• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokk

Neo Member
Orgun said:
Within 5 minutes of gaining control I headed in the opposite direction the game told me too and stole everything that wasnt nailed to the ground :)

Someone gave me a sword to deliver to one of the Jarls. A foolish mistake.

Hmm so I've never really played any of the elder scrolls games but was a big fan of Fallout 3 & New Vegas, as well as the Witcher series, do you think this game will be a good fit for me? How's the melee combat like? Is it akin to F3 and NV minus the VATS system? Are you alway stuck in 1st person? Can you switch to 3rd person?
I'd be playing this on pc if i get it.

BrettWeir

Christ, what a shit day.

Son gets in trouble at school.
Wife wrecks car (she's ok)
Just found out a Jiu Jitsu training partner was murdered.

Seriously, today fucking SUCKS!

Need that Skyrim "escape". QQ.

Dresden

BrettWeir said:
Christ, what a shit day.

holy shit man.

BrettWeir said:
Christ, what a shit day.

n

Fuck man, so sorry. That's harsh shit. Glad your wife is ok!

rakhir

Damn, my Skyrim box is right next to me, but Steam doesn't let me install the game :/

Watching Kasavin play it is helping me cope with it, though.

froliq

Sutton Dagger said:
For those trying but failing to unlock the game via VPN, couldn't you get an Aussie to unlock it for you? I don't know how it would work though, as in the process.
That would require the person to give their steam details and having to disable steam guard.

EDIT: nvm, you probably have to download something aswell after unlocking

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
3chopl0x said:
PC version runs very inconsistently, 60FPS one second 30FPS the next, not sure what the cause is. Might be lighting.

That doesn't sound good. Is there microstutter as well? Or is that what you're describing?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So I'm watching a bit of the Kasavin stream on GB, and I just can't get over how fucking absolutely amazing the music is. I'm so excited to get my 4-CD soundtrack in!

Gah, almost time to fire this up myself!

Echoplx

FlyinJ said:
That doesn't sound good. Is there microstutter as well? Or is that what you're describing?

No microstutter, the FPS just tanks occasionally. I'll be walking through a dungeon getting 60FPS then enter a big room and bam, it drops.

3chopl0x said:
No microstutter, the FPS just tanks occasionally. I'll be walking through a dungeon getting 60FPS then enter a big room and bam, it drops.

Post your issues in the Skyrim PC thread mate. It could be a v-sync issue if you go from 60 straight to 30?

Echoplx

Sutton Dagger said:
Post your issues in the Skyrim PC thread mate. It could be a v-sync issue if you go from 60 straight to 30?

Sorry, I didn't know we had one. Have been in game the last few hours :p

I needed a midnight launch to get it early so I'm going to GS. The one near me is a flagship store in the missle of Denver. I think they are giving away that crazy statue they used to promo the game. If I win it, I promise to only use it for evil.

Any other Denver area Gaffer going to be there? I'm going early to get a ticker for line, then I'm going to break out and get some beers until it's raffle time.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Random question, the IGN mentioned the interface in PC version not being as slick.

I planned to used my 360 controller on my PC version of Skyrim.

Can anyone confirm native support? And does the interface work well with the 360 game pad?

Fitz

Oblivionmancer said:
Ugh, played 3 hours, took a break, now cannot reconnect to vpn to continue. Rage.

Can't you just put Steam into offline mode once the game is up and running and then disable the VPN?

daebo

Okay, I'm sure this has been answered in the preview 30 pages or so, but I think I've talked myself out of the PS3 version into the PC version. Is the steam pre download available now and will it switch over at midnight to let me play it then?

Potatoheaded

Neo Member
Took the plunge to try the vpntraffic thing and i still havent had an email with a password yet... Wouldnt bother trying if your desperate for it tbh.

-GOUKI-

BigTnaples said:
Random question, the IGN mentioned the interface in PC version not being as slick.

Can anyone confirm native support? And does the interface work well with the 360 game pad?
Yes it has controller support. Lol its 2011. Pretty much every PC game fully supports 360 controllers.

Salacious Crumb

Colkate said:
Can't you just put Steam into offline mode once the game is up and running and then disable the VPN?

You can, yes. The way it should be done fr anyone else wanting to try:

Connect to VPN->Open Steam->Unlock game-> close steam->disconnect from VPN->open steam in offline mode.

daebo said:
Okay, I'm sure this has been answered in the preview 30 pages or so, but I think I've talked myself out of the PS3 version into the PC version. Is the steam pre download available now and will it switch over at midnight to let me play it then?

I have preloaded and it says 11 hours til release so i would assume so

BigTnaples said:

Yeah, native 360 controller support. It's probably the best way to play the game to be honest. The only issue I have is the weapon/magic selection. Instead of Oblivions 8 way d-pad shortcuts, you have to add weapons/magic to the 'favourites' menu which you access by pressing up on the d-pad. You then have to cycle through these favourites and select it, it takes 2-3 seconds just to change weapons...Am I missing something here, it couldn't be that convoluted right?

Chris R

Well I'm officially ready for this game. Probably snowed at least 2 inches since I've arrived at work, and it is only getting worse. Almost whiteout conditions...

Might just have to call work and let them know my car is stuck in the snow, I won't be in when tomorrow comes :D

Dragnet

Anyone know if UK stores are doing midnight launches for Skyrim? I tried ringing GAME earlier but their phone system is fucked and refused to connect me to anyone. I know their Oxford store is doing it as its a big store, wondered if the smaller stores throughout the country are too.

Bliany

Potatoheaded said:
Took the plunge to try the vpntraffic thing and i still havent had an email with a password yet... Wouldnt bother trying if your desperate for it tbh.

Keep us updated. If it works for you i'm going to follow.

Ferrio

Banned
Man I'm so torn. I know the release on PC is going to be a complete mess, but I'm still interested in picking it up day 1.

Ferrio said:
Man I'm so torn. I know the release on PC is going to be a complete mess, but I'm still interested in picking it up day 1.
In the same boat here, I know if I hold off there may be some deals soon. I really want this game right now though.

Echoplx

Ferrio said:
Darkerkamikaze said:
In the same boat here, I know if I hold off there may be some deals soon. I really want this game right now though.
PC version is playable, not perfect but I just played for 3 hours with minimal issues.

bengraven

BrettWeir said:
Christ, what a shit day.

God-damn man! I have never asked for this before, but please make a thread. heh

spwbym

Neo Member
invisible chairs confirmed

RHdjn.jpg

bounchfx

Where's the indoor shadows? I thought that was one of the things we were super pumped about from the first gameplay trailer?

bomba :(

Arcipello

hang on... so i have the PC version right here.... but im not allowed to actually install it at all until tomorrow???? i was under the impression that i could get the tedious install out of the way now and when midnight hits steam just unlocks everything! its quite amazing that im not allowed to play a game that i ACTUALLY own... imagine if films or music had these crazy restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom