• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

NBtoaster

Rebel scum.

Yeah, it happened to me too, in Honeyside. I have two glitched bookshelves there. The new patch is supposed to fix that, you know, if it ever comes out.

Didn't fix it on pc :\

I also still get Dragons that don't want to land (they do eventually with some 'motivation' but it's annoying as hell).

Socreges

Banned
I must be blind. Can't find the treasure chest for treasure map 4. Is it like really well hidden? I'm right where it should be.
Has anyone else had this problem? I can't find it either and I confirmed that I'm in the right spot by watching a youtube video. I'm standing right where the chest should be.... but no treasure.

Is it a glitch? Do I just need to return later on in the game?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Playing Master with a lvl 56 and its still easy. I wonder if its even possible to lose health with the novice difficulty.

Playing Master with a lvl 56 and its still easy. I wonder if its even possible to lose health with the novice difficulty.

That's the thing with RPG's, on level 56 most shit will probably be easy.

That said, I still get my ass kicked on Adept, level 36. This game isn't that easy as some people think it is.

Fitz

Has anyone else had this problem? I can't find it either and I confirmed that I'm in the right spot by watching a youtube video. I'm standing right where the chest should be.... but no treasure.

Is it a glitch? Do I just need to return later on in the game?

It's probably a bug, I've had the same issue on my last two characters with Treasure Map 1, I've gotten that chest before so I know I've been checking the correct spot, but it just hasn't been there.

TTG

If anyone is looking for a quest that's really abundant in loot, definitely go for the "Pieces of the Past" quest aka the one that starts when a courier delivers a pamphlet inviting you to a museum in Dawnstar.

It starts off really slow, you have to go through 2 dungeons and persuade/steal from one NPC to collect the pieces of a deadric artifact. Although, one of the dungeons is a great ruin behind Markath, one of the most beautiful ones I've seen. All fairly straight forward stuff, the fun starts when you get to the shrine. There's a total of 4 deadra that will be summoned, so obviously that means 4 hearts and up to 4 grand souls. You also get the artifact, which is nice, but you also get into the shrine. A couple of nice enchanted pieces along with a bunch of gold and a whole boatload of gold and ebony ignots AND a filled black grand soul gem. To top it off, there's a little dragon word rune around the corner, the chest drop right by it may be random, but I walked away with an enchanted ebony shield. Biggest score I've had when you put it all together.

ShinAmano

If anyone is looking for a quest that's really abundant in loot, definitely go for the "Pieces of the Past" quest aka the one that starts when a courier delivers a pamphlet inviting you to a museum in Dawnstar.

It starts off really slow, you have to go through 2 dungeons and persuade/steal from one NPC to collect the pieces of a deadric artifact. Although, one of the dungeons is a great ruin behind Markath, one of the most beautiful ones I've seen. All fairly straight forward stuff, the fun starts when you get to the shrine. There's a total of 4 deadra that will be summoned, so obviously that means 4 hearts and up to 4 grand souls. You also get the artifact, which is nice, but you also get into the shrine. A couple of nice enchanted pieces along with a bunch of gold and a whole boatload of gold and ebony ignots AND a filled black grand soul gem. To top it off, there's a little dragon word rune around the corner, the chest drop right by it may be random, but I walked away with an enchanted ebony shield. Biggest score I've had when you put it all together.

It is a good one. I used that weapon until I got a very special mace...which has now been replaced by and awesome sword.

Lakitu

st5fu
Going to install the patch and play tonight. Can't wait, I'm almost done with the game.. still have a few more dungeons to do and whatnot but I'm towards the end. Going to finish up the main quest soon.

Then I'll start my assassin / thief character mainly for the guilds I didn't do first time. Shame that Bethesda don't offer character profiles.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
The leveling for some of these skills is a little weird to me. For some skills, it almost feels like I gain less experience the better I play. Light armor for example, if I'm playing right I'm minimizing the amount of times I get hit so rarely gain any levels in it. Because of that, I get wasted instantly if someone hits me with a decent spell or I get caught up in some dragons breath. Same thing with archery. It seems to gain experience by the number of hits landed. And since I play stealthy I'm killing guys in one shot, so it's taking forever to level. Even lockpicking seems to level faster when I'm breaking picks.

I remember in Oblivion a quick way to level up your light/heavy armor was to conjure a weak monster and then attack it. It will then whale away on you with minimal health damage, causing your armor skills to go up. I'm not sure this works on Skyrim.

The other day I was on a mission to catch an escaped prisoner. He was pretty weak so I figured I'd just work on raising my blocking. As I'm doing this a random horse & goat came over and did all the dirty work. The goat was head butting him while the horse was giving him hoofs to the face. Just the sound of the goat going at him had me in tears.
So 15 seconds later the prisoner is dead without me using my weapon. lol

GhaleonEB

Just spent half an hour riding to a destination across the map. Game hard-locked in mid combat right before I got there, only my second such. I'm less than thrilled to lose all the play time.

Could be a coincidence, but my thoughts went to that patch first thing.

Merguson

Banned
You gotta find them and be the right level. Sometimes, they'll find you, but they wont obviously be Deadric.

Examples:

Dawnstar's Dream problem
Markarth's House of the Dead problem
The museum in Dawnstar
The weird kids of the Jarl of Whiterun

That's the one. Beth needs to release a digital soundtrack already.

Wait what?

I'm missing a quest about the kids of the Jarl? How do I activate this quest? I literally combed Whiterun for quests. How did I miss that?

I spent a lot of time on that post specifically hoping to avoid this reaction. :p

I'm just joking with you, you rebel scum you. ;)

Plus, you posted this:

When Tallius and company called us fools for dividing the Empire's attention, empowering the Thalmor, I couldn't help but agree. I'd felt from about midway through the war that Ulfric was misguided. I'm still sympathetic what drove the rebellion, but it was a strategic error. Plus, the Stormcloaks are racist motherfuckers. I don't roll that way. I'm looking forward to seeing the Imperial side of things, and am impressed with Bethesda for making the civil war story not be a tale of black/white, good/evil.

Speaking of the Thalmor, do I ever get a chance to crush those dudes? I know they're the real enemy, and I'd like to do them some grave damage.
So you're okay in my book. If still a bit rebel scummy.

I'm at about level 23 and really enjoying the game so far, but raided a tomb on the way to Solitude and realized my irritating housecarl Lydia had died somewhere in the middle of the tomb. Her sarcastic "I am SWORN to carry your burdens" was so obnoxious that I'm happy she's dead and that Faendal guy seems like a good substitute (we went back to plunder her corpse).

My question is, does Lydia matter? Any reason I should load my game just before she croaked and continue on with her instead of this shady elf guy? Good riddance to bad rubbish? I've only made about an hours progress since her demise.

GhaleonEB

I'm just joking with you, you rebel scum you. ;)

Bear in mind that by the end of the quest line, I no longer liked the Stormcloaks, and thought they had the wrong of it.

Edit: fair enough. :p

Anyone know about Labyrnthian? Is it tied to a quest or should I do a big loot dump and head in?

Anyone know about Labyrnthian? Is it tied to a quest or should I do a big loot dump and head in?

Part of a quest. You'll get sent there eventually, although scouting around ahead of time isn't bad either. ;)

Also, you asked about the Thalmor. I kill them when ever I can. Not sure if there is a part of the story that takes you directly against them, but ever since I
raided their embassy
I've gone out of my way to make sure they die.

Mik2121

Uhm... for some reason now when I try to load Skyrim, the

"Preparing to launch The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim..."

window stays there all the time and it just doesn't load (or doesn't seem to be loading, anyway). What the hell is going on? I let it stay there for the last 5 minutes and it doesn't work :(

Uhm... for some reason now when I try to load Skyrim, the

"Preparing to launch The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim..."

window stays there all the time and it just doesn't load (or doesn't seem to be loading, anyway). What the hell is going on? I let it stay there for the last 5 minutes and it doesn't work :(

Steam is being lame. You can try rebooting.

Bear in mind that by the end of the quest line, I no longer liked the Stormcloaks, and thought they had the wrong of it.

Edit: fair enough. :p

qvrzpmdhe.gif

There's a part of the Labyrinthian you can only explore when you're doing the final Mages Guild quests, I think. It sucks, because the final Dragon Priest Wulf needed was hiding there. Now he'll never get that awesome 9th mask. :(

I also decided to introduce dragons into the world with Sul now, so I'm temporarily going out of character to do so. :lol

Speaking of the Thalmor, they really hate Sul. I was heading towards Whiterun when a group of Justiciars bearing a bounty letter with my name on it attacked me. Which is weird, because I only killed like one or two of their parties, whereas Wulf slaughtered them whenever he could and never got any to come after him. :lol

So the CFA Exam gods finally had enough of my time spent with Skyrim. 95 hours in, +1000 in armor and attack, ready to meet the Greybeards... my launch 60gb PS3 dies, probably along with my savefile (no backup).

I took it as a sign to not buy a PS3 until after next June, after my exam. By then I'll get the PC version and mod the hell out of it.

That last ride on my horse up the mountains was glorious too :`(

Barrett2

Im' rolling deep in these College of Winterhold quests. Currently on Revealing the Unseen, chasing the Staff of Magnus. My god, these individual dungeons are HUGE! I'm so glad I hit the College early on, really enjoying everything about the college so far.

Also had my first really crazy dragon fight today. I was trying to sneak past a giant, dragon swoops down, the giant begins fleeing. Dragon and he start going at it, I hide behind a tree and blast the dragon with electricity until it dies. I sneak over to the dragon to loot it, as soon as im' done and am about to sneak away, BOOM, giant takes a huge club at Lydia, drops her, but doesn't kill her. The giant is then chasing me in circles as I run around a boulder blasting him til he dies.... THEN the giant's goddamn wooly mammoth heard gets involved, and again im' running circles around a boulder until I killed the damn thing. Awesome.

LiK

Im' rolling deep in these College of Winterhold quests. Currently on Revealing the Unseen, chasing the Staff of Magnus. My god, these individual dungeons are HUGE! I'm so glad I hit the College early on, really enjoying everything about the college so far.

Also had my first really crazy dragon fight today. I was trying to sneak past a giant, dragon swoops down, the giant begins fleeing. Dragon and he start going at it, I hide behind a tree and blast the dragon with electricity until it dies. I sneak over to the dragon to loot it, as soon as im' done and am about to sneak away, BOOM, giant takes a huge club at Lydia, drops her, but doesn't kill her. The giant is then chasing me in circles as I run around a boulder blasting him til he dies.... THEN the giant's goddamn wooly mammoth heard gets involved, and again im' running circles around a boulder until I killed the damn thing. Awesome.

Winterhold quests are great. And if you're going for a Mage build, the gear you get for it is well worth it.

GhaleonEB

Main quest (General Tullius) and Companions quest (after Glenmoril) are still unfinishable for me after the 360 patch. Aww.

Apparantly they're not rolling out quest fixes until January updates, but they're promised to be many and frequent. I'm hoping I can finish the Thieves Guild (armor glitch) and maybe clear four broken Misc. tasks from my queue. They all want me to return and talk to dead or missing people.

Heh, I love how
Delvin
reacts differently if you approach him during the Dark Brotherhood questline if you're already a Thieves Guild member.

"You're just making friends all over, aren't you?"

Apparantly they're not rolling out quest fixes until January updates, but they're promised to be many and frequent. I'm hoping I can finish the Thieves Guild (armor glitch) and maybe clear four broken Misc. tasks from my queue. They all want me to return and talk to dead or missing people.
I wouldn't hold out hope for any retroactive fixes... I'm not entirely sure they can fix it if it's already broken in your savegame.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yay! Glad the update is out. I can FINALLY install the game to my harddrive and play with at least some of the bugs/glitches fixed.

They didn't change anything from 1.2 regarding textures/installing. It's still not perfect it seems, but Bethesda says they fixed the issue last patch.

Some of the people on the official forums are insane. While I certainly agree that Bethesda dropped the ball in a lot of ways, the 360 version is MUCH better off than than the PS3 version. I'm pretty sure anything less than perfection is unacceptable to some people on that board.

Top Bottom