can you do?).

The Brood
Videodrome
Naked Lunch
Scanners
The Innocents
Diabolique
House (77)
Repulsion
Rosemary's Baby
Eyes Without a Face
On the Waterfront (Don't Look Now was out of stock so I called an audible. I've been needing to repurchase OtW after an Amazon screw up earlier this year.)

All but the last four are blind buys, and with that I believe I'm set for a while.

Very nice! You'll definitely have some scarring as a result of the Cronenberg films. Even Naked Lunch, which isn't a horror film by any traditional barometer, has some truly horrifying imagery in it.

Thus far, I've ordered Phoenix, Dr. Strangelove, Fantastic Planet and In a Lonely Place for immediate shipping, and put in a separate order for my July must-haves (Carnival of Souls, A Touch of Zen and The New World) for later delivery.

Shiv47

Picked up Brighter Summer Day in store today, which will probably be just about it, as Costco has already had the handful of other titles I would have gotten. Too much other stuff to watch to justify anything else.

Ran rp

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/promos/bn-promo.jsp?cid=5800001

Get 20% Off $60 or more†
†NOOK devices, NOOK Books, All LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department & Gift Cards Excluded
Expires: 07/13/2016
Online Coupon BNTROPICAL Details:

This coupon can be redeemed online at BN.com and is valid only once per customer, per billing address.

This coupon is valid from July 7, 2016 at 12:01am to July 14, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

This coupon entitles you to 20% off your order of $60 or more, while supplies last. The discount will be deducted after all other eligible discounts are applied.

Picked up Strangelove, The Manchurian Candidate, In A Lonely Place, Only Angels Have Wings, and Gilda. Got to use the bonus 10% discount code last night right before it expired, so 60% off. Also pre-ordered The New World and Touch of Zen.

Decent little pickup. I think I'll stop there since I already got the CE Return of The Living Dead and have the Female Prisoner Scorpion set coming in a few weeks too.

Just got Strangelove for today. Gonna wait until the 7th to use that BN online coupon and order The New World and 2 or 3 others.

right now I'm considering:
Cul-De-Sac
Tess
Yi Yi
Paths of Glory
The Devil's Backbone

Top Bottom