• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I hope him not dying is canon for future installments/DLC. The way they set up the conflict where
Odahviing hints some dragons won't follow his example
is just ripe with possibilities

i assumed that was how they explain
dragon attacks after the quest ends

Karl2177

I did the unthinkable today. I walked from Blackreach to my house in Whiterun while over-encumbered. I'd say the 50 Dwarven Ingots were worth it as well as the bones and scales from 2 dragons that I killed after I got out of the elevator tower. Which reminds me, about 50% of the time I'll have 2 dragons attack me. Then I'll discover a word wall and there won't be a dragon in sight. Does anyone else get this.

Also for those with a glitch Red Eagle quest, do it again after 48 in-game hours. It'll spawn a
3rd
Red Eagle sword, which will remove the quest.

Finally found time to start playing the game. Any tips for a newbie in terms of weapons? I'm currently lvl 10 rolling a 1h sword/shield and archery.

GhaleonEB

Just for reference, I also went through that dungeon with bow and arrows and it was one of the best ones in the game, for me. I think I was using an enchanted ebony bow at the time and my archery skill was somewhere in the 90s, did not have all 5/5 perks to boost archery at that time. But, I did have as much enchanted gear to boost archery as was possibly allowed. I could handle the deathlords just fine, it was one of the few areas in the game where you had to face a couple of them at once and it actually made for some fun gameplay. Some of the more conventional fps tactics applied(prioritizing targets, divide and conquer etc) so that was nice. I would get as many sneak attack, critical strikes as I could and then make sure to bonk them on the head with my soul trapping mace at the end. I got so many soul gems out of that one dungeon... I don't know why it took Ghaleon 20 shots, maybe the difficulty really ramps up, I did not have it on master. It's not typical.

Anyway, I like when the enemies have some teeth to them. Stuff that can really put a dent in your health quickly or just overwhelms you with numbers is cool. If I replay the game, I might actually go with a character that focuses more on secondary, noncombat skills just to see how much ingenuity I have to use. Ultimately, I would love a lot more hard, persistent, unique enemies that did not scale to your ability to make the world more immersive... but I'm not going on that rant again.

It was really bizzare, as it was (and still is) the only place in the game to spike that high. Without exaggeration, 80% of the enemies were Draugr Deathlords, which are tough to take down. Now in fairness, I'm playing on Master difficulty, which raises the bar a great deal. But it was an enormous spike over anything I found before, or after. Just an odd place.

Actually, on a side note, while I was fighting the magical anomalies in Winterhold, an Ancient Dragon (my first) landed. That was brutal. 0_o Satisfying, though.

Anyhoo, I promised my kids I wouldn't finish the Dragon Priest informal quest, so I saved, took a peek at the reward, and shut down for the night. I was pleased, though
I wonder how much of chance it really has. If it's a large chance, that's a great mask, a low chance and it's not. Either way, the design is badass, and it immediately made my next character choice a bit more complex. It's a great mask for a melee character, not an archer (who takes relatively little damage).

But my next character's charter is the Companions, and the Daedric quests. If I tack on the Dragon Priest masks, that means he also does the full main quest and the College of Winterhold, which is more structured questing than I prefer to do on a single character. Dilemmas, dilemmas.

For now I'm going to work on perfecting Azel, now that her primary missions are over. I'll post some thoughts on the main quest tomorrow. Short version, dramatically better, more engaging and memorable than Oblivion, but clunked in some odd places. And boy did Bethesda come up with a bunch of assholes for characters.

Damn, just learned that Daedric armor is better than Dragonplate armor :\ Doesn't make much sense..

Yikes, no kidding. What the....?

You have to get your smithing skill up 10 levels higher and take another perk to get inferior armor?

TTG

But my next character's charter is the Companions, and the Daedric quests. If I tack on the Dragon Priest masks, that means he also does the full main quest and the College of Winterhold, which is more structured questing than I prefer to do on a single character. Dilemmas, dilemmas.

For now I'm going to work on perfecting Azel, now that her primary missions are over. I'll post some thoughts on the main quest tomorrow. Short version, dramatically better, more engaging and memorable than Oblivion, but clunked in some odd places. And boy did Bethesda come up with a bunch of assholes for characters.

Well, one of the rewards along the Deadric quest line is a helm, but I don't think it has any benefits for melee characters as far as enchantments go. Make sure to get your stamina up to a good level with that character, those items really weigh a bunch! There's a bunch of stuff that should have a permanent spot in any high level character's inventory though...

I thought the main quest had a great premise, but ultimately failed to deliver story wise. I'm gonna say things start to go downhill after you're sent to Riften to make contact with a certain someone.

Morokh

I have kind of a similar problem with one of my characters.
I made some all around build with the purpose of doing a big 'let's do everything with one character' run with significant perks points invested in all three archetypes to justify that the character would have a benefit joining all the factions in the game.

And when I found myself in the character creation menu I ended up making an Argonian treasure hunter out of it. (a little dragon-ish looking on top of that)

Started to play, and joined the companions, and then ..... I remembered that you HAD to
become a werewolf
and that just felt soooo wrong xD

I thought the main quest had a great premise, but ultimately failed to deliver story wise. I'm gonna say things start to go downhill after you're sent to Riften to make contact with a certain someone.

I actually started to really like it from this moment on, it's really just
the way Alduin is scripted in Sovngarde when you try to get there, and how easy he can be to defeat that kinda breaks the whole thing down

Yikes, no kidding. What the....?

You have to get your smithing skill up 10 levels higher and take another perk to get inferior armor?

When your smithing's at that high a level, though, it hardly even matters what armor you wear. Anything steel plate and above can be smithed to reach the maximum armor level, I think. I tend to like dragonplate over Daedric, because Daedric looks like you just stepped from the pits of hell.

And imo, the game needed a fourth act. Act III would end with
Alduin being driven from Sovngarde and back into the real world. Then he'd start keeping true to his name... And devour the world. That's where act 4 begins. You exit Sovngarde, learn what Alduin's doing, and climb on Odahviing (or even Parthuurnax') back to stop him. They take you to Whiterun, where shit's going bad fast. A lot of dead people (shopkeepers, guards and such, they can easily be replaced), the city burning, several buildings damaged. Fuck, Beth could've gone crazy. Have cracks in the ground with steam coming out of them. Have the water boil. Remove the stars and moons from the night sky. Have meteors fall, like they always tend to do when Alduin's around. Have the big guy sitting on top of Dragonsreach, sending the souls of those he devoured in Sovngarde against you. You rally the town guard (heck, maybe Balgruuf and Irilileth (or their replacements) as well, and some Imperial/Stormcloak soldiers depending on where you are in the civil war quests), and start making your way up burning Whiterun. Shit, have things go every crazier. Have houses (shops and such) collapse as your passing. Have a dragon swoop in to try and stop you. When your reach Dragonsreach, you have to fight your way through it to reach the balcony. Alduin's hanging outside, so you use Dragonrend to bring him down. He crashes outside the city, and there's no way to get to him quickly... But then Parthuurnax/Odahviing appears, teaches you a word of Become Ethereal, and flies off to distract Alduin. So you use Become Ethereal, jump the fuck down (so they'd have to make sure the balcony's actually a part of the game overworld, not a seperate cell), and start fighting Alduin together with Parthuurnax/Odahviing. If Parthuurnax is with you, have Alduin violently rip his throat out. This creates an equal ending for those who killed him and those who didn't. If it's Odahviing, have him severely wounded and tossed aside or something.

And thén you take on Alduin. For real this time. Have him be tough as nails, but weakened signficantly every time you use Dragonrend. When you kill him, have a unique animation play... And then see him blow up into a million pieces, like he does in Sovngarde. And the sky instantly clears up, the sun starts rising as the people of Whiterun approach you. They hail you, because you know, you're the goddamn Dragonborn. Then some other dragons show up, landing on high points all around you... And they start doing their chant, and then fly off. Odahviing comes down, tells you "you are now the most powerful among the dovah" or something, and "I will bow to the rightness of your Thu'um". Have the people of Whiterun start rebuilding their city. If you return a few days/weeks later, you'll find a statue of yourself, like the one in Oblivion. You'll find the shops have new owners. The destroyed buildings have been rebuilt. There'd still be cracks in the ground and such, but nothing major. Just a reminder of what happened.

This also opens up the Blades quests again, but with special dialog options.

Oh well. :lol

Morokh

well, you know that guy that seems to turn adventurers into city guards ?

.... just found out that could actually be me ... :p

19F0819367849A761D8842C0F2253D406275D7E0

@Blue Ninja - CK is just around the corner .... :p

Zeppelin

I just finished the main quest line and I've only got the civil war line left when it comes to full quest lines. And I'm starting to run out of side quests too. I seriously doubt I'll be able to hit 50 without grinding somehow.

I got thegame for Xbox and played it for a while (up to lvl 9) before updating to v1.3. It was running relatively smoothly, but it seems choppy now. I feel like the average FPS has gone down 5-10 frames. Has this happened to anyone else?

Karl2177

Enthir at the College is a giant dickhead. That's all I really have to say about him. (I was going to use a stronger word, but I didn't want to take it too far.)

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I'm up to level 15 as a mage character, and man, it is really hard to save up gold, since I'm constantly having to buy new spell books. If you're a warrior or thief, there's almost no need to buy weapons or armor, since you find them as loot in dungeons. However, there are barely any spell books or magic robes as treasure, and few spell books are crappy low level ones you already know. I was able to easily afford the house at the same level with my other characters, but not with my mage. I really wish you could learn new spells as you level up, instead of having to buy spell books.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Finally got the game last night and my god did it kick my ass. I probably died at least 20 times in my first dungeon when I was exploring the excavation place. :_\

jimmyhowlett

Neo Member
Every time I equip the Masque of Clavicus Vile, the game gets really choppy. It's the best helmet I have at the moment so I want to use it until I find something better, but it makes the game almost unplayable. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem, and how I would go about fixing this. I have the PC version, if that matters.

All dogs hate Eola. Maybe
she still smells of cooked human flesh?
I've seen three friendly dogs suddenly attack her now.

Barbas ran into a fallen trap rock then started freaking out at her, but he's seemingly invincible so I had to reload. Maybe this one was a
"My Daedric Prince could beat up your Daedric Prince!"
kinda thing...

Then later I rescued a stray dog from some wolves, but I only got to spend like 2 minutes with it until it decided to try and kill Eola while we were fighting a bear that was fighting an elk. She summoned a wolf familiar to help kill the stray... which then attacked her too!

Andrew.

Banned
making my way through the theives guild missions....and just about done....and just got the
nightingale armor
...holy shiv that is some cool looking attire....i wanna wear it all the time....not to mention the lil beauty i received as a gift from the she-elf.....wowza! ohh and ill be holding on to that lil tool for quite some time before returning it

So I keep pushing off the main quest, I end up doing one part of it and then decide to "take a short break before the next part" but before I realize it a few hours have passed and I have to stop playing because it's 2am and I have work in the morning. I'm level 40 and I feel like I should have really finished the main story by now! I haven't even touched the civil war quest line yet.

Anyone mind giving me a rough estimate of how close I am to the end? I just fought
Alduin for the first time after learning Dragon Rend, my next step is to talk to the Jarl of Whiterun about capturing a dragon in Dragonreach

So I keep pushing off the main quest, I end up doing one part of it and then decide to "take a short break before the next part" but before I realize it a few hours have passed and I have to stop playing because it's 2am and I have work in the morning. I'm level 40 and I feel like I should have really finished the main story by now! I haven't even touched the civil war quest line yet.

Anyone mind giving me a rough estimate of how close I am to the end? I just fought
Alduin for the first time after learning Dragon Rend, my next step is to talk to the Jarl of Whiterun about capturing a dragon in Dragonreach

You just started Act III. Once you start that mission you're talking about (
by which I mean actually capturing the dragon
), it's a non-stop ride until the end.

Hyunkel6

Very close. I would say 3/4. Should take around 2-3 hours. You get two very awesome shouts upon completion of the main quest too.

GhaleonEB

So, I enjoyed the main quest a great deal. Enough that my next character will go through it himself. I'll do a post another time with why I thought it worked. But after completing it, I had this nagging, unsatisfied feeling. And I think I figured out why.

I'm not sure what Alduin was trying to accomplish, nor what I accomplished in killing him.

I get that he wanted dragons to take over the world (again), and for him to rule them. But more specific than that, what were we trying to head off? Fill in the blank: We need to stop Alduin now before he _________.

Before he what? After the dragon outside of Whiterun is slain, we've got dragons flying around in the world. After I kill Alduin, we've got dragons flying around in the world (Ancient Dragons no less, holy shit). In between, the threat the dragons present the world is static, and does not progress. They're not destroying cities, or razing towns, or doing anything that affects or ties into the story. (The attacks in town are great, but they recover fully; we never get another Helgen.) We're told that we need to stop Alduin because he's foretold to devour the world. Okay. Can we get a little more specific? He wreaked shit in Helgen, and then is a non-factor in Skyrim for the rest of the game.

It would have been good if Alduin had some kind of plan, which we had to thwart. Thinking back to Oblivion, while the main quest was largely forgettable for me, I remember our goal. There was this crisis we were trying to head off, how our plan to keep Mehrune Dagon out of Tamiel failed at the end, setting up the finale. From what I can tell in Skyrim, Alduin had no plan we were thwarting, no crisis we averted, no finale with something at stake.

Our goal was to kill Alduin, we found the weapon to kill him, and then killed him. The end. Postscript: there are still dragons terrorizing Skyrim.

I'd have liked to see more towns get destroyed as part of the story so that we were reminded of the stakes, or as BlueNinja said a while back, a finale with Alduin while he was really wreaking shit. Imagine of Alduin and his army of dragons were destroying the cities of Skyrim one by one, and we are part of an epic last stand at Whiterun; the post script to the game would be seeing (perhaps helping) the world rebuild. But as is, there was no tension to the story, nothing we accomplished other than killing the big bad. "Stop Alduin from devouring the world" is a nice goal, but since we never see him doing this, it felt like an abstract rather than real threat, which meant it was a somewhat hollow victory.

Tracked down the Imperial Helmet (the one with the full face and the black crest) last night wearing it along side Penitus Oculatus Armor, iv got full daedric enchanted with archery buffs which add a total of 160% boost. But with that along side my bow which technically has 3 enchantments thanks to fiery soul trap and 3x damage sneak attacks im finding the game rather easy.

I really want to custom enchant a dagger that looks like the blade of woe but you cant :(. A high level enchantment perk should allow you to rip enchantments from ANY item. Also Fortify Shout should be enchant-able. While the shouts are strong they are not Win buttons if i wanted to play a dragonborn/greybeard role play then fortify shout would be a great buff for me.

And whats with all the unobtainable cool looking gear like the greybeards robes.

Im looking forward to DLC alot at this point hoping for something daedra related possibly oblivion gate related.

Nugg

Ok, I think I'm done. I did all the side quests, the main quest, and every achievement (except Master Criminal, which is bugged in the french version of the game, should be fixed with 1.4). I've collected the stones of Barenziah and the Dragon Priest masks. I'm level 62, and Steam says I spent 104 hours on the game.

I can say it was an amazing experience for me. Clearly the best game of 2011. Probably my favorite game of this gen. It has some (huge) flaws, but it was still so inspiring. I spent the last hour just wandering around, a little sad that I could not think of anything else to do.

I'll clear some of my backlog now, and probably come back to the game in a few months, have a fresh start with a completely different character. Hopefully, there's going to be some DLC by then.

Some impressions after 9 hours of play:

1) Graphically, much more impressive on Oblivion (I'm playing the X360 version, while my Oblivion copy was the PS3 version).

2) Bareable loadings when installed on HDD.

3) Dual wieldling feels great, both with weapons and magic. Combat itself is all right, aside from power attacks which always miss unless the enemy is right in front of you. I am yet to test archery mechanics.

4) I'm not thrilled with the leveling system, as I much prefer Fallout's XP leveling, with selectable skill and perk increases.

5) The locations look great, although they aren't as unique as Morrowind's.

6) Quests aren't satisfying. This is my biggest gripe so far. I've completed the entire companion quest line and done a few primary quests, as well as some side quests and the rewards were quite weak compared to Morrowind/Oblivion. On the other hand, it seems that there's a lot of factions in game with unique quest sets, which is a big plus.

7) The map isn't functional. Oblivion map with zoom would be perfect.

8) Interface is OK, although I have an issue with Favorites, as you can't equip dual wield with the same type of weapon from the Favorite (dpad) menu, which is a big issue for me when switching from dual swords to restoration and back.

9) Shouts and dragons are awesome.

From what I've played this is the most impressive TES so far. Oblivion did a lot of things right gameplay-wise, although it failed to create the atmosphere equal in immersivenes like the one from Morrowind and auto-leveling enemies seriously damaged it's RPG value. Skyrim looks like it's doing a lot of things right, but I'll reserve my final judgement until I experience more quests and locations.

Overdoziz

Banned
Has anyone else had the problem that the framerate suddenly drops tremendously (talking single digit frames per second) after you kill an enemy and the ragdoll comes into play? It's a rare occurrence but I found it a bit strange. The moment the enemy hits the ground and lays still the framerate goes back to normal again. Luckily it has only happened to me twice but it's still a bit annoying. (360 btw)

Well it's certainly kind of anticlimactic but...
you basically thwarted Alduin's "plan" before it had even begun, seemingly Alduin had forsaken his place as "world eater" in order to conquer Tamriel for himself and the rest of the dragons, this would prove easy enough during the Merethic Era when dragons where all but immortal, thing is, he was sent forward in time and during the First Era St. Alessia and Akatosh made their pact and thus the Dragonborn came to be.

Alduin comes back in the fourth era and starts getting his army back, only he discovers there's a peculiar mortal that can indeed kill a dragon for good by consuming it's soul and he kind of panics, he starts throwing his army at you until he has no choice but confront you directly, and when he discovers you're extremely powerful he panics again, this time going to Sovngarde where you can't (supposedly) reach him.

Eventually you "kill" Alduin and save the world, sure it doesn't seem Alduin had any master plan of any sorts but, if you had died during your quest the world would have been over since there would be no other Dragonborn able to defeat the dragon army and they would have seemingly enslaved Tamriel again, the problem here is that Alduin is not a proactive villain, he just runs away from you at every turn (which is indeed referenced quite some times within the main storyline) and hopes you die somewhere while he keeps himself safe from the only thing that can ever kill him and thus there's no real tension within the narrative, having account it's a game and you will succeed in the end.
[/QUOTE]

GhaleonEB

Well it's certainly kind of anticlimactic but...
you basically thwarted Alduin's "plan" before it had even begun, seemingly Alduin had forsaken his place as "world eater" in order to conquer Tamriel for himself and the rest of the dragons, this would prove easy enough during the Merethic Era when dragons where all but immortal, thing is, he was sent forward in time and during the First Era St. Alessia and Akatosh made their pact and thus the Dragonborn came to be.

Alduin comes back in the fourth era and starts getting his army back, only he discovers there's a peculiar mortal that can indeed kill a dragon for good by consuming it's soul and he kind of panics, he starts throwing his army at you until he has no choice but confront you directly, and when he discovers you're extremely powerful he panics again, this time going to Sovngarde where you can't (supposedly) reach him.

Eventually you "kill" Alduin and save the world, sure it doesn't seem Alduin had any master plan of any sorts but, if you had died during your quest the world would have been over since there would be no other Dragonborn able to defeat the dragon army and they would have seemingly enslaved Tamriel again, the problem here is that Alduin is not a proactive villain, he just runs away from you at every turn (which is indeed referenced quite some times within the main storyline) and hopes you die somewhere while he keeps himself safe from the only thing that can ever kill him and thus there's no real tension within the narrative, having account it's a game and you will succeed in the end.

Right, I understand that. It just seemed odd to
keep both Alduin's threat and plan abstract, rather than something that affected the world. There was no sense of either urgency (nothing to thwart) nor accomplishment (the state of the world is the same before as after his death).

keep both Alduin's threat and plan abstract, rather than something that affected the world. There was no sense of either urgency (nothing to thwart) nor accomplishment (the state of the world is the same before as after his death).

Right
that was just my point, I know is a great deal gameplay related that they don't want major cities destroyed but they might have found another way other than Alduin being a big pussy and running away from you and doing nothing, there was no effect on the world story wise because Alduin was simply running and he had no time to do anything but resurrect other dragons to throw at you so he wouldn't risk his life, and about his plan it wasn't abstract or unexplaied at all, he wanted to rebuild his army and resume the war, only he never had a chance because you took most of his soldiers down until eventually you got him.

NBtoaster

I agree.
There should have been more Helgen-like disasters or town attacks (like Blue Ninja's fourth act). Or maybe you could find a town where the inhabitants have started worshipping the dragons. Compared with Oblivion, the mythic dawn made much more progress and seemed like a bigger threat to the world.

Doesn't even need to be a real town..maybe you could find bandit or forsworn camps that have been wrecked. There's a lot of wasted potential here.

Had an awesome fight when playing this morning. Found a giant spider in a room with a bunch of fire spout traps. My defense/dps weren't high enough to go toe to toe, and there wasn't much room to maneuver because of the traps. So I snuck past the spider, and when he dropped down I missed him with an arrow, when it went to check it out I hit it with a arrow poisoned with a paraylsis effect. Once spidy stepped out on the fire I locked him in place and kept pounding him with arrows while hidden, and the fire kept burning him. After getting killed by it 4 or 5 times, that was such a satisfying way to win the fight. Then his corpse glitched and I couldn't loot it, heh.

GhaleonEB

I agree.
There should have been more Helgen-like disasters or town attacks (like Blue Ninja's fourth act). Or maybe you could find a town where the inhabitants have started worshipping the dragons. Compared with Oblivion, the mythic dawn made much more progress and seemed like a bigger threat to the world.

Doesn't even need to be a real town..maybe you could find bandit or forsworn camps that have been wrecked. There's a lot of wasted potential here.

Yeah. To draw the Oblivion parallel further,
if Helgen was the analog to Kvatch, we needed a crisis along the lines of Mehrune entering the Imperial City for our finale, to show what was at stake.

I'll put together some more thoughts on the MQ in the next day or so. I don't mean to rag on it, as I think it was pretty great, in a number of ways. It was just anticlimactic, as you said.

Yeah. To draw the Oblivion parallel further,
if Helgen was the analog to Kvatch, we needed a crisis along the lines of Mehrune entering the Imperial City for our finale, to show what was at stake.

I'll put together some more thoughts on the MQ in the next day or so. I don't mean to rag on it, as I think it was pretty great, in a number of ways. It was just anticlimactic, as you said.

Basically, Skyrim's main plot had a premise for greatness, but ultimately felt a bit flat. This is something they really need to work on for the two expansions and TES VI. Amaze the living fuck out of us, Bethesda.

On a related note: I felt more badass just now when I used Unrelenting Force to throw a Draugr off a ledge high above me, see him hit the rafters, hit the ground and die instantly than I did
while slaying Alduin

Definitely agree that the finale of the Main Quest felt anti-climactic. The battle wasn't even all that tough really. I did enjoy it, but compared to some of the epic stuff that went down in Oblivion, it just didn't hold up over all. After finishing it, I kind of shrugged my shoulder and went off to find something new to do. Barely missed a beat.

In future Elder Scrolls games we definitely need to feel like we're having a bigger impact on the world. Things need to change up a bit more due to our actions. It would be great if our choices had more consequences and that NPC's reacted to you based on accomplishments or actions, both good and bad.

cdyhybrid

Basically, Skyrim's main plot had a premise for greatness, but ultimately felt a bit flat. This is something they really need to work on for the two expansions and TES VI. Amaze the living fuck out of us, Bethesda.

On a related note: I felt more badass just now when I used Unrelenting Force to throw a Draugr off a ledge high above me, see him hit the rafters, hit the ground and die instantly than I did
while slaying Alduin

FUS RO DAH and
Call Dragon
are definitely the two coolest shouts. I was hoping there would be a huge, epic battle on a mountain top or something where could launch hundreds of enemy troops off the mountain.

"Find 20 Jazbay Grapes" is the hardest quest in the game. I got the quest around the 60 hour mark, and now that I'm 200 hours in I've only got 10 grapes. I haven't been actively searching for them, but I always check when I visit alchemy shops and they rarely have them in stock. I think I found one out in the wild somewhere near Windhelm.
There's a path, I guess it's from Windhelm that is littered with Jazbay Grape plants, I remember just walking along it picking them, way more than 20. There's some in the Arch-Mages quarters too.

NBtoaster

With the patch, was finally able to complete Blood on the Ice, puchase the last house, become Thane of Windhelm and Thane of Riften, all with much improved performance.

Looks like thats 100 hours iv wasted!.

On the quest
Alduins Wall
Id had previous found and solved the first 2 puzzles at Karthspire/
Sky Haven Temple enterance
now esbern and delphine wont enter
Sky Haven Temple
and instead are just stood around back at puzzle 1 so the main quest line wont progress.

Brilliant job bethesda the whole area should of been locked off if its going to create a gaming breaking bug !! and patch 1.4 dosnt seem to fix it.

so what do i do now, reverting to a previous save could mean 50 hours of lost leveling and experience. Fantastic.

Looks like thats 100 hours iv wasted!.

On the quest
Alduins Wall
Id had previous found and solved the first 2 puzzles at Karthspire/
Sky Haven Temple enterance
now esbern and delphine wont enter
Sky Haven Temple
and instead are just stood around back at puzzle 1 so the main quest line wont progress.

Brilliant job bethesda the whole area should of been locked off if its going to create a gaming breaking bug !! and patch 1.4 dosnt seem to fix it.

so what do i do now, reverting to a previous save could mean 50 hours of lost leveling and experience. Fantastic.

I dunno, maybe you could try forcing the quest to continue using console commands?

Top Bottom