• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Kyougar

Hey we are losing viewers in our core markets.

"lets switch to Pay-Tv!"
"AND get rid of every european track. Surely those tracks in the middle east and asia will replace our european Viewercount."

Fox Mulder

Hey we are losing viewers in our core markets.

"lets switch to Pay-Tv!"
"AND get rid of every european track. Surely those tracks in the middle east and asia will replace our european Viewercount."

Bernie just wants money and doesn't care about the long term health of the sport because he's old. Might get a middle east only season before he dies.

Pimpwerx

Bernie's still chasing after the demographic that remembers Polio being an epidemic.
Oh man, I laughed too hard at this.

damn. Lewis must be loving America. Posted a bunch of pics with his Cobra then was hanging with some NBA guys at the fight last night. How do I know this? My timeline is full of pics he took last night. I have to say, he got great seats. PEACE.

Risgroo

CEJa5KzWgAAudM_.jpg

Hah!

Oh man, I laughed too hard at this.

damn. Lewis must be loving America. Posted a bunch of pics with his Cobra then was hanging with some NBA guys at the fight last night. How do I know this? My timeline is full of pics he took last night. I have to say, he got great seats. PEACE.
Hamilton is probably the most American person to hit Formula 1 since Scott Speed. I wonder if he'll be racing in the USA in some fashion when he retires from F1.

dalin80

Banned
Hamilton is probably the most American person to hit Formula 1 since Scott Speed. I wonder if he'll be racing in the USA in some fashion when he retires from F1.

While I expect he is going to go into a fairly horrific music career it would be great to see him in the resurgent WEC.

He will be the first F1 champion who wins a grammy.
Album produced by Pharell and Swizz Beatz. Grammy winning hit being "Thank god I dumped that old lady."
While I expect he is going to go into a fairly horrific music career it would be great to see him in the resurgent WEC.
I actually wouldn't mind this as well. Though who would he race for unless Mercedes starts an LMP1 program.

Ark

HAM camp drumming up the FER rumors again, to leverage more money out of MER. Disgusting.

He's in a significantly stronger position than last year now that Vettel and Alonso are tied up in contracts. Still seems a bit silly though, how much have Merc already agreed to pay him?

He's in a significantly stronger position than last year now that Vettel and Alonso are tied up in contracts. Still seems a bit silly though, how much have Merc already agreed to pay him?

I agree that he's in a stronger position now, but I feel that's largely down to Rosberg and Ferrari's performance so far this year. If Rosberg had been stronger, then perhaps they'd think that they could continue winning without him, and they know full well Lewis doesn't have another immediately competitive seat to go to.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
HAM camp drumming up the FER rumors again, to leverage more money out of MER. Disgusting.

Then perhaps Mercedes shouldn't have locked Rosberg into a long contract for lots of money. Now Hamilton won the championship and currently has the bit between his teeth this season, it will be difficult to come up with an attractive contract without a serious number of zeros on the end.

Well it's not like Mercedes can hire somebody else to do their winning for them. If you look at the Merc stats without Hamilton in the picture then the season would look completely different. Granted I think Hamilton shouldn't be that greedy with his contract negotiations, but I'm a peasant compared to that guy.

Hammer24

Banned
Of course the MER offer is substantial, with lots of those little zeroes at the end of the number. But they are not willing to break the bank, and the thinking is that HAM wouldn´t go to FER anyways as long as VET has this #1 clause.

It's business. What's the big deal?

Of course the MER offer is substantial, with lots of those little zeroes at the end of the number. But they are not willing to break the bank, and the thinking is that HAM wouldn´t go to FER anyways as long as VET has this #1 clause.

Still less than what Vettel is currently making, and on par with what McLaren pays Alonso. And the closer Ferrari gets and the worse Rosberg gets increases Lewis's leverage.

And based on what I saw in Montreal last year, Mercedes is making gangbusters on Lewis merchandise...

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-confirms-change-to-graphite-grey-livery-567384

McLaren has now formally confirmed that the livery of its MP4-30 will change for this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix from chrome to "graphite grey".

As revealed by Motorsport.com on Saturday, the chrome-and-silver look that the car started the season with has now been replaced, after it caused problems in sunlight.

A McLaren spokesman told Motorsport.com: “We have revised our car’s livery, improving its visual impact, optimising it for not only bright sunshine but also for the floodlights increasingly used in twilight and night races.

"The result is a dynamic, predatory, graphite grey colouration, complemented by McLaren-dayglo ‘speedmarks’ and keylines, reducing the reflection issues caused by our latest chrome-silver treatment.”

I.e., it won't change much.

Mohonky

It's business. What's the big deal?

Still less than what Vettel is currently making, and on par with what McLaren pays Alonso. And the closer Ferrari gets and the worse Rosberg gets increases Lewis's leverage.

And based on what I saw in Montreal last year, Mercedes is making gangbusters on Lewis merchandise...

The big deal is that some people just dont like Hamilton and never have since he came into F1.

Vettel may make more than Hamilton, no idea what he makes, but I think Hamilton is probably making big bank in things like sponsors; he's probably one of the most marketable guys in the sport right now, especially in places like America. Vettel is too recluse by comparison.

The big deal is that some people just dont like Hamilton and never have since he came into F1.

Vettel may make more than Hamilton, no idea what he makes, but I think Hamilton is probably making big bank in things like sponsors; he's probably one of the most marketable guys in the sport right now, especially in places like America. Vettel is too recluse by comparison.

What does being liked have to do with contract negotiations? Mercedes set a precedent by offering a huge extension to Rosberg last year. And Rosberg has been manhandled by Hamilton since last summer.

Popularity-wise, it's not even close. You say some people don't like him - that's right, but that's the same for all drivers. That number would have to be multiplied by some factor to get to the number of people that don't like Vettel.

If Vettel is recluse, that's his problem. If he decides not to milk his success any further, that's on him. Ferrari doesn't have to over-compensate him for that. Ferrari just happens to have the deepest pockets, otherwise had he joined Merc or stayed at RBR, he would be earning in the ballpark of what Rosberg and Lewis are currently making. Don't forget Ferrari effectively paid Kimi not to drive for them in 2010.

stryke

Might be lttp but Mercedes blocked the 5th engine proposal?? Red Bull must be throwing a fit right now. Although one has to wonder the way Renault have chewed through 4 engines whether one extra free one will make all that much difference.

Might be lttp but Mercedes blocked the 5th engine proposal?? Red Bull must be throwing a fit right now. Although one has to wonder the way Renault have chewed through 4 engines whether one extra free one will make all that much difference.
As I said in an earlier post. "Band aid on a shotgun wound." That one extra engine would've gone boom in one or two races anyway at the rate they're going. I'd like to think even Horner knows it, he just wants to save face and delay the inevitable penalties as much as possible.

Zeknurn

As I said in an earlier post. "Band aid on a shotgun wound." That one extra engine would've gone boom in one or two races anyway at the rate they're going. I'd like to think even Horner knows it, he just wants to save face and delay the inevitable penalties as much as possible.

Or they have improvements on the way and that one engine would make every difference in the world.

Top Bottom