• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

I've played about 45 hours and only 3-5 of that was on horse back. Anyone else walk more than ride? I just found the horse frustrating to control when off the beaten path.

Aurora

I've played about 45 hours and only 3-5 of that was on horse back. Anyone else walk more than ride? I just found the horse frustrating to control when off the beaten path.
I agree the horse controls terribly, especially if you've been spoilt by Red Dead Redemption's incredible horse riding. However, the ability to climb mountains and cliff faces definitely cuts on tedious detours you'd otherwise have to make on foot.

Barely used a horse at all. I found it annoying that the thing follows you whenever you fast travel, is there really no way of setting it in a stable, like sending a follower/housecarl back home?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Unless they've patched this you don't even have to roll behind them, a front attack usually triggers the backstab animation.

Did someone mention facestabs?

ZRmSR.jpg

70 hours in (level 35) and I wandered into my first Dwemor ruins on some quest I had to return a Lexicon. I found a random unenchanted Daedric Bow inside the chest at the end of the dungeon - fucking wow that thing does a lot of damage.

I haven't really been taking advantage of the Smithing/Enchanting/Alchemy synergy "exploit" so it might not seem that major to some but going from my enchanted Glass Bow to the Daedric one jumped my damage from 74 to 91, being as it was unechanted I made a few fortify smithing items and brought it up to 108 damage and now I'm about to encant it with some sort of damage modifier - should be about another +25 or so. Literally almost doubling my damage with one item. On top of that, I've been getting really close to 5/5 Enchanter perk and I already have Insightful Enchanter (also already a pretty high level alchemist). Planning to replace some of my +Archery gear with some custom enchanted shit. I don't even want to know what my damage will be - just hope I don't overpower the game and make it too easy. What's the best enchant to add to bows in your guys opinions?

Only negative really is the Daedric Bow's weight, it's heavy as hell which means I draw it a slower and the arch is almost non-existant. I think I might start carrying around something like a decked out Hunting Bow for running around Skyrim and then just switching to my Daedric when I'm someplace where I need the full power.

Andrew.

Banned
70 hours in (level 35) and I wandered into my first Dwemor ruins on some quest I had to return a Lexicon. I found a random unenchanted Daedric Bow inside the chest at the end of the dungeon - fucking wow that thing does a lot of damage.

I haven't really been taking advantage of the Smithing/Enchanting/Alchemy synergy "exploit" so it might not seem that major to some but going from my enchanted Glass Bow to the Daedric one jumped my damage from 74 to 91, being as it was unechanted I made a few fortify smithing items and brought it up to 108 damage and now I'm about to encant it with some sort of damage modifier - should be about another +25 or so. Literally almost doubling my damage with one item. On top of that, I've been getting really close to 5/5 Enchanter perk and I already have Insightful Enchanter (also already a pretty high level alchemist). Planning to replace some of my +Archery gear with some custom enchanted shit. I don't even want to know what my damage will be - just hope I don't overpower the game and make it too easy. What's the best enchant to add to bows in your guys opinions?

Only negative really is the Daedric Bow's weight, it's heavy as hell which means I draw it a slower and the arch is almost non-existant. I think I might start carrying around something like a decked out Hunting Bow for running around Skyrim and then just switching to my Daedric when I'm someplace where I need the full power.

**ULTIMATE SNIPER PLAYER....YOU HAVE REACHED MY GOAL LEVEL IN THIS GAME*** CONGRATS!

TTG

What's the best enchant to add to bows in your guys opinions?

Whatever perks you have unlocked under enchanting, I went with the straightforward fire damage. The key with archery(just like anything else really) is combining some enchanted stuff to really boost the damage. Hood/helmet, gauntlets, a ring and a talisman should literally double your damage. It does become overpowering, a sneaky critical strike(which the first shot most of the time is) kills anything below the armored bandit guys/draugr scourges instantly. I really enjoyed that though, it's really fun to see how big an enemy force you can take out before they ever get to you, leading them just enough on the really long shots etc. Also feels satisfying to take out a couple of guys with one shot apiece when you know that would have been a boring round of bashing them in the head otherwise.

For bows I used a Shock/Soul Trap bow once I could make two enchantments on one item, I had a flame/shock one too, but gave it to my companion whenever I felt like back up. You can really make bows overpowered with sneak/critical/paralyse +the bows enchantment and all your gear giving archery boosts. I wouldn't go that far as it gets boring, I switched to sword and shield towards my end game for some variety and level grinding (my one hand/block and armour levels were super low).

I do love sniping in this game though, archery is just super super fun.

Merguson

Banned
Skyrim can be so amusing sometimes.

I found this person in a cave and she wanted help getting out. No problem until I get to the entrance to the outside world, she wouldn't leave.

Fus... Ro... DAH! Right out of the cave.

Quest completed.

Effect

I think I'm close to having my fill of the game. I've put about around 37 hours into game and I think that's money well spent considering I paid $40 for it on Steam. One more session should put me past 40 hours. I've been trying to do the main story and some side things. The problem I'm facing is that it's so easy to get pulled in another direction even when I'm being mindful of not taking to many quest as I travel around. To make it worse it always comes down to doing the same things in the end just in a different location. Sick of crawling through caves and crypts. I've killed a number of dragons now and they've gone from amazing as an encounter to just being annoying. Especially when one shows up as soon as I fast travel in to a location.

Still overall I've had fun. A LOT more fun then I did trying to play Oblivion. However not as much fun as I had playing Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. The VATS system played a big part in those games to be honest. GOTY for me this certainly isn't but one of my favorites of the 2011 games at the moment if certain elements don't start bothering me even more.

I hoping I can force myself to finish up the main quest very soon. I stopped playing Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword when I got Skyrim and I'd like to get back to that. Part of that was needing a break as I had put close to 30 hours into that and was just over half way done I think based on what I've read (without spoiling myself). Also I didn't want that experience to end so soon since I loved it so much.

Want to switch from heavy armor to light armor. Is there a big difference in damage taken when doing that? I've have melee/mage type character. So healing myself isn't a problem if I have to but curious as to how often I might have to if I'm taking more damage.

cory021

Neo Member
Me and my friends made a fun way to play Skyrim with more than one player. It's actually pretty entertaining.

Start a new game with any race (we went with Bosmer). Get through the opening sequence and make your way to Whiterun. Try to avoid fighting whenever possible to avoid leveling up, while at the same time collecting these items:

-100 gold (You might want more gold to allow the first player to travel on a carriage before the second player starts playing.)
-Iron dagger
-Hunting bow
-10 Iron arrows
-3 Health potions
-5 Lockpicks

At this point, the second player leaves the room and the first player (we'll call him the 'hider') travels to anywhere in Skyrim, preferably in the wilderness. He can use a carriage to speed the process up. He then designates a destination point in the game that the second player must reach. It's suggested that you don't place it further than 10-15 minutes.

The second player's main goal to is to successfully navigate to the designated area (usually a town) without dying or being sent to jail. However, the first player can always throw in some twists to make it more interesting. Setting a bounty can make for an interesting challenge. You can also set certain requirements. Two examples that we used were getting to the destination with 1000 gold or within a certain time limit. If you have the time, you could even get through the part of the main quest where dragons are released into the game.

However, when the second player starts playing, the HUD must be turned off (0% opacity) and the music set to off. The difficulty can be set to anything, but Expert or Master are recommended. The player isn't allowed to use the in-game map, but you can use the paper map. During combat, you aren't allowed to open up the menu; only favorites are allowed in this case. You can use anything you come across in the wild such weapons, magic, or other loot.

Whatever perks you have unlocked under enchanting, I went with the straightforward fire damage. The key with archery(just like anything else really) is combining some enchanted stuff to really boost the damage. Hood/helmet, gauntlets, a ring and a talisman should literally double your damage. It does become overpowering, a sneaky critical strike(which the first shot most of the time is) kills anything below the armored bandit guys/draugr scourges instantly. I really enjoyed that though, it's really fun to see how big an enemy force you can take out before they ever get to you, leading them just enough on the really long shots etc. Also feels satisfying to take out a couple of guys with one shot apiece when you know that would have been a boring round of bashing them in the head otherwise.
Yeah, I've been an Archer since day one... it's just that now I'm starting to dip into the super high damage numbers. Right now I have my Daedric Bow (Superior), Krosis (+20% Archery), Ring (+20% Archery), and Bracers (+25% Archery), the amulet I'm still using for my Illusion abilities but I'll probably switch that over soon once I get my Enchanting up a bit and make a whole set of new gear EDIT: Enchanted some gear tonight so I have +33% Archery on my helmet, ring, and amulet; my bracers are 25% but only until I can find a pair of unenchanted Glass Gauntlets. I've really enjoyed it, along with Illusion it's extraordinarily powerful - I can easily take out an entire Giant Camp (1-2 Giants w/ 3 Mammoths) without barely flinching or even forcing them to kill each other. If I get the drop on an enemy, any enemy really, I take em out in a no more than 3 shots if not a single sneak crit. At this point the challenge doesn't so much come in "can I kill this guy" but "Can I two-shot this guy and then clear out the room of every baddie without anyone hitting me".

I've been avoiding pushing it too far though since I know once I'm doing 200+ damage with my bow (already at 150 w/o factoring arrows) it's going to get harder and harder to level up Archery. I'm at 92 Archery now though so it's nigh time to push that shit to the "max". :D

Wow, her voice is mesmerizing.

I just realized that there's no way I can 1k this game at least on this playthrough since about 80 hours ago, after going to Whiterun, I made my way up to Dawnstar and did the Daedric Quest
Waking Nightmare, and instead of killing the dude at the end and getting the artifact, I let him live since I was trying to be a decent guy.

It sucks realizing this NOW. And the second Daedric quest I did was the moonlight one,
which I guess you CAN exploit to get two (of course which I didn't know back then.)
Oh well. There's no way I'm going to do another playthrough just for 1 stinking achievement.

I'm all done with the game then I think. Good times.

GhaleonEB

Playing my second archer character now on Master difficulty, I feel like the overpowered archery shots mesh well with what is often really brutal difficulty. I can kill about 1/2 of enemies with one shot from sneak, but a good 1/4 of them take many shots. Draugr Wight on up require multiple shots, and dragons take a very long time to take down. My Archery skill is maxed at 100 now, and it's still a good balance. Lots of high-risk, high reward situations.

Upping my enchanting and smithing ability has a tangible effect still, which is rewarding. On Expert i was demolishing all but high level dragons and Draugr in one shot.

I call the build I'm playing the puppet master - Illusion, Archery and Sneak. So many fights I just manipulate everything from the shadows, and then finish off the survivor(s) with a shot or two. It's quite richly rewarding.

I took down the Dragon Priest that's in the
coffin outside atop a mountain, by a dragon wall. The bastard didn't wait until after the dragon was dead, so it was one heck of a battle roaming all over that area. Great stuff.

5/8 Dragon Priest masks returned, and I know where one is (
Labyrinthian
), so just two more to chase down. After that and the main quest, I can start my sword'n board Orc for the Companions and Daedric quests.

So i just managed to glitch out of "skyrim" on the xbox with a few choice jumps and whirlwind sprint in riften to get past the "enter/exit" town loading screen and out into untextured skyrim and then i walked to the archway and out into tamriel, found both cyrodil and morrowind and have to say its HUGE out there i was walking/swimming running around for 2 hours easily just seeing how big it was.

Honestly with the grand total of skyrim being 4-5GB with a reuse of land textures and stuff they could easily package cyrodill into a 1.5-2GB DLC and morrowind with a second expansion.

Would honestly be fantastic, we could have the arena again perhaps another oblivion gates opens for some reason, more daedra, a rouge greybeard. Another dragonborn. Honestly possibilitys are endless and clearly so is the landscape

cdyhybrid

Playing my second archer character now on Master difficulty, I feel like the overpowered archery shots mesh well with what is often really brutal difficulty. I can kill about 1/2 of enemies with one shot from sneak, but a good 1/4 of them take many shots. Draugr Wight on up require multiple shots, and dragons take a very long time to take down. My Archery skill is maxed at 100 now, and it's still a good balance. Lots of high-risk, high reward situations.

Upping my enchanting and smithing ability has a tangible effect still, which is rewarding. On Expert i was demolishing all but high level dragons and Draugr in one shot.

I call the build I'm playing the puppet master - Illusion, Archery and Sneak. So many fights I just manipulate everything from the shadows, and then finish off the survivor(s) with a shot or two. It's quite richly rewarding.

I took down the Dragon Priest that's in the
coffin outside atop a mountain, by a dragon wall. The bastard didn't wait until after the dragon was dead, so it was one heck of a battle roaming all over that area. Great stuff.

5/8 Dragon Priest masks returned, and I know where one is (
Labyrinthian
), so just two more to chase down. After that and the main quest, I can start my sword'n board Orc for the Companions and Daedric quests.

That'll probably be my next character, too. Sword and board, either Nord or Orc, just a mountain of a man/orc that can tank anything.

Card Boy

Banned
I keep getting jumped by Dragons :(

Whether on my way to Winterhold, Windhelm, Riften or Solitude i keep getting attacked. I can fight the Ice Dragons abit better since i'm a Nord, but the Fire ones are tough as nails.

Synless

Has anyone had any issues with the 360 version getting some framerate issues for no reason similar to the PS3 problems? I have been getting some series fps problems occasionally since the last update.

GhaleonEB

Has anyone had any issues with the 360 version getting some framerate issues for no reason similar to the PS3 problems? I have been getting some series fps problems occasionally since the last update.

I've had that issue now and then. It seems to happen most often after we've switched games (put a different disc in), and then gone back to Skyrim. It happens 100% of the time when I went back to Reach, which made me think it was a caching issue. I get a stutter about every 2-3 seconds. I've found that saving, exiting to title, and then reloading seems to fix it.

Haha, I'm playing an Archer/Illusionist now and my next character is going to probably be a Sword/Board Orc.

Get out of my head.

No u!

It seems like a natural pairing: Illusion/Archery is long range, indirect combat, while a sword and board is the most direct. It should make for a good contrast. Since I'm rocking Master I'll probably couple it with Conjuration, to help mitigate some early difficulty spikes.

Synless

I've had that issue now and then. It seems to happen most often after we've switched games (put a different disc in), and then gone back to Skyrim. It happens 100% of the time when I went back to Reach, which made me think it was a caching issue. I get a stutter about every 2-3 seconds. I've found that saving, exiting to title, and then reloading seems to fix it.

No u!

It seems like a natural pairing: Illusion/Archery is long range, indirect combat, while a sword and board is the most direct. It should make for a good contrast. Since I'm rocking Master I'll probably couple it with Conjuration, to help mitigate some early difficulty spikes.

Yeah, I will try that out, thanks.

Edit* Did not work! :(

Karl2177

Blackreach is so cool. I discovered it today and started exploring, but just continued on with my quest there. In regards to that quest,
did anyone else get goosebumps when the Daedric conjuration thingy started talking to you when you returned to Septimus? Such an awesome voice with the right voice filters.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I just noticed that after I joined the College of Winterhold, that my magicka does not deplete no matter how much I use my spells. They decrease a bit when I use spells like summoning artronachs, but I never run out. I noticed that I have a bunch of fortify magicka buff under active effects, but have no idea how they got there. Is my game glitched?

No u!

I was thinking Conjuration to actually (haha) but I don't think it would be a good fit for a melee character since having friendly AI just seems to get in the way with melee in my experience, plus I don't think a character that relies so heavily on melee damage could get away with a simple conjured sword. Honestly, Archery seems like a really good fit for Conjuration but I wouldn't want to make another archer... so probably something like Destruction/Conjuration but then your strong mana dependency would be an issue early on (you'd have to rush through the College of Winterhold for the Equilibrium spell at least).

cdyhybrid

I was thinking Conjuration to actually (haha) but I don't think it would be a good fit for a melee character since having friendly AI just seems to get in the way with melee in my experience, plus I don't think a character that relies so heavily on melee damage could get away with a simple conjured sword. Honestly, Archery seems like a really good fit for Conjuration but I wouldn't want to make another archer... so probably something like Destruction/Conjuration but then your strong mana dependency would be an issue early on (you'd have to rush through the College of Winterhold for the Equilibrium spell at least).

Atronachs have ranged attacks. But yes, companion AI could definitely use work.

I'm getting alt-itis. Going to start up my sword and board Orc, but I can't decide whether to use swords or axes. The finishing moves are the same regardless of weapon, right? I also want to start a Redguard that dual wields swords, using Archery when necessary, but the draw towards that isn't as strong as the Orc.

Blackreach is so cool. I discovered it today and started exploring, but just continued on with my quest there. In regards to that quest,
did anyone else get goosebumps when the Daedric conjuration thingy started talking to you when you returned to Septimus? Such an awesome voice with the right voice filters.

I loved him in Oblivion, too.

So i just managed to glitch out of "skyrim" on the xbox with a few choice jumps and whirlwind sprint in riften to get past the "enter/exit" town loading screen and out into untextured skyrim and then i walked to the archway and out into tamriel, found both cyrodil and morrowind and have to say its HUGE out there i was walking/swimming running around for 2 hours easily just seeing how big it was.

Honestly with the grand total of skyrim being 4-5GB with a reuse of land textures and stuff they could easily package cyrodill into a 1.5-2GB DLC and morrowind with a second expansion.

Would honestly be fantastic, we could have the arena again perhaps another oblivion gates opens for some reason, more daedra, a rouge greybeard. Another dragonborn. Honestly possibilitys are endless and clearly so is the landscape

Didn't know you could do that in Riften, I did it in Whiterun. :lol

Had a sweet little moment in Fort Dunstad last night. I first came across the place back when I was probably level 15 or so, and went inside to clear out the bandits that live there. I had no problems in the outside area of the fort, but once I moved inside, I kept getting my ass handed to me. I tried several different approaches, but died many brutal deaths before I decided that it was just too rough of a place for me at the time. Beating a hasty retreat, I ran back to the world, and continued on my merry way, thinking very little of it.

Fast forward to know, I'm a level 48 Battle Mage type character who has completed the main quest and taken the souls of dozens of dragons. Since finishing off the main story, I've been doing side quests and exploring a lot of dungeons, and while wandering the countryside, I once again came across Fort Dunstad.

Remembering the beating I took the first time I visited the area, I went in to extract revenge. The place was still overrun with bandits, but I was much more well equipped to deal with them, and using shouts, spells, and magic weapons, I soon made short work of them. Killing the Bandit Chieftain was especially satisfying, as he was still a fairly strong adversary.

I imagined those bandits, who had sent me running like a dog with my tail between my legs, feeling a bit different upon my return. Wearing all class armor, wielding Chillrend, and breathing fire couldn't have been much of a welcome sight for them. The whole encounter probably lasted 10-15 minutes, but I really did feel better afterwards. :)

Atronachs have ranged attacks. But yes, companion AI could definitely use work.
I realize that, which is why I think they would be a much better fit for an Archer type character. As melee I'd feel like I'd be getting in the way of their ranged attacks if not outright getting hit by them. That being said, haven't played melee outside of messing around with it on my Archer during the first few levels of development... I haven't even carried a melee weapon the last 25 levels or so (unless my notched pickaxe counts :p).

Fast travelled to Dawnstar yesterday, two dragons (frost and blood) appeared in the sky and rained down fire and ice on the city. Then I feasted on their souls.

Dragon attacks in town are pretty cool, if only to see them perch on buildings and roar.

So thanks to me not keeping more than 4 saves at a time, I somehow missed Lydia dying randomly during some quest, and now my housecarl is an ash pile on a step in Winterhold.

Damn you Skyrim.

GhaleonEB

I realize that, which is why I think they would be a much better fit for an Archer type character. As melee I'd feel like I'd be getting in the way of their ranged attacks if not outright getting hit by them. That being said, haven't played melee outside of messing around with it on my Archer during the first few levels of development... I haven't even carried a melee weapon the last 25 levels or so (unless my notched pickaxe counts :p).

My thought on the Conjuration/melee combination is to use them as a distraction if I run into an enemy much harder than I can handle. With my second (brief) character I'd run into Draugr Deathlords when I was just level 20 and literally could not do enough damage to kill them - they healed. I'll be rocking a much harder hitting guy this time around (heavy armor + Steed Stone will help), but my plan is to drop a summoned dude in front of me and then circle around to flank. We'll see how it goes. If nothing else it will be very different than my current build.

I love that there's so much content I can work through totally different play styles for weeks, and still make new characters to tackle different aspects of the game. I'm a few weeks from being done with my current character, and I have my next two planned out already. Should be deep into spring by the time I'm through. Good lord.

oktarb

I'm not here to put consoles down. I really like console gaming. This is a tale about my two Skyrim experiences.

I first purchased Skyrim on the 360. I wanted my big ass TV, I wanted my controller, I wanted my couch. I also didn’t have a top notch video card in my PC. So day one I had Skyrim and began my journey. I reached level 55 in amad dash of death and looting. I slew dragons, I raped towns, I strolled though many a forest. My main complaint was the same as the one for Oblivion – too many loading screens that took a little too long. I would dread my re-entry into smith shop because I forgot to get some leather strips. I made up stupid loading screen games. How many times can I spin the dragon? Can I align this sword up so I’m pixel perfect looking at it straight on edge?

This Friday I got a new video card. The nVidia 580 3GB ram. I purchased Skyrim, my first double dip for 2012. I loaded some mods from skyrimnexus.com. Launched the game and was blown away. I hadn’t really been playing Skyrim all this time. I had been playing some diet version – less fat, less flavor. Load times were near non-existent. The graphics were stunning. It felt three times more immersive.

Before getting the PC version I would say I was afraid of the mods. They can be distracting. Some games I want to play the way they were meant to be played. I’m not against mods, I’m just saying that sometime they can be distracting. “Man this mining animation is boring. I wish I could spin the camera around while I’m mining…Hmmm maybe there’s a mod for that.” Suddenly you’re not playing the game, you’re browsing mod pages. As a veteran gamers I had to relearn an important lesson. PC gaming has depth unmatched by consoles both good and bad. That card costs 500 bucks – I got god mode Skyrim.

I can do without the four million ‘nude’ mods but all the other well thought-out mods have mu applause. I salute you mod makers.

Before getting the PC version I would say I was afraid of the mods. They can be distracting. Some games I want to play the way they were meant to be played. I’m not against mods, I’m just saying that sometime they can be distracting. “Man this mining animation is boring. I wish I could spin the camera around while I’m mining…Hmmm maybe there’s a mod for that.” Suddenly you’re not playing the game, you’re browsing mod pages. As a veteran gamers I had to relearn an important lesson. PC gaming has depth unmatched by consoles both good and bad. That card costs 500 bucks – I got god mode Skyrim.
Well, your $500 graphics card is way way more than is actually required. It's even more than is needed for the game to look amazing - you've definitely future-proofed yourself a bit but you can run Skyrim beautifully on a $130 from over a year ago without any trouble.

As for mods, I definitely try to keep myself in check early on. The only mods I touch were UI enhancements and maybe some very minor graphical updates (like enhanced signs or upgraded Alchemy Lab texture). Just the other night I started using the Dovahkiin Hideout mod which is the most advanced thing I installed after months and 75 hours playtime. Same for graphics tweaking. When Morrowind first launched I literally spent weeks just fiddling with the visuals before delving into the game, same with Oblivion. With Skyrim I let the game auto-adjust to High settings and never even looked at the options. Eventually I might mess with ENB or something but I'd rather not dilute my limited playtime with tweaking bloom and reflections for the "perfect FPS".

Heh, I decided to take a bit of a different approach when it came to the "Taste of Death"-quest this time... I didn't want it cluttering my quest log, after all. So when that
Eola cannibal-chick
approached me, I swung my sword... And it hit her right as she initiated conversation with me.

Apparently, she's killable right away. :lol

Only annoyance is that seems to have bugged the quest giver, because now every time I get close, he approaches me and starts a conversation with nothing to say.

Wow, her voice is mesmerizing.

I just realized that there's no way I can 1k this game at least on this playthrough since about 80 hours ago, after going to Whiterun, I made my way up to Dawnstar and did the Daedric Quest
Waking Nightmare, and instead of killing the dude at the end and getting the artifact, I let him live since I was trying to be a decent guy.

It sucks realizing this NOW. And the second Daedric quest I did was the moonlight one,
which I guess you CAN exploit to get two (of course which I didn't know back then.)
Oh well. There's no way I'm going to do another playthrough just for 1 stinking achievement.

I'm all done with the game then I think. Good times.

Yup I mentioned this a page or two/three back with the same fucking problem. Pissed me off when I wasted all my time doing all of the daedric quests, only to find out that the first one I did was the Waking Nightmare one and I did the same thing you did.

I cant stand miss-able achievements like that. The achievement should've been "complete 15 daedric questlines." Especially when the civil war achievements are based around the path you take. Either that or they should've put 20 daedric artifacts in the game to give players some breathing room. The worst part about it is one of the daedric quests you have to be level 30 to even attempt alone.

EDIT: If anyone is trying to get the Oblivion Walker achievement/trophy(Collect Daedric artifacts), use a guide to save yourself wasted time just in case you mess a single one up.

Marco1

I'm not here to put consoles down. I really like console gaming. This is a tale about my two Skyrim experiences.

I first purchased Skyrim on the 360. I wanted my big ass TV, I wanted my controller, I wanted my couch. I also didn’t have a top notch video card in my PC. So day one I had Skyrim and began my journey. I reached level 55 in amad dash of death and looting. I slew dragons, I raped towns, I strolled though many a forest. My main complaint was the same as the one for Oblivion – too many loading screens that took a little too long. I would dread my re-entry into smith shop because I forgot to get some leather strips. I made up stupid loading screen games. How many times can I spin the dragon? Can I align this sword up so I’m pixel perfect looking at it straight on edge?

This Friday I got a new video card. The nVidia 580 3GB ram. I purchased Skyrim, my first double dip for 2012. I loaded some mods from skyrimnexus.com. Launched the game and was blown away. I hadn’t really been playing Skyrim all this time. I had been playing some diet version – less fat, less flavor. Load times were near non-existent. The graphics were stunning. It felt three times more immersive.

I can do without the four million ‘nude’ mods but all the other well thought-out mods have mu applause. I salute you mod makers.
You should try fallout new vegas with the NMC texture mods, looks unbelievable.
Would love to be you but I sold my GTX580 gaming PC and went back to the consoles, sorry but PC gaming just isn't for me anymore.

Plasmid

Alright so i finally have an ebony bow, my archery is around 60? I think, and if i smith it into legendary it only goes up 15 damage points, how am i supposed to get the bows that have like, hundreds of damage lol?

Mobius 1

After 100 hours and just completing the main quest, I decided to put it down until there is significant DLC for it.

I finished the Companions quest and the Civil War - both underwhelming. I love the world, and I want to go back to it with a sense of freshness a couple of months down the line.

Alright so i finally have an ebony bow, my archery is around 60? I think, and if i smith it into legendary it only goes up 15 damage points, how am i supposed to get the bows that have like, hundreds of damage lol?
Daedric Bow + Smithing + 5/5 Overdraw

Then you equip gear with Fortify Archery. Long story short, you use Alchemy to make Foritify Enchanting potions which you use to Enchant gear with Fortify Alchemy that, in turn, you can wear to make even stronger Fortify Enchanting potions that you can use to enchant your Helmet, Gloves, Ring, and Necklace with high-level Foritfy Archery enchantments.

I just have a Superior Daedric Bow with a few pieces of +33% Archery and I'm at like 165 damage.

Edit: If you're talking about people who make 1000 damage bows... You can technically exploit this formula to the extreme with the right perks and there's even a bug where you can equip two helmets to push it even further. Also, using this formula you can create extraordinarily strong Fortify Smithing gear and Fortify Smithing potions. Combine for insane results...

cory021

Neo Member
After 100 hours and just completing the main quest, I decided to put it down until there is significant DLC for it.

I finished the Companions quest and the Civil War - both underwhelming. I love the world, and I want to go back to it with a sense of freshness a couple of months down the line.
Build a new character with a totally new playstyle. I did pretty much what you did with my Nord (Companions, Stormcloaks, just about to beat the Main Quest). After that, I'm going to create a Breton mage and explore the game again. Specifically the College of Winterhold and collecting Daedric artifacts.

Just came across a place that I'd never seen before in my three previous playthroughs. In the reach, near Bthrdamz, nestled in the mountains that border High Rock, there was a small abandoned Dwemer building called "Deep Folk Crossing". Two small towers erected on two sides of a river that comes streaming down from the mountains, and right after passing under the bridge plummets down in a deep waterfall. A small path that leads further into the mountains, with a few buildings erected around a central square. In that central square, an elevated shrine or table... And on it, a Dwemer helmet and sword. I approached it as the sun was rising, after just having fought my way through the nearby Dwemer ruin. There were no enemies, no loading zones, nothing. And yet it's now probably one of my favorite locations in the game.

MrDaravon

I think I'm done with the game until they start patching quests; good lord, was Oblivion THIS bad with broken shit? My wife had to stop playing after 200+ hours because entire quest lines (including the entirety of the Thieves Guild) were outright broken for her. I've literally spent the last 75 hours or so of gametime having to check the wikis for every location I discover and quest I take to try to avoid breaking it, and despite that I just had another quest break before it even was assigned to me (the White Phial one) which now leaves me at 3 "regular" quests broken, about 5 misc. quests broken, and I'm currently stuck with about 12 quest items I can't get rid of either because the quest is already completed, or I had the item when the quest started and now I can't complete the quest OR I did complete the quest but the items are still in my inventory. I'm baffled by the fact that looking online it seems that the majority of breaks revolve around quest items in your inventory, and how that isn't (relatively speaking) easily fixable. I'm just incredibly disappointed, and at this point I don't even want to put any more time into the game until I see if they address issues; I shouldn't have to be sitting at a goddamn computer constantly checking for issues to avoid breaks, and at about 160 hours in I don't want to break it any further either (I know two people whose main questline is completely broken). Goddamn it Bethesda, I feel shitty for putting this game at the top of my GOTY lists on other sites now and it's too late to change it except for GAF.

Top Bottom