• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Fjordson

Papercuts said:
I keep seeing people mention Krosis...I've only seen Volsung. I hope Krosis isn't somehow harder than that motherfucker, his spell basically froze me in my place. It was also in the middle of fucking nowhere so I couldn't lure him into anything.
Krosis is an awesome fight. I went for him because his mask is perfect for my character (especially the bonus to archery).

He's the only Dragon Priest I've gone after, though, so I can't compare him to the others. Saving 'em for later. Didn't freeze me or anything like that, so he might be easier. Just high damage fireballs so keep some potions/healing handy.

NBtoaster

Mudo said:
Ok, that back button seems to open the Favorites menu and I don't see anywhere to wait. You mean the button that is normally the Select button on other controllers, right?

Yeah. By default my favorites menu was mapped to up on the d pad.

RyanDG

Papercuts said:
I keep seeing people mention Krosis...I've only seen Volsung. I hope Krosis isn't somehow harder than that motherfucker, his spell basically froze me in my place. It was also in the middle of fucking nowhere so I couldn't lure him into anything.

Krosis is the harder of the two IMO. Quite a bit harder.
Unless you have good fire resistance.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Fjordson said:
Krosis is an awesome fight. I went for him because his mask is perfect for my character (especially the bonus to archery).

He's the only Dragon Priest I've gone after, though, so I can't compare him to the others. Saving 'em for later. Didn't freeze me or anything like that, so he might be easier. Just high damage fireballs so keep some potions/healing handy.

I wasn't even aware there were 9 of them until this thread, I just randomly stumbled upon a wall and that asshole came after me, lol. I definitely prefer fireballs exploding in my face, so I look forward to murderizing him!

frozzted said:
Did you try "general" stores? IE: Belethor in Whiterun (I think that's where he is)

That's where he is, but I hit up the general store in Solitude after Whiterun. It's on the main street to the right when you walk in I do believe.

I'm loving this game. Just finished the Companions quest
where you become a werewolf.
Probably not too spoilerish but someone didn't tag and I saw it earlier in the thread and felt spoiled. Oh well, it's still awesome.

Are there any negatives to this ability?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Grady Durden said:
You can't make fun of furries without being a hypocrite.

Once upon a time game developers knew how put readable text in their video games. Then came the advent of HD and this skill was lost. I just rented this game for PS3 and it was a waste of time because the tiny crunched text is almost completely unreadable on my crt set...and reading is kinda important.

Seriously devs, test your games on a crt set and if the text is undecipherable, you fail. Try again.

Mairu

Grady Durden said:
Probably not too spoilerish but someone didn't tag and I saw it earlier in the thread and felt spoiled. Oh well, it's still awesome.

You can't get rested bonuses from sleeping, that's all that I can remember

Papercuts said:

Hes a bitch

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I got a spell book. Can I use it to learn the spell? Should I do this with every spell book I find?

NBtoaster

Where do I get more advanced spells? No one seems to sell anything above apprentice level, even in the college :\ I'm level 25 with destruction and restoration around 50 :s

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Clevinger said:
Yes and yes, unless you don't want it.

There's no limit to how many spells you can have, but you have to raise their power right?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Halycon said:
Krosis is worse than Volsung.
I was level 14 when I ran into him. Just killed my first real dragon then this dude hops out of it's anus with a magical grenade launcher.

My character is two hands/heavy armor/lulz and dropped his redguard pride to sprint back to Helgun like a sissy.

Arol

I walked into Riverwood and Faendal is dead.

Can he die that early in the game? What could of possibly of killed him?

Seems I can't even recruit the lute player as a companion either because Faendal is dead.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
How the heck do I bring up my health/stamina bar?

Pat

Fjordson said:

First time I went there I was level 6 and he burned my balls hard. I just returned (at level 27, hehehe) and I totally one-shot killed that bitch with a sneak backstab attack (x30). TAKE THAT!

Oh and I was surprised the I had to kill the dragon again. It seems they respawn when you don't read the dragon words (I could not because of Krosis).

I have a question about the lore: Esbern says Alduin is back and that means the end of the world... But I checked on TES wiki and Alduin is Akatosh for the Nords... Isn't Akatosh that saved Cyrodiil at the end of Oblivion?

krakov

Just instadied from a 10 cm fall after two epic 10+ minute fights, not OK. Game is amazing though, stupid bugs and shitty animation aside.

bengraven

What are those totems or whatever that instant-kill you when you get too close to them?

I was going up a mountain to a dragon dwelling southeast of Riften and there was one on the side of the mountain that prevented me from going up.

KingK

goddammit. I manage to make sure I don't play Skyrim at all today so that I can finish this shitty homework and study for this shitty exam, but I keep procrastinating on GAF and thinking of Skyrim. It's so hard to concentrate when I know I could be playing Skyrim right now.

Just got Skyrim on 360 from my beloved girlfriend for my birthday.

Love her for it, but she won't be hearing from me for the next week or two, *evil laugh*

Sorry, I'm really stoked and I'm at the start where you pick your race, and somehow it's managing to excite me.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Plasmid said:
You mean as in, get it bigger? When you level up you can choose health, magic or stamina to upgrade.

I mean I don't know how much health I have, the bar is not visible.

TUSR

Banned
So I accidentally found a dragon on some huge hill and I decided to kill him... Where do I sell his bones at?

Grady Durden said:

Apparently it makes you smell bad after you use it. I've had a couple of NPCs comment on it.

J-Rock

Banned
Um... what button do I press(360) to
change into the werewolf
? Nothing is working for me and I even have the
ring
. Only happened that first time. Wondering is this glitched up.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The fight music. In this game. It makes me want to somersault out my window, run into the street, and stop oncoming traffic with my fists.

Pat

Arol said:
I walked into Riverwood and Faendal is dead.

Can he die that early in the game? What could of possibly of killed him?

Seems I can't even recruit the lute player as a companion either because Faendal is dead.

There have been reports that Faendal can be dead when you go in Riverwood for the first time. No one knows why though. Might be a bug.

J-Rock said:
Um... what button do I press(360) to
change into the werewolf
? Nothing is working for me and I even have the
ring
. Only happened that first time. Wondering is this glitched up.
Should be the same as your shout button when equipped.

DY_nasty

DrForester said:
So I just started. Did first few quests.

Why does everyone say I look sick?
1 you may be poisoned

2 could be a race thing

3 what are you wearing?

bengraven

DrForester said:
So I just started. Did first few quests.

Why does everyone say I look sick?

Did you fight a wolf on the way into town? Wolves can give you rockjaw or whatever it's called. You might not notice since it's a little message in white up in the top left.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
DY_nasty said:
1 you may be poisoned

2 could be a race thing

3 what are you wearing?

There a way to know if you're poisoned? Health regens. I'm Khajiit, and wearing standard iron/steel armor.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Anyone know why my One-Handed skill would be way lower than it should be in the Skills menu? Its at 20 and in red when it should be 70 (and it registers as 70 when I go into the skill tree). I checked in the Magic menu to see if there are any negative effects and there's nothing. I tried going to a shrine to remove anything I can't see but its still in red.

DY_nasty

DrForester said:
There a way to know if you're poisoned? Health regens. I'm Khajiit, and wearing standard iron/steel armor.
Its not always just poison. Could be another status ailment. Just use a cure all potion or rest up in a bed.

Top Bottom