• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

scy

I have a lot of Fox murdering to make up for.

Quick questions:

Is there a bound dagger spell? What skill lvl do you need before it shows up in the stores?

AND

How do you get the house in Riften? I've already done all the thieves guild quests.

There's just Bound Sword, Battleaxe, and Bow. No dagger.

As for the Riften house, you need to do quests for people in the town along with the Skooma dealer problem. Those are the quests you need to finish, not the Guild.

Elios83

Guys sorry if this has been already answered but does Bethesda plan to fix the "Purity iof Revenge" bug/glitch anytime soon?
I can't go on with my companions quests and Whiterun is locked in the same state.

Nose Master

Just realized that
Cicero
is immortal, even to your blows. So, you don't have to worry about him dying from friendly fire. Pretty neat. Now, if he would just stop running into me every five seconds.

okenny

Banned
A question for those seeking to break this fine game with overpowered enchantments...

Is the
mask
the only enchanted item in the game that fortifies carry weight? I'm trying to find an item I can destroy that fortifies carry weight.

ElyrionX

The selection of enchantable robes in this game is truly abysmal. The Thalmor have the nicest robes but they are all enchanted and don't have separately enchantable hoods. The next best option is probably Psijic robes so I'm thinking of getting a full set via the console.

TheMan

A question for those seeking to break this fine game with overpowered enchantments...

Is the
mask
the only enchanted item in the game that fortifies carry weight? I'm trying to find an item I can destroy that fortifies carry weight.

No it is not. I have a pair of enchanted orc boots that allow me to carry extra weight. Unfortunately I can't remember how I acquired them.

Just realized that
Cicero
is immortal, even to your blows. So, you don't have to worry about him dying from friendly fire. Pretty neat. Now, if he would just stop running into me every five seconds.

Good to know, I've been refraining from using my beloved Chain Lightning spell because of friendly fire. Now where can I find this fella at this point? I remember
convincing some farmer to help repair his carriage
, but I don't know where he is now?

bengraven

Is it possible to see wild werewolves? The loading screen text makes it seem like you can run into them..

I know how you feel. Every time that loading screen comes on I get excited about the concept of werewolves wandering around the tundrea or in the snowy areas after dark.

Make it happen Bethesda
modders
!!!

Is the
mask

Thieves Guild chest has that enchantment. I suppose you could sneak in and kill one of the lesser interesting characters after you finish the guild quests. Like Dirge, fuck Dirge, he's useless and has just one line.

The Thalmor have the nicest robes but they are all enchanted and don't have separately enchantable hoods.

Plus as badass as the Thalmor robes look, I don't want to look like my sworn enemies.

And yeah, once again mage players are totally getting shafted. Fuck you RPG makers.

Nose Master

Good to know, I've been refraining from using my beloved Chain Lightning spell because of friendly fire. Now where can I find this fella at this point? I remember
convincing some farmer to help repair his carriage
, but I don't know where he is now?

He's involved with the Dark Brotherhood. You have to complete the entire questline to get him. A kid in... Windhelm(?) starts the quests.

NBtoaster

Oh my...everything in Mehrunes Dagon's shrine respawns...10 gold ingots, 3 ebony ingots, a staff, two enchanted helmets, one unenchanted boots and everything in 2 chests...now..to abuse, or not to abuse :x

okenny

Banned

I've always suspected that the foxes were guiding you but I thought it was to traverse terrain so you wouldn't have to spend minutes(...hours) glitching your way over a mountain but this is just WOW! When I was getting desperate for souls while leveling up the enchanting, my morals began to erode a little as I walked down a dark path. I swore I wouldn't kill plant eaters because a deer licked my face <3 and the foxes were so damned cute. I broke down and killed chickens because I argued myself to believe they were killing poor innocent insects and I killed goats because anything that ugly, god surely wanted dead.... but the foxes... the foxes. I've wiped out entire mountain sides of wolves and bears because I saw a dead fox body near their area... and I of course refrained from looting the fox bodies because I was convinced they needed their dignity ;_;

...yes yes.. foxes, awesome!
Don't judge me!

He's involved with the Dark Brotherhood. You have to complete the entire questline to get him. A kid in... Windhelm(?) starts the quests.

I guess I'll have to roll out a new char to get him. My Dark Elf mage would never kill innocents.

Except that one time when I was still experimenting with Chain Lightning.

I can still hear him in my dreams... god... WHY WON'T THE NIGHTMARES STOP?!

Ahem. Anyway, thanks for the info.

okenny

Banned
Thieves Guild chest has that enchantment. I suppose you could sneak in and kill one of the lesser interesting characters after you finish the guild quests. Like Dirge, fuck Dirge, he's useless and has just one line.
Ugh :( I've been avoiding that quest line. I don't want to screw up the life of the orphan I helped :( What a predicament...

No it is not. I have a pair of enchanted orc boots that allow me to carry extra weight. Unfortunately I can't remember how I acquired them.

LOL, what was the legendary thief in oblivion called again? The gray mask was it? What was the carry bonus on him again? ...like +100? Hoping the boots aren't in the thief guild's chest, I'll have to look for it... hope I didn't sell it in an earlier gold farming incident :(

I've always suspected that the foxes were guiding you but I thought it was to traverse terrain so you wouldn't have to spend minutes(...hours) glitching your way over a mountain but this is just WOW! When I was getting desperate for souls while leveling up the enchanting, my morals began to erode a little as I walked down a dark path. I swore I wouldn't kill plant eaters because a deer licked my face <3 and the foxes were so damned cute. I broke down and killed chickens because I argued myself to believe they were killing poor innocent insects and I killed goats because anything that ugly, god surely wanted dead.... but the foxes... the foxes. I've wiped out entire mountain sides of wolves and bears because I saw a dead fox body near their area... and I of course refrained from looting the fox bodies because I was convinced they needed their dignity ;_;

You're like the most adorable psychopath ever.

okenny

Banned
Oh my...everything in Mehrunes Dagon's shrine respawns...10 gold ingots, 3 ebony ingots, a staff, two enchanted helmets, one unenchanted boots and everything in 2 chests...now..to abuse, or not to abuse :x

LOL! It all becomes incidental to the game after 200 hours. I practice questionable morality so when I passed 150K gold, I convinced myself I was too rich for handouts and left money when I took things that seemed like a bug!
I swear to god I feel like you're judging me as you read this ;_;

okenny

Banned
You're like the most adorable psychopath ever.

I probably shouldn't say this but
I was first person a few days ago at my home in whiterun and I found myself standing in front of Lydia in my bedroom. I was just staring at her and every few seconds she would say something to the affect of "I am your sword and shield" or "Hello my Thane" or something like that... anyways I just stared at her for like five minutes in real time while doing nothing but pondering how I wanted to protect her and how I wished I could do more to make her happy. I then took out my mace and tried to kill her for no reason. I became disgusted with myself and promptly reloaded to make sure she was okay before going to bed for the night... in reality ;_;

I probably shouldn't say this but
I was first person a few days ago at my home in whiterun and I found myself standing in front of Lydia in my bedroom. I was just staring at her and every few seconds she would say something to the affect of "I am your sword and shield" or "Hello my Thane" or something like that... anyways I just stared at her for like five minutes in real time while doing nothing but pondering how I wanted to protect her and how I wished I could do more to make her happy. I then took out my mace and tried to kill her for no reason. I became disgusted with myself and promptly reloaded to make sure she was okay before going to bed for the night... in reality ;_;

Not sure if I should laugh, but that was the funniest post I've read in awhile.

GhaleonEB

So yea after two tests the fox thing is accurate. One led me straight to an undiscovered cave, a second to undiscovered ruins. Cool as hell, wish I'd caught on earlier.

The Break of Dawn is a fantastic quest, marred by an underwhelming reward. Picked up a few thousand gold along the way, though. :lol

It's mind boggling to me that there are not lots of hugely expensive and desirable things in games like this so advanced level players have stuff to save for. An achievement for 100k gold doesn't cut it.

Got my Skyrim OST today. The Jeremy Soule signature is in gold. My Skyrim collection is complete! :)

skyrimce.jpg

I bought the soundtrack the day it was available. So everyone else who did the same should expect to get their package soon.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Those stupid-ass wolves are really killing the immersion for me. I'm supposed to be this great adventurer, one with the wild. I'm really feeling this huge profound respect for the games environments, and just eating up the landscape and the trees, and the clouds and little rabbit running just ahead of me.. but then this ugly ass wolf face has to come by and ruin it all. In WoW low level mobs like that wouldn't pull aggro or whatever. I have no idea why that happens in this game. At least make it happen rarely and let them hunt me for a while before hand. Give me a change to lose em or something.

scy

So yea after two tests the fox thing is accurate. One led me straight to an undiscovered cave, a second to undiscovered ruins. Cool as hell, wish I'd caught on earlier.

Following a few so far has led me to a bunch of Alchemy ingredients I overlooked. And then they get stuck in a rock so I killed them. In hindsight, they may just hate me what with all the fox genocide.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm not too fond of limit in choices you have in this game, was Morrowind a lot better with this?

For example in Markath
there is this untrustworthy guy that asks you to steal a gold statue from a temple. You can't tell him to fuck off or notify the priestesses about it. It just gets added to the quest log.

God damn it. There's a dragon every fucking time I go to Dawnstar. Taking it out without it killing any of the NPCs every time I go there is wearing me thin.

That and having to deal with unpredictable crashes to desktop while fighting these assholes is making me not want to play this anymore.

Luthos

I'm not too fond of limit in choices you have in this game, was Morrowind a lot better with this?

For example in Markath
there is this untrustworthy guy that asks you to steal a gold statue from a temple. You can't tell him to fuck off or notify the priestesses about it. It just gets added to the quest log.

Indeed. One thing that bugs me about the game.

If you investigate someone's dialogue options, you may get a quest that seems evil or dickish. But you either do it, or just let it sit in your quest log. You can't do anything else. =\

edit: sorry for DP

okenny

Banned
Is there anyway to fortify enchantment other than perks and potions? I have 100 level enchantment, the enchanter's elixar (+25% buff) and I'm not a elf, troll or imperial so what does this leave me with?

My problem is that I have the fortify carry weigth and even with all I have active as a Red Gaurd, the best I can get with a black soul gem is +42. I read somewhere there are dragonscale items that have +50. I know the steed stone gives +100 but I prefer the magic resistance I get from the Lord's Stone (was it?) so I can't help but to wonder if 42 the best I can get.

There doesn't seem to be anything to buff your enchantment skill either :( Am I missing something? The wiki is dense so I can't shake that there's something I'm missing...

The more I play this game the angrier I get at how absolutely terrible a job of actually finishing the product Bethesda did. I get the no error CTD like a whole slew of other PC users and the fact that I at one point crashed about every 5 minutes before restarting my desktop is ridiculous.

I've also read about the near unplayable state of the PS3 version. This is just dumb Bethesda. Fix your fucking game. It's been weeks since release.

scy

Is there anyway to fortify enchantment other than perks and potions? I have 100 level enchantment, the enchanter's elixar (+25% buff) and I'm not a elf, troll or imperial so what does this leave me with?

At best, you'll have to make due with making your own Fortify Enchanting potions. There is no Fortify Enchanting Enchant.

Also, there's no racial bonus for Enchanting, they just adjust the starting values, not the end ones.

Aesius

A few things I'm noticing after nearly 70 hours of gameplay:

- The dungeons are so fucking well done this time. Yes, there are still only a few "stock" dungeon themes, but almost all of them are unique and (somewhat) memorable. Which is a HUGE step up from Oblivion where every dungeon was horribly designed and generic as fuck. I do think the Forts are lacking pretty badly, however. On the other hand, caves seem to have the best design by far of any dungeons in the game. I've seen some truly awe-inspiring ones that are completely irrelevant to the plot and tucked away in random corners of the map.

- I don't know if it's still problems with the patch or what, but
Ancient Dragons
are a BITCH to kill. I'm level 46 with maxed out armor rating and I get my ass handed to me by them. It's nice to still have a challenge, but holy fuck. They are just downright nasty.

- The loot system sucks, for the most part. NPCs wear worthless armor and they rarely have unique/worthwhile weapons. It doesn't really matter for me at this point considering I'm rocking all Legendary Nightingale equipment, but it would be nice to see some of the higher level/important NPCs decked out in Glass/Ebony armor early on in the game to give you something to look forward to. Also, most treasure chests are worthless, even at high level. Sweet -- 40 pieces of gold, a Grand Soul Gem, Steel Plate armor, and an Ultimate Stamina potion for killing a dungeon boss? Bleh.

- Once I finish up with all of the quests and explore the rest of the map and decide I've had my fill (which I predict will happen around the 100 hour mark), I'm going to hang it up for a year or so and revisit the game then. Why? Because this game will be FUCKING AMAZING once it has been properly modded and overhauled. I love it to death already, and it has touched on/improved on virtually every complaint I had about Oblivion, but once the modders get a hold of it and we see an OOO equivalent overhaul.....damn. Just damn. I wholeheartedly believe that with a nice rebalancing (loot, perks, level ups, etc), this game can seriously be played for 100 hours easily without ever doing a single scripted quest. The playground is there. Bethesda created a great game, sure, but their greatest accomplishment is the sandbox world they left behind for the modding community.

eso76

I've wiped out entire mountain sides of wolves and bears because I saw a dead fox body near their area... and I of course refrained from looting the fox bodies because I was convinced they needed their dignity ;_;

...yes yes.. foxes, awesome!
Don't judge me!

sniff... i do the same..
in fact i just reloaded a previous auto save because i accidentally killed a fox.
i couldn't just tell myself the game doesn't care, it would be a stain on my character's biography.

had no idea they would lead you to cool stuff.

now,
Dark / Black door. What do you guys know about it ?
i am not worthy...

okenny

Banned
At best, you'll have to make due with making your own Fortify Enchanting potions. There is no Fortify Enchanting Enchant.

Also, there's no racial bonus for Enchanting, they just adjust the starting values, not the end ones.

OMG! This game is leading me down a devilish rabbit hole!

I just wanted better armor about 20 hours ago ;_; so figuring that the dragon bones must be for something... I started hoarding them then I started reading and noticed that daedric armor looked better than dragon scale but none were dropping in the game ;_; so I started leveling my smithing skills to be able to create dragonscale armor. I found out the smithing skill was a multiplier ;_; so why stop until I get to 100. I needed ebony and daedric hearts for my new armor and enhancements ;_; so I went hunting. HEY! Why don't I enchant the armor for added effects (after all, the best defense is a good defense) since my goal hear is maximum protection ;_; so I bugging to level my enchantment (seriously... if enchantment was a person? FUCK THAT GUY!). ;_; So now I'm ready to enchant my level 100 legendary armor with fortify health and fortify carry weight and it starts telling me about multipliers and shit ;_; so I find out I have to may have to make my own potion to exceed 25% buff the Enchanter's Elixir gives you ;_; so I now have to level my alchemy and max out my perk tree for that as well?
;_;

NBtoaster

Wacky dragon behaviour is getting on my nerves. There was an elder dragon outside Riften. First, it refused to land unless I
Dragonrend'd
it. If I didn't repeat that when it tried to fly away after landing it would fly over to the docks and try to burn something there, instead of fighting the things that was actually trying to kill it. I did spoiler again, and instead of coming back to the land, it flew off way in the distance to a mountain, wiggled a bit, and the game crashed. When I reloaded, it had no head or arms >_>

wackixr0v.jpg

OMG! This game is leading me down a devilish rabbit hole!

I just wanted better armor about 20 hours ago ;_; so figuring that the dragon bones must be for something... I started hoarding them then I started reading and noticed that daedric armor looked better than dragon scale but none were dropping in the game ;_; so I started leveling my smithing skills to be able to create dragonscale armor. I found out the smithing skill was a multiplier ;_; so why stop until I get to 100. I needed ebony and daedric hearts for my new armor and enhancements ;_; so I went hunting. HEY! Why don't I enchant the armor for added effects (after all, the best defense is a good defense) since my goal hear is maximum protection ;_; so I bugging to level my enchantment (seriously... if enchantment was a person? FUCK THAT GUY!). ;_; So now I'm ready to enchant my level 100 legendary armor with fortify health and fortify carry weight and it starts telling me about multipliers and shit ;_; so I find out I have to may have to make my own potion to exceed 25% buff the Enchanter's Elixir gives you ;_; so I now have to level my alchemy and max out my perk tree for that as well?
;_;

Well, you don't have to do any of that stuff for a viable character. Actually, I would recommend not doing it because it's boring as hell.

Grinchy

Banned
Instead of tweaking settings and staring at a framerate counter for hours, I decided to actually play this fucking game for real tonight! Damn, it feels good. I really like being a mage. I dabble in all the arts, but mainly CONJ and DEST I guess. I just love trying to kill enemies without using straight up DEST spells like fireballs. I also love just wandering around and finding random shit. Oh, your wife went missing? Yeah sure I'll go look for her.

okenny

Banned
Well, you don't have to do any of that stuff for a viable character. Actually, I would recommend not doing it because it's boring as hell.

I've played over 250 hours before I decided to do this foolish thing and you are absolutely right... it's a very boring way to play the game. I'm going to cut my losses... no way I'm leveling up Alchemy for this silly experiment... it has to stop somewhere... I swear if I can't do it by tomorrow then I'm gonna call it quits but it shouldn't take that long OMG DAT +50 stat buff o_O

Concept17

I had gone over 50 hours with little to no glitches in this game. Today I loaded it up to turn around and see a dragon flying in place. Upon approaching I suddenly caught fire while he 'lagged' across the sky back and forth.

10 minutes after that I was trying to shoot a snow bear's foot because it was the only part of him I could see after he decided to morph his way into the ceiling.

Anteater

fml, almost died from 1 breath from an ancient dragon, was getting on my horse when it landed right in front of me and started doing the frost breath.

And I thought I was invincible a moment ago because enemies barely does any damage :lol

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
I made a second deadric Great sword and upgraded to legendary status, with dual enchant of 27 frost damage and 10 second on soul stealing - I named it Frostmourne yeah awesome.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
fml, almost died from 1 breath from an ancient dragon, was getting on my horse when it landed right in front of me and started doing the frost breath.

And I thought I was invincible a moment ago because enemies barely does any damage :lol

You just lack magic resistance.

I learnt my lesson when I met my first ancient dragon. That fucker two shotted me with his flame breath the first time round. Now I carry an amulet and ring that stack to give me 50% magic resistance.

Rimfya

Banned
What's the best way to check if a companion died? I sent one off to attack a target and she hasn't been fast traveling with me since.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66

Yeah I fear them ancient suckers they put done fear in me. Worse on my end since the resistances are broken :/

Rorschach

Wacky dragon behaviour is getting on my nerves. There was an elder dragon outside Riften. First, it refused to land unless I
Dragonrend'd
it. If I didn't repeat that when it tried to fly away after landing it would fly over to the docks and try to burn something there, instead of fighting the things that was actually trying to kill it. I did spoiler again, and instead of coming back to the land, it flew off way in the distance to a mountain, wiggled a bit, and the game crashed. When I reloaded, it had no head or arms >_>

wackixr0v.jpg
I just had a dragon skeleton almost kill me. He killed some NPCs I needed. :|

Speaking of which... have to revert out of hours worth of gameplay because the asshole killed a shopkeep I needed. Apparently, I can't steal the item from her shop!

PS: How many of you have tried to kill the Dragon Reach Jarl's kid? Kid's a douche. Damn you, Ratings Board!

[edit] Is that elf dude that helps you out in the "Diplomatic Immunity" quest the unluckiest bastard alive? I finally get him out safely even though the idiot keeps getting in the Troll's face, but then he gets scooped up by a dragon. I barely save him and he starts running away... but then comes running back my way with 2 armed guards in tow. I kill the fuckers and turn around as he runs away hoping he just warps out of my life. Nope. Two bandits chase him back my way. Kill the bandits. BAM fucking sabertooth out of fucking nowhere. He's dead.

okenny

Banned
Yeah I fear them ancient suckers they put done fear in me. Worse on my end since the resistances are broken :/

My tank with 800+ armor and 400+ health will show that dragon whose in charge
As I conjure flame attranoch while hidden behind a tree casting close wounds on myself... I'm a lover, not a fighter ;_;

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
My tank with 800+ armor and 400+ health will show that dragon whose in charge
As I conjure flame attranoch while hidden behind a tree casting close wounds on myself... I'm a lover, not a fighter ;_;

800 armor? That's overkill. The armor cap is 577 or something. Also, armor rating does nothing to elemental damage.

EDIT: It says 567 from the wiki.

Top Bottom