• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

cory021

Neo Member
Has there been much speculation on DLCs?

This might seems awfully large, but a multi-part DLC that takes place in Valenwood or Summerset Isles would be an awesome setting for the DLC. Both these areas look about the same size as the Shivering Isles, so it's possible Beth could build them. Plus, from what I've seen in Skyrim, the Thalmor really haven't been resolved. The DLC could be setup the same way as Broken Steel from FO3, where it continues after the main quest (in this case, the Civil War).

The DLC could be divided into three parts, with each one telling the story of the Thalmor and the Empire.

GhaleonEB

Yes, absolutely.
Here's what happened. Main quest spoilery stuff.

Halfway through the fight with Alduin, he got stuck in a mountainside. Still doing the flying animation, but with the lower half of his body embedded into the geometry. I manage to chip him down and then finish him off - his life meter went away - but nothing else happened. He was still there, still attacking, still stuck in his flying animation. I reloaded from the last save I had, which was from when I exited the back of the monestary. So now I need to do the hike up the mountain again, watch the long cinematic, and fight Alduin all over again. And hope he doesn't glitch out this time.

Much of Skyrim is a testament to how good Bethesda has gotten at what they do, but stuff like this is a reminder of how bad they can be. :\

NBtoaster

Has there been much speculation on DLCs?

This might seems awfully large, but a multi-part DLC that takes place in Valenwood or Summerset Isles would be an awesome setting for the DLC. Both these areas look about the same size as the Shivering Isles, so it's possible Beth could build them. Plus, from what I've seen in Skyrim, the Thalmor really haven't been resolved. The DLC could be setup the same way as Broken Steel from FO3, where it continues after the main quest (in this case, the Civil War).

The DLC could be divided into three parts, with each one telling the story of the Thalmor and the Empire.

The Thalmor thing is probably a set up for a MMO:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34133176&postcount=22
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34133572&postcount=33

Yeah, either that or ZeniMax bought 'em just so no one else could go running off with them.

Oh, and you know that replacement soundtrack DirectSong sent me? It arrived today. I opened up the (again, incredibly flimsy) package, and the first thing I saw was little pieces of plastic falling out. It's as bad as my first copy, come the fuck on. That's the last time I'm buying a soundtrack in CD form.

NBtoaster

Yeah, either that or ZeniMax bought 'em just so no one else could go running off with them.

Oh, and you know that replacement soundtrack DirectSong sent me? It arrived today. I opened up the (again, incredibly flimsy) package, and the first thing I saw was little pieces of plastic falling out. It's as bad as my first copy, come the fuck on. That's the last time I'm buying a soundtrack in CD form.

That's gotta suck...still waiting on the digital release. Would hate to see the packaging if it would have to fly to New Zealand.

Andrew.

Banned
For a little while whenever i ran into a regular village person i was met with "you look sick" or "you dont look well" I took a potion to cure disease but some shop owner/ healer told me i may have ataxia...what do i do to get rid of that? its kind of annoying to be met with such remarks

For a little while whenever i ran into a regular village person i was met with "you look sick" or "you dont look well" I took a potion to cure disease but some shop owner/ healer told me i may have ataxia...what do i do to get rid of that? its kind of annoying to be met with such remarks

That shop owner's a lying bitch.

Effect

Man these
Blood
dragons are a pain in the ass. That's the second one I've come across (first I could understand as I figured it might be story related) and it was out in the middle of nowhere, not near anything important. I've been able to take out the normal ones pretty easy for a few levels now and I guess that couldn't last for long before the game decided to throw something harder at me.

I finally made it to
Sky Haven
and as soon as that finished I got a strong desire to replay Suikoden 3 for the castle rebuilding aspect. I really wish you could do this with the various ruins and keeps around the world you come across and clear. There are a at least two I'd like to use as a base of operations/home instead of my house if I could somehow pay to get them fixed.

Glad I decided to push along with the story as it's becoming pretty interesting now. On my way to find
the Elder Scroll
now. The Jarl missions have to me least favorite part of the game so far, perhaps because I don't like many of them. The missions or request I get from books or villagers have turned out to be more interesting.

GhaleonEB

what are the other ones called? i feel like all ive seen is the aformentioned kind

I've run into a number of named dragons, as well as (in order of difficulty) regular dragons, blood dragons, frost dragons, and elder dragons. Apparently there is another level above them.

Elder dragons are really brutal.

Effect

what are the other ones called? i feel like all ive seen is the aformentioned kind

Not sure. I've come across one named, regular "dragons" and now the
Blood
dragons. I assumed with the name change they would be harder. So perhaps that's why they might seem harder if they really aren't.

Satch

Banned
I've run into a number of named dragons, as well as (in order of difficulty) regular dragons, blood dragons, frost dragons, and elder dragons. Apparently there is another level above them.

Elder dragons are really brutal.

Ancient dragons are nightmare fuel when you first meet them.

Andrew.

Banned
well looks like im lucky then...cuz about 15-20 crappy arrows is all it takes for me to take one down

-i found the
lover's stone...(all stats increase faster)
....is there any reason why i should ever switch that off?

GhaleonEB

well looks like im lucky then...cuz about 15-20 crappy arrows is all it takes for me to take one down

-i found the
lover's stone...(all stats increase faster)
....is there any reason why i should ever switch that off?
Only if you don't want any of the other effects. I'm fond of the Steed Stone, which adds 100lbs to your carrying capacity, and removes all movement penalties for armor. My next character, who will use heavy armor, will make good use of it. He'll stay agile and the extra capacity will offset the weight of the armor. Personally, I think leveling goes too fast early on in the game so I don't like to speed it up.

Did anyone else find the
first dragon priest at Mount Anthor
really hard to beat at low levels?

I find them all tough to beat.

Andrew.

Banned
crazzy...is that the one where you
collect the vessels and then take out the priest when the ghost dude frees him
???????????

Only if you don't want any of the other effects. I'm fond of the Steed Stone, which adds 100lbs to your carrying capacity, and removes all movement penalties for armor. My next character, who will use heavy armor, will make good use of it. He'll stay agile and the extra capacity will offset the weight of the armor. Personally, I think leveling goes too fast early on in the game so I don't like to speed it up.

I find them all tough to beat.

The first one killed me about 10 times and when I finally beat him I forgot to save and got killed by a fire Atronach.

Ancient dragons are nightmare fuel when you first meet them.

Not if you're a smith in heavy armor + shield. All dragons are a joke for me, even on master (I downloaded a harder dragons mod but I haven't tried it out yet with my high level guy--not Deadly Dragons because it adds a bunch of dumb shit I don't want). I just bring the ancients to the ground, slice them in the face and bash when they start to breathe flame. They're way too easy.

Smithing straight up breaks the hell out of the game.

MQ spoiler:
Dragonrend ruins dragons more than smithing does but without it they're annoying (after a while, not initially) and take too long to bring down. I think it'd be neat if dragonrend enraged dragons so that they'd start rushing around and spitting fire all over the place.

Edit: More MQ spoiler:
It even fits lore-wise, since dragonrend is supposed to seriously fuck with a dragon's head. I could imagine them taking the sudden concept of mortality as a profound motivation to burn the world down to save themselves.

GhaleonEB

Ghal....and idea where that steed stone is?

Northwest of Solitude. Take the path leading away from Solitude, and then when it braches, go northwest. It'll show on your radar at at that point. I'm a bit of a packrat when it comes to loot, so I love the extra carrying capacity.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So, my girlfriend handed me her 360 copy since I've given up on playing the PC version for the time being. I'm having a pretty good time. The controls and interface make much sense with a controller. I still find that I have to build my character around the UI limitations though - given up on using a shield since it was too frustrating to swap with other weapons/magic/bows.

I'm an Argonian (Dances-On-Dew), playing to my strengths. Alteration, Restoration, One Hand and Sneaking (dropping shields was easier when I found out about ward spells). I find that the Candlelight doesn't really work well for illumination unless you're third person, so I kind of wish I went with my staple Khajiit character (first time I'm playing a new race since 2002). I don't know if it's just my brightness setting but it gets really dark and the terrible HDR light sensitivity doesn't help. Fighting a fire-breathing dragon at night = where the hell am I and why is my screen completely black.

Andrew.

Banned
Northwest of Solitude. Take the path leading away from Solitude, and then when it braches, go northwest. It'll show on your radar at at that point. I'm a bit of a packrat when it comes to loot, so I love the extra carrying capacity.

me too...i have so much stuff in my house....i could make a killing selling stuff....but i figure that will wait untill i really NEED the money...so yes that stone would be great for me right now as well...thanks for the info.

Karl2177

So I just picked this game up on the PC and I'll be diving in as soon as I finish up with Deus Ex: HR. With Oblivion I tried making a bit of an archer character, but I ended up really hating the combat, just too much time shuffling backward and shooting. So obviously there is not an exact class system in this game, but what combat style would folks recommend for maximum combat enjoyment in Skyrim? Duel wielding? Sword and shield? Mage? Stealth backstabbery?

Darkkn

Am i missing something in regards to companion characters... I'm trying to equip my badass mage companion with arch-mage robe, which is the best robe i've seen yet, but she rather rolls naked than equip it. Is there a way to force companion to equip specific items?
This mage companion really fucks shit up btw. Soo much better than my previous companion.

Also where to get more daedra hearts? I've got a few, but i need a couple more to make a full set of daedric armour.

jambo

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere yet

The Creation Kit and Steam Workshop are nearly ready. We’re currently working with members of Valve and our modding community to do some final testing, and we’re on track for a public release near the end of the month.

1.4 patch changelog

NEW FEATURES

• Skyrim launcher support for Steam Workshop (PC)

BUG FIXES

• General optimizations for memory and performance
• Fixed occasional issue with armor and clothing not displaying properly when placed on mannequin’s in player’s house. (PS3)
• Improved compiler optimization settings (PC)
• Long term play optimizations for memory and performance (PS3)
• Memory optimizations related to scripting
• Fixed crashes related to pathing and AI
• Fixed crash in Haemar’s Shame if player had already completed “A Daedra’s Best Friend”
• Fixed rare crash with loading saved games
• Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line
• Master Criminal achievement/trophy unlocks properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian
• Fixed issue where dragon priest masks would not render correctly
• Fixed issue where quests would incorrectly progress after reloading a save
• Fixed issues with placing and removing books from bookshelves in the player’s home
• Fixed issue where weapon racks and plaques would not work correctly in player’s house if player immediately visits their house before purchasing any furnishing.
• Fixed issue where the player house in Windhelm would not clean up properly
• Fixed crash related to giant attacks and absorb spells
• Fixed issue with ash piles not cleaning up properly
• Fixed occasional issue where overwriting an existing save would fail
• Fixed memory crash with container menu
• Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves
• Fixed issue where traps in Shalidor’s Maze would not work properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian versions
• Fixed issue where transforming back to human from werewolf would occasionally not fail
• Bows and daggers will display properly when placed on weapon racks

QUEST FIXES

• The Unusual Gem inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing “Diplomatic Immunity”
• In “Breaching Security”, the quest token is no longer required to receive a fortune reading from Olava the Feeble
• Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if “Season Unending” was an active quest
• Fixed issue where starting “Season Unending” after finishing “Joining the Stormcloaks” would prevent “The Jagged Crown” from starting properly.
• Fixed issue progressing through “Message to Whiterun” while “Season Unending” was still open would block progression for both quests.
• In “Arniel’s Endeavor”, fixed issue where a quest journal would trigger multiple times
• In “Forbidden Legend”, the amulet fragment can no longer disappear after player leaves a dungeon without taking it
• Fixed rare issue in “Forbidden Legend” where killing Mikrul Gauldurson while sneaking would make his corpse unaccessible
• In “The White Phial”, the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it
• “The White Phial” will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory
• Player can no longer get stuck in Misty Grove after completing “A Night to Remember”
• Fixed issue where leaving Riften during “A Chance Arrangement” would prevent quest from progressing
• In “Darkness Returns”, a door in Twilight Sepulcher will properly open if the player leaves the dungeon for an extended period of time before completing the quest
• In “Under New Management”, if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly
• “Onmund’s Request” will now start properly if player has already found Enthir’s staff before receiving this quest
• Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor
• “Repairing the Phial” will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory
• Finding Pantea’s Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating
• In “The Coming of the Dawn”, fixed rare instance where a quest object would spawn incorrectly on the Katariah during Hail Sithis
• Fixed rare issue in “The Mind of Madness” where player is unable to equip the Wabbajack
• Fixed issue in “Pieces of the Past” where Mehrunes Dagon’s Razor will not trigger properly if player leaves the cell for extended period of time before activating it
• “Blood’s Honor” will start properly if you visited and completed Driftshade and an extended period of time passes before starting the quest.
• Fixed rare issue where “Dampened Spirits” would not start properly
• Fixed issue where player would be unable to become Thane of Riften if they purchased a home first
• Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine woud block progression for “No One Escapes Cidhna Mine”
• Fixed numerous issues with “Blood on the Ice” not triggering properly
• In “Blood on the Ice”, Calixto can now be killed if player owns a house in Windhelm
• In “The Cure for Madness”, killing Cicero then resurrecting him no longer impedes quest progress
• Fixed rare issue in “To Kill an Empire” where an NPC would fail to die properly
• Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting “Boethiah’s Champion” no longer prevents quest from starting.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Recently found Kagrenzel for the first time. Wow o_O That was unexpected and awesome. But is there more to it? I was hoping we'd find out what the hell was going on. But my map says it's cleared. Still, that was awesome!

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone killed a dragon and not absorbed a dragon soul? I just got attacked by two and I got a soul from the first but not the second.

man this game can be very frustrating when it hard locks, and its always been during the loading screen (360 version) but im nearing the end of the main quest, and did a good portion of the college of winterhold, thieves guild and the civil war.

Also weapon racks don't work in my house, i cant put any weapons on plaques or the actual racks, not sure if his is a known issue or not

Has anyone killed a dragon and not absorbed a dragon soul? I just got attacked by two and I got a soul from the first but not the second.

Yeah, happened to me a couple of times. Supposedly if you've absorbed a soul of a dragon at one of those dragon peaks, any dragon that spawns from that same dragon peak won't yield a soul. Random dragons do though.

cdyhybrid

Finished the main quest.
Sovngarde
is gorgeous, and the cameo appearances there are great. Starting the Imperial Legion questline now, fully decked out in Dragonbone armor/weapons :p Assaulting a fort with
the help of a dragon
was pretty damn awesome. Dunno what I'm going to do after I finish these quests, though. I'll have done all the major questlines I want to do. Maybe I'll go back to SC2 until DLC comes out :p

Helscream

Banned
Greetings GAFers. I have been wanting to express my thoughts on Skyrim for quite some time now. As a person who thoroughly played Morrowind and the Tribunal expansion. As well as Oblivion and the Shivering Isle's expansion. There are alot of mixed emotions I have with Skyrim. And when I say mixed I simply mean a composition of feelings there are full of joy and some with utter bitterness. I will do the best I can to recall my rants/raves about the game. It has been a few weeks since I beat the game.

Well for starters I felt like Bethesda did a excellent job at striking the balance between creating a world that is ''foreign'' yet also ''familiar''. The Province/Country of Skyrim has elements of mystery as well as majesty. Major Cities like Solitude had a familiar ''feel'' to its appearance. Were as Windhelm gave you the vibe of a city with a great history reaching as far back to Ysgramor himself. It really helped give me idea's to imagine of what Atmora cities may have looked like before Proto-Nedic people came to Skyrim. And when it comes to the wilderness that environments were nicely varied. Going from places like The Throat of the World to the most inner depths of Blackreach was absolutely epic and enthralling at times. Bethesda did a great job with Skyrim and making it a place that had strong variation that really gave you the desire to explore every inch available.

Then when it comes to class/leveling/skill system. I chose to go with a Orc Warrior with heavy armor and two-handed weapon setup. I was very pleased with the experience I had with this setup. Being able to utilized some of the perks in the block tree with two-handed weapons was cool. Even though it is not as effective as a shield. Being able to block then power bash a opponent only to cripple them with a power attack by a warhammer while wearing heavy armor made my Orc truly feel like a force to reckon with. On top of the Berserker Rage that was always held on reserve for my ''oh shit'' moments.

I am glad that Bethesda decided to combine certain skills and remove a lot of the redundant aspects that the previous games had. I don't see a problem with simplifying a element in your game that was never really complicated to begin with. Like what they did by having you choose Magicka/Health/Stamina and leveling those stats up directly instead of having to indirectly level those skills up by picking attributes. Also with skills when it comes to stuff like acrobatics or athletics (two skills I felt that were really redundant) that were done away with or combining skills like Daggers/Swords/Maces/Axes and just making a simple ''Two Handed/One Handed/Dual Wielding just felt ''right'' when playing and leveling up skills of my choosing. Now with the perk system they can truly implement unique abilities that can only be acquired by leveling up a particular skill. Like with ''Sneak'' and being able to do a silent roll, or being light footed to avoid setting off traps. Then having a ability like ''Cleave'' from the Two Handed skill. Allowing you to completely wreck three bandits simultaneously was awesome.

Even though with video games becoming more mainstream. I felt like the consolidation that was done with Stats/Skills was appropriate but Bethesda did not compromise the ''Identity'' of those said skills. So you still ''felt'' like a Warrior/Rogue/Mage when leveling up and choosing perks (which I felt further increased your own sense of identity and uniqueness). And with so may perks to choose from, even if you were increasing the scope and power of your character little by little it gave me a great sense of progression going from Zero to Hero. From being this lowly person who was on his way to execution to rising above the ruins of Helghan and truly becoming this legend. I really felt like when I hit the level 40 zone and up I truly had become this ''Dovahkhin''.

Now onto the quests (from the main quest all the way to the random miscellaneous ones). Starting with the four main guild quests, I was really underwhelmed with ''The Companions'' quest chain. Even though you come to learn of their ''curse'' and become a pivotal part in helping them reaching their redemption. It was nice to learn more about Ysgrammor and the origins of the companions. While the overall scheme was nice, parts like the reforming of ''Wuuthrad'' felt really anti-climatic. But in the end It felt really cool knowing you helped The Companions redeems themselves from their plight.

The Thieves guild quest chain felt more complete and fulfilling. It starts out with the simple theme of using your uncommon talents to make profit and keep a low profile. And then nicely builds up by learning the true nature of the guild leader Mercer Frey. And ultimately helping the Thieves guild return to their former glory. Overall this quest chain was nicely done and truly fulfilling.

The College of Winterhold while alluding to some really cool and great ideas never really becomes fulfilled and while what you experience in this quest chain is really cool. It just felt too damn short and kinda cheap. Especially with the Archmage Savos Aren having such a brief existence in the quest chain. I felt like that dude just got thrown to the wayside simply because Bethesda didn't really know what to do with his story/character.

The Dark Brotherhood I felt was really freaking awesome. I would rank it slightly below the Thieves Guild quest chain because of how the leader of the Falkreath Sanctuary Astrid totally disregarded the old ways of the Dark Brotherhood by no longer heeding the call of the Night Mother and Sithis. And I will say it again I really loved the development of the quest chain and the characters that inhabited it. But there were certain ideas that I really wished ended up being fleshed out. Like how the ghost of Lucien Lachance makes a reference of their being something amiss within the void (The Dwelling place of Sithis/Night Mother) while choosing wether or not to let Cicero live. And when you learn that the Falkreath Sanctuary is basically the last known residents of the Dark Brotherhood. And then when you finish the quest chain. You really wonder what Bethesda plans to do next with the Dark Brotherhood considering how close they were to the brink of utter annihilation.

The Civil War quest chain was so damn cut and dry to me. The closest it got to being cool was searching for the Jagged Crown and at the very end where General Tallius talks about the Thalmor/Aldemeri Dominion wanting them to fight and kill themselves to make it easier to rule over Skyrim as well as the rest of Tamriel. The rest of the quest chain was ''go here, and kill [Insert Number] members of the opposing faction''. Really disappointed with this.

Then we come down to the main course with the Main Story quest chain. While the quality of it was superb and it does a good job of delivering the ''epic'' moments. I felt like it was too short. I did like learning more about the blades and the bloodline of the ''Dragonborn''. As well as Bethesda really enforcing the power of this ancient prophecy. But at times I felt like being the ''Dovahkhin'' was being shoved down your throat at times. And some of the dialogues options were so damn retarded at times. You had stuff that really borderlines ridiculous. On the scope of ''HAY GUYZ, I IS HERO AND AM HERE TO SAVE YOU FROM THE DARGONS!''. I really didn't like the design choice of their being literally only two blades left that were there to help you fulfill your destiny. As well as the conflict between the Greybeards and Paarthurnax and the Blades. You would really think they would find some common ground and figure out how to defeat Alduin instead of dividing themselves. I of course went with the Greybeards and Paarthurnax because they actually helped me develop into becoming the dragonborn of legend. Where as the blades did little to nothing to help me. Overall the quality of this quest chain was great. I just felt like instead of scaling and climbing the Mountain of Destiny to combat my great enemy at its peak. It felt like Bethesda decided to use a catapult to hull me at the top.

Voice acting seemed really hit and miss at times. And the funny thing is even though Oblivion had the same repeating voice actors (something that was complained about). I often recall finding those repeating voice actors to be more believable with the lines they needed to deliver. For the most part the voice acting in Skyrim was either annoying or unnecessary (Worst Culprits are guards and merchants). High points were Esbern (Max Von Sydow is the man). Hearing the dragons speak with the Thu'um. Lowest point had to be Ulfric Stormcloak (I am not that desperate for great voice acting, but I truly found the voice acting of this character dreadful). I will say Bethesda did the right choice by allowing conversations to be held in real time. But I think the KEY aspect that Bethesda is missing to truly have great dialogue is still missing. From someone who has played Dragon Age Origins I really liked being part of conversations that would consist of three or more people simultaneously. Even though it was all done in real time, you are still ''focused'' on one character at a time which was really turn off for me. At the very least guild quest chains as well as the main quest could have had sequences were you would conversate with several NPC's at once. I guess my main point is a dialogue system that does a better job at interconnecting the player with more than one NPC at a time. Were you get the feeling that you are experiencing the delicious cake as a whole instead of very tasty yet very small individual slices.

Almost forgot about the Daedric quest. Freaking brilliant. Loved them all really. Truly one of the highpoints of Skyrim.

Overall when it comes to quest and story related topics. There were a lot of cool idea's that were proposed to the player that never really got fulfilled. I really wished the world was more responsive and thorough with the choices you make in the game. For someone who did the Main Quest/Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild/The Companions/College of Winterhold/Civil War Quest. I didnt really get the feeling that the world was responding to my actions/accomplishments. I am not asking for someone to hump my leg, but I felt they did a better job in Fallout 3. The world really responded to the decisions you made in Fallout 3. And I wished Skyrim at least had a equal of response to the actions of the Dovahkhin.

Companions/Followers on the other hand seemed like they only existed to be your mule/donkey to carry your extra loot and spoils. Early on during leveling they are of course really helpful, but later on they become less and less useful. From playing New Vegas, and being spoiled by the great job Obsidian did with its companion paradigm. I was really underwhelmed with the way Bethesda handled the companion/follower paradigm. They really just exist to help you make more gold. (Which I didnt really need. I think i was at 350K level 53). And Marriage is a joke, (even though I personally was not remotely interested in courtship with any character. Mainly because I just didnt think it fit with the Dovahkhin prophecy.) , but I could see people being really interested in having a NPC to have courtship would be really disappointed.

I will not go deep into my rants, most of them have already been stated and people are aware of. I played as a Orc Warrior level 53 with 151 hours on the PD3 version of the game. While the experience was well worth it and I had a great time playing the game. My overall feeling was that Bethesda made the mistake of putting too much time in creating the world around you while leaving the inhabitants of the land lacking. Yes the game did indeed have great scale, but at times I found that beyond the exploration Skyrim. The game was lacking its charm in other areas. Bethesda I feel truly has great potential and will keep improving overtime. But with games on a scale such as this. They really need to take more time to polish the game before releasing it. Especially when you take into account how abysmal the performance of the PS3 version is.

Sorry if my post was too much. But I felt that since Skyrim is a game with alot of depth and scale. I felt it would only be appropriate to express my thoughts on the game with a post of equal scale. I am sure there are a few things I forgot to mention. But Skyrim is a game that is a good testament of how truly epic and great a game can be As well as how long Bethesda has to go before reaching their truly potential.

TTG

Finished the main quest.
Sovngarde
is gorgeous

I thought the portrayal of Nord heaven was hilarious. Huge barrels of mead, a random fist fight and whole cows roasting on a spit. Seemed like there were a couple of ways they could of done it that would have been way too serious or just hokey, but they pulled it off.

NBtoaster

Gotta say it's very disappointing how none of the icebergs off the coast have any loot -good or bad- on, around or under them. Why even alow you to go snooping around them?

Something I plan to fix when the CK comes out. Maybe add a crashed rowboat, a couple skeletons and a chest to one place. Or a chest burried in snow with a note to the effect of "This is my hiding place, no one will find it" to another.

The controls and interface make much sense with a controller. I still find that I have to build my character around the UI limitations though - given up on using a shield since it was too frustrating to swap with other weapons/magic/bows.
You can map the controllers in the PC version in a lot of different ways. So you can have 8 items assigned to the 360 controller Dpad so pausing to switch is vastly removed and the favorites menu its not as cluttered.

Top Bottom