• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Football Season 24/25: 115 Reasons For Man City Not To Win Anything

T8SC

The Football Season: 24/25

soccer-field-at-evening-with-the-bal-and-soccer-goal.jpg

Season Dates

English Premier League: 16 August 2024 – 25 May 2025
Italian Serie A: 17 August 2024 – 25 May 2025
Spanish La Liga: 15 August 2024 – 25 May 2025
German Bundesliga: 23 August 2024 – 17 May 2025
French Ligue 1: 16 August 2024 – 17 May 2025

Current Champions

Premier League - Manchester City (8th title)
Serie A - Inter Milan (20th title)
La Liga - Real Madrid (36th title)
Bundesliga - Bayer Leverkusen (1st title)
Ligue 1 - Paris Saint-Germain (12th title)

Uefa Champions League - Real Madrid (15th title)
Uefa Europa League - Atalanta (1st title)
Uefa Conference League - Olympiacos (1st title)

New Signings (So Far)

Kylian Mbappe - Real Madrid
Leny Yoro - Manchester United
Douglas Luiz - Juventus
David Raya - Arsenal
Michael Olise - Bayern Munich
Endrick - Real Madrid

Key Games & Dates In The English Premier League

August 31: Man Utd vs Liverpool
September 14: Tottenham vs Arsenal
December 7: Everton vs Liverpool
December 14: Man City vs Man Utd
January 4: Liverpool vs Man Utd
January 14: Arsenal vs Tottenham
April 2: Liverpool vs Everton
April 5: Man Utd vs Man City

First Game
The 102nd Community Shield to be held on the 10th August at 15:00 & competed for by Manchester United (23/24 FA Cup winners) & Manchester City (23/24 Premier League winners).

Womens Football

Womens Super League:
21 September 2024 – 11 May 2025
Womens Serie A: 16 September 2023 – May 2024
Liga F: 8 September 2023 – 16 June 2024
Frauen-Bundesliga - 30 August 2024 – 11 May 2025

New Signings

Alisha Lehmann - Juventus

1_Aston-Villa-Women-v-Manchester-United-Women-Barclays-Womens-Super-League-Football-Villa-Park-Bi.jpg

cristiano-ronaldo-ronaldo-manchester.gif

Last edited:

T8SC

Predict your top 6 and bottom 3 for relegation from your chosen league which you follow.

English Premier League.

1. Arsenal
2. Manchester United
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool
5. Tottenham Hotspur
6. Newcastle United

18. Bournemouth
19. Southampton
20. Manchester City (115 charges, guilty, relegated).

Last edited:

T8SC

I've added an end of season prediction to the reserved post. Everyone can have a guess at the top 6 & bottom 3 for relegation.

Part of me thinks Arsenal are the most likely to win if City get sent down. However, if things start to falter for them there's a chance the players go full petunias and think 'oh no, not again' and mentally collapse.

As a Liverpool fan I'd be happy with top 4 in Slot's first season but we need to start signing players.

Last edited:

dudester

Neo Member
I don't think you will see any decision on City during the season likely any case is heard during the season but the verdict afterwards.

1 City
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool
4. Spurs

18 Ipswich
19. Southampton
20. Everton

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Predict your top 6 and bottom 3 for relegation.

1. Arsenal
2. Manchester United
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool
5. Tottenham Hotspur
6. Newcastle United

18. Bournemouth
19. Southampton
20. Manchester City (115 charges, guilty, relegated).

Mate, Arsenal need a top striker if they want to win the league. They should give Chido Obi a chance, but instead according to rumors they're letting him go to Man Utd. They need to be looking at somebody like Julian Alvarez who could bang in 20+ goals.

Bournemouth to be relegated? They tipped to be relegated last season and survived comfortably. No way they go down.

Man City bottom? I highly doubt they'll get a points deduction. They're too powerful and money will passed on in brown envelopes. They'll get a fine and that's it. If they get a serious points deduction I'll suck my cock until completion.

cormack12

Gold Member
Part of me thinks Arsenal are the most likely to win if City get sent down. However, if things start to falter for them there's a chance the players go full petunias and think 'oh no, not again' and mentally collapse.

As a Liverpool fan I'd be happy with top 4 in Slot's first season but we need to start signing players.
Aaarrnnnee Slot

I thought the city investigation was just gonna go on forever

Last edited:

T8SC

Mate, Arsenal need a top striker if they want to win the league. They should give Chido Obi a chance, but instead according to rumors they're letting him go to Man Utd. They need to be looking at somebody like Julian Alvarez who could bang in 20+ goals.

Bournemouth to be relegated? They tipped to be relegated last season and survived comfortably. No way they go down.

Man City bottom? I highly doubt they'll get a points deduction. They're too powerful and money will passed on in brown envelopes. They'll get a fine and that's it. If they get a serious points deduction I'll suck my cock until completion.

Regarding Arsenal, there's still weeks left of the transfer window and 3 weeks until the season starts. Plenty time.

Bournemouth - Only a matter of time.

City - We can only hope. Cheaters deserve all they get. They can cook the books in the national league north instead, if they're allowed to play. Juventus got relegated remember, and stripped of their most recent title (At the time).

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Regarding Arsenal, there's still weeks left of the transfer window and 3 weeks until the season starts. Plenty time.

That should be their top transfer target. Instead, they're chasing Riccardo Calafiori. A great signing, but a CB and not a priority position for them.

Bournemouth - Only a matter of time.

Nah. Iraola did an amazing job with Bournemouth last season and they finished 12. No chance they'll get relegated, especially if they keep Solanke.

City - We can only hope. Cheaters deserve all they get. They can cook the books in the national league north instead, if they're allowed to play. Juventus got relegated remember, and stripped of their most recent title (At the time).

I want them to get punished if they've broken the rules. However, I just think they're bribe their way out of a points deduction. Football is too corrupt.

T8SC

I want them to get punished if they've broken the rules. However, I just think they're bribe their way out of a points deduction. Football is too corrupt.

I think the whole football world will want to see the book thrown at them, not just English teams/fans. Football is corrupt but this goes beyond just the Prem, when teams like Real, Barca and other big hitters are involved and contest "fairly" they wont want cheats. Just like Juve, I expect similar or harsher sanctions.

Also, whilst im posting & since people missed the Euro topic or didn't see it until late etc, the communities forum obviously not frequented very often by GAF members, I'm tagging in:

RJMacready73 RJMacready73 clarky clarky Dr.Morris79 Dr.Morris79 Fret Runner Fret Runner FeralEcho FeralEcho Lukaku's First Touch Lukaku's First Touch DKehoe DKehoe Laptop1991 Laptop1991

Laptop1991

Well i'm a Pool fan and i know nothing about Arnie Slot other than i doubt he is as good as Jurgen Klopp, so i have no prediction really apart From Man City are still cheating and will win things, in fact they are ruining football and if i had my way they would be banned for good, i support grass roots football and think that the rules should apply to all clubs, i miss the old days, when football was more important than life and death according to Shanks lol. so not much of a prediction really, i just don't know, Arsenal should do well.

clarky

Gold Member
Cheers for the shout T8SC T8SC i didnt know this was here. I'm a Blackpool supporter but follow the prem as well obviously.

Promised not to get as pissed on match days as i did during the Euros. Honest.

T8SC

The English 24/25 season is about to start. We have the FA Community Shield at 15:00 today between Manchester United & Manchester City.

0_GettyImages-1492968262-1.jpg

Lets get this show on the road!!

DKehoe

Good to see Football GAF back. Thanks for the revival T8SC T8SC

Decent performance by United today all things considered. I'd say they were the better team overall but didn't make the most of their chances and so that's what happens. It would have been nice to start the season off with a win and a trophy (how much you view the Community Shield as a trophy is up to you). But these things happen. De Ligt and Mazourai are apparently on the verge of signing. Looking forward to seeing how both fit in. Presumably, De Ligt goes into the starting XI asap It was gutting to see Yoro get injured so soon, hopefully not an omen of another injury-plagued season. I presume Mazourai is backup for Dalot and maybe covers for Shaw at left back. Getting Martinez back to centre back is so important for the team's overall structure and buildup.

Such a troll

BenwTK1.png
Gotta love a bit of shithousery. And to be fair to Haaland, he seemed to find it funny too.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Looks like Slots 100% record is under pressure. Played well against Sevilla although they are a couple weeks behind us I think

DKehoe

I was just about to post this

Good fucking video too
Yeh, I get it's an advert so it is very much intentionally pulling my strings. But fuck, it works and unlike a lot of these kinds of things it does feel in touch with the culture.

There are so many fun little details, like Hojlund, Garnacho and Mainoo sitting like they did for that celebration, Garnacho reacting to the overhead kick attempt or Amad to the guy taking off his shirt like he did against the Scousers. Mainoo and Bryan Robson interaction was cool to see as well. Even using The Cliff was a nice touch.

T8SC

First game of the season kicks off in 1 hour, Manchester United Vs Fulham.

Looking forward to seeing Mazraoui, who's starting and hope to see De Ligt & Zirkzee come off the bench.

Last edited:

Hrk69

Gold Member
Yeh, I get it's an advert so it is very much intentionally pulling my strings. But fuck, it works and unlike a lot of these kinds of things it does feel in touch with the culture.

There are so many fun little details, like Hojlund, Garnacho and Mainoo sitting like they did for that celebration, Garnacho reacting to the overhead kick attempt or Amad to the guy taking off his shirt like he did against the Scousers. Mainoo and Bryan Robson interaction was cool to see as well. Even using The Cliff was a nice touch.
Yeah I totally agree, they really hired the right people for the job. Loved the music too, I'm a sucker for nostalgia

cormack12

Gold Member
Well I took a chance on united in last man standing and they delivered albeit late.

Hopefully Liverpool can do a dismantling of Ipswich tomorrow

DKehoe

Didn't get to watch the game yesterday because I had some stuff I needed to go to but it sounded like a solid start overall. Mazraoui seems to have fit in really well. With left back still being an issue it looks like Dalot and Mazraoui might be the full backs going forward for the next while so I'm interested to see if they stick with Dalot on the left and Mazraoui on the right or how that goes. Harry Amass seems to have a lot of potential and it'd be great to see him make that left back spot his but I think that's a lot to expect from a 17 year old.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Some dude at Forest broke his ankle first day. End of the season for him.

Wayne Rooneys Plymouth picked up a point.

Ed Sheeran got fuck all.

Laptop1991

2 nil win at Ipswich for Liverpool and Slot wins his first real game in charge, i'll take it, but i still have no idea how this season is going to go or what he is like so far.

T8SC

Week 1 completed in the EPL. No surprising results, unless you consider Spurs being Spurs as a surprising result.

Everyone looked rusty, onwards to week 2 as the transfer deadline window looms on the horizon.

GVackcEWwAAQUSK

cormack12

Gold Member
Haven't really followed the story. Was it just pervy texts?

Be interesting to see Brighton v United next though. Can't see it being easy for united

T8SC

Haven't really followed the story. Was it just pervy texts?

Be interesting to see Brighton v United next though. Can't see it being easy for united

Apparently yeah, two 2 BBC colleagues/workers.

At first I thought it was just because of all his bad takes during his punditry.

Same starting lineup for United. Hoping to see Nacho, Zirkzee & De Ligt again in the second half. Glad Amad has kept his place.

cormack12

Gold Member
Apparently yeah, two 2 BBC colleagues/workers.

At first I thought it was just because of all his bad takes during his punditry.

Same starting lineup for United. Hoping to see Nacho, Zirkzee & De Ligt again in the second half. Glad Amad has kept his place.
Not with that miss

Top Bottom