• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Raxus

It's pretty funny listening to the Stormcloaks talk shit about the elves, when I'm standing right there (I'm a high elf). I even joined their fucking uprising, at least give me some respect.

I joined the Stormcloaks as well since they didn't try to execute me yet.

Neither option is good so I know when I begin my crime spree to get the 1k bounty in all 9 holds I am going to start in the Jarl's chamber. Hope the new king isn't programmed to die to my unlimited destruction spells. Mwhahahaha. Talk shit in front of a dark elf will you?

Wallach

So I'm duel wielding Daedric maces (Legendary). Same exact shit, no enchants. I'm fighting a Draugr Deathlord, he shouts me, disarming me. I equip two other weaker weapons in my inventory, then killing him. Now I look back into my inventory and only have one of my Daedric maces. I'm pretty pissed off now. Anyone know how to fix this?

I'm not sure being a mage, but I thought when you get disarmed your shit actually goes out of your hands onto the ground. Did you look around?

GhaleonEB

I'm working on a random quest to steal a ring from someone for the Thieves Guild. The description is, in part:

"I've been told to pickpocket Louis Letrush's Gold Ring from Louis Letrush in Riften."

I check the map and find that the marker is point to the Whiterun Stables. Um, yeah.

I charter a wagon and head to Whiterun, where I meet Louis Letrush, his brother Louis Letrush, and his other brother Louis Letrush, who either has no legs or fell into a really deep pothole.

IMG_6165.jpg

When they speak, they all say the same thing, though they say it together. It's like a chorus of Louis Letrush's. I'm not sure which to pickpocket first.

Edit: I checked all three and none of them have a gold ring on hand. I think I'll bail out of this one. :lol

Also, this is me before I finished the Thieves Guild and started rocking
Nightingale armor
. Luna is seen on one of her characteristically high perches, scouting out bandit camp.

IMG_6163.jpg

Luthos

I'm not sure being a mage, but I thought when you get disarmed your shit actually goes out of your hands onto the ground. Did you look around?

This is true. I got disarmed, and my sword literally went out of my inventory onto the ground.

You'll have to check around the room the fight was in.

The Nords are shortsighted and foolish to fight a war with the Imperials; it works only to the benefit of the Thalmor and the Aldmeri Dominion. They want to protect their land but they will only leave her with fewer allies when the time comes to fight the real war. The Thalmor are simply looking to weaken the territories further so that they can conquer them individually rather than again lose a war to united armies of men.

It's a bit more complicated than that. The gods are real and have influence in Tamriel. Talos was a protector of humankind, which is why the Thalmor are trying to weaken him by stopping people from worshiping him. The Thalmor come out on top no matter who wins, either humanity is disunited or they weaken the god who protects humans.

Jubs

I joined the Stormcloaks as well since they didn't try to execute me yet.

Neither option is good so I know when I begin my crime spree to get the 1k bounty in all 9 holds I am going to start in the Jarl's chamber. Hope the new king isn't programmed to die to my unlimited destruction spells. Mwhahahaha. Talk shit in front of a dark elf will you?

I wish there was an option to join the Thalmor. I want to rule with an iron fist with the rest of my brethren.

Mothman91

This is true. I got disarmed, and my sword literally went out of my inventory onto the ground.

You'll have to check around the room the fight was in.

Unfortunately I checked all over the place. Maybe it has to do something with the same exact weapons? I just reloaded a save earlier. Bad luck me.

NBtoaster

So I'm duel wielding Daedric maces (Legendary). Same exact shit, no enchants. I'm fighting a Draugr Deathlord, he shouts me, disarming me. I equip two other weaker weapons in my inventory, then killing him. Now I look back into my inventory and only have one of my Daedric maces. I'm pretty pissed off now. Anyone know how to fix this?

Disarming makes the item drop to the ground, you need to find it again.

edit: oop, didn't see there was another page :x

Philthy

Yeah, I've been disarmed and lost my weapon to the void gods. Had to reload. Sucks when you're pounding a boss and he disarms you and you don't hear the clank noise of it hitting the floor. :/

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh, and I also don't feel bad about
the Forsworn.

That dude's arguments were a crock of shit. So they had a kingdom in the same land before... a kingdom of what? Nothing suggests that any of the present cities were built by the Forsworn. They were just randomly strewn about the land like they are now and their idea of a kingdom was pathetic and it's memory exaggerated.

The Nords didn't drive them out of anything, they just established their own presence. In the time since, I'm sure they had some injustices acted against them, but I bet all of them were due to them making war and doing sick ritual torture shit on innocent people like they are now. If they lived in their caves and mountain tent shit among the Nords without bothering them, I'm sure it would have been fine.

In terms of the REAL history of the land, I'm actually a bit confused. A lot of what is said says that things went from Dragons to Man, so where to the Dwemer fit in?

cackhyena

I'm working on a random quest to steal a ring from someone for the Thieves Guild. The description is, in part:

"I've been told to pickpocket Louis Letrush's Gold Ring from Louis Letrush in Riften."

I check the map and find that the marker is point to the Whiterun Stables. Um, yeah.

I charter a wagon and head to Whiterun, where I meet Louis Letrush, his brother Louis Letrush, and his other brother Louis Letrush, who either has no legs or fell into a really deep pothole.

IMG_6165.jpg

Haha, I only have two of them, but yeah. Had to sneak shoot one with an arrow to get him outta the ground.

In terms of the REAL history of the land, I'm actually a bit confused. A lot of what is said says that things went from Dragons to Man, so where to the Dwemer fit in?

The humans conquered Skyrim from the Falmer, who fled underground and were enslaved and corrupted by the Dwemer, so I guess the Dwarves were there underground before men came along.

TES VI. Almost guaranteed.

The Elder Scrolls VI: Elsweyr or Summerset Isles?

I vote Elsweyr because that mysterious, exotic land of deserts and jungles has intrigued me for a long time but Summerset Isles could be pretty amazing too if you could sail a boat around the province.

edit: Just looked at a map and I guess Summerset is only two isles...

Grisby

2 questions gents.

1. Can I do the civil war stuff after the main quest?
2. Do I still get to fight dragons after the main quest? Just a simple y or n.

Thanks,

guys I want to play but the framerate on my ps3 hovers around 15 why didn't I buy another Xbox why is this happening bethesda wwwwwhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy

Mothman91

FUCK YES, the loot at the last mission for The Companions gave me some serious shit for my build. A shield that increases magic resist by 20% and also increases Hp by 20. And a necklace that increases one handed attack dmg by 30%. Both of which I'll disenchant and add to my Daedric armor =D.

I vote Elsweyr because that mysterious, exotic land of deserts and jungles has intrigued me for a long time but Summerset Isles could be pretty amazing too if you could sail a boat around the province.

Being able to pilot a canoe or sail around Wind Waker style would be a nice addition.

Dresden

Helping the Imperials doesn't mean you're helping the Thalmor.

Besides the Imperials accept orcs while the Stormcloaks are a bunch of racists and Ulfric is a creep.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
65 hours to figure out that the head of the greybeards will mark the locations of shouts you don't yet have.

Doh.

Land of the cat people just seems like a tougher sell to the more 'mainstream' segment of the Elder Scrolls audience to me. Land of the effete Elven Fascists isn't much better though, is it. Ha.

Drazgul

What ingredients are required to make healing potions?

Restore Health
Blisterwort (3)
Blue Dartwing (3)
Blue Mountain Flower (1)
Butterfly Wing (1)
Charred Skeever Hide (4)
Daedra Heart (1)
Eye of Sabre Cat (4)
Imp Stool (4)
Rock Warbler Egg (1)
Swamp Fungal Pod (4)
Wheat (1)

Any combination of two will do, adding a third component won't improve the potion in any way (unless you want secondary and even tertiary effects).

overcast

Restore Health
Blisterwort (3)
Blue Dartwing (3)
Blue Mountain Flower (1)
Butterfly Wing (1)
Charred Skeever Hide (4)
Daedra Heart (1)
Eye of Sabre Cat (4)
Imp Stool (4)
Rock Warbler Egg (1)
Swamp Fungal Pod (4)
Wheat (1)

Any combination of two will do, adding a third component won't improve the potion in any way (unless you want secondary and even tertiary effects).
Much appreciated.

Drazgul

Just get any crappy magic resistance item, think I learned the effect off of some junk silver amulet that I got as random loot. Sucks tho that unless you get lucky with loot, your only option is doing the town circuit and visiting each merchant until you find an item with the effect you want.

Land of the cat people just seems like a tougher sell to the more 'mainstream' segment of the Elder Scrolls audience to me. Land of the effete Elven Fascists isn't much better though, is it. Ha.

Yeah, all the remaining options are lands inhabited by high fantasy races anyway. High Elves (Summerset Isles), Wood Elves (Valenwood), Khajit (Elsweyr) and Argonians (Black Marsh). Every other province/region has been covered from Elder Scrolls II to V (first game covered the entirety of Tamriel I believe).

Yeah, I think the only choices left are the land of the High Elves (Summerset Isles), Wood Elves (Valenwood), Khajit (Elsweyr) and Argonians (Black Marsh). Everything else has been covered in Elder Scrolls II, III, IV and V (I covered the entirety of Tamriel I believe).

It's been so long since Daggerfall that there's no reason that they couldn't return to Hammerfell or High Rock. Elsweyr and Black Marsh seem like unlikely settings because I don't see Bethesda making a game about furries or lizards.

Dresden

I could see them going back to Vvardenfell. It was ruined by the Red Mountain erupting, right? Maybe it could be about the Dunmer trying to reclaim the land, while explorers from all the regions adventure and loot the remains of their cities.

It's been so long since Daggerfall that there's no reason that they couldn't return to Hammerfell or High Rock. Elsweyr and Black Marsh seem like unlikely settings because I don't see Bethesda making a game about furries or lizards.

I don't get that logic. I agree that it's been long enough that Hammerfell/High Rock would probably be fair game, but I don't see how Bethesda who invented this rich world full of lore and variety would be prejudiced against over half the races in the Elder Scrolls mythos.

RyanDG

FUCK, you can't disenchant shields? DAMNN, only good magic resist one I found. FML, I need some magic resist.

You can disenchant shields.... But certain 'special' items can't be disenchanted. More than likely if you are talking about the shield from a certain questline, it's just one of the ones that can't be disenchanted.

Still early on, but just a general strategy question: I've been running into instances where I feel overpowered. For example, the Red Eagle sword mission, where you have to find his grave, well I went into the dungeon, handled the bandits like a boss without breaking a sweat, and then get to Red Eagle's zombie corpse and he hands me my ass like nothing. I ran across a vampire cave where the same thing happened: Regular vampires were easy as pie, main vampire boss of the dungeon kicks my ass. Do I just need to level up and come back? Is this how these "scaling areas" will work, like maybe I'm at the very beginning of Red Eagle's level? Or will he just keep scaling up with me and not really get any easier?

I don't get that logic. I agree that it's been long enough that Hammerfell/High Rock would probably be fair game, but I don't see how Bethesda who invented this rich world full of lore and variety would be prejudiced against over half the races in the Elder Scrolls mythos.
I'm not calling Bethesda prejudiced about fictional races, I'm saying that they have to sell and market these games, and I think for those reasons we won't see a game with mostly feline or lizard characters.

It's pretty funny listening to the Stormcloaks talk shit about the elves, when I'm standing right there (I'm a high elf). I even joined their fucking uprising, at least give me some respect.

Talking to Mavin Black Briar was funny after I finished the Dark Brotherhood quests was funny. "Oh...so you're going to be the Dark Brotherhood to kill me, are you? Fat chance."

I see your point, but I think the phenomenal success that Skyrim is in the process of becoming is going to afford Bethesda a great deal of goodwill. At least enough to set the game in Elven territory. But again, I'm really hoping and am confident for a Elsweyr or Black Marsh scenario. To me it makes sense, because it would offer a great change of pace in many ways (wildly different climate, culture, etc.).

Also, Elder Scrolls VI: Black Marsh sounds badass enough that everyone from high fantasy nerds to Call of Duty kids will want a copy (heh).

Meier

Still early on, but just a general strategy question: I've been running into instances where I feel overpowered. For example, the Red Eagle sword mission, where you have to find his grave, well I went into the dungeon, handled the bandits like a boss without breaking a sweat, and then get to Red Eagle's zombie corpse and he hands me my ass like nothing. I ran across a vampire cave where the same thing happened: Regular vampires were easy as pie, main vampire boss of the dungeon kicks my ass. Do I just need to level up and come back? Is this how these "scaling areas" will work, like maybe I'm at the very beginning of Red Eagle's level? Or will he just keep scaling up with me and not really get any easier?

I don't quite understand the whole scaling thing myself but in general the bosses are pretty tough comparitively speaking. I'm level 30 and had my ass handed to me a few times by boss in this cave for the Mage's guild quest but I finally got him.

Do you have any shouts yet? They are pretty key for killing bosses who are wrecking you (the stagger one is very useful...Unyielding Force or whatever?). Also dont forget your potions. They can be a deciding factor.

I don't quite understand the whole scaling thing myself but in general the bosses are pretty tough comparitively speaking. I'm level 30 and had my ass handed to me a few times by boss in this cave for the Mage's guild quest but I finally got him.

Do you have any shouts yet? They are pretty key for killing bosses who are wrecking you (the stagger one is very useful...Unyielding Force or whatever?). Also dont forget your potions. They can be a deciding factor.

I've been ignoring my shouts. Will have to try that. Sometimes my health drains so fast though that I die before I even know what hit me.

Top Bottom