• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

Banned
dcarpenter85 said:
Decrypting is at 35% after 7 minutes...I could have downloaded the uncrypted game in 7 minutes on my 50mbps connection lol. So much for preloading!
Good luck getting 50mbps from Steam. o_O

Decrypting!

The fuck. Mine was stuck at 34% for like 5 minutes then finally hit 35% and is stuck again. My wife's finished in like 30 seconds. >_>

Edit: DONE! IT BEGINS!!!!! :D

Aesius

WTF! Game auto detects to High settings and 1080p, and I'm getting 3-4 FPS on the opening scene. WTF WTF WTF!

AMD Phenom II X2 550 @ 3.4 ghz
ATI 4850 512 MB
4GB DDR2 RAM

WTF WTF

JoeBoy101

Un-FUCKING-believable.

Just came back from Gamestop midnight launch. Yeah, apparently they, and all the other stores in the area did not get their PC versions today. They expect to receive them around Noon tomorrow.

And these fuckers wonder why they are losing the PC business to Steam and DD. Hell, I'm the idiot for wanting the map, else I would have just bought from Steam.

purg3

slept with Malkin
probably close to 100 people at the GS midnight sale I was at. I was out of there at 12:05am, installing now.

The Chef

*goes to amazon....track package*

Das Boot

Banned
JoeBoy101 said:
Un-FUCKING-believable.

Just came back from Gamestop midnight launch. Yeah, apparently they, and all the other stores in the area did not get their PC versions today. They expect to receive them around Noon tomorrow.

And these fuckers wonder why they are losing the PC business to Steam and DD. Hell, I'm the idiot for wanting the map, else I would have just bought from Steam.

Damn man, that's a tough break. Why the fuck would they not receive the PC copies along with the console copies?? A buddy of mine who works for Target told me they got all their copies of Skyrim this past Tuesday, including the PC version if you want to try there tomorrow morning--they likely won't sell out right away if you don't want to wait until noon.

outsida said:
YES YES YES YES!!!!
spiderman48j7zp.gif

Aeana

Aesius said:
WTF! Game auto detects to High settings and 1080p, and I'm getting 3-4 FPS on the opening scene. WTF WTF WTF!

AMD Phenom II X2 550 @ 3.4 ghz
ATI 4850 512 MB
4GB DDR2 RAM

WTF WTF
It auto-detected high and I'm getting 22-45 FPS with an Athlon II X4 3GHz, 4GB RAM and 1GB GTX 560 Ti. That's worse performance than I got with The Witcher 2 maxed out. How irritating.

-GOUKI-

Wow i just got back from the line at EB games. I was originally going to buy it there but the is literally 1000 people. Night guys i'll wait till tomorrow.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Been playing this for a couple of hours no on PC. No slow downs, and no problems so far. I'm playing on high with 8AA and 8AF and some of the sliders pushed up from default "High". My rig is an i7 920, 12GB DDR3 Ram, and 1GB 4870. So any one with a more powerful set-up should be fine. Graphics are beautiful, and the game is hands down my GOTY. Now time to go kill my first dragon.

Jibbed

Hey guys, first impressions from an over-tired student here (copied and pasted from facebook - excuse the slang and swearing, my mate can't play it 'til tomorrow night so I sent him this to make his day longer).

Level 4 Nord (yeah I have no imagination, but they look and sound freaking sweet), so far I seem to be getting good at combat/archery/block (need to get in to magic really), I've done about 3 of the main quest missions, and my dude looks like some awesome assassin with this sick helmet I found in a dragon's belly.

I'll just go ahead and list cool things I've seen/done (spoiler-free), way too much to talk about and bed is calling...

- I spent my first night cycle in Skyrim walking around a town and stressing about not being able to find a free bed (beds cost 10 coins, I had 9 lol)
- I met a manly woman mercenary who challenged me to a duel, which I repeatedly lost
- I killed a dragon, which took a liking to flinging me halfway across Skyrim if I got too close
- I caught a butterfly and ate its wings
- I forged many useless (but valuable) pieces of armour and weapons
- I met a nice lady who proceeded to make me her bitch at said forgery
- I shot a chicken with an arrow, but it seemed like it was royalty or something in Riverwood... the whole town tried to kill me
- I met 2 black guys and they were complaining about feeling unwelcome (I lol'd)
- I have a companion who, at the moment, exists solely to carry all my loot in her bottomless pockets
- I set fire to a mammoth, which took away 99% of my health in retaliation. Shortest fight ever.
- I set fire to the mammoth again, but this time a giant intervened and beat the shit out of me
- I ignored the mammoth the third time and went straight to the giant, which had a mate with him this time. Long story short, I ran like a little girl back to the nearest town thinking people would help me. They didn't, they ran too (apart from a dog which got destroyed)
- I stumbled across a cave which, no joke, had 15 giant spiders in one room. Bricks were shat.
- I spent at least 3 hours just staring at awesome-looking stuff like streams
- I shot an eagle out of the sky with an arrow, it was miles away and it was amazing

That's all I can think of right now, I'm still trying to process everything that's happened haha. One thing I'd like to highlight is the combat - IT'S FUCKING INCREDIBLE. The people who are saying it's stiff and whatnot need to do one, seriously. It's a HUGE improvement over Oblivion, and I mean like night and day... I can't think of a game that does it any better than Skyrim to be honest. Oh also, the music is awesome. And the voice acting is awesome. And the Khajit are awesome (definitely considering starting as one). And everything else is awesome.

I'm genuinely considering doing an all-nighter just to keep playing, this game has blown my mind. My body was not ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom