• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

GhaleonEB

I do think you need to be leveled up a bit since the letter from the Jarl mentions he's heard of your efforts. Level 10-ish maybe?

I buttered up the jerk of a Jarl of Falkreath with some Black Briar Mead, then killed some bandits. After that I can buy property - offered at 5,000 gold, when I was just level 8. Once I get out of the dungeon I'm in (WAY over my head, so fun) I should be able to afford it.

It's been fun spotting bits of new items in the world. Kids clothing, sacks of flour, bales of hay, stone quarries, items at the forge. I forgot how hard I get sucked into making a new character and developing them.

I'm playing a female Breton, an unusually hostile, vegetarian pure archer/sneak seeking a homestead. She'll knock off the achievement for 1,000 gold bounty in all holds for me.

Okay, the majority of the vanilla game finished (excluding guild questlines), it's time to move onto Dawnguard. I'm in the mood for some creepy-ish Vampire hunting.

Had a great time just exploring Falkreath hold today. It started raining when I arrived there by carriage and didn't stop until dusk the following day. Really moody atmosphere, it was amazing.

Lakitu

st5fu
Okay, the majority of the vanilla game finished (excluding guild questlines), it's time to move onto Dawnguard. I'm in the mood for some creepy-ish Vampire hunting.

Had a great time just exploring Falkreath hold today. It started raining when I arrived there by carriage and didn't stop until dusk the following day. Really moody atmosphere, it was amazing.

Yeah it's probably my favourite in the game. I remember looking for the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary in the middle of a dark and storm night. It was wonderful.

Yeah it's probably my favourite in the game. I remember looking for the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary in the middle of a dark and storm night. It was wonderful.

Probably gonna buy the plot of land and move Sigurd there when he's ready to settle down. But first there's a Vampire lord to slay.

Been re-listening to the Dawnguard soundtrack (made myself a custom album), and damn, it has some nice pieces in it.

Just got all the achievements for Hearthfire.. Not hard at all to do. Now, to get all the achievements for Dawnguard. Oh boy!

I challenge you to unlock the 'Legend' achievement (or whatever it's called, the one you get for beating a legendary dragon) on Master difficulty. Shit's tense.

My barbarian character doing a Conan.

TESV+2012-09-09+23-12-30-02.jpg

I picked up the Steam version for a steal, and started swapping my 360 saves over (before the DLC came out). It's great for just messing about and taking shots with.

Yeah, taking screenshots and recording movies is what I enjoy the most about Skyrim now, after 200 hours of playing the game. It's kinda addicting to get a best screenshot, the best camera angle for an ENB video, etc. Its kinda like a photography sandbox in a fantasy RPG world, for me at least.

Been getting back into this recently after taking a long break. I am so hooked. I think I went from @40 hours to 70 hours in less then a week haha.

I still cannot believe how many quests there are. Just when I hand one or two in, I get a shit load more.

I spent the last 2-4 hours last night just building my house. My god..the amount of Iron Ignots, and Wood is ludicrous. And damn goat horns. Just when I think I have enough..I run out...and the vendors seem to take ages getting them back in.

I bought a Kinect today for @$40 Aust, solely for this game. Trying to find guides and learn how to use it and set up all the commands atm. The ability to use voice shouts by just saying them, rather then pausing each time is alone worth the $40 I paid :p

Volimar

Been getting back into this recently after taking a long break. I am so hooked. I think I went from @40 hours to 70 hours in less then a week haha.

I still cannot believe how many quests there are. Just when I hand one or two in, I get a shit load more.

I spent the last 2-4 hours last night just building my house. My god..the amount of Iron Ignots, and Wood is ludicrous. And damn goat horns. Just when I think I have enough..I run out...and the vendors seem to take ages getting them back in.

I bought a Kinect today for @$40 Aust, solely for this game. Trying to find guides and learn how to use it and set up all the commands atm. The ability to use voice shouts by just saying them, rather then pausing each time is alone worth the $40 I paid :p

The Kinect functionality is allegedly shite.

When home building, I buy up the pieces I need, go on a quest or two, and as I'm selling off loot, I buy what I need, go work on the house, and then off to quest some more.

Slermy

The Kinect functionality is allegedly shite.

When home building, I buy up the pieces I need, go on a quest or two, and as I'm selling off loot, I buy what I need, go work on the house, and then off to quest some more.

What? I haven't had any problems with my Kinect setup with this game. I find giving follower commands to be especially cool.

Looks like I cleared pretty much every dungeon I can: the game just put two radiant objectives in Swindler's Den, which is unclearable. :lol

I'm just phoning those quests in, I want my Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow.

GhaleonEB

Probably gonna buy the plot of land and move Sigurd there when he's ready to settle down. But first there's a Vampire lord to slay.

Been re-listening to the Dawnguard soundtrack (made myself a custom album), and damn, it has some nice pieces in it.

I bought a plot near Falkreath with my new character. Building the house is basically Kindom For Keflings, if you've played that XBLA game. (And if you haven't - do.)

Get logs, get rock, get clay, work on multiple benches/stations to build stuff.

It's awesome. Luna isn't even doing questing. I'm just building out the house until I'm out of cash, then looting caves and ruins, then selling loot, then building some more....

...and just doing all that, it's going to take a LONG time to finish the house. It's really rewarding and exactly what I needed to get me back into the game.

Yeah..the house building is addictive as hell!! I am almost finished my house near Flakreath, but I need 5 goat horns. I spent hours yesterday traveling to Whiterun, Falkreath and Riften searching the General Goods stores, and none of them had the horns.

I would then sleep to the next day, and try again. Nope. Rinse and repeat for like 20 days..and still no horns.

For 2 days now I have tried finding some, and having no luck *cry*

I bought a plot near Falkreath with my new character. Building the house is basically Kindom For Keflings, if you've played that XBLA game. (And if you haven't - do.)

Get logs, get rock, get clay, work on multiple benches/stations to build stuff.

It's awesome. Luna isn't even doing questing. I'm just building out the house until I'm out of cash, then looting caves and ruins, then selling loot, then building some more....

...and just doing all that, it's going to take a LONG time to finish the house. It's really rewarding and exactly what I needed to get me back into the game.

Very much so. I have a level 40 female Breton who pre-Hearthfire would have had about 30000 gold on her at any one time; now it's in the neighborhood of 5000 because of how much I spend on the house. It really sucks you in.

Samurai Penguin, just kill wild goats.

Yeah..the house building is addictive as hell!! I am almost finished my house near Flakreath, but I need 5 goat horns. I spent hours yesterday traveling to Whiterun, Falkreath and Riften searching the General Goods stores, and none of them had the horns.

I would then sleep to the next day, and try again. Nope. Rinse and repeat for like 20 days..and still no horns.

For 2 days now I have tried finding some, and having no luck *cry*

Strange, I found goat horns in both Whiterun and Riften at the general goods store.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Does anyone have a link to a Lightning (FFXIII) character mod? I see a lot of videos on YouTube but can't seem to find a link to a working one.

xlarge_7615c24ab383aa892d0a941d7cbafc10.jpg

Volimar

Also, I lost Shadowmere. I don't know if he died or if I absentmindedly left him at some cave entrance. He's suppose to respawn after a few weeks if he dies, and hasn't. I have Arvak now if I need, so it's not crucial, but still, kind of a bummer.

Huh, I had no idea dragons could actually pick you up the way they can pick up other NPCs. I was fighting Naslaarum and Voslaarum (the twin dragons from Dawnguard) when one of them suddenly swooped down, grabbed me and then tossed me to my demise. :lol

Huh, I had no idea dragons could actually pick you up the way they can pick up other NPCs. I was fighting Naslaarum and Voslaarum (the twin dragons from Dawnguard) when one of them suddenly swooped down, grabbed me and then tossed me to my demise. :lol

Speaking of Dragons... I fought a Legendary Dragon the other day on Master difficulty like you challenged me to.

Well, it was quite bull crap. :lol It's Fire Breath just obliterated me within a second each time. I couldn't even react fast enough to go into my inventory and drink some potions. I kinda just gave up, but I still have a save from the middle of the battle. I may or may not resume my fight with him :lol.

Does anyone have a link to a Lightning (FFXIII) character mod? I see a lot of videos on YouTube but can't seem to find a link to a working one.

xlarge_7615c24ab383aa892d0a941d7cbafc10.jpg

You'll probably have to look on like chinese Skryim forums/websites for a working one (I think it was made by some Chinese modders). It's banned on a lot of the modding websites since they don't want copyrighted material.

GhaleonEB

Speaking of Dragons... I fought a Legendary Dragon the other day on Master difficulty like you challenged me to.

Well, it was quite bull crap. :lol It's Fire Breath just obliterated me within a second each time. I couldn't even react fast enough to go into my inventory and drink some potions. I kinda just gave up, but I still have a save from the middle of the battle. I may or may not resume my fight with him :lol.

I haven't fought Legendary - don't have Dawnguard - but Elder Dragons on Master were that way. I used Become Ethereal to defeat them.

Make sure you are in a place with lots of cover, and step out for a blow or two (or in my case, arrow) as they line up a breath attack. Fire, then hit level 1 Become Ethereal - for the instant response - to survive the fallout. Hide, wait for it to recharge, then repeat. It gets a LOT easier once they are grounded.

Each round was like a duel, wild west style. I'd have to 'draw' my shout first, or be toast. I loved taking them down; took forever but felt so rewarding.

I did it, so can you. Use cover, Dragonrend, and if all else fails, call backup (Durnehviir or Odahviing).

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
You'll probably have to look on like chinese Skryim forums/websites for a working one (I think it was made by some Chinese modders). It's banned on a lot of the modding websites since they don't want copyrighted material.

Thanks, I managed to find one. Works fine, but sometimes the armor is all black / its textures don't render. Anyone know why?

I haven't fought Legendary - don't have Dawnguard - but Elder Dragons on Master were that way. I used Become Ethereal to defeat them.

Make sure you are in a place with lots of cover, and step out for a blow or two (or in my case, arrow) as they line up a breath attack. Fire, then hit level 1 Become Ethereal - for the instant response - to survive the fallout. Hide, wait for it to recharge, then repeat. It gets a LOT easier once they are grounded.

Each round was like a duel, wild west style. I'd have to 'draw' my shout first, or be toast. I loved taking them down; took forever but felt so rewarding.

I did it, so can you. Use cover, Dragonrend, and if all else fails, call backup (Durnehviir or Odahviing).

Haha, thanks for the tips guys. The thing is that I don't have Dragonrend, Become Ethereal, nor am I able to summon any type of Dragon with this character. :/

I'm thinking of just turning down the difficulty so I can beat him. I will then stock up on whatever I need, get Ethereal and probably Durnehviir, and then I will attempt it again. :lol

Got all the hearthfire achievements today, that's easily the glitchiest piece of content I've ever played, something went wrong with EVERYTHING. Frankly, I'm amazed I got the achievements at all.

I've hired a steward to decorate my house, since I was to lazy to do it myself again, but after paying him and all that stuff and waiting, fast traveling to other locations, going inside and back out again there is still nothing inside the house. Kinda sucks.

Got the cow and the bard and all that, but the furnishing isn't working

All right, finished Dawnguard. Sigurd's story is just about done.

I convinced Serana to cure her vampirism, but now her eyes have this strange orange look to them, it's freaky. :lol

Volimar

All right, finished Dawnguard. Sigurd's story is just about done.

I convinced Serana to cure her vampirism, but now her eyes have this strange orange look to them, it's freaky. :lol

I wanted to marry her, but even if you cure her vampirism, she says she's afraid to step foot in the temple.

She'll follow you inside a temple if you go inside one though...

So ends the story of Sigurd the Nord: Dragonborn, landowner, badass, vampire slayer who totally banged a hot vampire chick, and just a generally nice guy. Truly a rockstar among heroes.

What? You can convince her to cure it?

Yup, at the end of the Dawnguard questline, and if you didn't bother her about it beforehand. Otherwise she becomes pissed and tells you she doesn't want to talk about it with you.

If you wait until after the questline to ask her, however, she'll think about it and then head to Falion to be cured. She'll return a few days later.

GhaleonEB

Still building out my house for Hearthfire. I'm very impressed with the volume of content.

The number of additions you add to the house, and the number of things you pack into it, are flat-out absurd. I've long lamented the lack of things to buy in Skyrim once you get over an initial curve, and this add on pushes that curve far into the horizon, at least for new characters.

You finally get a house with a smelter, grindstone, work bench and forge. You get a garden - and can pick what grows where. I squealed a little at that one. My daughter just got - and stocked - her fish hatchery. There's a library option! My sweet books will all have homes.

And so on. I'm probably about 1/10th of the way through building the thing out. I'm shocked at how much stuff this $5 add on brought to the game, and how well all the content (mills selling logs, new items dropped into the world, etc.) is added. It doesn't beat you over the head with HERE GO BUY A HOUSE - it just seamlessly adds all the new stuff in a way that expands the depth of content in the game.

Bravo, Bethesda.

Still building out my house for Hearthfire. I'm very impressed with the volume of content.

The number of additions you add to the house, and the number of things you pack into it, are flat-out absurd. I've long lamented the lack of things to buy in Skyrim once you get over an initial curve, and this add on pushes that curve far into the horizon, at least for new characters.

You finally get a house with a smelter, grindstone, work bench and forge. You get a garden - and can pick what grows where. I squealed a little at that one. My daughter just got - and stocked - her fish hatchery. There's a library option! My sweet books will all have homes.

And so on. I'm probably about 1/10th of the way through building the thing out. I'm shocked at how much stuff this $5 add on brought to the game, and how well all the content (mills selling logs, new items dropped into the world, etc.) is added. It doesn't beat you over the head with HERE GO BUY A HOUSE - it just seamlessly adds all the new stuff in a way that expands the depth of content in the game.

Bravo, Bethesda.

Yup. It's kinda the same with Dawnguard, really: most of the stuff it adds just fit in seamlessly with what was there before. It's really well-done.

I really wish there was a "hide helmet" option. I don't want to cover my character's head, but most of the light armour perks require full sets. :(

GhaleonEB

Pretty sure there's a mod for that.

On that note. Random thought: I wish bodies decayed in the game, or were otherwise disposed of. Kill someone and toss them in the river, and slaughterfish come nibbling. Leave a body in the woods, and it attracts wolves. Come back a few weeks later, you've got a skeleton left behind. Kill someone in town, guards carry the body to the Hall of the Dead. That sort of thing. It's weird seeing corpses just laying about in the middle of town as people go about their day.

JDdelphin

Yeah, I hope something is implemented there... maybe not decaying, but they are dealt with in some logical fashion and if nobody deals with them (like in the wild) they leave remains.

On that note. Random thought: I wish bodies decayed in the game, or were otherwise disposed of. Kill someone and toss them in the river, and slaughterfish come nibbling. Leave a body in the woods, and it attracts wolves. Come back a few weeks later, you've got a skeleton left behind. Kill someone in town, guards carry the body to the Hall of the Dead. That sort of thing. It's weird seeing corpses just laying about in the middle of town as people go about their day.

Yup. That's what Beth needs to work on. They've got the world-building figured out, now they need to make sure it feels actually populated and real.

I really wish there was a "hide helmet" option. I don't want to cover my character's head, but most of the light armour perks require full sets. :(

I just have my helmet favorited, so I can take it off in cities and put it back on in battle.

I just have my helmet favorited, so I can take it off in cities and put it back on in battle.

Yeah, that could work. Might be a bit annoying for me though, since I seem to run into a constant stream of enemies when walking anywhere now. Last night there was a royal rumble between me, some vampires, giant spiders and a dragon. A fairly common scenario. :/

I finally completed my Lakeview Manor house last night, with most of the interior sorted. My "no fast travel" rule was really stretched to the limit though, carting all the construction materials and then household contents across Skyrim got a bit tedious. All done now though. :D

I finished my house in Lakeview as well. I managed to get goat horns in Solitude. Sadly though I cannot become Thane of Falkreath because the quest of Assisting 3 People has glitched.

I checked Youtube and such, and 2 of the people I need to help are gone or non existent.

The Nord who gives you Ashes - Doesn't seem to exist.
The Farmer (whose daughter died) who you sell a cabbage to - Disappeared without a trace.

The farmers wife has been dead outside their house for weeks now. My guess is the husband did it and bolted :p

Top Bottom