• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

I'm loving Mercurio. I'm not sure I want to give him up unless there is someone better out there. I've given him a staff that summons deadra, a zombie staff, a fireball staff and a shocking staff. He slings spell effects all over the place.

Does he actually use different staffs at different times without your interaction? That's pretty cool if so. Just figured followers use whatever the last weapon you gave them was.

KingK

Morrowind is neutral, as is Blackmarsh. Elsweyr was taken in by the Dominion, alongside Valenwood. Highrock (and ostensibly Orsinium) remain part of the Empire. Hammerfell was left to fend for itself in the Great War, a move that left a lot of Redguards bitter towards the Empire for abndoning them. For now, they've managed to resist Dominion rule, due to the Dominion being weakened after their route at the Imperial City, and a few left-over "discharges" from the Legion who are stationed in Hammerfell, indefinitely.

Am I the only one who thinks Hammerfell is the next most likely location for a mainline TES game?

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info. It would be interesting if, in the next game, it made a Stormcloak victory cannon, and then proceeded to have the Dominion take over the rest of Tamriel from the weakened Empire and Skyrim, and there is a resistance/guerrilla war going on in the old Empire provinces against the Thalmor. Hammerfell would be a good location, but I would also be really interested to see the next game take place on the Summerset Isles, so we could see how the Thalmor operates in their homeland.

Who else ordered the physical soundtrack from DirectSong? I still haven't received mine and can't get a response from them.

I got an e-mail on Friday with a USPS tracking number. Tracking my package it shows that it departed the USPS sort facility yesterday. Hopefully I get it today or some time this week.

Cheech

Who else ordered the physical soundtrack from DirectSong? I still haven't received mine and can't get a response from them.

I preordered as soon as it became available, and mine just showed up today. It ships from WA via slow mail, so if you're on the east coast, it might be another day or two (I'm in Michigan).

Macmanus

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info. It would be interesting if, in the next game, it made a Stormcloak victory cannon, and then proceeded to have the Dominion take over the rest of Tamriel from the weakened Empire and Skyrim, and there is a resistance/guerrilla war going on in the old Empire provinces against the Thalmor. Hammerfell would be a good location, but I would also be really interested to see the next game take place on the Summerset Isles, so we could see how the Thalmor operates in their homeland.

Either setting would be great. I'd really like to see some sort of naval element added. What exactly that would be I have no idea.

That's a distinct possibility, and the Thalmor are definitely shaping up to be a major threat. That being said, I question which ending will be considered "canon". In fact, I wonder if either will be canon. When Beth allowed multiple endings in Daggerfall it fucked with the continuity in such a way that it could only be described by some esoteric lore:

http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Warp_in_the_West_(event)

...to avoid another "Warp in the West", I wonder if Beth won't simply make the outcome of Skyrim immaterial in TESVI. Perhaps the peace lasts for so short a time until the Thalmor dominate that no one will even remember who won in the first place.

Reading that just makes me sad, for some reason. I'd hate to see the world change that much. :lol

That's a distinct possibility, and the Thalmor are definitely shaping up to be a major threat. That being said, I question which ending will be considered "canon". In fact, I wonder if either will be canon. When Beth allowed multiple endings in Daggerfall it fucked with the continuity in such a way that it could only be described by some esoteric lore:

http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Warp_in_the_West_(event)

...to avoid another "Warp in the West", I wonder if Beth won't simply make the outcome of Skyrim immaterial in TESVI. Perhaps the peace lasts for so short a time until the Thalmor dominate that no one will even remember who won in the first place.
I doubt they'll pull another "Warp in the West". They'll either just use some non-specific dates on a Thalmor or Imperial victory, mention that both
Tullius and Ulfric
die somewhere close after the events of the game, and, as you say, make the ending you created be practically insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

I preordered as soon as it became available, and mine just showed up today. It ships from WA via slow mail, so if you're on the east coast, it might be another day or two (I'm in Michigan).
Well dayum, I hope mine arrive soon, too. I'm in Europe, though. How's the packaging and track listing?

EDIT: And apparently, I hadn't really confirmed my adress yet, so they probably haven't even shipped it yet. FML. :lol

I'm pretty sure Blood on The Ice is bugged for me, and it seems common. Sucks a lot. Anyone else have this problem?
Mine was bugged, but I fixed it by talking to the right people. Ultimately, the quest just updated itself to where it ought to be.
Couldn't find Wulfharth to tell him that I accused him, though, so I had to have him imprisoned. Also didn't see the second murder happen, but the dialog option with the imprisoned Wulfharth was there.

ironcreed

Banned
After over 65 hours I finally decided to go ahead and beat the main quest. Still so much to do it is making my head spin. Working on The Forbidden Treasure and the College of Winterhold right now and I still feel like I just don't want it to ever end. Thankfully there is no end in sight. Of course there are the expansions to look forward to as well. What a game.

I have a bug with the Forbidden Legends quest, I've collected all three parts of the item, but the next step of the quest hasn't activated. Didn't notice anything was wrong until I saw my brother doing the same quest. If I go to the area I need to go next in the quest can I continue it regardless?

KingK

Reading that just makes me sad, for some reason. I'd hate to see the world change that much. :lol

I would love it, lol. Maybe it's the ASoIaF fan in me, but I really like the fact that Skyrim has so much "grey" in regards to which side is in the right, and so much gritty realism, and I would love to see them continue down that line in the future.

It would be great to see the Thalmor, the real "bad guys" in Skyrim, end up winning in the future, with the next game allowing you to take part in a rebellion against their rule. And Summerset Isles could be a great setting for this, and allow Bethseda to flesh out the Thalmor rulers more, and maybe allow us to become more sympathetic towards them and question how evil they really are.

I would love it, lol. Maybe it's the ASoIaF fan in me, but I really like the fact that Skyrim has so much "grey" in regards to which side is in the right, and so much gritty realism, and I would love to see them continue down that line in the future.

It would be great to see the Thalmor, the real "bad guys" in Skyrim, end up winning in the future, with the next game allowing you to take part in a rebellion against their rule. And Summerset Isles could be a great setting for this, and allow Bethseda to flesh out the Thalmor rulers more, and maybe allow us to become more sympathetic towards them and question how evil they really are.

It sounds cool, but just not very TES-like to me. You'll have to forgive me for that, I entered the world during Oblivion, when it was all "the great and noble Empire vs the evil Daedra invaders". Even Morrowind was pretty black and white in that regard. Suddenly having everything become shades of grey would be interesting, sure, but it'd take some getting used to from me. :lol

That said, what you just noted sounds a very likely plot for a sequel. I'm wondering what they'll do with their expansion packs, though.

Hamplin

Banned
I just started playing Skyrim this weekend.
I was cautious, as i did not really care for Oblivion, but i must say this game is really awesome. It just feels more focused. I hope it stays that way, lest i get lost in an endless sidequest-loop.

KingK

It sounds cool, but just not very TES-like to me. You'll have to forgive me for that, I entered the world during Oblivion, when it was all "the great and noble Empire vs the evil Daedra invaders". Even Morrowind was pretty black and white in that regard. Suddenly having everything become shades of grey would be interesting, sure, but it'd take some getting used to from me. :lol

That said, what you just noted sounds a very likely plot for a sequel. I'm wondering what they'll do with their expansion packs, though.

I get where you're coming from. I mean, LotR is my favorite movie series, and that is very much a black and white, good guys vs. pure evil story. Those stories can be great, but I just prefer more nuanced, and less clear cut approaches to conflicts in stories, especially since reading through the Ice and Fire books last year. Both can be excellent though.

Also, Skyrim is the first ES game I've played all the way through. Never touched Morrowind (though I'm thinking about buying it on Steam at some point in the future now) and I only ever played Oblivion for like 6 hours on my friend's 360 like 4 years ago and never really got into it.

I get where you're coming from. I mean, LotR is my favorite movie series, and that is very much a black and white, good guys vs. pure evil story. Those stories can be great, but I just prefer more nuanced, and less clear cut approaches to conflicts in stories, especially since reading through the Ice and Fire books last year. Both can be excellent though.

Also, Skyrim is the first ES game I've played all the way through. Never touched Morrowind (though I'm thinking about buying it on Steam at some point in the future now) and I only ever played Oblivion for like 6 hours on my friend's 360 like 4 years ago and never really got into it.

I like the ASoIaF books, too, but I think I'm a bit burnt out on political intrigues and stuff. I just wanted a good 'ole straightforward world-saving story, and Skyrim delivered for the most part.

So I basically broke Skyrim with Alchemy/Enchanting/Smithing.

It turns out that fortify effects on gear are actually restoration effects, and so affected by fortify restoration potions. So if you have a fortify alchemy enchant on your gear you can craft progressively stronger fortify restoration potions and then follow it up by creating a fortify enchanting/smithing potion that offers insane increases.

End result: Smithing (with no perks whatsoever) a Daedric sword that hits for 4K, a glass armour set that has 10K armour, and making Enchants that end up basically making the game godmode.

Of course, I can't exactly recommend this, since killing everything in a single hit even on Master is just a little boring, but hey it's always fun to break crafting systems.

I once laid some skooma on a store owners desk. Nothing cool happened. :(

I've sold skooma to exactly one person.

A little boy who gave me information on a dwarven ruin for 1 septim. Then I asked him what was for sale, and sold him the skooma for the 1 septim. I figured, I've already got 15 daedric artifacts, I might as well go all in on evil.

bengraven

Wait, wait, wait!

Is this true?

Follow the Foxes

Skyrim’s foxes aren’t just adorable mini-wolves that don’t attack you. They’re actually guides to cool stuff, and every one will lead you to a location or secret you haven’t discovered yet if you follow it long enough. So if you run across one in your travels, maybe don’t shoot it in the head with an arrow and skin it, for once. Keep it in your line of sight and see where it goes; it’ll even stop and wait for you if you get sidetracked/attacked. Someone told me a tale of how a fox walked with her all the way to the top of the Greybeards’ mountain. Just her and the fox – battling the harsh winds and fierce snow on a lonesome quest to reach the top and find
. This might be the least likely buddy-cop comedy of the decade, but I bet it created quite the sense of isolation and camaraderie on that cold mountain.

So I basically broke Skyrim with Alchemy/Enchanting/Smithing.

It turns out that fortify effects on gear are actually restoration effects, and so affected by fortify restoration potions. So if you have a fortify alchemy enchant on your gear you can craft progressively stronger fortify restoration potions and then follow it up by creating a fortify enchanting/smithing potion that offers insane increases.

End result: Smithing (with no perks whatsoever) a Daedric sword that hits for 4K, a glass armour set that has 10K armour, and making Enchants that end up basically making the game godmode.

Of course, I can't exactly recommend this, since killing everything in a single hit even on Master is just a little boring, but hey it's always fun to break crafting systems.

No worries. Just cease what you're doing and you're all good.

HildyB

So, I left Markarth and a guy wanted to sell me a War Dog. I'm like, "oh hell yes!" So I give him 500 gold and this mangy mutt comes out o_O;

Ok, his name is Vigilance and he'll follow me to Oblivion. I'm still happy. I walk down the road just past the stables and a Dragon flys down and burns him to death. Why is Bethsoft so hateful >_<

lil smoke

Banned
bunnies have helped me find my way to paths up mountains many a time. No longer do I grind for hours trying to scale an unpassable mountainside!

Hobbun

I really wanted to play this game, but with the unfixable lag issue for the PS3, I can't justify spending the money. I was really hoping it was going to be fixed eventually.

Such a shame.

leng jai

I'm in Australia so I'll probably get mine next year...

Can you post pictures?

Well...there you go, I can't remember the time played but it's an 8.3 save file, and it just reached unplayable status. I should've just kept the fucking 360 pre-order, now I need to find a 360 used for cheap. Horrible devs.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member

I too pre-ordered the day they went up, got mine today.

Very nice soundtrack set, and it being signed it that much more cool. Can't wait to give it a listen.

Mordeccai

Wahhhh so I guess the shipping is legitimately 4-6 weeks on the soundtrack. I don't understand how the fuck it could possibly take that long to ship this stuff.

I just ordered my OST last week. I don't want to wait until January :[

Yo Gotti

Banned
Damnit.

I've leveled up so much looking for Dragon Priests that now they've become regular mob spawns. -_- Ran into 2 in just the last hour, no names with no mask drops.

Anyone know all of their locations?

moop1167

Is there a reason why if I have two spells equipped, the RMB uses my left hand, and the LMB uses my right hand? It really screws me up.

MrBig

Damnit.

I've leveled up so much looking for Dragon Priests that now they've become regular mob spawns. -_- Ran into 2 in just the last hour, no names with no mask drops.

Anyone know all of their locations?

Those are just Lichs then not, Dragon Priests.
Their locations should be listed on any wiki. Try the UESP.
One of the priests is only reachable at the end of the main quests.

Just found a mod that removes the enchantment on Thalmor robes. I think its about time I make an asshole high elf that backs the Stormcloaks so the Empire is further weakened.

Ketch

Quick questions:

Is there a bound dagger spell? What skill lvl do you need before it shows up in the stores?

AND

How do you get the house in Riften? I've already done all the thieves guild quests.

Top Bottom