• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 ┇ 2024 ┇ Plan N for Next Season™

Paasei

The true Dutch mentality of Max. Funny how it's all so surprising for others. You say what you think, wether it's positive or negative. Add a little frustration and there you go. Normal.

As much as I like to see him win as a fellow Dutchman, F1 is finally looking up to be exciting again, which is great news. Let him work for it.

Also congrats to Oscar. I hate to say that it was kinda handed to him, but then again, winning is winning. Big achievement regardless. Cool guy, cool team.

Nigel Mansel buggered off to the gold club (correct me if I'm wrong, I might be thinking of somebody else)) after each session so how is this any different?

Last edited:
Spa is the worst place to be as a spectator. It is torture to get there, to endure the elements, and you will be stuck there until midnight while everyone trying to leave the venue.

And they still have not built any grand stands on main straight. Everyone is literally sitting in the mud.

cormack12

Gold Member
Would be Stroll skating off wouldn't it. Although it is frustrating when everyone is too scared to go out in case they bin it before kwali

Leclerc did ok, but ya it’s just qualifying, somehow something will happen during the race. lol

Then hopefully Hamilton will win hahahaahah

Milton is in a position to win. He just has to play his cards right, as he usually does and he'll be on the top step. But Spa is Spa and unpredictable.

Last edited:
Man the first laps Hamilton was looking like his old self, great driving.
Hate to say it but I have to give it up to Russell, I thought for sure that Hamilton would catch him within the the last 2-3 laps… just never happened.
Russell wins… again… : /

Last edited:

DJ12

Man the first laps Hamilton was looking like his old self, great driving.
Hate to say it but I have to give it up to Russell, I thought for sure that Hamilton would catch him within the the last 2-3 laps… just never happened.
Russell wins… again… : /
Someone at merc is going to get fired, unlucky for Russel, but Hamilton deserved the win anyway so no big deal.

Raven117

Man, we are back baby! F1 is so much more fun when there is a legitimate fight at the top and it comes down to strategy, drivers, and fast cars.

Absolute bummer about Russell he raced a great race. Took some gambles, and it worked. That’s no way to lose (or win a race). No one likes that.

DJ12

Man, we are back baby! F1 is so much more fun when there is a legitimate fight at the top and it comes down to strategy, drivers, and fast cars.

Absolute bummer about Russell he raced a great race. Took some gambles, and it worked. That’s no way to lose (or win a race). No one likes that.
Seems like Mercedes knew and tried to cover it up, they are also claiming using too much of the tire tread, so looks like they should've called Russell in.

xrnzaaas

Such a crazy season with another team getting a 1-2 finish. I would never have guessed that after watching the first few races of the season.

Apparently Checo is staying for the rest of the year - seems like a likely constructors win for McLaren and maybe even Ferrari will end up being a threat for Red Bull.

If you had "fuck you money" and you could build a villa close to a racing course because you will obviously use it on the weekends, where would you pitch that tent? My answer is Fuji Speedway. For a myriad of reasons.

That was exciting. Pretty sure Max was going to bin it in the last corner because he was on the ragged edge there. The on boards were scary.

Good quali lap from Norris.

cormack12

Gold Member
Norris lead reminiscent of the ones Max used to carve out before a cheeky pit. Torn between whether to root for Charles or Oscar podium

DJ12

Fastest lap on final lap says Lando is this year's world champion.
Need sto get a few more people between him an max in at least a couple of races (or a max DNF), but could be on the cards for sure.

Max, and a Mercedes will probably win again this season, maybe even Ferrari.

Last edited:
He could do it but he needs one of these
2edd36f4c83952d6d26144ce38f454d13e3be41b_00.gif
that he can fire backwards at Max.

Raven117

Really? 20 seconds ahead of the Red Bull at Zandvoort, with enough meat on the tyres to get fastest lap on the final lap.

If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity
Nope. Not this year. Max is just too far ahead. And Lando hasn’t yet shown he can be that consistent. Plus, Oscar is driving that same car. And is also excellent

Last edited:
Top Bottom