• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
styl3s said:
I am stuck on all my current quest because all contain magic users and i swear i must of overlooked something, i have no problem killing anything but them, they literally blast me away in 3 hits and the ice wraiths pretty much wreck me as well.

Go to that place that teaches magic(forgot the name). Theres a good spell you get for free that blocks spells IIRC

Havok

During the Forbidden Legend quest, one of the dudes with the quest item fell through the ground after he died and I can't get to him to pick it up.

halp

Rebel Leader

Havok said:
During the Forbidden Legend quest, one of the dudes with the quest item fell through the ground after he died and I can't get to him to pick it up.

halp

Load a save. Do it again. Problem should be fixed.

Something similar happened to me.

Zhaanie

Banned
Man.. I'm never becoming a fucking vampire again, biggest mistake ever. Getting that cure is causing me a ton of problems right now. Ugh.

Rebel Leader

Zhaanie said:
Man.. I'm never becoming a fucking vampire again, biggest mistake ever. Getting that cure is causing me a ton of problems right now. Ugh.

HAHA! Previous Oblivion exp taught me to not become a vampire.

Havok

Rebel Leader said:
Load a save. Do it again. Problem should be fixed.
The problem is that I came here before just randomly, killed the guy (who then fell through the floor), then left before I even had the quest. Now I discover he was vital for this big quest and that was hours ago. Bummer.

Derrick01

Banned
I traveled to Riften from Windhelm via carriage and as soon as I got there a dragon attacked. It was me, about 4 guard archers and another couple swordsmen that I could see (it was night), and a couple of horses from the stable all against the dragon. We took it down with relative ease but it felt like an epic battle.

and then as soon as it died the game exited to the desktop. I reloaded and went back and it's not there this time :(

Rebel Leader

Havok said:
The problem is that I came here before just randomly, killed the guy (who then fell through the floor), then left before I even had the quest. Now I discover he was vital for this big quest and that was hours ago. Bummer.

Damn. :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Havok said:

halp
Yeah, stuff like this can happen so I've gotten to keeping multiple save states rather than just quick saving. During one quest I used Revenant to raise a mob back up and fight for me, and he dissipated on a set of stairs so when I went to get the item it was below the level's geometry and unreachable.

Spokeys

I really hope the DLC takes us to other continents and not just some small contained area. I've been wanting to explore Elseweyr for years..but I might be asking too much with that.

I'm really wondering if these 'expansion like' DLCs will be as well, expansive as Shivering Isles was.

Rebel Leader

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Adept difficulty is pretty well balanced. If you're finding things too tough on Expert - don't assume Adept in Skyrim to be mind numbingly easy as "normal" was in Oblivion.

I actuall had to lower the difficulty from adept. I was being killed by trolls and Dragons.

I do plan to raise it up.

Zeth

This is my first TES game besides messing around a bit with Morrowind. I've been playing all after noon and I'm still shy of level 2. Will that change when I'm exposed to more combat, or am I doing it wrong?

Rebel Leader

Zeth said:
This is my first TES game besides messing around a bit with Morrowind. I've been playing all after noon and I'm still shy of level 2. Will that change when I'm exposed to more combat, or am I doing it wrong?

It will change through anything.
Lockpicking, sneaking, smithing. Can not only raise theibizar levels but your "main"(?) level

Wearing heavy or light armor give the armor you wearing exp for potential upgrades through the skills menu.
The same for single or double swords

Zeth said:

Not necessarily. There are plenty of non combat skills that will level you, though combat is the easiest way.

Realyn

Zeth said:
Level doesnt say a thing. If you wanted you could just smith some iron daggers(each gives half a level of blacksmithing for a long time). Or do alchemy and your level will skyrocket.

Antagon

Zeth said:

Check your menu. You specifically need to choose to level up once you got enough skill rankups. If you've got enough the skills option in the menu is changed into level up.

I need a little help, during some fight one of the enemy mages hit me with these ice crystal things, and they are stuck on my character is this a glitch or can I make them go away some how. Oh and if means anything I'm playing on the 360

Chris R

Another thing I'm unsure of. Do you need 5/5 or whatever of perk a to be able to learn perk b, or do you just need to be the correct level in that skill?

Realyn

littleworm said:
I need a little help, during some fight one of the enemy mages hit me with these ice crystal things, and they are stuck on my character is this a glitch or can I make them go away some how. Oh and if means anything I'm playing on the 360
My horse got a arrow up his ass. Think it was gone after restarting. Reloading didnt help.

Clegg

Can anyone help me with the first quest for the College of Winterhold.

I'm stuck at the puzzle bit.

You have to align the symbols correctly and I can't get it. I'm feeling a bit stupid tbh.

Phreaker

FlyinJ said:
How does the "Ward" spell work? It says it gives resistance to physical and magical damage, but when I cast it, it seems to be a constant drain, not a buff. Am I supposed to hold down the ward casting trigger when being attacked?

You use it like you would a shield, kind of.

About 15 hours in and feel like I've just scratched the surface. A friend and I have been in a Party pretty much the hold time we've been playing. About 1 to 2 hours in and our experiences, even in the same areas has been different. I am hooked and aside from some rough up-close textures I really think the game looks great for an open world RPG (360 version).

Question: Can you create spells in this game like you could in previous TES games?

Rebel Leader

Quikies83 said:
I'm over encumbered with a ton of dragon bone on me. Who can I sell these to??

Any general goods store (what I do).
Buy a house in Whiterun(5000 gold) to store them and other items.(this will help alot)

Chris R

Aselith said:
Correct level
Good to know, thanks. Now I'm wondering if you can use items that boost your skill level while you wear then buy a perk and still have that perk work when you remove that item and drop below the level required... I loved abusing the game like that in Morrowind :D

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Clegg said:
Can anyone help me with the first quest for the College of Winterhold.

I'm stuck at the puzzle bit.

You have to align the symbols correctly and I can't get it. I'm feeling a bit stupid tbh.
Look behind the pillars

Is there any way to open the game other than through Steam? I updated Steam and now Steam can't connect...

I hope mine wasn't one of the accounts that was hacked!? :(

Beaner

Since Skyrim save files are stored in the My Documents folder for a particular user, is it fine to use the same steam account on a different windows account (on the same computer) with a different save file, or will that screw up something achievement wise? My copy is in the mail due monday while my girlfriend has already been playing on her account, and I'd like to get a chance too while she's out!

Arol

Woah this thread is large.

I just have a quick question if anyone can help me out since I'm new to the series.

Okay.

I'm going two-handed warrior guy but in the first village I ran into a guy that trains archery. Is there going to be an issue later on if I used the trainer to level up archery and my personal level and use the perks on my 2-handed skills or other ones?

I know it may sound stupid but I'm just wondering if leveling up archery this way while I use the perks on something else will affect me. Or if leveling up this way wil have adverse effects.

Thank you.

Damn, is that
Morokei
(boss from College of Magic spoiler) hard as hell. I'm using my most powerful projectile attack (two hand fireball), and that's barely doing any damage to him at all and he one-shots me with his lighting attack. Not to mention the fact that he turns my conjurations against me. What the hell am I supposed to do to beat this guy!!

Realyn

Arol said:
Woah this thread is large.

I just have a quick question if anyone can help me out since I'm new to the series.

Okay.

I'm going two-handed warrior guy but in the first village I ran into a guy that trains archery. Is there going to be an issue later on if I used the trainer to level up archery and my personal level and use the perks on my 2-handed skills or other ones?

I know it may sound stupid but I'm just wondering if leveling up archery this way while I use the perks on something else will affect me. Or if leveling up this way wil have adverse effects.

Thank you.
No it should not.

Skyrim level system is straight forward. You can up skills yourself till level 70 or so, after that only train them. No hidden bonus stuff like in Morrowind.

Rebel Leader

RoboGeorgeForeman said:
Damn, is that
Morokei
(boss from College of Magic spoiler) hard as hell. I'm using my most powerful projectile attack (two hand fireball), and that's barely doing any damage to him at all and he one-shots me with his lighting attack. Not to mention the fact that he turns my conjurations against me. What the hell am I supposed to do to beat this guy!!

Get down, bend over, kiss your ass goodbye.

Lower the difficulty?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
NIN90 said:
Is there a big town similar to Imperial City in this game?
Only been to Whiterun so far.

Not that I've seen. Solitude is the capital but it doesn't feel any different from the other cities. Game focuses on each one having a distinct theme and its own things going on.

verbatimo

This game is seriously confusing my sleeping habits. Just in two days 22 hours playing Skyrim. I can't remember last time, when I was playing such long gaming sessions, but what can you do if game is so addicting.

Rebel Leader

EviLore said:
Not that I've seen. Solitude is the capital but it doesn't feel any different from the other cities. Game focuses on each one having a distinct theme and its own things going on.

Which isn't bad.

Amory

Man, archery is fun as hell in this game. I can't put my finger on why, but it feels so much better than in oblivion. I think in oblivion arrows basically did zero damage so I never bothered. I feel like Legolas right now

Realyn

Aselith said:
Can you save the guy from execution? Got a save game just in case lol. I tried pretty much everything, once the guy ran away I had no chance against the guards. Funny thing was they attacked me first and I got no bounty for hitting back.

LCfiner

another 5 hours today. Game is so good.

I've moved along the story line a bit but the part that came as the biggest surprise to me wasn't quest related at all.

(not sure if this is spoiler worthy)

I got vampirism by accident after fighting them in an early mission. And I hated having my stats reduced during the day and I knew I wanted to cure myself. I had already reached stage 2 and needed to get fixed before it was too late. But I had no idea how to do it so I got online and read a quick guide for who to talk to and what items to get.

Getting the soul gem to use in the procedure was a bit more of a hassle than I expected - I wanted to find some random bandits and didn't want to kill someone innocent.

And then when I finally bring the soul gem to the guy who can fix me up a random dragon showed up. But I said 'eff it, I ain't got time for this shit" and just ignored it and talked to the guy. when I was done, it turns out the village had killed the dragon on their own and then I walked by the body and got a free dragon soul just for showing up.

cool!

Anyway, I got cured and now I'm cured and can fight in the daylight again.

MrBig

LBO3w.jpg

This was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom