• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tab -> Magic -> Active Effects.

Debuffs are in red.

Wanace

Luckily none of my companions have died yet. Well, they have, I just reloaded because I don't want to lose them at this moment.

balddemon

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
Anyone know why my One-Handed skill would be way lower than it should be in the Skills menu? Its at 20 and in red when it should be 70 (and it registers as 70 when I go into the skill tree). I checked in the Magic menu to see if there are any negative effects and there's nothing. I tried going to a shrine to remove anything I can't see but its still in red.

let me google that for you :p
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111114004414AAjK3Pl
almost your exact same problem. just level up your character and it should go away

I'm kinda disappointed that they announced two pieces of DLC already. Sure they say it's bigger than the Fallout stuff, but if it was a genuine, balls-to-the-wall meaty old-school expansion pack they would not announce two of them at once.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
balddemon said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2EzfG0CuUc
she just pops drops in from the heavens. super annoying, now ysolde won't even talk to me. it's like they all think i'm a necrophiliac

It happened to me, you just need to find Ysolda again in whiterun and she forgives you pretty easily. Reset up the wedding and it won't happen.

BUT, I have no idea where Ysolda is after the wedding. Not in my whiterun house.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
My Lydia died while fighting a dwarven Gundam in her first cave expedition. She died a decoy/hero and will not be forgotten.

balddemon

Banned
Papercuts said:
It happened to me, you just need to find Ysolda again in whiterun and she forgives you pretty easily. Reset up the wedding and it won't happen.

BUT, I have no idea where Ysolda is after the wedding. Not in my whiterun house.

fantastic, will try after mcdonalds :p

my lydia died fighting those stupid alik'r guards with the curved swords. curved. swords. lucky now i got a sick
storm
atronach and that cat dude from the college.

Still confused as to why my eyes are glowing spheres. Checked if a disease or curse is affecting it, but nothing. Am I the only one who has experienced this?

UrbanRats

DrForester said:
There a way to know if you're poisoned? Health regens. I'm Khajiit, and wearing standard iron/steel armor.
There are many diseases in the game.
Go to magic/active effects, and see if you caught something.
To cure it,
simply drink a cure-all-diseases potion or even better, go to a shrine (there's a Talos shrine in Whiterun).

NBtoaster

cartoon_soldier said:
Can someone explain the "Silence" perk inside the Sneak Tree (Walking and Running does not affect detection), what does that exactly mean?

It makes the speed you move at not affect enemy awareness. Normally enemies are more aware of running players.

Izayoi

Banned
cartoon_soldier said:
Can someone explain the "Silence" perk inside the Sneak Tree (Walking and Running does not affect detection), what does that exactly mean?
It applies a permanent Muffle effect to you, regardless of the armor you're wearing.

Basically makes it impossible for people to detect you unless you step into their line of sight.

Papercuts

balddemon said:
fantastic, will try after mcdonalds :p

my lydia died fighting those stupid alik'r guards with the curved swords. curved. swords. lucky now i got a sick
storm
atronach and that cat dude from the college.

I've already lost 4 companions now, lol.

Mjoll the Lioness...I will keep you alive!

ajf009

What the hell, so far three mercenaries have been sent to kill me PLUS somebody hired the DB to send an assassin after me. Who the heck did I piss off?? I don't remember being a dick to anyone

Papercuts

ajf009 said:
What the hell, so far three mercenaries have been sent to kill me PLUS somebody hired the DB to send an assassin after me. Who the heck did I piss off?? I don't remember being a dick to anyone

Those dragons have a family ya know.

Pat

DrForester said:
So I just started. Did first few quests.

Why does everyone say I look sick?

It's nothing, the same thing happened to me. I guess they just don't have anything more interesting to say since you have done nothing yet, hehe.

Pat

cartoon_soldier said:

It's like being in sneak position without crouching.

GhaleonEB

Good lord Draugr Scourge are ridiculously tough. I'm in this cave I've been gearing up for, with my newly awesome enchanted bow, and I'm about 1/2 way through it (going by the stuff I'm collecting). It takes 2-4 arrows to kill most enemies in here, and then this thing shows up and a shot from sneak, doing 3x damage with a level 50 Archery skill boosted about 80% through perks and enchantments does...maybe 10%. And then it fires a lone arrow and one-shots me instantly.

Time to do the snipe-run-hide tactic for five minutes or so....

cartoon_soldier said:

I'm pretty sure it means there's no difference in detection when walking or running while sneaking. IE what the caps lock key does on the PC. Without it, walking extremely slowly makes less noise.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I am trying to get that golden claw, my first quest. I'm deep in a cave now, I'm feeling like I might have gone too deep, there can't be any thief alive in there, lol.

markot

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
I am trying to get that golden claw, my first quest. I'm deep in a cave now, I'm feeling like I might have gone too deep, there can't be any thief alive in there, lol.
Did you free the guy that was in the web? He had the claw! (Sure you are in the right cave?!)

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
markot said:
Did you free the guy that was in the web? He had the claw! (Sure you are in the right cave?!)

Is it deep in the cave?

I'm in the temple, the first room is really big with light shafts. Killed some people, then I went in deeper.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Ether_Snake said:
You have to go deeper, my friend.

And then when you think you've gone far enough, go deeper

markot

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Is it deep in the cave?

I'm in the temple, the first room is really big with light shafts. Killed some people, then I went in deeper.
Its kinda deep, not too deep though.

>.< im not sure, its the one up the mountain near riverwood? There is a big entrance, its the thingy that the dude points out as you are escaping helgen on the path to riverwood.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
Pat said:
It's nothing, the same thing happened to me. I guess they just don't have anything more interesting to say since you have done nothing yet, hehe.

It actually means you're diseased. Check the Active Effects tab of your magic menu. You can heal yourself by visiting a temple in one of the main cities.

Grassy

ajf009 said:

You were probably spotted by an NPC breaking into someone's home/business.

KingK

ajf009 said:

I was walking alone through a forest, when I see some Argonian running at my flailing his arms about with swords in each hand. He shows up as an enemy on my radar, so I start blasting him with fire, by the time he actually reached me, I hit him once with my sword and it went into the finishing animation where I stab him through the gut.

Turned out he was a Dark Brotherhood assassin send to kill me by someone I've never heard of lol.

Also, people keep commenting about fur...coming out of my ears.

Papercuts

I forgot about that claw! I think I'm going to pay him a visit and steal it back, I want to make a collection.

Forkball

13 hours, level 11... damn, I didn't think I'd be so into this game. I just bought the house in Whiterun. It's ugly, but it has a chest I can store dragon junk in. Speaking of that, I had my first random dragon battle. I was going to the Eldergleam Sanctuary and it did a good ol' texture pop-in in the distance. I was a bit nervous at first, but I got close enough to initiate a battle and defeated it after I chugged a few potions. It wasn't as tough as I imagined, but it was a nameless frost dragon. I absorbed the soul but one of my shout powers is still locked (some fire attack). What's the deal?

Also fun fact: if you examine the map on the second floor of Dragonreach, those places will be added to your map.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Papercuts said:
I forgot about that claw! I think I'm going to pay him a visit and steal it back, I want to make a collection.
I can't believe he puts it right on the table after you give it to him, too. Like bro, I killed your wife, you are very trusting around me!

Echoplx

markot said:
How many skills can you max out by max lvl?

Your max level is determined by your skills. so you can get every skill to 100 and reach lvl 81 I think it was.

But lvling after 50 is much harder.

Duki

Banned
Forkball said:
13 hours, level 11... damn, I didn't think I'd be so into this game. I just bought the house in Whiterun. It's ugly, but it has a chest I can store dragon junk in. Speaking of that, I had my first random dragon battle. I was going to the Eldergleam Sanctuary and it did a good ol' texture pop-in in the distance. I was a bit nervous at first, but I got close enough to initiate a battle and defeated it after I chugged a few potions. It wasn't as tough as I imagined, but it was a nameless frost dragon. I absorbed the soul but one of my shout powers is still locked (some fire attack). What's the deal?

Also fun fact: if you examine the map on the second floor of Dragonreach, those places will be added to your map.
manually unlock it in your magic->shouts menu

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Ether_Snake said:
Is it deep in the cave?

you're not deep yet at all.

Aselith

Good god, I had my favorite "holy shit!" moment that I've had my whole playing time just now. I'm stumbling through a snowstorm hunting goats for their souls while I look for a shrine I saw on my map when I look up the mountain to see THIS...

04DD7BDE35298EDA725CF75DAE51F777F5688E8E

So fucking awesome. I love this game.

Wanace

zmoney said:
Wait sorry...what was announced as DLC?
They announced that there would be 2 substantial DLC, less Fallout 3 style, more shivering isles style, they didn't give any details besides that and besides the 360 will have 30 days exclusivity.

Pollux

Cryptozoologist said:
They announced that there would be 2 substantial DLC, less Fallout 3 style, more shivering isles style, they didn't give any details besides that and besides the 360 will have 30 days exclusivity.
Oh, when I saw that they announced DLC I thought they had ANNOUNCED DLC not just confirmed that they were going to do the same type of DLC they've done for TES III and IV.

exYle

Regarding the Dragon Priest masks, does anyone know if
you have to give up all 8 masks to get the 9th, or can you keep them all?

GhaleonEB

It feels so good after looting a long, tough cave, grabbing several pieces of hugely valuable, unique loot, to then emerging from the cave to see a gorgeous vista atop a snowy mountain, at night, in a storm, my steed waiting for me.

So. Good.

-PXG-

Apparently I've been playing on Master thus entire time. No wonder the game seems so challenging. Oh, be sure to complete the Azura shrine/ Azura Star quests. That Dark Elf mage asks to be your companion. Her spells are fucking ridic. I also found out that my Lydia is still alive. She's chillin in Dragonsreach.

Top Bottom