• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

Zeliard said:
VPN bypass working effectively for people? Quite tempted to try it when I get home from work. I really don't want to wait till midnight. :p

I am too. They should just unlock that shit anyway, the game is out in part of the world already and all the reviews are out, it shouldn't matter.

Erudite

Traced-Velocity said:
If anyone has a VPNSecure account to pass on, I could use one please.

I think their automated e-mail service is getting hammered, so I've been waiting for a key for the last 20 minutes.
For the new page.

Traced-Velocity said:
If anyone has a VPNSecure account to pass on, I could use one please.

I think their automated e-mail service is getting hammered, so I've been waiting for a key for the last 20 minutes.
The email doesn't contain a keyfile. It's an issue on their end where it doesn't assign a keyfile to your account, so it can't download anything to validate your login. Have to contact support.. and there's currently ~130 people in line.

LProtag

I have my Praxis II exam Saturday morning, then my anniversary/birthday dinner Saturday night. So glad my girlfriend decided to get this for me and that I'm not getting it until Sunday after she leaves.

I'd probably fail this test if I got it tonight at midnight.

Erudite

TheNiX said:
The email doesn't contain a keyfile. It's an issue on their end where it doesn't assign a keyfile to your account, so it can't download anything to validate your login. Have to contact support.. and there's currently ~130 people in line.
Ahh, thanks for the clarification.

Guess I'll just resume studying for midterms to pass the time.

Traced-Velocity said:
Ahh, thanks for the clarification.

Guess I'll just resume studying for midterms to pass the time.
Yeah, that's probably your best bet. I'm waiting in line and it doesn't seem like the queue actually updates, so you don't know where you are in line, just what you started at.

Xosen

Valygar said:
Yes, you just have to select the game with secondary click, properties and then choose the english voice. At least with Left4Dead and some other games it was that way.

You will be able to do something like that for sure, but I don't know if you will be able to keep spanish texts at the same time (probably yes).

I have my steam in english as default even if I'm spanish so I don't have to worry about this :p

PD: I've checked Fallout New Vegas, and if they do the same you can only select the language, not the voice/subtitles language separately :( .
Thanks! I'll try that.

kaskade

I think I might just order it. I wasn't a fan of oblivion but these reviews are great. I have 30 bucks credit on Amazon too. Someone talk me into, or out of this. I'm just worried I might not like it.

woober

Arjen said:
Mediamarkt in the Netherlands.

So I have to import?

okay%20with%20words.png

Anyone know of a good website I can import a steel case version of Skyrim from at the cheapest price?

I could use a VPN login/pass to borrow if anyone has one. I tried to register and buy one but they aren't accepting new accounts right now on vpnsecure. :(

schwall20

Banned
I find it really funny, that this HUUUGGEEE game is only 5.5 GB and yet Sonic Generations is 11 to install, I dont get how Bethesda does it.

Arjen

woober said:
So I have to import?

okay%20with%20words.png

Anyone know of a good website I can import a steel case version of Skyrim from at the cheapest price?

Where do you live?
I got an extra case, if you pay the shipping, i think i can make you happy.

pyros

ElyrionX said:
My country (Singapore) is only two goddamn hours behind Australia. Why is it unlocked for Australia but we got to wait another day? What the fuck?

I feel you bro, 23hrs to go

Einbroch

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks mods (besides solely visual/UI upgrades) take away from the experience? I tried using mods in Oblivion, they worked, but it just didn't feel right.

Dresden

Einbroch said:
Am I the only one who thinks mods (besides solely visual/UI upgrades) take away from the experience? I tried using mods in Oblivion, they worked, but it just didn't feel right.
I don't think I could have played Oblivion without OOO.

That said looking up/installing mods totally became a second game after a while though.

Esch

Banned
Einbroch said:
Yes.

Although i'll agree that there are plenty of cheesy out of place ones out there for Bethesda games that people seem to love.

i just want my aedric armor mod, oh please based akatosh

Is the level up system the same as it was in oblivion (You level up once you level any combination of your main skills to 10 or whatever) or is it different? If it is the same are we forced to try and not level up while we play, or if i want to be a thief can i actually sneak everywhere and happily level up the skill.

DangerStepp

kaskade said:
I think I might just order it. I wasn't a fan of oblivion but these reviews are great. I have 30 bucks credit on Amazon too. Someone talk me into, or out of this. I'm just worried I might not like it.
Reviews for Oblivions were also great. If you weren't a fan of it then I don't see much changing for you this go 'round; it's going to be very similar.

aeiko

Banned
so i got this for my pc. I have a xbox 360 controller laying around. Any way i can play skyrim on my pc with it wirelessly?

woober

Arjen said:
Where do you live?
I got an extra case, if you pay the shipping, i think i can make you happy.

Oh wow, I would be really happy if you could do that for me. I'd definitely pay for the shipping.

If it isn't too much trouble, could you take a pic of the steel case? I'll PM you my info.

aeiko said:
so i got this for my pc. I have a xbox 360 controller laying around. Any way i can play skyrim on my pc with it wirelessly?

You need a wireless adapter which i ordered from some site for 10 dollars but it took over a month to deliver.

Gvaz

Banned
Kritz said:
Impressions after three hours of playing, mostly exploring and mudering dudes in a cave. Absolutely no story stuff past the tutorial.
You're my favorite person. My initial opinions of the game seem to have been validated.

pyros

Einbroch said:

Choosing the right mods is an experience in itself, spent countless hours on morrowind and oblivion, trying to get the mods I wanted working right, even ended up crafting my own mods

ElyrionX said:
Hey, I remember you, fellow SG-er! Anyway, if you're inclined to, add me on Steam. My Steam ID is ElyrionX.

will do bro, thanks

the guys on the the gamespot stream were talking.. lols

"I gave [companion's name] a bow, is there any way I can ensure she uses it?"

"No, she'll use her.. uhh.. err.. free will."

"...wonderful."

I'm using the 360 controller on PC, I'm wondering something though. Switching weapons etc is a pain in the ass. I know you can set them to 'favourites' but it still takes a few seconds (which pauses the game) to switch between stuff. How can I instantly switch between my bow and flame spells?

Is it frowned upon to crack the game i payed full price for since its not out yet? I am not going to do it out of potential issues with the game / save, I am just wondering from a legal standpoint.

Man, just came back from a friend who got the game and this game is such grimdark serious business. Also it's really gray (as in not brown). Really depressing. Also, what a terrible UI for a pc game. The mouse doesn't even work in menu's (or well, you see the cursor, but you cant click on things). Also, we were probably retarded but the map didnt seem to point you towards your objective when activating side-quests, only for the main quests. Im sure that makes some people happy but i dont have enough time nor the will to track where specific npc's are supposed to be.

I guess its a nice game if you liked Morrowind/Oblivion. I'm just glad i didnt spend money on this but went for the wacky zaniness of Saints Row 3.

robin2

Well I bought it. I loved Morrowind too much to be indifferent. But if it turns out a devastating delusion as Oblivion, then I'll spell the ultimate forbidden necromantic curse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom