• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

LadyRiven

I'm thinking about ordering Tarzan, 101 Dalmations and Aladdin on Blu-ray from the UK. Anyone in the U.S. import these and think it's worth it?

I really, really, really want Hercules on Blu-ray but I guess it hasn't come out there either. :(

It's been a few years since I've watched Mickey's Christmas Carol, but it can't be much longer than 30-35 mintues can it? Amazon is saying 95, but that sounds way longer than I remember.

In the past, other Disney Christmas movies have been packaged with it. Maybe that's the case here?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Man so many releases this year...I hope they finish it off next year.

Honestly if you look at the numbers it's hard to imagine they wouldn't. Maybe not the package films, which I don't think will ever get a wide retail release, but for all the rest I'd say it's a done dea

Thought this would be as good a thread as any to ask. Do any of you collect Disney toys, figures and plushes? All the Monsters U plushes I want will burn my wallet. I was hoping with the recent BluRay releases we would get a few things from Emperors and Atlantis up on the Disney store, but nothing.

LadyRiven

Thought this would be as good a thread as any to ask. Do any of you collect Disney toys, figures and plushes? All the Monsters U plushes I want will burn my wallet. I was hoping with the recent BluRay releases we would get a few things from Emperors and Atlantis up on the Disney store, but nothing.

I mostly collect specific stuff, primarily anything Darkwing Duck or The Lion King. As for TLK, my favorite thing is to collect Christmas ornaments because I have a Lion King themed Christmas tree. :)

vazel

Banned
TaleSpin Vol. 3 and Gargoyles Season 2 Vol. 2 added to DMC.
hyper.gif

Fuck! I just cancelled my DMC membership last week. I'm going to email them to see if they'll reactivate it.

Seriously, can we please get the final Duck Tales and Rescue Rangers volumes? I'm holding off until those are available. (And hopefully by then, a majority of the recent BluRay releases from Mulan to Lilo will be available too)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Since no one mentioned this news over the last week or two:

- Sleeping Beauty being reprinted in Fall 2014 Diamond Edition.

- Jungle Book is the Spring 2014 Diamond Edition (which means either we're going to wait forever for Aladdin or it's just getting a ghetto release). I found this art on the Blu-Ray.com forums, but when I reverse Google searched to look for the source, no results except the Blu-Ray.com forums and even the Blu-Ray.com site doesn't have it:
8FFPjUs.png

I can find the European box art everywhere.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
I just called to cancel my latest Disney Movie Club account. This go round I spent a total of $81.80, I received ten different Blu-rays, and it came to just $8.18 for each of the following titles...

-Atlantis: The Lost Empire - Two Movie Collection
-Brother Bear - Two Movie Collection
-Castle in the Sky
-The Emperorer's New Groove - Two Movie Collection
-The Hunchback of Notre Dame - Two Movie Collection
-Lilo & Stitch Two Movie Collection
-Mulan - Two Movie Collection
-Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides 3D
-Pixar Shorts Volume 2
-Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

EDIT:

I just signed up for another round. Here are my enrollment titles this time...

I just went ahead and signed up again. Here are my enrollment titles this time...

The Aristocats
Ed Wood
Howl's Moving Castle
My Neighbor Totoro
OZ
OZ 3D
Treasure Planet

What's the trick to get the blu-rays for so cheap? I'm looking into signing up for the club right now and I don't see any Ghibli movies or Oz available as enrollment titles. Is that because I clicked a linked from my Disney Movie Rewards account?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What's the trick to get the blu-rays for so cheap? I'm looking into signing up for the club right now and I don't see any Ghibli movies or Oz available as enrollment titles. Is that because I clicked a linked from my Disney Movie Rewards account?

He uses a special enrolment code to lower his total commitment (17674B - 21.90 for 7 Blu-Rays, 2 further commitment at full price needed to finish commitment). He calls in and directly gives them code numbers for each so as to potentially trick them into giving him non-enrolment movies for enrolment (and I think he said it took him a few tries on the phone). Then he uses featured titles to fulfill his commitment which gives him either discounts or in the case of last month, two movies. 29.95 per commitment title, that's a total of 81.80 for 9 films (10 because one of the featured titles was two films). Ta-da.

Fox Mulder

I only just started to buy these on bluray, gotta love that vault.

I'm looking to get a nice collection for my sister as a baby gift, and I already missed some great stuff. At least lion king and Bambi are still in stock at amazon for good prices.

Nemesis_

So guys, been completely out of the loop. Last ordered movies were Wreck It Ralph, Monsters Inc, Hunchback, Mulan and Brother Bear.

What have I missed?

isny

napkin dispenser
I only just started to buy these on bluray, gotta love that vault.

I'm looking to get a nice collection for my sister as a baby gift, and I already missed some great stuff. At least lion king and Bambi are still in stock at amazon for good prices.

PM me if you're interested in getting some titles at a good deal. I'm willing to negotiate with someone willing to buy more than one, and I was thinking of selling some of my titles off anyway, so this would be a good excuse for me!

Roge_NES

Just joined the Disney Movie Club and got the following:

The Incredibles
Cars
Cars 2
Pixar Collection 1
Pixar Collection 2
Dumbo (Counts as commitment)

= $12.95

Now I just need to buy 2 more titles at full price, I'll probably buy Monsters University and Little Mermaid.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know why the Disney Movie Club only offers DVDs of Studio Ghibli movies instead of Blu Rays?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Does anyone know why the Disney Movie Club only offers DVDs of Studio Ghibli movies instead of Blu Rays?

The movies they offer you for dirt cheap for signing up are not the same as the movies they make available once you are a member.

AwIM0Zr.png

As you can see, all the Disney published Ghibli movies are available to members.

Since no one mentioned this news over the last week or two:

- Sleeping Beauty being reprinted in Fall 2014 Diamond Edition.

- Jungle Book is the Spring 2014 Diamond Edition (which means either we're going to wait forever for Aladdin or it's just getting a ghetto release). I found this art on the Blu-Ray.com forums, but when I reverse Google searched to look for the source, no results except the Blu-Ray.com forums and even the Blu-Ray.com site doesn't have it:
8FFPjUs.png

I can find the European box art everywhere.

They are probably holding off on Aladdin since it's the last big release on Blu-ray.

Speaking of which, what movies do they have yet to release on Blu-ray?

Honestly if you look at the numbers it's hard to imagine they wouldn't. Maybe not the package films, which I don't think will ever get a wide retail release, but for all the rest I'd say it's a done dea
I'd hope at least Ichabod and Mr. Toad will get a blu release. Sleepy Hollow is one of my favorite Disney movies

sol_bad

I'm from Australia and my credit card seemed to have worked on the Disney Movie Club site. Even though I had an American address as the credit cards billing address it still worked.I just used the American on-forwarders address.

I ordered Toy Story. Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3, Dumbo, The Incredibles, The Princess and the Frog and Mulan for $24USD.

I still need Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, The Fox and the Hound, Oliver and Company (pre-ordered), The Little Mermaid, Dinosaur, Brother Bear, Home on the Range, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons and Bolt to complete the currently released movies of Disney.

For Pixar I still need A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc and Up.

Thanks for the impressions on Meet The Robinsons.

Downhome

I never do things like this, so I feel awful for even asking. Would any of you guys have any Disney Rewards codes up for grabs? I am just 220 points away from being able to redeem a ton of points for the Fantasia sculpture that is now available, but I'm worried I wont have a chance to get enough of points by buying releases before it is sold out. If anyone is willing to help me out, just PM me. Thanks.

Downhome

I was able to get the needed points and order it, so it should be shipping soon. Here is what it is exactly...

http://www.disneyclassics.net/xq/AS...0/qx/wdcc-walt-disney-classics-collection.htm

0lHOljm.jpg

I also signed up for the Disney Movie Club again. I got the following for the normal $20.xx price...

• The Aristocats
  • Howl's Moving Castle
  • My Neighbor Totoro
  • Oz
  • Oz 3D
  • Treasure Planet
  • Winnie the Pooh (2011)

And I also ordered the current featured title for the month, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh for one of my two needed commitment titles, so I'll only have one left to buy to finish this account off.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Congrats on getting the DMC codes. Unfortunately I suspect most of the regulars in this thread are compulsive DMC hoarders (I think I've probably gotten 2000 points or so from DVDs/Blus at friends houses and asking them "do you mind if I take this paper slip? It just registers your movie with Disney and you can get like sculptures and stuff") and not able to share ahahah.

You've gotta be getting pretty close to a full set of blus at this point!

Tunic

I don't see that Fantasia sculpture on the website to redeem. Does anyone happen to have a direct link for it? Or are all of them gone?

Downhome

Congrats on getting the DMC codes. Unfortunately I suspect most of the regulars in this thread are compulsive DMC hoarders (I think I've probably gotten 2000 points or so from DVDs/Blus at friends houses and asking them "do you mind if I take this paper slip? It just registers your movie with Disney and you can get like sculptures and stuff") and not able to share ahahah.

You've gotta be getting pretty close to a full set of blus at this point!

Yeah, I figured as such but it doesn't hurt to ask, lol.

Oh yeah, I'm running out of things I need to get from the DMC. I need some new releases and soon!

I don't see that Fantasia sculpture on the website to redeem. Does anyone happen to have a direct link for it? Or are all of them gone?

It is gone, they were all gone in a matter of hours. I don't think they had many of them. They also had this Genie sculpture for just 1,800 points which was an amazing deal, but it sold out really quick as well...

AGpS2hu.jpg

Tunic

It is gone, they were all gone in a matter of hours. I don't think they had many of them. They also had this Genie sculpture for just 1,800 points which was an amazing deal, but it sold out really quick as well...

Bummer for me, congrats on getting the sculpture it looks awesome. Hopefully they can release some more of them in the future.

Yeah, I figured as such but it doesn't hurt to ask, lol.

Oh yeah, I'm running out of things I need to get from the DMC. I need some new releases and soon!

AGpS2hu.jpg

Oh wow. I didn't know the Genie sold out so quickly. I impulse bought it because I haven't spent any points in a long time and I had 7000+.

Downhome

I would like that one that much more if the lamp was laying at the end of his tale or he was coming out of it or something. As it is, it just looks off to me for some reason.

Top Bottom