• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it safe to say that I absolutely love the game. Much better first impression than Oblivion - some of the environments, are fucking beautiful.

In class now, want this shit to go quick so I can get back home! So glad I took tomorrow off...

Not to mention, the inevitable mods that will come of this will be so good. Luckily I won't have to bother with body/face mods this time around. I'm quite happy with how good things look in that regard.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Carcetti said:
For the first time ever, Steam has failed me. I can't start preload because 'servers are too busy, try again in a few hours'.

I see this being the case on and off throughout the day.

ttocs

Carcetti said:
For the first time ever, Steam has failed me. I can't start preload because 'servers are too busy, try again in a few hours'.
Try shutting down Steam and reopening. Sometimes I get that error when I think it's just my computer being dumb.

Smash88

Banned
I never asked, is there mod support like there was for Oblivion?

GasProblem said:
I'm in the Netherlands. Does the game unlock at midnight or at 1 am? I'm reading different things x_x

Whatever hours to go it says on Steam is when it unlocks.

grendelrt

AndrewDean84xX said:
Why no just get one large screen?

When a game is set up properly in eyefinity it actually expands the field of view. That shot isnt doing it, but the 3 monitor shot is. I run a 1080P 100" projector though, I love the extreme size more haha.

So is there any word on which console version to get (assuming the poor textures after HDD install on 360 get patched)? I'm getting this for my bro for Christmas and he doesn't care which version so I figured I'd get him the better one on a technical level.

Smash88 said:
I never asked, is there mod support like there was for Oblivion?

Whatever hours to go it says on Steam is when it unlocks.

"This game will unlock in approximately 7 hours"

Blegh, that would be 1~2 am? Why doesn't it release at midnight ;_ ;

HawksWinStanley said:
So is there any word on which console version to get (assuming the poor textures after HDD install on 360 get patched)? I'm getting this for my bro for Christmas and he doesn't care which version so I figured I'd get him the better one on a technical level.

this happens to me every multi-console release!

AEREC

K701 said:
IMG_0155%5B1%5D.JPG

Looks cool...but the black bars would drive me nuts.

besiktas1

HawksWinStanley said:
I need to know this as well...

Philthy

Carcetti said:

Steam also allows you to select different cities depending on your country. In the USA, I usually select MN or somewhere in the middle of nowhere and it'll let you connect and download a lot faster than a major city that is likely overloaded (Ie. Chicago, etc).

QP3

For those who are already playing:

How do the dungeons/caves feel? Do they play the same like oblivion or do they fell unique?

Orgun

Within 5 minutes of gaining control I headed in the opposite direction the game told me too and stole everything that wasnt nailed to the ground :)

Ledsen

Does anyone have a VPNsecure login to lend me? I ordered an account over 2 hours ago but I can't use it because of their problems :(

aeiko

Banned
Ledsen said:
Does anyone have a VPNsecure login to lend me? I ordered an account over 2 hours ago but I can't use it because of their problems :(

its not even worth bothering with to be honest. the servers are overloaded and i havent been able to connect for the past hour

Karak

AndrewDean84xX said:
...but those borders......
Ya on this I would have to agree. Going with my 1080p projectors far better than my multi-monitor setup. Each to their own though.

I, nerd moment here, did use my 2 720p projects for a couple games:) That was beyond sweet.

AndrewDean84xX said:
...but those borders......

Yea, I used to create high end video walls at my old job and it from a distance they're easy to ignore; but being so close might be pretty annoying. You can get really slim bezzle monitors, but they are pretty much double/triple the price.

Staab

FXAA, haven't played with the ini's too much yet, probably can get it to look better through the ATI CCC too.
Yeah some textures aren't too sharp but overall it's enjoyable.

tha_devil

What about resolution? Its 6 times 1080p? Or its just scaling the max res of the game over all the monitors (sorry am no pc gamer, so no idea how it works).

Wallach

Staab said:
FXAA, haven't played with the ini's too much yet, probably can get it to look better through the ATI CCC too.
Yeah some textures aren't too sharp but overall it's enjoyable.

Nice man. I really like FXAA, I hope it continues to gain popularity.

tha_devil said:
What about resolution? Its 6 times 1080p? Or its just scaling the max res of the game over all the monitors (sorry am no pc gamer, so no idea how it works).

Yea, I'm pretty sure the max resolution of the game is going to be way under 6x 1080p

LProtag

For some reason I'm really excited to use a bow in this game.

I usually never use a bow, especially in Elder Scrolls games. Going to try a no-magic run. Bows and swords and sneaking.

Can Nords use magic? I thought I saw something that they can only use combat and stealth. Anyone know? I always use a Nord first in ES games, but I want to try the magic.

Wallach

Proposed Law said:
Can Nords use magic? I thought I saw something that they can only use combat and stealth. Anyone know? I always use a Nord first in ES games, but I want to try the magic.

Any race can do whatever you want them to.

For those trying but failing to unlock the game via VPN, couldn't you get an Aussie to unlock it for you? I don't know how it would work though, as in the process.

Potatoheaded

Neo Member
Signed up for VPNsecure a couple of hours ago, waited on their live chat thing for ages and then finally got connected to someone, turns out their email servers are completely down.

My username and password were not being accepted so i asked to reset my password, they sent me one via email but i now cant find out what my new password is, this is driving me insane.

Are there any other reliable sites out there that offer a similar service?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Can anyone who has played the PC SKU say anything about the microstutter problem? Is it still there?

Also, if I use an AUS VPN to unlock the game, will Steam assume I have the AUS SKU of the game from that point forward? And would that present any problems with DLC/patches/etc in the future?

Cptkrush

thefil said:
Is anyone else playing a Khajit? I'm not seeing any Khajit talk on these boards. The Northern Cat look is pretty cool.
I thought about it, but ultimately decided on Dunmer, they just look so damn cool in this game.

FlyinJ said:
Can anyone who has played the PC SKU say anything about the microstutter problem? Is it still there?
I didn't notice any, but I'm not usually super sensitive to it.

FlyinJ said:
Also, if I use an AUS VPN to unlock the game, will Steam assume I have the AUS SKU of the game from that point forward? And would that present any problems with DLC/patches/etc in the future?
No, your region version comes from where you bought it. Buy it in your region, use the aussy vpn to unlock it. Doesn't change any of your files or affect DLC

Kryor

Neo Member
Does anyone wanna share their aussie VPN with me? I have a spare Portal game in steam to give away (though probably everyone has it already)

Ferrio

Banned
Orgun said:
Within 5 minutes of gaining control I headed in the opposite direction the game told me too and stole everything that wasnt nailed to the ground :)

So just like every other elder scrolls game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom